Do you ever get the feelin' you only like the Comedy Central seasons 'cause you're supposed to?

Do you ever get the feelin' you only like the Comedy Central seasons 'cause you're supposed to?

Attached: 7049B4BB-E7FE-4B05-92AC-F6688CD6A3E2.jpg (1442x1081, 234K)

They have their moments, a lot more misses than the older seasons though.

Are you supposed too? I thought common opinion is that everything post Devils Hands are Idle playthings is worse.

I stopped watching after the first CC episode. The bits I've seen since told me I made the right decision.

The first two movies are good

Maybe, but you ARE supposed to. Consider what would happen if people didn't like revivals. New episodes wouldn't be made, and that's kind of important for the future of animated shows.

I probably dislike Comedy Central seasons more than the average person. The Late Phillip J Fry and Game of Tones are both vastly overrated.

those movies made me hate bender as a character.

>more episodes
>more misses
What a conundrum

Maybe you should take things less seriously.

maybe they should be more consistent with their charicterisation and not just have everyone spout their funny lines and go away again.

What comedy central did to the original seasons of Futurama is shameful. It's filled with horrible artifacting and so much editing that it even changes the ending one of the episodes.

>Fox Seasons
>Thoughtful provoking stories that have great humor

>Comedy Central Seasons
>What if the entire cast was in every episode in every scene all the time always and they all made loud noises

that's probably why the episodes that focused on 1-3 characters were better received

Yeah that’s one thing I noticed about the Comedy Central seasons. In the Fox/adult swim seasons, it was mostly Fry, Leela and Bender on missions with the other characters showing up when the plot needed them to. In the CC seasons, every character showed up for every mission and it was weird

personally I blame the lack of network censors, you let comedians/writers off their leash and they don't know wtf to do with themselves since they no longer have to make clever jokes they just make crap.

As I grow older I’ve found I like Amy more than Leela.

>everything reminds me of enis
>looks at picture of mushroom cloud

I miss this show's jokes

this, dubs of truth

Amy and Leela are probably the most realistic depiction of women in relationships in a cartoon.

>Think you're below average so you aim for the mediocre girls and they always reject you because they have stupid standards and have a chip on their shoulder

>ugly and you know it but ask the hot girl out anyway and they say yes because everyone else is to chicken shit to ask them out and they're actually nice people

No, I don't like the CC seasons because they were retarded. You can pin point when Futurama went bad after Bender's Big Score. I assume there was a personnel change in the writing department.

Is still better than zombie simpsons.

Not exactly a high bar to climb

I view CC-era Futurama similarly to TBS-era American Dad. Mediocre-at-best cartoon, a soulless shell of it's former self.

WHAT?!

Attached: fry roswell (3).jpg (1280x720, 68K)

They just aren't that funny, but I do like the neat little animation sequences and their less-apologetic math jokes.

the later seasons were bad about that, everyone was randomly dumb/cynical as needed to advance the plot

Attached: 8d9.jpg (600x496, 75K)

Honestly the worst part of the CC seasons wasn't even the humor. Every other episode they were trying to recapture the magic of Jurassic Bark and the show got oversaturated with emotional moments. By the time Game of Tones aired I was just tired of all the tearbait.

The first movie is good and if it'd ended about 60 seconds sooner instead of setting up for a sequel it'd have been great.

The second one is... okay. The third and fourth are dogshit.

Though Amy was a fat chick until basically just before the series started, so she also probably had self-esteem issues.

true but being fat also didn't give her a personality

thats because she was rich. rich people are never forced to grow a personality because they can just pay people to like them

The Comedy Central run had some good episodes
>The prisoner of Benda
>Free Will Hunting
>Murder on the Planet Express
>The Inhuman Torch
>Near Death Wish
it kinda got better as it went but was hit or miss throughout. It didn't need to come back... but it was okay.

I have never watched anything newer than the movies, and I don't intend to.

>Game of Tones (...) vastly overrated.
THANK YOU
It's like they woke up one day late in the production cycle of the last season and realized
"Oh shit, we forgot to make a sad episode about the mom!"

I thought it was effective enough. I thought the "emotional" episode about his dad was really damned forced. "I'm tough on you but I love you" it's just so cliche.

thats what happens when they run out of ideas/dont know how to write the characters. Joke secondary characters start showing up more and more

>comedy central isn't comedic
>MTV doesn't have a thing to do with music
>TLC has had nothing to do with learning for the better part of a decade.
TV as we know it is dead. In 30 years tops everything will be streamed and cable TV will just be a streaming service along side everything else.

Attached: 1494897736571.gif (388x394, 780K)

They can both be shit, I'll allow it.

How else will people watch their crap if there isn't some sort of "drama". Like the famous ice road truckers.

The problem with Bender Comedy Central's edition is that he is basically Cartman instead of Bender.

my memory may be betraying me, but wasnt it because they were written mostly by the separate writers? old futurama used the simpsons method where they would sit in a writers room and throw jokes at each other. I'd heard money and time limitations meant they couldnt do that for every episode in the cc seasons. I dont remember as many table readings extras on the dvds either, which supports the time and money thing.

What happened on that show?

The first CC season had a lot of bad episodes. The next few seasons tended to be better.

What?

Attached: 54707413-08D9-452A-A02A-C508177A8917.gif (347x277, 1.67M)

hilariously timed

That and the weird anthology episodes that didn't even have a framing device like the What-If machine.

I thought everyone was exaggerating about the drop in quality in the cc seasons but it was really apparent on a back to back rewatch

The first season back was garbage. The one after that was alright.

Was free will hunting the one were you find out Hermès inspected bender? I always thought that one felt so hollow like it was desperate to ape the late Philip j fry episode

where I put it too. I think tbs-era american is kind of overrated here, not bad by any means and a hell of a lot better than modern family guy by any measure, but just weaker in general. A lot of the main cast aren't at all like they used to be and the original humor dried up. They way they took it isn't that bad and it's a wonder they still seem like they have fun with it but it's so far departed from what it was.
and hip hop steve was never funny

They drove trucks in Alaska and Canada on roads typically covered in ice. It was a whole TV show about that concept. I think afterward they started showing stories of truckers around the world in other dangerous conditions.

No, liked a lot of the episode. It's just the first half of season 6 was the weakest part of futurama.

>I stopped watching after the first CC episode.
Keep watching them as stated there Only the first half of season 6 is weak.

I liked that show.

While the overall product went way worse there was still some gold in it. Like Naturama and the saturday morning cartoon episode.

I remember loving the first movie when it came out, but I would probably like it less if I re-watched it.

>Let's reference every little thing we did on the show, but restart Fry and Leela's relationship to 0 for the millionth time

I will say the twist was actually clever, just because no Futurama fan would find Billy West voicing an additional character suspicious.

Millenials, who do not have the capability to think for themselves, might. The older ones aren't manipulated like that.

as you mature your tastes improve. Amy is top tier.
>rich
>asian
>pink
>sexy
>confident
>science smart
>kinda dopey
>two eyes

she really is the full package.

Attached: cast_futurama_amywong_0.jpg (479x240, 16K)

if he was gay then how did he get a son?

read this in bender's voice

He didn't. Fry is his own grandfather. Did you even watch the series?

What's the name for that? Brand rot? With maybe some Flanderization?

I legit enjoy the da Vinci one too. It's fucking stupid, but it's got some fun lines in there.
That's Lethal Inspection. Free Will Hunting's the one where Bender finds out robots don't have free will and shoots the Professor

maybe you didn't bite his shiny metal ass hard enough

don't forget cute short hair

She’s also kind of a dumb slut. I still generally prefer her to Leela.
Leela is fine, except in episodes where she tries to be the voice of reason/team mom... which is most of them. In episodes in which she actually gets in on the shenanigans, she’s fine.

Eh I like the twist in The Late Phillip J Fry and feel it’s emotional punch works well because it’s pretty out of left field but doesn’t seem forced.