His weakness is a color

>His weakness is a color
What kind of gay shit is that?

Attached: 97-97140_dc_green_lantern_new_52_realbig_pdp.jpg (3000x3000, 693K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WO3Xm6lCwtI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That got thrown out years ago

Found the casual.

I'm hoping Morrison just does away with the whole colour spectrum stuff in his run and takes Hal in a completely new direction.

It's a gay weakness.

Mate it's been out, he did just that

Get a load of this moron lmao.

Dude...the yellow went out decades ago...

It hasn't been a weakness for years you moron. Only rookies get throw off by that shit anymore. Why are you willfully acting stupid for cheap (You)s?
He's already doing that, and they haven't even done shit with the other corps in some time

Fuck you, it's a lame color, why are you willfully defending something stupid and gay?

I personally thought the explanation was pretty cool, what with the great battery on Oa being used to imprison Parallax, and its power of fear leaking out through the power rings, making them stop working against yellow things because that is fear's color.
OP is a total faggot, though, and deserves only ridicule.

Attached: Parallax.png (760x630, 1.02M)

>HURR DURR IM GOING TO CONTINUE TO BE A RETARDED FAGGOT BECAUSE I GOT CAUGHT SAYING SOMETHING STUPID!
This is you

Parallax was only created by Hal to absolve himself of his sins.

You really suck at debating. I think you're underage.

Which is stupid because he'd already done the big redemption thing with the Final Night.

Is that a fan theory, or did they retcon that light-entity shit since I last read GL?

What debate? You openly outed yourself being a dumbass casual trying to make fun of something that hasn't been canon in years, then pathetically tried to say the color was dumb. Have another pity (You)

Kill yourself.

the name doesn't make sense though

I think it's supposed evoke the shifting of viewpoints, like a wave of vertigo as fear takes hold and the world changes subtly around you.

>His weakness is a rock

Attached: Superman_Action_976_Gary_Frank.png (1200x1600, 1.3M)

Ha! Stay mad, faggot

It's a metaphor for how an immigrants greatest weakness is, ironically, his original homeland. Kryptonite represents everything that destroyed Krypton in the first place. As an immigrant he has to reject those ideas and adopt the ways of his new home.

ITT: dumb casual complaints get BTFO

Because Halfags weren't satisfied with "redemption", they wanted it retconned so that he'd never done anything wrong in the first place.

>His weakness is saying his own name backwards.

It's almost like the more powerful a character is, the more exploitable their weakness must be in order to maintain narrative tension.

Attached: Wknss.png (230x349, 86K)

>What kind of gay shit is that?
Its clearly inferior heterosexual thinking

No AIDS is

>His weakness is Martha

Attached: downloadddsssdsd.jpg (1024x576, 70K)

Attached: 1547266517675.jpg (2000x1605, 366K)

So, a fan theory. And kind of a weak one IMO, since it argues that Hal really did just get so sad he turned crazy and murdered a bunch of people, as opposed to saying he got possessed by this Parallax thing.
I mean the Parallax thing is a retcon, sure, but it was a retcon to fix a bunch of edgy 90s stupidity in characterization.

At least his weakness isn't wood.

Hal is handsome

Hal getting depressed because Coast City got blown the fuck up could sense, it's just that the storyline got 3 whole issues cut so they could make the issue 50 milestone to wrap everything up so you get shit like Hal saying "I'm fine with Coast City as long as Carol is safe" in 47 to Hal in a crater crying in 48. The whole thing was rushed and it suffered because of that.

>Wonder Woman's weakness is being tied up.

What kind of weakness is that, that sounds wonderful.

Getting Depressed -> Murder Spree is my problem with it, not the getting depressed part. It reeks of ultra-edgy 90s character arcs, and I don't feel like it fits Hal Jordan's personality at all.
"He tries to fix everything by murdering lots of people" was a popular motif of the era, but it was seriously overused and kinda stupid, and GL is an egregiously bad example of it IMO.

>you'll never be a supervillain
>you'll never have the chance to defeat GL and Flash at the same time by throwing a banana peel in their general direction

That's what I meant by it was rushed. There wasn't an organic transition to the "murder spree" even if the only people he actually killed in Emerald Twilight itself were Kilowog and Sinestro (who was already supposed to have been dead for 5 years by this point). He actually got quite a lot of development after Emerald Twilight and Zero Hour which made him not seem retarded, but the first few years were rough because DC wanted another Knightfall or Death/Return of Superman.

Attached: 1549062293518.jpg (226x257, 63K)

I just doubt that any amount of time would sell me on the idea that Hal Jordan would turn out to be that guy. It doesn't seem to fit him IMO. I could maybe see Aquaman going that route, or Batman if he got some kind of cosmic power upgrade would definitely be tempted to use it to rewrite everything, believing he could fix it all.

Yeah, in hindsight they should've swapped writers before 47. I liked Emerald Twilight and Parallax, but there's no transition between beating Mongul, leading the JL and him being at peace with it to losing his fucking shit.

being weak to colors is like the opposite of gay, dude

Rather than that, they should've just let Gerard do what he planned on doing and having Hal retire and take up a new name while passing the reigns to another recruit. We wouldn't have gotten Kyle in that timeline, but it's interesting to think what could've been with that decision because Guy got a lot of his current day personality as a result of the Corps getting destroyed.

>the first few years were rough because DC wanted another Knightfall or Death/Return of Superman.

If that was true, they would've milked it more. No, I think they just wanted to get rid of the corps as soon as possible. Which sucks, because I think Twilight would've been really good if they had at least one more issue to establish Hal's mindset.

The gayest thing that happened were the colors getting personified into weird creatures. That was literally retarded, and it served no purpose cause they could have just done something with the source wall whenever they wanted to buff someone. Instead of having them wrangle their color creature and "tame" it or absorb it. Like nigga, just jump into a fucking battery or get better willpower.
Idk, i just didn't like that.
The whole color corp itself is fine, and makes sense. Why, wouldn't there be other colored lanterns? You can't argue against them very well.

Hall's weakness is black

Attached: green-lantern-green-arrow-blue-skins.png (600x573, 706K)

kek, fucking nogs and their bullshit even made it to my boy Hal.
No one is safe.

>passing the reigns
Reins, user. They're the things you use to control a horse.

>If that was true, they would've milked it more.

You gotta remember that the whole thing was written in 2 months because they kicked Gerard off with 47 in like September and 48 came in November. You can actually see that DC solicited Gerard's planned ending for 48 and 49 then were replaced with Twilight because they wanted that shit out ASAP. I mean, look at this promo that was sent to shops to advertise Zero Hour. They clearly wanted Parallax out quick.

youtube.com/watch?v=WO3Xm6lCwtI

Attached: 1338683547573.gif (420x233, 937K)

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
So, does anybody wear the ring daily?
Ohh nice one.

It wasn't really Halfags, Hal wasn't even good till he was on the path to Parallax anyway. It was the people who grew up with him coming into power. Also if you want to reboot the Corps Kyle isn't a great fit for it

I don't know, letting Gerard continue means there would be even more Lantern shit DC wouldn't reprint, that wouldn't be a good idea.

>letting Gerard continue means there would be even more Lantern shit DC wouldn't reprint

Don't even remind me. They had finally solicited getting his GL/Mosaic and Guy Gardner stuff reprinted. Then he got caught for CP and it got dropped immediately. At least Kyle's stuff is getting some reprints.

Attached: 1480711627921.png (300x311, 205K)

Man funny how all four core Lanterns had reinventions
>Hal/Parallax
>Guy/Warrior
>Stewart/Mosaic/Darkstar
>Kyle/Ion/White Lantern also not a classical Lantern since his conception

What are the shitskins going to get reinvented as?

I haven't read GL in forever. Was Rebirth worth checking out? I still haven't read anything with Jessica Cruz in it.

I should get the Geoff Johns GL Omnibus already.

You mean the two best legacy characters DC has made in the last five years? Not sure

bump

No, his weakness is billboards and banana peels.

Puhlease.
They're only good cause everyone else is so bad. I'd rather have a book about the Squirrel lantern and the Fly lantern with special appearances by the eyeball lantern and Saalaak
Hopefully morrison does something good with the lanterns cause everything after johns is shit. Morrison should have been the next autist to take gl after him

so aside from it being silly, why did they get rid of the yellow weakness thing? i always thought it was odd, but fun/ unique

Attached: 1551554357677.jpg (307x291, 16K)

To differentiate Kyle's ring from the others. I wish they kept his different because I liked the Gas Tank version rather than the 24-hour charge for him.