What are the best Taskmaster moments?

What are the best Taskmaster moments?

Attached: tJR6RYA.png (640x800, 815K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GcusieFTuCU
youtube.com/watch?v=PHZWZ7RzE-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Unironically his first appearance, when he had the Avengers on the ropes but had the common sense to realize that he had nothing to gain but everything to lose by sticking around.

Taskmaster's real superpower is that, unlike other supervillains, he can tell the difference between 'probably' and 'definitely'.

When deadpool beat the fuck out of Sandi's abusive bf but wouldn't kill him as he promised her he wouldn't and.. well

Attached: 95df9049b673de60a2d93b329a964088.jpg (1014x1513, 322K)

When he helped a cripple who Deadpool had knocked over shoot Wade with an arrow.

His bro moments when he helps out people

Attached: tumblr_oqdyqwASyh1rnxn6eo1_540.png (505x453, 246K)

Him coming out of the shadows to help his daughter.

Attached: boo.jpg (1026x1600, 329K)

This art is oddly sexy

When Moonman btfo him.
That one's pretty funny, should've included the next panel though.

Attached: moon knight and taskmaster0.jpg (982x2284, 1023K)

Aw man, one of the few emotional moments in comics that actually hit me hard.

Taskmaster is at his best when he's shown to be a more reasonable person than anybody else in the room, hero or villain.

Oh fuck, resident Taskmaster super-fan here. I'm all over this thread.

I'll start with the time he fucking dismantled Punisher both physically and verbally for being such an annoying hardass

Attached: d21ed4bbb925c6004010335e155302f1.jpg (819x1272, 917K)

People like to show this but ignore the fact MK had to crash a jet into him just to slow him down and Task wiped the floor with him -and- his girlfriend until they managed to get rescued by a surprise shotgun blast.

Has Taskmaster been used with Frank a lot?

They've had four meetings.

The first is an older comic, Taskmaster and Tombstone are in a competition to kill specific targets. This is back when Task was more openly evil and hadn't settled into the kind of easygoing neutral who doesn't fuck with civilians we have now. Tombstone was fighting Punisher, Daredevil was fighting Taskmaster, and the fights basically crashed into each other. Task got wounded when he was hit by a car and Tombstone was losing. Frank tried to throw a knife at Taskmaster, but Daredevil deflected it with a gunshot and Task was only wounded.

Their second run-in was in 2017, in Deadpool vs. Punisher. Taskmaster had his own interest in the job that Wade was on and wound up clashing with them. He kicked the shit out of Frank and Wade, then they teamed up to temporarily wind him. He was about to keep fighting but got thrown off the boat by a third party and so he was unharmed but couldn't continue.

Third was 2018, Punisher book. Frank went after Baron Zemo as penance for joining Hydra in Secret Empire. Ghost, Crossbones, and Taskmaster were running security and tore Frank out of his War Machine suit. They were about to execute him until he got rescued by Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Winter Soldier.

And then this week's Punisher, Frank was kept in prison in Bagalia for months by Zemo. Taskmaster was Warden of the prison and mostly just in it for the fun/money, but when Frank tried to escape with a bunch of convicts, Task intercepted him. Again, Task shitstomped, but when he was about to finish him off he got hit by a truck [it's a running theme].

Attached: tumblr_pobpo5PWXk1sqep2mo1_1280.jpg (1062x1636, 964K)

Yeah, but that little lecture Taskmaster gives about how much he hates fighting Moon Knight because his fighting style is so awful and yet stuck in taskmasters head is a great moment.

Oh 100%. Even as a Taskmaster fan I enjoyed that appearance. I didn't mind him losing or even being humiliated at the end.

My fav about it was him going "Look, if I had my way, I would have just sniped you, but my bosses want this to be a torture job."

I loved that because it really emphasizes the dude's hands are tied in terms of pragmatism, that he has to drag jobs out even if he knows he could finish it more easily

>there's still no Taskmaster and Black Ant (Eric O'Grady) comic about them being on the run after the events of Secret Empire
>nothing of them taking any job to try and substain themselves
>probably living at one of Taskmaster's old shut down schools

Why hasn't this been written yet? If I ever got hired at Marvel (low chance) I'd specifically request to write a Taskmaster story.

Attached: 1471369977575.gif (541x675, 1.06M)

Task's stupid rich and just set up shop in california, so I don't think he'd be needing to live in some run-down school.

Otherwise I agree, Taskmaster and Black Ant would be a great comic. Also one of the few I'd trust Dan Slott to do well, considering he's the one who introduced the pair back in 2010

Attached: 1b188a501408c247bccb09b7cbbe927a.jpg (804x1242, 873K)

Task slapped around with only his left hand from it looks like.

I think the punch where he's saying "and then" is his right fist

Yeah I’m a big fan of both characters and while I feel 7/10 times I think taskmaster should win, I also really like the idea of Moon Knight being a hard counter to him due to his “taking a punch is faster than dodging it” attitude.

Which stories featuring Taskmaster would you recommend? So far I've only read his UDON run and Unthinkable.

Because they've been making bank capturing animal themed villains for Kraven while he set up a bigger, better hunting ground to test his new clone son and a bunch of hunter devotees. He seems to be getting ready to try and die again, pass his legacy on.

Speaking of which, Task and Ant are gold.

Admittedly I don't think he should even be able to keep up with Task. Their brief fight at the start of the issue showed you can't just power through technique like his.

Imo, Task's biggest counters are the following:

1. Hyper-durability. Someone like Luke Cage, for example. All the technique means nothing against someone his sword/gun can't hurt. Of course he can gas him, but he needs prep for that, and it's best avoided.

2. Telepaths. He's got no mental defenses, and his amnesia means he can't even learn the basic shit SHIELD agents get. He's got a completely helpless mind.

3. Invisible powers. Things like telekinesis, force blasts, etc. Sue Storm laid him the fuck out once and I thought it was fitting, that's the kind of thing his kit just isn't good against.

I don't love the whole 'power through his technique' because he's been emphasized to hit like a truck before, and it seems silly to just be able to 'tank him' even for Moon Knight.

But that's just my very biased opinion so I don't mind if people don't agree

Both great runs, and unfortunately, as fun as Task is, he rarely gets major appearances. He's usually a single-issue villain or a minor arc villain. That said, a few exceptions:

Avengers: The Initiative. This is what leads into his Unthinkable mini. 35 issue run and he's a main character from issue 9 onward. Great development and you see the origin of how he met Eric O'Grady

Secret Avengers (2013) : Nick Spencer's introduction to the character. A bit of a jobber in this run, but he's funny as shit and we see his morality show. He infiltrates AIM and builds a great friendship with Mockingbird and Mentallo

-Deadpool vs. The Punisher

From the writer of Unthinkable, and he is my fav Taskmaster. It's only 5 issues, but it features Tasky as a strong antagonist who's not undersold at all in terms of deadliness.

Agent X:

Gail Simone's run. If you like the Udon suit, this is the other comic he wears it in. 15 or so issues if I recall right, and he's part of the main cast. Really funny and actually gives him a romantic arc with Sandi from his 2002 book.

So is it true that moon Knight is just a mentally unstable Batman?

Attached: Moon Knight.jpg (1280x1969, 566K)

>mentally unstable Batman
Isn't that redundant these days?

Moon knight is only really like batman at the surface level. The more you read him, the more you see they are completely different. I was suspicious too, but I ended up reading most of the characters stuff on a whim and he is now one of my favourites.

He has deep split personalities that reflect his true personality right?

Another fav moment is him trashing Daken for Daken insulting his costume.

Attached: 9bcdd72153acf13ec71109c34e2b0d6c.jpg (1685x1281, 1.65M)

Not so much as he is just a man with 4 (sometimes more) completey different personalities separate from his own. He is essentially 4 people. Also he is the only hero I can think of whose superpowers could or could not exist.

Daken has shit taste in costumes.

Yeah I mean if anyone ever had less room to talk

Attached: Akihiro_(Earth-616)_from_X-Men_Blue_Vol_1_25_cover_001.jpg (420x687, 145K)

>these days
Batman was always an insane person with varying degrees of how well he was sticking to his rituals to keep him from losing his shit.

How does he even have tattoos if he has super healing?

Apparently healing factors are partially psychological, especially for Daken and Laura. It's why she was able to cut herself without it healing immediately.

I don’t like that.

It's a bit silly, yeah

Without a doubt read his 2010 mini, it's great and also features Taskmaster fighting off a south american village full of Hitlers

Attached: RCO001.jpg (1037x1600, 356K)

Yep already read that one. The top thing I liked about it were all the villain groups that came after him, whom he all trained.

Well, my recommendations I listed above are all very good imo so I stand by them

pic related, Avengers: The Initiative

Attached: 7546525.jpg (1317x2000, 878K)

My favorite are his random appearances.

Attached: Trashmaster.jpg (1041x1600, 619K)

Attached: thatsweetbike.jpg (1041x1600, 651K)

They are buddies now... well, he and LMD Eric.

I don't think he's an LMD. There was a scene I forget where but he basically has his brain put into the LMD on his death and it succeeds, then an unfinished comic that got cancelled but the idea was he was going to try and get a real clone body.

Eric's status is fucking weird right now but it is, if nothing else, the original Eric in mind.

I like taskmaster but was annoyed when bendis made him the big bad in spider-men 2. Being able to change the style of fighting and copy someone just by looking is cool and all but seems kinda worthless against a precog with super strength and speed. Which honestly it would've been fine if he was just the guy who kept fighting him but pete seemed worried the whole time which was annoying

That time he beat Ant-Man with paper clips.

In fairness, Peter's always struggled with Task so it's not like it's unfounded. For all Pete's power, he's never fared well against top-tier martial artists. Shang-Chi and Daredevil usually give him trouble too

Wholesome Taskmaster.

Like the time he took a defeated picture for that one guy who went to training camp for him to take home and hang proudly on his wall.

Is the tightness of the suits that defines every muscle and I can almost see a bulge on the left version, maybe is all the bara material that I've watched

I was under the impression that's why most people liked superheroes. It's basically nothing but men in tight suits.

I know it's just a mask but I'm glad he gets the googly exposed eyeball look. And that his costume usually stays with the dramatic cape and boots, gotta love it.

fuck

Attached: IMG_1452.jpg (561x516, 39K)

its just the way Bendis wrote him bitching about it, I get this isn't going to be an easy fight but I'd imagine someone who fights on pure instinct like peter would be the worst match up for taskmaster whose power is based on understanding and manipulating any style.

Generally speaking, people who fight on instinct are the best for him. He tends to trash those who rely on instinct or training. His biggest weakness is someone who thinks and uses their environment, which Peter -sometimes- is, but also isn't.

That said, I get what you mean, Task was a crazy big threat, but if nothing else, I think they at least did a good job explaining he was so scary because of his new suit

His menory issues were such a fucking stupid thing, thank God people have been ignoring it since.

Daredevil is closer to Batman. Helping others in the daylight, fighting crime in the night, also actual bat-like power, no-guns no-killing policy etc.
Moon Knight is a Batwoman.

Batwoman is moon knight, even the run around civil war where he went completely crazy predated batwoman by 5 years

Don't know this guy besides from MvC, is the skull face really just a mask and not some Red Skull-esque deformity that actually makes him look awesome? Because how the heck does he make the eyes do that?

It's just artists not knowing much about him and/or a very high tech mask. IMO the best artists are the ones who just give it fucking dope-ass glowing eyes, like so.

Attached: 7ac1b73fc54604c6bdd8f2a8672a339e.jpg (957x1272, 712K)

>off he got hit by a truck
Is Truck-kun tsundere for Frank?

Boys I've never really read him, give me a must read list

He did give Taskmaster a great mask in Spider-men 2
>For all Pete's power, he's never fared well against top-tier martial artists. Shang-Chi and Daredevil usually give him trouble too
But then Slott gave Pete a martial art of his own

Yeah, which got forgotten. Task got a hardlight generator that mostly gets ignored...and two girlfriends...and a wife. Etc etc.

>Daken wearing Cap's cap

now that's offensive

Thats what Task said!

Attached: 7546275.jpg (1301x2000, 1.03M)

And that's why I like him

Same. Dude's been snarking since before Deadpool was even conceptualized

Attached: 7546207.jpg (1317x2000, 1.03M)

when he was a teacher during the Initiative.

he had them redone after he grow the arm back

Fucking nice, is this from his 2002 run? I only remember her from that

It's from the Deadpool run around the same time. The two kind of led into each other and Agent X.

> taskmaster opening up a school where people pay him to beat them up with no counters

I imagine it's sort of like this
youtube.com/watch?v=GcusieFTuCU
but it costs one million rather than 20 dollars a lesson

Hahahah

I'm really hoping Kraven double crosses Black Ant in the current Spider-Man arc and Taskmaster has to pitch in to help.

>Again, Task shitstomped, but when he was about to finish him off he got hit by a truck [it's a running theme].

Taskmaster isekai when?

We need a Villains for Hire series with Taskmaster, Black Ant, Constrictor, Crusher Creel & Titania, and maybe Juggernaut during one of his good phases. I miss Juggernaut as an antihero. No outright psychopaths like Sabretooth or Bullseye.

>Taskmaster super-fan
>is named Punisher
>posts about Taskmaster destroying Punisher

Attached: 1537531901681.jpg (600x525, 48K)

>If I ever got hired at Marvel (low chance) I'd specifically request to write a Taskmaster story.

Straight white male? Yeah, you're probably fucked.

The punisher name was an accidental holdover from when I was storytiming a comic rip I just noticed it lol

Attached: 5d382ad43d6269f81b011c72726ab111.png (406x198, 109K)

I used to think that Taskmaster's name is actualyl White Skull

>Agent X
Agent X was my shit as a kid and I've never forgiven what they did to him

Considering a shitton of trash tier iseaki (redundant I know) are based on skill collecting Tasky would fit right in

what they did to Maverick was worse

What does Taskmaster stand to gain here

Agent X is doing okay now. He was in the Domino comic and looked fine

Killing the abusive ex of the girl he wants to fuck

Isn't Doomquest essentially isekai before the term isekai existed? As usual, comics did it first.

wasn't he really, REALLY fat?

Taskmaster has a second home in Weirdworld nowadays

>comics did it first.
>Forgetting Alice in Wonderland
>Gulliver's Travels
>Dante's Goddamn Inferno
>Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
>The Time Machine
>And many, many, MANY more
Fucking Philistine kill yourself

Attached: 1508085217355.jpg (631x480, 203K)

Yeah but he's okay now

Attached: b0e5b5faa753dc3345dce4f317c70e5d.png (713x312, 489K)

>Black Widow movie has her chase down rogue SHIELD Agent, Eric Masters, who outwits her and escapes even though his goon training squad has been snuffed out
>Ant-Man 3 has Scott try to recover a new prototype suit stolen by Eric O'GRady, who gives Scott the slip through the Quantum Realm and ends up on the lam oin the other side of the world
>Taskmaster and Black Ant movie in Phase 4, realistically Phase 5
>Could throw Hobgoblin in there if they wanted if they keep integrating Spidey into the MCU. They could do Green Goblin but he's already been in both previous movie franchises so why bother at that point?

Calm the fuck down, gamer. It's just a fucking comic book.

>He's got no mental defenses, and his amnesia means he can't even learn the basic shit SHIELD agents get. He's got a completely helpless mind.

that's a survival technique, so he'd be able to learn it. His power is muscle memory, so things that are routine for him are retained. It's not like he forget how to read or write or breathe because he saw Black Widow kick Crimson Dynamo in the dick once.

Just a joke bro no hard feelings

Attached: 1498484276744.png (496x538, 449K)

I agree it should work like that but canonically as of Secret Avengers 2013, his amnesia renders his mental state unstable and a telepath in his mind finds it extremely accessible but also frayed and odd to navigate

those are just long comic books with fewer pictures

i don't think i finished Secret Avengers so i'll defer to your judgment there

I liked how he was the final boss of Deadpoll kills the marvel universe

What was the comic where he meets the two girls and he makes a comment about how he thought both of their fathers were gay? It's funnier than I describe it probably.

>protagonist is a fifteen year old Japanese kid who is kind of a loser
>he gets a note from the girl of his dreams saying she wants to date him
>just as he's about to meet up with her he gets whisked away to a fantasy world where his bland, milquetoast personality is exotic and his collection of mundane skills is seen as amazing
>he soon has himself a harem of shonen cliches, a rival, and a nemesis
>then Taskmaster shows up

youtube.com/watch?v=PHZWZ7RzE-U

Why is his theme so heroic?

The amnesia retcon adds nothing to the character, doesn't have any sort of internal logic, and is ignored 90% of the time.

Pretty much any moment with Rhod Gilbert, but the hiding in the closet all night bit was golden.

because he copies heroes

Attached: taskmaster_01.jpg (982x1512, 437K)

So basically he's exactly like Touma.

This

Attached: 1427565920122.jpg (967x984, 311K)

Is he right that Katie is the most powerful one?

>energy absorption & projection
>matter disintegration
>KO'ed a villain Thor couldnt beat
>still growing
>still learning
Yes and she always will be

Attached: file.png (400x488, 383K)