Why does everyone on Yea Forums refer to comic book characters by their real names instead of their superhero names...

Why does everyone on Yea Forums refer to comic book characters by their real names instead of their superhero names except for some rare exceptions like Captain America who everyone just calls Cap and characters whose real names are their superhero names like Doctor Strange?

Attached: 1473968661704.jpg (580x350, 35K)

I usually call Superman Superman, and Spider-Man Spiderman. Fuck off, Peter, I'm not hyphenating every time. Same with Magneto, Cyclops, Storm, Iron Man, Hulk, Hawkeye, Daredevil, Batman, Flash, Wondie, etc. Only supers I often call by their names are Wade, Reed, and your assorted Lanterns Green.

It's pretty common for hero names to transfer between characters

It's easier, especially with long names, and not an issue if a character changes their code name.

Because everyone knows superhero's alias, even normalfags. Knowing him by name is all another level of affiliation.

It reinforces their delusions if you call them by their alter ego

Attached: 1552208124138.jpg (573x654, 190K)

Gee I wonder what your post is actually a proxy for.

What? You don't believe me?

Attached: RCO007.jpg (1041x1600, 404K)

Attached: 1529264037622.png (485x717, 543K)

A lot of mantles get reused. If I say "robin" without context where I could only be talking about one person then it might get confusing, but if I say "damian" then there's no real confusion there for a batman or robin thread

Not so much now that even the movies use the real names more often than the superhero names. I can't even remember the last time they called Wanda "Scarlet Witch."

People usually say Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Flash, Hulk, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, etc. I don't see nearly as many people saying Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Bruce Banner, Hal Jordan or whatever unless they are specifically trying to call out a character in the event there are multiple in the discussion.

IE: Talking about Bruce Banner internally fighting the Hulk. Or Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart.

People definitely call the lanterns by their names, because saying "Green Lantern" is more complicated.

Also, his name is John Stewart. Jon Stewart is a comedian.

To be fair, so is John.

I really like that Robin character.
I like this new Flash stuff I'm reading.
Green Lantern is the best.

Now, tell me which characters I'm talking about OP.

Do britbongs call spider man spider min?

YOirntalking aboutnrivin robin, flash and teen lantern you fuckignididor

No, New Zealanders do though.

These fictional characters are the only friends some people here have.

you put the hyphen in and you like it, the man gets his ass beat daily for your safety and entertainment the least you can do is spell it properly

This is sadly true. Referring to a character by their first name makes it feel like you know them personally.

This is just plain silly.

Aw man, I just had another idea for the four words, but I can't post it. I'd get moderated.