So I'm watching Ant Man and The Wasp for the first time (just never go around to seeing it I suppose) and I think it's...

So I'm watching Ant Man and The Wasp for the first time (just never go around to seeing it I suppose) and I think it's pretty good. Why didn't Yea Forums care for it again? I think the problem was being sandwiched between the Infinity War installments. I'm open to hearing why some anons didn't care for it. I do hope Wasp and some of the other snapped heroes get a shot at Thanos.

Attached: The Wasp MCU.jpg (2048x1716, 706K)

I cared for it, I also really liked Ghost as a character. The movie had super low stakes which is why it isn't talked about as much but that was kinda refreshing to see

With how youtube critics bashed it, I was surprised at how fun it was. It's a very charming and fun film that knew it didn't need to go into super massive stakes. I legit don't get the hate for this film or GOTG 2 for that matter.

>youtube critics
That's your first mistake. Really I can't trust anyone's opinion anymore, be they "professional" or some faggot on youtube. Be a sane person, hear the general buzz, then make your own decisions

I was turned off GotG2 because that Jeremy Jahns guy gave it a "watch if you're drunk" while giving Suicide Squad "awesometacular" so i expected GotG2 to be shit, I was wrong since it was better than the first one...It had some crap jokes but good character interactions and the saddest MCU death. So I don't really pay attention to the critics anymore

I enjoyed it, and thought it was an improvement over Ant-Man. Ghost has really unintentionally sexy design, and her personality is pretty unique when it comes to MCU antagonists. But I guess the plot was didn't really go anywhere.

Seems like a bit of BS that Pym's a fugitive because of what Scott did with his tech. You'd think Stark wouldn't have allowed something like that to pass in the Sokovia Accords considering the likelihood that he'd have to forfeit all of his own technology to the government.

It was just too hard to take seriously in the wake of Infinity War

-Too much humor.
-Bad adaptation of Ghost.

I think it's good. Liked it better than all the other phase 3 ones, including Infinity War.

>giving Suicide Squad "awesometacular"
What the fuck, glad I don't watch that faggot anymore

>or GOTG 2 for that matter.
It was better than the first movie. Fuck that overrated piece of shit.

I liked it. My only real nitpick was that they made Janet a scientist, which is super lazy,

don't listen to Yea Forums

Yea Forums should be a place where everyone likes something shitty, so everything kinda gets a pass
there are so many shitty, beloved things out there

But no, we have too many crossposters who come in from other boards after having watched 1 marvel movie and say "I have an opinion you should listen to" and shit on you if you disagree

don't listen to Yea Forums
Antman + the Wasp was fine, I enjoyed it too, but always form your own opinions

its Yea Forums that hates the mcu with a passion because of it belonging to disney, Yea Forums has a fair share of people who like it

He did say he regretted it a ton and wishes he could undo it later...Which really says a lot for these critics

Considering the bad track record the MCU has with sequels, Ant Man and The Wasp was honestly above a few others don't you think? I mean think about it
>Iron Man 2
>Thor 2
>GOTG2
I think the only good one was Winter Soldier, right?

I thought the truth serum joke was funny

Weak villain mostly. The first one had a pretty decent third act fight with a supervillain. That was mostly gone from this one.

>ant man 1
Your mind can't grasp being in the quantum realm for long
>ant man 2
It's ok if your stuck there for years tho you will come back with a magic healing touch

GotG2 was good though, it was better than the first one. I put it on Winter Soldier level

To be fair, Hank knew jack shit about the quantum realm. Apparently it's a realm of existence where the rules of physics don't really apply like our plane

It sort of looked like she was just living on some alien planet for a long time. I expected to see a hut made of alien rocks in the background.

Why do people hate GOTG 2 so much? I don't get it.

It has too many intentionally funny jokey, goofy sequences and lines in it that it turns people off. The first one was still mostly serious or had more subtle sitcom-ish humor in it. While the second one was bordering cartoonish at several points.

I don't hate it, just wasn't a big fan of some of the decisions made. It's perfectly fine, just weaker than the first film. For example I don't really care for baby Groot or some of the forced jokes. Mantis and Yondu were great

I'm not typing all that shit again

I just saw it this past week myself and enjoyed it. There is no earth shattering crisis or whatever, just a guy trying to take care of his daughter and another guy trying to save his wife and the people in their lives. Also the lack of a serious villain is good too, everyone is just kind of human and flawed and manage. It's pretty good.

Nah fuck off, it's not because 99% of cartoon shows and cape comics are mediocre or below that I have to lower my standards and give it a pass when there are exceptions, especially when you get out of both of those niches.

She's obviously being set up as the villain of the next movie, she says herself the quantum realm changed her. Of all the dumb things, this isn't one.

I kept waiting for her to be revealed as some kind of quantum realm doppelganger thing

This to be honest. I love the first movie and that makes me more critical to the sequel flaws, because I wanted a movie that surpassed the original one, not the same things a bit worse.

Also, a lot of the concept art showed a different movie.

Attached: Ant-Man_and_the_Wasp_concept_art_A.I.M._agents.jpg (1200x580, 290K)

GOTG2 is one of the best MCU movies

Don't forget Avengers 2