What the fuck, why would anyone need any other gem besides the reality gem?

What the fuck, why would anyone need any other gem besides the reality gem?

With it you can literally do all of the other gems powers.

Attached: AE4A1664-675A-471E-B72A-538A50072EA7.jpg (1951x621, 299K)

Because when it's written well, you can't do anything with just one of the stones. They're metaphors for the desire for life.

You can't use the reality stone to change reality, just to contemplate what reality might be. You need the Power stone to change it. Contrariwise, power with no purpose accomplishes nothing.

the reality gem does everything they do, but shittier. It could slowdown time all it wants, but i'd bet it couldnt bring time to a timeless realm.

Reality by itself just creates elaborate illusions with real tangible substance. Like temporary pockets of alternate reality that go back to normal the second you're not concentrating on making the alteration stick.

It would be a neat diversion, but nothing like what you're imagining without the power, time, and soul stones at least. And without mind you'd likely fuck it up because you wouldn't be able to visualize and comprehend every minute detail of what you're trying to change.

Sort of like this but not nearly so limited. They're far from being that useless on their own in any story I've read. Very far.

In the original Thano's Quest run we are told that using the reality Gem takes a lot of mental prowess and can kill you by itself. The Collector just thought he had a worthless but rare stone, it wasn't till Thanos tap into it with the power stone that he could show The Collector what he just gave away.

Attached: RCO020_1466228944.jpg (1041x1600, 651K)

Guys you can use it to do anything it just takes a lot of power, here Thano's bring CM back from the dead

Attached: RCO040.jpg (1024x1600, 530K)

Attached: RCO041.jpg (1024x1600, 548K)

>this is the kind of dialogue and art that boomers will call "classic"

>all he can add to a thread is off topic shitposting
You could at least try OP, you could at least try.

Attached: 1531281529700.jpg (640x480, 61K)

>easisly grasped
Oh no.

The reality gem requires great power and if you have enough cosmic power to use it, you already outstrip it's individual capabilities without the power gem. The whole point is that the gems are individually worthless to the major powers and Thanos was the first to realize they could be used in concert to become all powerful.

>worthless
well they weren't worthless to all of them. Runner, Champion and The Gardener all augmented their talents on top of what they had, it's assumed their natural talents help them use the stones powers subconsciously. Same with the Infinity watch, they used the stones all the time in that run. Reality Gem is just a tall order because you need to be very mentally strong and likely mad/near mad to unlock it's power.

I don't see CM giving this kind of speech to Thanos in Endgame.

>The whole point is that the gems are individually worthless to the major powers
Their was 42 issues of a god damn team using 5 of them all the time.

Attached: watiw 2.jpg (1000x1568, 484K)

>itt zoomers talk shit instead of reading 2 minutes of a wiki page

Because Mar-Vell was based, don't compare her with Carol.

The infinity stones piss me off because they are like a bad superhero itself: powerset all over the place and what powers it does have seem really undefined and static.
You're not even working with a full rainbow.

They stayed consistent until post Onslaught but the wheels were coming off bad for everything by that point thanks to the effects of the crash

Before then it took you to either having affinity with them (ie: a telepath could use the mind stone to a decent level) and even then you risked being hurt/effected by them, Adam Warlock got himself trapped in the Soul Stone a few times because of that. Now come the late 90s early 200s yeah it got so all over the place it wasn't funny.

whoops trail off there. If not having an affinity to them the other out come was a large amount of raw force of will like Adam or Thanos, but it was never really defined beyond having a amazingly strong will

In the MCU the reality stone can alter reality only as long as the bearer concentrates on it. This is why Thanos' effects Drax and Mantis only lasted until he left, he needs the other stones to make the changes permanent. I'm not sure if the comics version of the mind stone has the same limitation.

did they ever explain why the gems became stones in the comics and why their colors changed to match the mcu? I mean I know its a minor thing that probably never was brought up but I was hoping it did

Because it’s really dangerous to use it without the mind gem to focus your thoughts, otherwise you could accidentally erase yourself with one stray thought.

Meanwhile The Red Hood.

After the gems broke they came back into existence because they are an inherent part of the force they control. They came back in their base form of uncarved stones