Fox Exec states Disney deal is hurting Dark Phoenix

>"We know when we are dropping a trailer, but we are nowhere near where we should be at this time," a marketing exec told Vanity Fair. "It’s frightening. I would be mad if I were a filmmaker."
>"What’s not normal is the elephant in the room, which is that most people there are not going to be the people that are still in the job when the movie opens," said another source at the meeting.
>"Nobody has come around and said, 'This is what’s going on.' Why can’t they just tell us that there is no place for us? Why can’t they let anyone know?" added the marketing executive. "We are not leaving because we didn’t make money for the company or we did a bad job. We are leaving because of pure capitalism."
>"I haven’t had formal talks with Disney. I know [Marvel Studios President] Kevin Feige very well. But we haven’t had formal talks because until the merger is official, they’re not allowed to have those kinds of conversations with the folks at Fox or myself," Kinberg previously said to EW. "What’s interesting is obviously I started this movie long before Disney purchased Fox, and I approached the movie knowing that it was the fourth movie with our First Class cast and that the Phoenix story for me is the ultimate X-Men story."
comicbook.com/marvel/2019/03/15/fox-exec-says-disney-deal-hurting-x-men-dark-phoenix/

Attached: dark_phoenix_DarkPhoenix_OneSheet2_rgb.jpg (1400x1400, 409K)

Being a shite film that desecrates a great story is what hurts this movie.

>Fox exec states why Fox ended up in a position here they could be bought out.

>make shitty movie
>everyone knows its shit
>"remake" of X3
>reshoots all over

Here come the excuses.

>Fox Exec states Disney deal is hurting Dark Phoenix
Making a bunch of shit films with an unlikable cast is what's killing Dark Phoenix

They have a release date, don't they? June 7th. They have a partially-finished movie to use scenes from to make trailers. Not sure why anything is really changed for them, or why you would quit before the merger, to see if you can be retained. If people are not responding to the ads for Dark Phoenix, I doubt it has much to do with the ad people failing, nobody wants to see a remake of X-Men: The Last Stand. People don't care about this franchise under this studio anymore.

>We are not leaving because we didn’t make money for the company or we did a bad job
How much did X-Men : Apocalypse make? Less then every modern Marvel movie and every single DCEU film, right? When you have the X-Men there's no excuse for such failure

Just release it on Netflix

Even if Fox is shit, let's not forget that some changes were made because of Disney... don't forget that, for some reason, this movie originally had Skrulls.

Why is that Disney's fault? If you told me you put skulls in the dark Phoenix saga my first reactions would be "why the fuck" and "no"

Well... maybe the movie with Skrulls, although not faithful to comics, had more sense within the Fox-Men universe and all the reshoots and changes ruined the movie even more.

The only reason they replaced the Skrulls was because Captain Marvel.

L O L
O
L

Attached: 1552776514563.jpg (2896x2896, 805K)

Yeah capitalism is a monster bitch goddess who will chew you up and spit you out and not even think about it. Glad you woke up about it

Attached: comics break hearts.jpg (600x859, 580K)

Look I'm not going to deny that it sucks when a bigger corporation buys your job out, especially Disney, but let's remind ourselves that FOX was fucked even before this deal was taking place. These are the same assholes who cranked out Fant4stic and Apocalypse.

X-Men vs Apocalypse in the hands of a talented crew would've been a billion-dollar money making machine. When mediocre product like Black Panther can pull billion dollar returns but Apocalypse only makes 150mil... there is no other conclusion to reach then your being a complete failure.

Shit, I didn't realize it did that bad at the box office. Superhero movies do not do that low of sales these days, they just dont. Ant-Man made more money. MFing Ant-Man.

Reshoots by different teams always make things worse

>We are not leaving because we didn’t make money for the company or we did a bad job
Are you sure? Cause last time I checked Dark Phoenix is reportedly going overbudget for reshoots and it looks Last Stand tier.

>unlikable cast
Is it just Sophie Turner for you? The young Prof X and Magneto are fucking great and I've liked most of the young characters from First Class and DOFP.

> post yfw feige drops kinberg and his hackery off at the curb

Attached: 1450338299361.png (800x800, 148K)

Who's more of a hack Yea Forums, Simon Kinberg or the Amy Pascal/Avi Arad duo?

>We are not leaving because we didn’t make money for the company or we did a bad job. We are leaving because of pure capitalism
I really can't fucking stand the new age psuedointellectualist way people have been trying to demonize capitalism, and this dumbass sentance really lays it all out. If you hate capitalism then in what fucking universe would it be better to be fired for not making the company money? It's like capitalism as an economic system has been so demonized that people have forgotten what it even the fuck is. "Hurr durr if only we could have been fire based on a cost/benefit analysis of our work performance as a measure of personal merit in the name of profit, but nooooo we were fired for CAPITALISM which is just so EVIL" fuck off you fucking hipster shitstain.

>I-it's not our fault if the movie is shit! Honest!

What's freaky is whatshername (I'm shit at following the news since its all trash) is trying to, essentially, make a communist market in the US because she thinks companies like Google and Amazon make things "unfair" for other businesses. Bitch, do you not get how this shit works? Why should a business suffer if it's doing well? I know monopolies are scary and a valid concern in some respects, like how well Disney is doing, but on the other hand it's just good business.

Imagine being so butthurt that in the reshoots you slap in a "Mutant Containment Unit" out of nowhere just so you can have the X-Men beat up dudes with MCU written on their uniforms.

Avi Arad when left to his own devices is worst

Absolutely none of this is related to what I just said, keep your /pol/ rants to yourself.

>those leaked emails from the Sony Pictures hack that showed that Josh Trank was approached at one stage by Amy Pascal to helm a Venom spinoff
>Trank said he was only interested if he had complete assurance that Avi Arad wouldn't be involved

Hilarious.

What the fuck is even the issue. It says right there the (obvious) reasons decisions about their future can't be finalized now but still goes "wuah? I dun gettit". Fuck's sake the movie has been in late stages of development for 3 fucking years and we all know it's going to be mediocre anyway, how much time do you need?
I understand losing your job can be a scary prospect but this is a whole bunch of nothing.

The leaked Sony Pictures emails are a fucking gift.
>that email chain where Pascal is crying to Sam Raimi about how the Amazing Spider-Man movies are fucked

You're forgetting the huge shadow JLaw casts over these movies.

I sorry was that /pol/? I honestly never go there.

Can Tom Rothman get in on that action?

Oh just fuck off already.

Look man I really do apologize if I pressed any buttons

Nobody gives a shit

Good. The Jeanix has ruined pretty much everything she's ever touched, so another fucking movie around her can only be just as bad.

link pls.

Well then fuck you for getting offended over nothing

Because everyone who thinks you're a fucking idiot must be offended, right you retard. Fuck off already.

go fuck yourself,

What the fuck is your problem?

Yeah stay mad over fucking nothing, retard.

t. scott

>added the marketing executive. "We are not leaving because we didn’t make money for the company or we did a bad job. We are leaving because of pure capitalism."

Attached: 1551181570714.png (455x479, 346K)

This kill the Dark Phoenix Saga for at least 20 years, I suppose the Phoenix too, maybe even Jean Grey and Cyclops for the first movies. Days of Future Past isn't going to happen soon neither...

This

Children, children please. You're both retarded. Now eat your tendies and go to bed

What are you talking about? Disney remakes or something?

Has Marvel ever done a cast photo for an entire universe pre-emptively like this? For Iron man? There was the 10th anniversary thing which was actually cool.

Kinberg has his tentacles deep in Hollywood. He even slithered his way into Star Wars of all things. Need a Ratner or Singer miracle to kill the cancer.

You're retarded if you ever believed that capitalism was fair or a meritocracy. It's not an intellectual or moral system or designed for efficiency or any of that other shit, it's just one of many economic models people have stumbled on, and people do dumb shit. Capitalism is made of people and people hire people who lose them money and fire people who make them money because of feelings all the fucking time, people are fucking stupid. Making up a fairy tale about how some random system that sprung up is supposed to "work" is bullshit. It's not evil, that's like saying the weather is "evil," or that the weather is "good" and "works," it's just a thing that happens and is. Likewise, the people being interviewed are idiots. Mergers are never about rewarding good workers or punishing bad workers, just consolidating power and profit. That's dumb shit to think anyone cares what people "deserve," how much money they make, or how competent they are. You can make a lot of money personally by dragging companies down into the mud and burning them to dust plenty of times.

They missed a dialation and lost some depth

You clearly gave a shit.

>Need a Ratner or Singer miracle
What... what does that imply? Him getting exposed as a rapist, too? Stop making money with his shit? What is it, user?

Made even more hilarious in that she shat on Raimi in an earlier email

Yes only some scandal will kill him. Guy is too powerful. He'll probably become a producer for Fox's franchises at Disney. But think Feige can at least keep him away from the Marvel stuff.