Captain Marvel Idungeddit thread

So I saw the movie the other day and I'm not really familiar with the character or the kree/skrull war except in passing from other movies/cartoons/comics I have seen over the years so could somebody explain why...
>Why are the Kree and Skrulls which are both galaxy spanning empires fighting over a "lightspeed engine" am I to believe they can't move at FTL speeds?
>Aren't the Kree and Skrull supposed to be evenly matched? Why were the Skrulls in the movie losing so bad?
>Aren't Carol's powers usually energy absorption or something? Are her MCU powers just power cosmic?
>If MCU Carol's powers are derived from the cosmic cube/mind stone does that mean they are limited? or is she functionally a second cosmic cube now?
>Aren't the Skrulls usually just as much of dicks as the Kree?

Attached: 995796199eb24531c56cbdbcbf30f0c1.jpg (324x600, 41K)

Also
>If Carol is 30 something in this movie which is set in the 90's does that mean she'll be in her sixties in Avengers? Is she immortal or something?

you either have a shit attention span or you didn't see the movie.

half you questions are things that didn't happen in the movie.

She’s got Kree DNA.

If they didn't happen in the movie what would having a better attention span accomplish?

>>Why are the Kree and Skrulls which are both galaxy spanning empires fighting over a "lightspeed engine" am I to believe they can't move at FTL speeds?
This confused me too. I thought it was established in Guardians 2 that ships used jumping for FTL travel.

Both Skrulls and Kree can end up being dicks or not in the comics. The Skrull have to lose to seem like victims since they are squarely in the right in the movie.
It's impossible to really gauge the limit to MCU Carol's powers at this point.
>half you questions are things that didn't happen in the movie.
OP seems to mostly be asking questions based on lack of information (mostly regarding comic counterparts), so yeah that would make sense.

Also very important
Since they established Monica as a character and endgame is set almost thirty years after captain marvel does that mean there is hope for a Nextwave movie?

I got the impression it was just Talos and his family and friends that were trying to escape the war
presumably there will be (possibly evil) Super Skrulls in future movies

I recall him claiming there were only a few thousand skrulls left

Why the hell did you think they put in that annoying kid if not for sequel setup?

But is it specifically for a Nextwave movie?
Otherwise I don't care

So they were not looking for FTL in this film at all or do you have no real answer to his question?

A lightspeed engine would let the skrulls escape to places far from jumppoints where the Kree can't get to them.

Yes but WHY were such technology advance races still searching for Light Speed If they spread thru galaxies How did they fly from planet to planet Warp/Jump/Worm holes would be quicker and seems to be in use already

His daughter is literally the Skrull Empress. Evil Skrulls are coming

>Why are the Kree and Skrulls which are both galaxy spanning empires fighting over a "lightspeed engine" am I to believe they can't move at FTL speeds?

My understanding is that they are limited to how they can make their portal jumps - based on the presence of wormholes/portals, which have to be located. A lightspeed engine could solve that problem

>Aren't the Kree and Skrull supposed to be evenly matched? Why were the Skrulls in the movie losing so bad?

The Skrulls are technologically inferior but have the benefit of deception and infiltration. The Kree cannot wipe them out fully, but the Skrulls aren't able to defeat the Kree either.

>Aren't Carol's powers usually energy absorption or something?

Thats the comics

>Are her MCU powers just power cosmic?

Looks like it.

>If MCU Carol's powers are derived from the cosmic cube/mind stone does that mean they are limited? or is she functionally a second cosmic cube now?

If she's a second cosmic cube she'd be making shit. Then again we have not see all her abilities yet.

>Aren't the Skrulls usually just as much of dicks as the Kree?
Pretty much

~

Also I wish Brie wore the damn leotard. I don't mind calling her "Captain Marvel", but I fucking loved that leotard.

Because jump points are limited, and a lightspeed engine is not.

This is demonstrated in the movie. When Carol calls Starforce from Earth, they're I-don't-remember-how-many hours from the nearest jump point, which is why they take a day or two to arrive. Also in Guardians 2, where Rocket & co almost tear themselves apart when their route requires them to go through a ton of jump points in quick succession.

Being able to travel from any point in the universe to any other at high speed is clearly game-changing technology. Not to mention the potentially insane advantage it could give in combat situations.

Why the fuck do people think Nextwave would make a good movie? Have you fuckwits ever actually read Nextwave? The whole point is that it's as absurd as you can get, taking all the elements and stereotypes of the genre and ramping them up to 11 with no rhyme or reason. You literally can't make a movie out of it.

I think the problem is that calling it a lightspeed engine is a real misnomer and they never clarify how fast it can actually go and thus why would it would be advantageous over the current system.

Why not?
Just let some madman direct and fill the movie to the brim with whatever batshit things they can think of.