Team Sonic Racing : Part 1

This is delightful and I didn't see any threads about it. Yeah its Yea Forums related but it's an animated short so?
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1106987180591767552

Attached: D1zgskfXQAEgUbS.jpg (751x425, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vc1z6_nBWKA&t=621s
youtu.be/ujmMBPE5jok
twitter.com/ValechuTheFan/status/1107362048575528964
youtube.com/watch?v=xyuunXb4gCc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GH7R2PEvzXo
youtube.com/watch?v=LhMw1xcxIWM
twitter.com/theSirToasty/status/1106999769296261121
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Dr. Eggman as Dick Dastardly
Perfect.

Knuckles is still bro-tier

Never go without your & Knuckles.

Yeah, that was good.
I like these Sonic mini-series they are doing. Mostly because they don´t take themselves seriously.

>Every scene with Big
incredible
Hesse really knows how to write these characters

Attached: 2.03 - The Devlin Made Me Do It.mp4_snapshot_02.14_[2018.10.28_21.09.30].jpg (640x480, 134K)

when this character?

Attached: 146178330700.png (640x480, 338K)

These are great. Light hearted and goofy, like Sonic should be.

I like the implication that everyone gathers for a friendly racing competion on the weekends. Also, Amy being distracted by the hammers was adorable.

I know it's probably already cliche to say at this point, but I wish they'd do more of these shorts instead of the movie. Or hell, just make an animated film that's just a feature length version of the shorts.

As a Cream fan I'm extremely upset. SHE'S supposed to be Team Rose, and they replaced her with freaking mecha chao. Ugh. the girl gets no representation anymore.

I will concede she's not competitive enough to make this as fun as it is but it still stings.

Attached: Team_Rose_Archie_PSGW.jpg (1200x543, 315K)

>Also, Amy being distracted by the hammers was adorable.

Even I have to admit that got me.

I don't want to put a damper on the fun, but why is it that everyone but Sonic Team knows how to keep Sonic's characters consistent and enjoyable? This cartoon made Big the Cat an appealing and endearing character, which Sonic Team has failed at for 20 years. Is it really the lack of dialogue? Hesse and the team also managed to make Amy Rose lovable in the last Mania Adventures short. Meanwhile Sonic Team can't decide whether Tails is a snarky bastard, a cute sidekick, or an unbelievable wuss.

Because Sonic Team lost all their talent years ago, only continues to make Sonic games because they have to, and never really liked the series anyway because it was mostly made to appeal to the West?

>Knuckles
Why is he so great

This shit made me like big, wtf

Attached: 1535228566693.jpg (1080x1080, 491K)

He is like one of those big cats

Even so, it shouldn't be hard to
A.) Scout talent that actually DOES like these games, seeing as how Sonic Team only has about 3 consistent members that have been there since Sonic 3
B.) Write for characters that are on a surface level so 2-dimensional that even shitty fanfiction writers can grasp the fact that Tails is capable of being strong.

Well, like I said, its for the West more than Japan. So theres a good possibility they don't try on purpose, because fuck those gaijin piggus.

SEGA stupidly considers Cream to be a Sonic X character, and their rule is to not advertise "outdated" Sonic media.

She's too young to drive a car, user. You gotta be 8 or up.

While that was a case in like 2007, it certainly isn’t now.

The funniest part is that Yea Forums hated it.
To be fair, they were waiting for an hypothetical game trailer during the panel and it never came out so they were already really pissed.
Also they hate Big the Cat because he's popular now.

Attached: f9d.png (165x115, 43K)

Never doubt the stubbornness and stupidity of Sega of Japan.

I'll do you one better, who this character?

Attached: noideawhothisis.png (401x230, 107K)

It isn’t so much that he’s popular, it’s because the joke is that he’s Big the Cat and that’s it.

I never forget their stupidity, but believing they brought back an odd case that only effected the comics over a dacade ago as an excuse for why she isn’t being used now is being even more stupid than SoJ is.

>Scout talent that actually DOES like these games
Except Japs never liked Sonic, expectally for his gameplay like the West did. At best he's just a mascot of SEGA, at worse they liked shit like 06 story wise because it was a FF10 tier rippoff. SEGA doesn't hire filthy gaijins to make better Sonic games, hense why Mania Tream had to make their own studio after getting kicked out for making glorious Sonic Team look bad with Forces.

Cool short.
I still won't buy the game tho.

Attached: 1829fe518083f9f7f005bbc359c08cc2.png (894x894, 495K)

It's weird seeing something this nice and it being for the racing game. Like I love the style and the characterization, but then I have to remember that they're in a car the whole time.

>The funniest part is that Yea Forums hated it.
I think you mean /sthg/. Actual Yea Forums posters were lukewarm to it.

What DOES /sthg/ like?

Wait when did that happen?

Did you stay after the credits?

>Archie
>IDW
>Mania Team
Interesting how an IP has a better chance at being good when being run by people who actually give a shit about it.

Right at the end.

>!

The animation in this is so much more awkward than in mania adventures, what the fuck did they do to it

Its CG or cel shaded, or something.

you mean like Mario?

youtube.com/watch?v=Vc1z6_nBWKA&t=621s

Stuff like this reminds me of how much I miss the platformer mascot craze of the 90s. Desperate entertainment gold rush trends used to be slightly more innocent.

God such a good short ruined by Flash's jagged paint brush lines.

Sega's pretty retarded with this game, they seriously put Vector with Silver and Blaze and called it "Team Vector" instead of having Team Chaotix at all

It’s the style you accusative geeber

Attached: C4632C4A-5A67-4F2D-88E3-DD18CD21FDBA.jpg (586x586, 43K)

Attached: 3B2FBB95-F047-4881-967A-5A332BCB4370.jpg (571x571, 40K)

Attached: 1A20AA00-69D5-4962-BB22-A0DD97379663.jpg (610x610, 44K)

Attached: A403594F-AEC4-4844-99EA-B0DF00362FDC.jpg (568x568, 39K)

Why did they replace cream with three Chao

Because she doesn't have her license yet.
...Or more likely because some chart guy probably claimed that she wasn't pandering enough to the intended demographic or some shit, and that cute minionesque creatures were more marketable.

Also there are four Chaos (neutral, angel, evil, robot).

Attached: we are very smart.jpg (500x349, 27K)

Sonic the Movie is already forgiven

BIG

youtu.be/ujmMBPE5jok

Because they're unironically better. Sorry Cream fans.

>An hour and a half of garbage forgiven because of a five minute passable short.
I'll forgive them when they release Sonic Riders 4.

twitter.com/ValechuTheFan/status/1107362048575528964

It's Amy.

Token female of the group who wants to prove some shit.

Cool short. It sucks that this isn't a Sonic R reboot though. That game is criminally underrated

Is this 3D made to look like 2D?

>Ad is more appealing than the product it sells episode

>Boni

Attached: Theme_bg_cha.png (256x256, 47K)

Just confirm Vanilla as a DLC holy shit

Who else is on the "Team Mom"?

90% of Yea Forums really.

Attached: Watch-Dogs-downgrade-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 98K)

BAT

No, it's 2D with 3D mixed in, mostly for the cars.

>Amy bedroom eyes

I don't want to feel the way I'm feeling right now

HEADLIGHTS!

No offense user but fuck you as politely as possible. Cream's too good for this anyway. Hmph

Attached: Cream_collage.jpg (960x1175, 196K)

Maybe that's because THEY DON'T FUCKING DO ANYTHING WITH HER.
Sonic Team has a small island nation's worth of characters they never touch anymore. Cream and her mother are chief among them.

Attached: 1532429368432.gif (225x225, 1.09M)

It really is amazing how much the Sonic characters just not talking improves them. It feels so natural that I wonder why they were ever given voices to begin with.

>Yea Forums hated it
no, /sthg/ hated it. The Yea Forums threads I saw mostly revolved around Bigs and how they were happy he was getting more attention.

Nostalgia, even if they get Sonic Adventure 3 they'd still be unsatisfied and say it ruined what was great about Sonic Adventure 1 and 2

>Cream and her mother are chief among them
ahem

Attached: 1545354418223.png (932x1140, 593K)

Here's the original live thread, see for yourself

amy?

At least Blaze has a plausible excuse being from another dimension.

Amy's bedroom eye game has been on point lately. How gay is sonic to ignore these "fuck me eyes" all day?

Attached: 1406747072222.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

whut. Show me another short with these so-called "jagged paint brush lines," fucko.

Which is disregarded as SEGA sees fit. At this point, they might as well just drop the dimension thing altogether.

Refusing to stick his dick into crazy doesn't make him gay.

>chao sounds at the end are just Sonic Adventure samples

Attached: 1511326150896.png (400x454, 117K)

>hurr durr its supposed to be like that
No it's not you swine. If you ever animated in adobe flash you would know what i'm talking about you faggot.

This literally hasn't been canon since Heroes. Or Battle on GBA actually.

Attached: 1545343639385.gif (500x281, 912K)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with vector art, granddad. It's only when it's tweened shit is when it's bad.

Attached: 1546804510781.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

You're right.
I think she's over sonic by now.

She's sunk her teeth into the cooler sonic.

Attached: 1508173358207.png (372x603, 192K)

I'd actually be fine with this, but I'd prefer shadow.

I love him so much.

Attached: Big 6.jpg (1200x675, 126K)

So co

Attached: 1550259149309.jpg (1747x1259, 829K)

Have Vanilla drive for her then.

I wish she was in a better book, or a series that came out more often at least.

Holy shit motherfucker, I never said there was anything wrong with vector art to begin with. I said Flash's brush tool... you know what never mind...

>its for the West more than Japan. So theres a good possibility they don't try on purpose, because fuck those gaijin piggus.
i always consider stuff like this to be nothing more than conspiracy theories & mental gymnastics.

given japan's corporate culture if sega (or japan as a whole for that) really did hate the franchise they (sega) would've stopped making sonic games and let the franchise die years ago regardless of how popular it is overseas.

I love underages like you that literally don't watch/read old forum documenting this stuff.

They make Sonic because he SELLS retard. They don't care, or really, Sonic Team lost the passion they used to have, but SEGA themselves never cared one way or the other, they just want the money. Otherwise 06 or anything Sonic would never get such short and rushed dev times and let the team make good shit like Mario and the rest of Nintendo's IP gets.

It's like saying EA is a good company because they keep shitting out sport games and care about said "literal ports with DLC as new games" games.

Attached: 1514667417235.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Am I the only one who sees a stark difference in Creams debut (sonic advance 2) and literally every single instance of her?

Her animations are SO much more bubbly and cute and ENERGETIC. why has not a single piece of media not been able to capture that and makes her super timid, with like, the only exception being sonic battle.

You shut your god damn mouth.

You have no idea the pain of having Marine as one of your favorite sonic characters

and the anger of her being upstaged by her own knockoff

>They make Sonic because he SELLS retard.
if it sells than japan doesn't hate it or at the very least not enough to kill the franchise since as i said japan (or most of asia for that matter) doesn't give a shit about what sells internationally.

assuming that you're one of the people replied to that made that argument thanks for shooting your argument in the foot faggot.

How about now?
youtube.com/watch?v=xyuunXb4gCc

Yeah, believe in every shitty rumor and conspiracy theory you hear. Every once in a while you may be even right, so make sure to repeat them as truth to everybody you know!

I didnt know you'd get customization. I wonder if it will be balanced or will there be clearly 'best builds.'

Still no. If Zavok in the previous post wasn't a clear hint, I think that then roster is bad and so is the composition for half of the teams.
I'll buy the soundtrack tho.

Never thought I'd like Big the Cat of all things, but here we are.

?

>How gay is sonic to ignore these "fuck me eyes" all day?
Tails is better

Blessed

Attached: 1504044190523.png (780x764, 428K)

Attached: Amy chases Metal.png (3342x939, 796K)

I wasn't aware of that ship, but honestly I think it makes sense as it would make Amy more bearable as a main character by not lusting after Sonic all the time.

god i wish that were me

>tfw always liked the design of Big because he's a step outside of the Template Sonic Character with a unique look and a personality better suited to silly cartoon antics than melodrama with hedgehogs
>thought his potential was forever hamstrung by giving him a horrible retard voice and saddling him with a gameplay style totally unfit for the game he debuted in
>tfw everyone loves him in this short now

Is Big the Fat finally on the path to redemption?

nice

Attached: thumbs.png (580x499, 355K)

Attached: knock knock.png (801x572, 639K)

Attached: wait.png (598x332, 243K)

Goddamn there needs to be a short focusing on Rouge. Best girl needs more love.

>tfw you're well aware you're probably the only person in the world who legitimately loves Rouge as a character
And yes, I will gladly die on this hill. Fuck you.

Attached: 1440017718579.jpg (216x192, 8K)

is this cracka serious?

Attached: Rouge1.webm (1000x562, 2.82M)

Oh please. You know full well it's popular to hate on her. Even though she's confident, intelligent, and has a compassionate streak that she will never admit to, none of that matters apparently because she's "inappropriate for the series" or "furrybait".

Frankly, I find her to be the most interesting of the cast. She's a professional thief who somehow ended up working as a government spy, has a legit obsession with jewels that borders on some kind of mental disorder, and happens to own a nightclub. She's kind of fascinating, but everyone dismisses her out of hand because she's hot. What a crock of shit.

Attached: mine.jpg (209x231, 8K)

>3d cars
I'm good

Since this is Yea Forums and we're talking about Sonic,i thought this is the best opportunity to post this video in here.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GH7R2PEvzXo

>implying using cel shaded car models is a bad thing

This whole game seems like a step back in content from Transformed.

Sega, half-assing a Sonic game? Surely not!

Hey, I've got the anime for you pal,
youtube.com/watch?v=LhMw1xcxIWM

I was originally on the fence but this short was so entertaining I'm certainly buying the game now.

Yeah, and? Just because some works do it poorly doesn't make the technique inherently bad. Don't be an idiot.

Good direction, piss poor animation.
Hesse understands what makes the franchise work and it's a shame the games don't take notes.

lol, If they acknowledge in game why Cream isn't on the team, I'll forgive them. Just acknowledge her existence. I agree with that Vanilla could've just drove for Cream, mother-daughter pacifist combo, but whatever. I'll check out the game.

Attached: Cream_Cookies.jpg (564x564, 52K)

>Everyone but Sonic Team
The characters are perfectly on point in the games, it's the people in charge of scenario, choreography and dialogue who suck. Most adaptations aren't very good either.

>Archie
>IDW
The main writer for the last decade is exceptionally mediocre, and most of the other Archie stuff was bad.

Every Sonic character straddles the line of simplicity and nuance, allowing them to have massive potential. The problem is this would take attention away from Sonic and Sega is apathetic enough about the brand to begin with.

Sticks a best.

>Shadow cookie smiling
>Blaze cookie frowning
>Cream being nice enough to make one based on Eggman

I actually really appreciate these

>SEGA stupidly considers Cream to be a Sonic X character

I think the only time that ever came up was in regards to Cream making her debut in the comics. There were some legal issues involved given that Cream (who was created for Sonic Heroes, and then later slated to debut in Sonic Advance 2) ended up debuting in Sonic X before anything else so that somehow tied her to the show's original properties for a bit.

Attached: SADXChrisCameo.png (1089x795, 788K)

are there even any frog characters in sonic?

I liked Nami from One Piece as a kid for reasons like this.
Give up now. That archetype is never used well.

I can dream, goddammit!

You say that, but even Sonic himself gets the shaft. They outright refuse to do anything with him too.

Attached: Rouge finds a new bed.jpg (346x294, 24K)

Hence
>Sega is apathetic enough about the brand to begin with.

True. I honestly wonder if Nintendo or someone could like, buy the IP off of Sega. Goodness knows they often seem like they'd rather just be rid of it.

Attached: Rouge vs Jewel Man.jpg (500x462, 68K)

Her characterization in SA2 and Sonic X was actually pretty good characterzation. She actually was more than her looks. But of course, furfaggots ruined her. And SEGA too, because they just built her up to that expectation and dropped all effort into her being a character. At least with the comics she had something, but people need to understand most people that likes these characters from a video game, mostly get their opinion from the video game canon.

She wants it

Attached: Bedroom eyes.png (299x145, 32K)

>Sonic X
I miss Topaz. Fucking rights bullshit.

But yeah, that show even had a decent explanation for her agent status, and developed her and her relationships. But once again, Sonic X comes off like it was written by people who actually gave a shit.

Attached: 1445540591688.jpg (640x480, 81K)

lol, yeah... So much wasted potential. The possibilities.

Attached: sonic_boom_character_what_ifs___Rouge.jpg (1280x1577, 514K)

Froggy and there was one in Boom

This shit looked ridiculous to me even as a kid.

>cereal when haves no milk

>has helped saved the world
>rode extreme gear on deadly as fuck tracks
>B-BUT SHE'S TOO YOUNG

The whole team thing is fucking retarded. Just drop it and add in a bunch characters. If you want a gimmick just rehash the first allstars racing super moves thing.

Attached: R.png (1072x792, 812K)

Could we trust Sega to maintain the idea of Sonic being ‘Cool’ instead of boiling it down to ‘Fun’ like Mario? Quality of Games or not its important not to risk having the series identity disregarded for it.

why are they so perfect

Attached: 1529151104288.png (1264x666, 607K)

>Chao
Holy shit that takes me back to when I played the fuck out of SA2 in 5th grade.

>tfw we're never getting SA3/another Chao-heavy Sonic game

Needs a remake of 1/2 first, THEN they can make a 3 with actual solid foundations.
Who am I kidding they'll probably fuck up the remake too...

They are the purest vidya characters.

Attached: chao dances.gif (330x264, 466K)

At least Sonic Adventure 2 has a good PC port, so you can play with Chao whenever.

Has Shadow EVER smiled in the entire gaming series? Kinda wonder if he actually lacks some facial muscles.

Its rare but it does happen

Attached: ShadowSmiling.gif (534x298, 2.59M)

>Consuming the power of others at your own will, ha! And that's supposed to make you tough?

God I miss when Rouge had a personality.

I distinctly remember him smiling in the intro to the GC port of Adventure 2.

Think I'll still wait for reviews and maybe a sale but this is starting to look alright.

Attached: 1550456524420.png (184x211, 72K)

>none of that matters apparently because she's "inappropriate for the series" or "furrybait".
I don't think anybody has said that in earnest on these boards. Who do you think you share this place with, soccer moms?

Attached: 1551942773619.png (595x793, 601K)

I'll be. He does briefly. Hard to see because his mouth is so damn tiny.

Oh boy, I've been waiting to post this

twitter.com/theSirToasty/status/1106999769296261121

Agreed. Now that they have 100% Sonic characters, they could have gone deep into it. I guess Iizuka wants sealed characters to stay sealed though. Fuck him.

I want them to reboot the adventure series with Sonic Adventure 3 starting a new continuity. Then they to have remake Adventure 2, Adventure 1, and then turn that shit into a quadrilogy with an original title called GO!

Iizuka's reaction is priceless

I just hope he didn't get any ideas from that

Let's be real, Sonic Team could do much worse.

Attached: 1530094694619.gif (500x345, 337K)

>tfw best girl will never be in any of the games

Attached: 1551979054.kircai_whisper_pwyw.png (1200x1186, 393K)

Attached: fucking diapers.png (381x206, 176K)

Why not add in Team Chaotix, have Silver and Blaze with the Chaos and put Cream in team Rose?

To be fair, that's flat out more work for them to do.

>with the Chaos
Plural is just "Chao."

>The worst board on Yea Forums has awful taste about something good
Wow what a surprise

how so? Transformed already perfect its own formula.
Team Sonic Racing look like something new that could bring a new cool idea on the idea (just like what Transformed did back then)

god i wish that were me

?

Attached: Rouge3.webm (1000x562, 2.87M)

>and happens to own a nightclub.
??

Yeah, in Sonic Battle, one of the stages is Club Rouge. Which is a nightclub owned by Rouge. Because I guess she's a an entrepreneur on top of everything else.

Attached: 5c46315df28c7.jpg (649x432, 105K)

Is it really owned by her? I never considered the stages named after the characters to actually be owned by them in Mario Kart.

In this case, yes, the story mode makes it clear that this is her place.

You wouldn't think any of the characters would own cars but here we are.

It probably depends. Most of the places probably aren't actually owned by the namesakes (e.g. Mario Circuit, DK Mountain) and are probably only named after them, but places like Bowser Castle most definitely would be. Mushroom Kingdom definitely has a lot of enterprising koopas and such who'd use the names without caring, and without any copyright/trademark enforcement, it's probably a wild west sort of situation. Heck, the characters might even be paid for it if anybody actually takes Mario Kart lore seriously to flesh it out.
>inb4 deepest lore

No, but the whole site is full of retards who constantly whine about furries.

What kind of club?

Attached: screenshot.2014-11-08 (12).png (1280x800, 843K)

Attached: screenshot.2014-11-08 (13).png (1280x800, 608K)

Attached: screenshot.2014-11-08 (15).png (1280x800, 636K)

Not that user but ah, was unclear on that. Neat.

Because that's too brilliant and simple an idea for Sega to come up with.

Solid roster, though I'm sure we could do better than the 3 on the right in the middle row. A Sonic R callback sure but none of them are very iconic compared to alternatives.

Attached: Team_Rose_Casino.jpg (1280x899, 627K)

He's basically the Kaiba of the series.

Of course it's perfect, it's Eggman we're talking about. Guy could never be taken seriously (except for Lost World and Forces, but we don't talk about that last one)
& KNUCKLES
Based
Fellas at Yea Forums hate everything good, just like Yea Forums and Yea Forums. Although I am surprised that Yea Forums liked something this good
Wait, the nightclub thing isn't fanfic material? What? Proof pretty please
>No other SEGA IPs characters
No duh. It's still good though

Does SEGA even REMEMBER Vanilla's existence?

SEGA HIRE THE MAN WHO MADE THE PIC

>Wait, the nightclub thing isn't fanfic material?
Yeah, in Sonic Battle, the Club Rouge stage isn't called that for nothing.

Oooohhhh...never played Battle, sorry.

Someone should get the rights to Sonic X back

it's a fucking tragedy. She could be a such great character.

It's not so much about getting the rights back, it's that the rights are divided between several different parties. Sega, the animation studio, the distributors... It's a fucking mess.

As well as a damn shame, Sonic X, overall, was a solid show. And I wish Rouge still had her cute girlfriend.

Attached: 1418207243600.jpg (400x400, 164K)

Oh cool. I was just thinking about what she even does with all those gems.

mega butt

She almost certainly has a Scrooge McDuck style gem vault that she swims around in.

>Scout talent that actually DOES like these games
They did exactly this. It resulted in Sonic Mania. It was great. Not sure what point I'm making.

There is literally nothing to her, whatever potential you're seeing is completely imaginary. She only existed to solidify Cream as a child.

Because she can't drive. She'll probably have a cameo regardless.

What conspiracy theories are there about Sega's stupidity?

She's literally just a mom.

That's precisely why she could be a fun character. Seh could be the one character that have literally no super power or special abilities. She is the normal character among "super heroes", that can emphasize the dangers Cream face.

You're reading the admittedly well planned obsfucational excuses of a fetishist.

>clickbait critical video
Nah, no thanks.

Attached: 1551926758679.jpg (608x396, 41K)

Y-you make that sound like it's a bad thing.

Attached: Cream's Drawing.jpg (564x763, 99K)

>obsfucational

Oh, so she'd fulfill the same role as any NPC ever.

except she is a regular character and still have a role.
If you are this obtuse, you could say that Robotnik minions could be replaced by "any npc".

Most of them could be and have been.

>around fun, NEVER RELAX

I'm sorry user, Motobug is a very nice design but it's not sacred text. Unless you mean characters like Snively or Decoe and Bocoe, who got replaced with Orbot and Cubot with nary a drop of quality lost.

I dunno, orbot and cubot are the sterotypical "fat guy and skinny guy that are both thugs" henchmen, whereas Snively was much more unique in comparison.

I too have never heard of Starscream.

>except she is a regular character
Hasn't been relevant since 2006.
Hell, she wasn't even in that game. She hasn't appeared in a playable role since the death of Riders, aka, she was already killed off into spin off game territory, then killed of from even that since Mario and Sonic Olympic games.

Attached: tenor.gif (256x192, 246K)

Discotek is selling DVD sets for the series
4Kids dub only tho

Attached: 1465594405047.jpg (630x420, 51K)