Nu-Simpsons were so afraid of offending the gays that they literally had to right the definition of faggot on screen

nu-Simpsons were so afraid of offending the gays that they literally had to right the definition of faggot on screen

this kills the joke

old Simpsons would have never done this, this is garbage storytelling

youtube.com/watch?v=5AWI_ECKrBc

this is beyond terrible, this is too poor a taste to be true

number one rule is NEVER explain the joke

Attached: Capture.png (631x372, 372K)

Well Tbf, not many people know it also meant a bundle of sticks

so ? let them simmer to death in their own of pus of imbecility

Man you always use that excuse

Stop being a faggot

Have sex.

The majority of people are uneducated? They've never learned about fascism?

Attached: duPJo.jpg (639x479, 136K)

It's actually even funnier if you were aware of the old meaning and realised some people needed that shit explained.

I don't think that's true at all, I remember being in middle school and people throwing that fact around while giggling. Same thing with fag meaning cigarette, it's not really obscure knowledge.

I knew that fag meant cigarette, but I didn't know that faggot meant a bundle of sticks. probably because I'm just a barely legal zoomer

Attached: zoom zoom.gif (652x562, 392K)

Christ, you're a newbundleofsticks.

I'd love it if there was a show or something out there that tried to be offensive as hell and if people complained they were just "Too bad, it's your fault for being so sensitive!" People are so fucking sensitive these days, they need to get a fucking grip.

That has nothing to do with your age and the fact that you felt the need to bring it up shows just how meme-addled your brain is.

Just put Drawn Together on repeat. Spanky Ham (a pig) is muslim, jew jokes a plenty, race jokes are even more bountiful, Toot is a walking fat joke, Captain Hero is /d/ and Yea Forums in one character, etc.

Martin is a good shota...right, Yea Forums?

Yes, loved Drawn Together! And they cancelled it right as it was getting good too, when they were throwing away the "Reality Show" concept and just letting the characters bounce off each other. I wish it lasted a few more episodes.

I'm just glad we got as much as we did. It was a good show with a decent movie. It's a gem from an era that lasted a short while and may never return.

That has more to do with today's hypersensitive environment so they had to cover their asses

Remember how a senator or whoever caused a shitstorm by using "niggardly"?

Wow user you're right, you completely understand how comedy works. How many comedy shows have you written for again?
also this

I think these are more cases of people being ignorant of etymology and old words and phrases than hypersensitivity as such.

It's both

as much as I hate Nu-simpson I think the joke is supposed to be that Martin said they would be as strong as a faggot, which the definition states are used for fuel, which means their only purpose is to burn.

The biggest unironical NPC response of this thread.

OP is a bundle of wooden sticks

Attached: op book.jpg (642x1443, 88K)

Have sex

is that not literally what I said

With a generation graced with instant access to the internet without being unable to open a dictionary. This upsets me.

>this kills the joke
That IS the joke.

Also, this episode is well over a decade old. Not "nu"

it's nu

We need a new South Park, basically.
The problem is that the current creators of the Simpsons and South Park are more than happy to bring in a paycheck and are old boomers with families of their own. We need young blood who is angry at society to start creating the next generation of cartoons and pissing on the moral police.
I think that will come pretty soon, IMO.

Wasn’t this part of many jokes which implied Martin was a closeted faggot? I mean in the most recent future themed episodes he came out as a tranny.

we all know new simpsons is bad. It's been bad for twenty years.

What a bunch of city slickers

Attached: 1520328614948s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Remember when the entire country got in an uproar because a senator used the phrase 'monkey up' to refer to a policy?
Basically we've become the equivalent of the Christian fundies of yesteryear. Too stupid to look at something objectively and only look at the next thing to get outraged at.

>completely and utterly missing the joke

Are you autistic?

Just watch MillionDollarExtreme you cartoon watching pussies.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 112K)

It completes the joke, you nigger

>number one rule is NEVER explain the joke

They've been doing that since season twelve, quite literally. See Tennis the Menace.

>Also, this episode is well over a decade old. Not "nu"
I've seen this episode before and I don't remember the definition showing up on screen. Was it always there and I'm just retarded?

it was always there, yeah

I always took it as part of the joke.

>Yea Forums searches so desperately for something to be offended by that they couldn't tell that that was the fucking joke

are yo people being dumb on urpose?

sneed

Attached: tvshitpost.jpg (680x431, 77K)

No, it makes the joke. The funny part is that we're living in a society where the meaning of words has to be re-explained every 15 minutes.

Have sex

You sound like such a pussy for this

Attached: 1dab51f96c324bea8e4cbe9e01c82c6e.jpg (460x696, 53K)

everyone learns that faggot is a bundle of sticks in elementary school
it's common knowledge

>not many people know it also meant a bundle of sticks

Many people are fucking illiterate morons with a thin skin.

nu-Simpsons has to explain fucking everything; they weren't just avoiding being offensive
>Vladimir Putin, President of Russia?!

>9g*g

plunge in a pit of acid

Taking advantage of Simpsons thread, I was watching Who Shot Mr. Burns the other day and I don't understand why Oogling ladies in Sears catalogue is worse than Victoria Secret catalogue.

Are you unfamiliar with what those two stores specialize in?

I never got this as offensive. Just as "People don't know what this word actually means".

Which in and of itself falters when literally every other joke made in recent years has to either be explained or dumbed down because the writers are complete shit at their jobs.

I'm not entirely sure.

Victoria Secret is underwear, I'm pretty sure of it. I think Sears is just regular clothes? Does it make oggling models from there more pathetic?

>Maxresdefault
Go to bed.

Yes, that's the joke.

I suspected as much, but thought that there might be something else to it, because it didn't quite make sense that one is worse than the other.

they explain all their jokes now

They did that so that the censors would let them say faggot on tv. When the episode went out they were competing with shows like Family Guy and South Park for notoriety, because that drives viewership and merchandise sales. The context of having Martin Prince say it is that he is kind of fruity himself, but he's the "straight man" in this skit, because he uses the word even though he probably should know that it has a secondary meaning, so *you* know the *show* knows that *you* know what they mean by using it. That part is unspoken; it's implicit to the joke (which you're right, isn't funny), not explicit. The definition which flashes up doesn't explain the joke; it's part of the setup.

Fifteen seasons earlier, the fifth episode of season 3 not only repeatedly hammered home the "Homer Defined" pun of the title with actual shots of Homer's face in a dictionary, it also had the following exchange:

>Smithers: I took Hercules out to be clipped.

>Mr Burns: Who the devil is Hercules?

>Smithers: He's my Yorkshire Terrier, Sir. He's kind of tiny, so.. You know, it's a joke.

So not only is your statement factually incorrect, the worst kind of incorrect, but you yourself are the faggot, OP.

Attached: 1301490.jpg (640x480, 53K)

Well shit

If you cater to retards, they'll act like the world belongs to them.

Isn't a faggot also a cigarette in Britain?

usually just "fag"