Batman Shows

What is the best Batman show, worst Batman show? Why?

Attached: batmen.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p0_0dXJ89U4
youtube.com/watch?v=JUWgGzqxgQo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I haven't seen them all but "The Batman" is likely the worst

Top right.
Terry McGinnis is always going to be the Batman.

this, but is still ok tho and the into is kino
youtube.com/watch?v=p0_0dXJ89U4

BTAS
Batman beyond
BTBATB
Idk
The Batman

the best batman show is between justice league/JLU and batman beyond

Some of the villian redesigns bothered me in the show.

Bane specifically.

Anyone who thinks The Batman is worse than Beware the Batman is retarded

Beyond > BTAS = BATB > The Batman >>>>>> Ultimate >>>>>>> BtB

Attached: 1546392591942.jpg (540x406, 35K)

BTAS is the best
TB is the worst

They’re all good to different degrees though. Batman has a good streak in animation.

I agree

Let's never do so again

Best to worst:
>BTAS
>Beyond
>B&B
>The Batman
>The New Adventures of Batman
>Beware The Batman
>Any of the other Filmation Batman shows

Not the worst but it was weird because quite literally everybody was a kung fu master and Joker looked like some rasta motherfucker.

>Best
Brave and the Bold
Worst:
Beware The Batman

How is BTAS not in this lineup?

Everybody was kung-fu fighting!

It’s from a DC Kids video. It has B:TAS in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=JUWgGzqxgQo

>they excluded Beware from that video

Harsh

Attached: hQNECAB.jpg (3686x2532, 978K)

The absolute worst is objectively Batman Unlimited. Made solely to sell toys.
It has some nice moments though.

Attached: 1547917947472.gif (400x222, 1.25M)

>Made solely to sell toys.
And fetishes.
Joker confirmed chubby chaser.

Attached: 45675436827.png (960x539, 472K)

Worst would have to be one of the old ones worked on by Filmation.

Attached: 50640650.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Every time I saw BtB, I always thought of the CGI Batgirl joke from the BatB finale. Made it much more enjoyable

Attached: 1545436733805.png (597x570, 245K)

That wasn't even a joke. It was a DTV they were going to actually make before the Wonder Woman DTV bombed.

Beware since it got cut down before it had a chance. The batman had a lot of good episodes and ideas for some of the characters

>best
Batman tas

>eh
Brave and the bold

>worst
Beware the Batman

I watched all three movies and, yeah I used to give The Batman shit for being blatant toy advertisement, and I still don't think it's a very good show, but it's leaps and bounds ahead of Unlimited.

Still, I thought the third movie was allright, mostly because I liked the casting for Mr.Freeze and Penguin and would like to see them again, and their characterizations weren't too terrible.

I wish Dana Snyder voiced Penguin more often.

Attached: Penguin_Batman_Unlimited_0001.jpg (960x540, 87K)

Batman Unlimited: Mechs vs. Mutants actually has a plot. Way better than the first two films. In the beginning, civilians successfully fend off Mr. Freeze's attack, and he actually seems pathetic. It's interesting. I wish there are more moments like that in stories.

People really underestimate how bad those shows were, even by 70's standards.

I liked how we got a sympathetic Freeze without going MUH NORA.

>how we got a sympathetic Freeze without going MUH NORA.
He wasn't terribly sympathetic since he was still more or less willing to let all of Gotham freeze and didn't mind innocents dying, but yeah I also really liked how they played up Freeze as a hermit who just wants to be left alone but he keeps being pestered and intruded on because of his incredible abilities.
In a way the movie understood the appeal of Mr.Freeze in a way comics still fail to get. That it's the implacability and commanding intensity combined with understandable pathos and fundamental decency that's integral to the appeal of Mr.Freeze, and that this doesn't require him to have a sick wife backstory.
It didn't pull it off greatly but it tried and got decent results.

Oded Fehr also killed it in the role and he should be brought back to voice the character again, in a better movie.

Attached: Mr_Freeze_Batman_Unlimited.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

What would you guys like the next Batman cartoon to be about?
How would you do it?

Attached: batman redesign_zacroane.jpg (1280x1280, 305K)

make it about batman and friends doing batman and friends stuff

BATB is the best animated batman.

Third time's the charm with a No Man's Land Batman.

Attached: batman__no_man_s_land_pitch_piece_by_spawnofsprang-d796a4m.jpg (1126x710, 138K)

I think there should be 2 categories regarding best shows. Which one is the best show and which one is the best Batman show.

Strictly speaking the best show is Batman Brave and the Bold, an incredibly passionate love letter to Silver Age full of some of the best versions of DC characters on screen, it perfectly balances out what can be taken seriously and what is a joke. It is celebration of what comic books are.

But Batman TAS is the better Batman show, it has and even gave the character gravitas, it took the material seriously and made sure generations of kids would grow up taking it seriously as well. It's fucking amazing how people still can fuck up characters like Mr. Freeze when blueprint for perfect Mr. Freeze is right fucking there, everyone knows THAT version of the character best, even blockbuster with Arnold couldn't overshadow that.

The worst is easily Beware the Batman, no contest. It's just a weak show with weak Batman, all around weak. I don't think continuation would've salvaged much.

It was though. It was super mediocre. Even its attempts to be "different" from B:TAS or general Batman stuff felt half-assed and backtracked on them as the show went on. Beware was at least ambitious and had a better sense of identity and consistency. I'll take an ambitious failure over a meddling show that lingered for a while any way.

>What would you guys like the next Batman cartoon to be about?
I'd like a show that tackles seasonal arcs and character development of Batman, his rogues and allies, and incorporates more stuff from the comics and Batman's history.

>How would you do it?
I'd divide it over three seasons.
First would be more based on Golden Age/early Batman, still finding his footing and dealing with crimelords and the odd costumed villain.
Second season would be more Bronze Age, about the rise of the Batfamily and Gotham's monsters
And third season would be No Man's Land.

Each season with a different main villain and with different spins on the characters as they go through stages of development (example: Riddler as a GCPD/FBI agent in the first season, costumed supervillain in the 2nd, and reformed detective in the 3rd)

Attached: bat-30203.jpg (995x704, 128K)

Turning Professor Pyg into a mob boss with a pig mask sure is ambitious

He wasn't a mob boss, though. The only mob bosses in the show were Tobias Whale and Killer Croc, sorta.

Batman riding on top of a robot dinosaur with a giant laser gun was integral to the plot and had nothing to do with marketing...r-right?

Attached: 1547968280753.gif (591x330, 3.84M)

They're already doing that with Gotham right now.

Tbh I'd take this ridiculousness over the half-baked deconstructionist nonsense permeating modern Batman comics any day

Beware the Batman isn't well liked?

I'm pretty sure the writers of Brave and the Bold knew that a CGI Batman cartoon was in the works.

That's just the plot of the final season, not a full-fledged series based on it.

Also, one of the pitch's main gimmicks was the focus on the Bat-Family as a whole, not just solo Batman with a sidekick or two.

This is new to you? Even TTGo is better liked.

ok but where does he rank?

Attached: rexfeatures_5884729u.jpg (1000x563, 187K)

He's not in an animated show.

The animated movies were pretty good, though. Wasn't Batman vs. Two-Face his final role ever?

>He's not in an animated show.
well, you say that, but... technically.. there were multiple silver age batman cartoons in the 70s and 80s, and he voiced one of them

it'd be awesome if:
>the dinosaur were proportioned well
>it moved around in a cool, naturalistic way or a believable mechanical way
>the gunner could see where he was shooting
>someone other than batman was at the helm

There were two animated movies that were basically sequels to his series so I say Adam West counts as an animated Batman.

>kino
Kill yourself.

i don't remember what was with most of the characters, but the penguin specifically trained martial arts out of sheer spite for batman in that show

its not more liked then TTGo but beware was very hit and miss
a lot of people found it kind of boring

>It was a DTV they were going to actually make before the Wonder Woman DTV bombed.
???? But that came out four years before Beware the Batman

From what I remember, Penguin knew martial arts because of his trips to the Orient, not to fight Batman specifically.

I never took issue with Penguin being a fighter in the show and I don't get why it was apparently an issue. Making him fight like those balloon fat people in kung fu movies was a pretty inspired idea, as was him having a world-traveling backstory like Bruce, and there's a precedent for it in the comics. He's all about wily schemes and gadgets but he's never been afraid to come at Batman with an umbrella sword and last minute fistcuffs, plus he's trained in Judo. His unwillingness to admit his physical faults and let others do the action was even his greatest weakness for a time.

The show made him too ineffectual everywhere else, but the one thing they could grant him was apparently what pushed it over the line.
People seemed to bitch non-stop that he sucks because he can't fight but when he does fight it's a problem because apparently he's not supposed to.

Attached: Detective-Comics-Vol.-1-59-1942.jpg (1147x1040, 634K)

Yes, I know. They recycled that test footage for the gag in BatB.

BTAS
Batman Beyond
The Batman
BTBATB
Anything else

And then AAAAALL the way at the very end of the list: Beward the Batman.

BtB was atrocious, there was no Hit with it, only Miss. BtB was a mistake and anybody who enjoys it probably also thinks TLOK is one of the best shows ever.

I liked Beware and hated Korra back then, though.

Yes. William Shatner was in it too as Two-Face. The two animated movies are really fun and campy, but if you haven't watched the 60's series, you might be bored by it. They joke about the multiple versions of Catwoman and other things related to the 60's series.

Wheres the centre batman from?

Batman Unlimited. A series of three animated movies and a few shorts on YouTube.

The Batman got good near the end, but that's the problem. Season 1 was a mess, but ended on an optimistic point. Season 2 started out rough, but was good overall. Season 3 had a terrific beginning and ending, but was meh overall. Season 4, however, is where the series truly shined. Every episode was a winner. Season 5 was consistently good, but never hit the highs of S4.

The Batman, overall, was just too inconsistent in quality. But there are good episodes in there (as well as a fun DTV movie).