Next Suicide Squad movie will be a reboot

>As of Friday, James Gunn is helming upcoming movie projects for both Marvel and DC -- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and The Suicide Squad. His opportunity to write and direct for the latter came after Disney fired him from the former. Disney just pulled a 180 on Guardians, but The Suicide Squad will have priority over Peter Quill and his unlikely space friends’ next adventure.
>The filmmaker’s next Suicide Squad looks to be moving further away from what was established in David Ayer's 2016 movie than one might have expected. Just check out what DCEU producer Peter Safran recently teased in an interview with JoBlo Movie Network:
>“First of all, we don’t call it Suicide Squad 2 'cause it’s a total reboot, so it's The Suicide Squad and I think people should be extremely excited about it. It’s everything you would hope from a James Gunn script and I think that says a lot and that promises a lot and I know that we will deliver a lot.”
cinemablend.com/news/2468500/dont-call-it-suicide-squad-2-james-gunn-film-is-a-total-reboot-producer-says

Wonder Woman 1984 is also not a sequel?
Weird moves by DC.

Attached: 8A0F715F-8CF3-4796-8021-FCCE1CB348A9.jpg (750x799, 163K)

James Gunn wasn't even fired this whole time, this is all a way for him to sabotage this movie like Grace Randolph said

>Wonder Woman 1984 is also not a sequel?
why it would be? i bet most of the characters of WW1 are dead

Well, the same guy is going to play Steve who wouldn't be alive in 1984. Or young.

Honestly it's better for DC to make stand alone films the way they have comics outside continuity like Dark Knight Returns and All-Star Superman, than try and fail to be the MCU.

What?

WW84 is a sequel of WW done by the same director and cast. Steve Trevor will come back, somehow, and they've even shown there will be a role reversal with Diana now serving as a guide to Steve.

This is gonna be good. Gunn getting back to Troma Gore/schlock/dark humor.

Basically WB are trying distance themselves as much as possible from Zack Snyder's DC universe, which is completely the right move.

>James Gunn working for both Marvel and DC
Is he playing 4D chess?

So aside from Aquaman and Wonder Woman, the DCEU is pretty much dead.

Also BoP, which is following Ayer's tone from Squad

Attached: bräïnļeť.png (856x846, 49K)

Regardless of Disney's policies over hiring controversial people, I'm surprised that they re-hired him considering how fiercely competitive they are

>Weird moves by DC.

DC's been doing just fine doing weird stuff with their TV shows and animated movies. I don't think trying to make a shared continuity like MCU is smart at all.

Dc picked him up.
I think they hoped he would drop the DC project.

I think this is a mistake. Sure, have the movie stand on its own and even have some new actors in returning roles, but to say to everyone it's a reboot is pretty much to spit on all the casual audience that made the first one a success despite the bad reviews and are always dressing up as the movie version of Harley Quinn. Things like that never work out.

>DCEU rebooting this early in their life cycle

will someone just mercy kill it already?

Attached: 1541017392903.png (625x519, 320K)

No, Gadot is still in, but with Ben Afleck and Cavill not reprising their role, most movies they are in will not be canon anymore.

What will remains canon is Wonderwoman and Aquaman.

NO, THIS ISN'T FAIR, I NEED MORE KATANA.

I WANT MORE FUKUHARA-CHAN.

>Don't be silly DC would never do something as stupid as reboot the entire universe and still keep Jason Momoa, Gal Gadot, and Margot Robbie
DC morons BTFO again

Reboot? How are they gonna do a reboot, re-explain the premise.

>skwad reboot
I guess this undoes their oscar.

Gal Gadot and Margot Robbie are great as WW and Harley though.

Jason Momoa is w/e, the script and dialogue are so bad he was never given a fair chance.

>DC's been doing just fine doing weird stuff with their TV shows and animated movies
Is that why all their shows are cancelled and their animated movies are direct-to-dvd?

>Weird moves by DC.

Not if you've been paying attention to what they've been saying the past two years.

There is no DCEU. It's dead. They're just making movies. There may or may not be continuity between them, but it's not something they're aiming for.

>we don’t call it Suicide Squad 2 'cause it’s a total reboot

See?

Doesn't matter.

Oh, he was gone. He'll probably leave Suicide Squad when it's been in development hell for a couple more years. The brand is toxic, easier for them to make something less shitty instead.

Like Man of Steel 2, the Flash, Cyborg and all the rest, it'll be pushed back until it's forgotten.

>I think they hoped he would drop the DC project.
I'm sure most of us did

TTG movie was in theaters and nothing is wrong with direct to video unless you're a hack like Spielberg and want to try and stop progress by saying movies without wide theater releases aren't real movies.

Can you kill something that was never alive?

Robbie is still in but that's not stopping Suicide Squad from being a reboot

Attached: 20190307_110001.jpg (2896x2896, 805K)

It goes to the same pile as the Dark Knight

So current totals are MCU - 3 with more to come and DC - 0

I think the term reboot is being loosely here.

>He'll probably leave Suicide Squad when it's been in development hell for a couple more years.
Except it starts shooting in September

the X-Men one isn't fair because they've managed to keep something of a continuity and are still regularly pushing out movies without major cast/crew shakeups... the Bryan Singer thing notwithstanding

It's more about the cast of Fant4stic being in there

Ok nevermind, I just noticed that Channing Tatum and the Fantastic Four are also in there.

Really the smart move would be to finish this movie and don't treat GoTG 3 as a top priority. Let Disney know that they need him more than he needs them.

Isnt this just more confusing? This sounds really like Hulk again.

The first suicide squad wasn't anything Ayer inteded either.

They will again show their origin!
I wonder if an Anti-monitor, crisis of infinty universe would be better reboot. So you could say thats all other universes and realities.

Nobody cares about the DCEU universe, they don't remember anything

Of course. At first taking on Suicide Squad was a mater gambit of giving himself to the competition to get Disney to bite and it worked. Now he’s playing both sides

Nope he's shooting that immediately after

I think he's only doing Suicide Squad as a thank you to WB for giving him a shot when it seemed like no one else would. I mean we now know they never really fired him in the first place but to the public it looks good.

That's just a lie DCucks tell themselves.

SS made tons of money without China and gained an Oscar. There are still girls doing fanfics about SS Joker.

No it's nothing like Hulk because that's still canon even though no one talks about it

This is more like if Disney had just decided all of phase one didn't happen because they were made by Paramount

>I think he's only doing Suicide Squad as a thank you to WB for giving him a shot
Lol, no
Don't forget that Guardians is a billion dollar franchise. Gunn isn't strapped for work, even if he thinks his time at Disney is done he is a highly sought-after director at this point. Hence why WB picked him up fucking immediately. He just goes where the cash is

>Nobody cares about the DC
Ftfy

Suicide Squad is also the second worst movie ever made behind only Batman v Superman. There's a reason they're so blunt about this being a reboot

Attached: Screenshot_20190314-112903_Chrome.jpg (1079x1249, 530K)

>but to the public it looks good.
Does it? Disney came off like corporate stooges.

But it feels like you get the same thing you already had or that what you watched, the DVD is now unimportant/uncanon.

Not when that fake controversy happened. No one wanted to hire him. I mean he didn't even get Suicide Squad until October and even then he was just writing it

I'm pretty sure that nobody sided with Disney on his firing. Gunn came out of it looking sympathetic, not like a dickhead

Have King Shark instead of Killer Croc

And also have him look like King Shark.

I think they are using king shark.
>allegedly

>There is no DCEU. It's dead.
Suicide Squad existence completelly contradict that.

So basically the only way for your movie to stay "canon" in the DCEU is to make money otherwise they'll just retcon the hell out of it?
Gotta say, that's really close the DC's comics MO

Cream rises to the top

they really shouldn't take those promo photos beforehand, it backfired hard.
I even forgot Depp was supposed to be part of the Monster Universe, they took so many big names and it still was a huge flop.

Impressive how are you still saying bullshit even after Aquaman made 1,1 billion, just eat your blurray and go back to red dit CaptainSalt.

No because Batman v Superman "made money" too and that's clearly not canon

I think the only reason Gadot and Momoa are around is because they were working on Aquaman and Wonder Woman 1984 when Hamada took over otherwise I think everyone would be gone

He changed tactis after WW, Aquaman and now Shazam positive reviews.

Grace Randolph is thicc af, but she's also insane and believes in nutso conspiracy theories about people trying to destroy DC/WB.

She even harassed some random movie critic because he had the gall to dislike BvS and was once at a Marvel movie premiere.

They should. I like Killer Croc but he should be in Batman first setting up his tragic and violent backstory. Not a 5 minute sequence set to music.

You want a jolly gigantic always hungry sharkman singing "I'm a Shark" as a distraction, instead

Keep crying DKek

If it weren't for China and the holiday season that piece of shit would have bombed just like Shazam, Joker, Birds of Prey, and Wonder Woman 2 will

>that's clearly not canon
JL was literally mentioned on Aquaman.

Don't be ridiculous. No one is going to give a fuck about ANOTHER bad Suicide Squad/DC movie. And besides this will be after Wonder Woman reboots the universe by saving Steve so it won't matter anyway

it backfired because they were to focused on branding and setting up sequel bait and too little on making actually good movies that could stand on their own and would make people want more.

>weird moves
Ok let's say you actually enjoyed Suicide Squad. Would you want to watch a sequel to it?

Because it was being filmed at the same time. As Justice League just like Shazam mentions Superman dying because those were made during Johns' short time in charge when he was still keeping everything canon

Making money isn't always considered a win by the studios if don't get a big margin out of it.
WB should safe face and give up like Universal did.

He's playing checkers.
Why do you think he's hopping around?

Am I insane or didn't we know this from a while back?

I can't believe you really thought Disney was going to keep him fired forever

Delevigne is getting bald.

And they want The Flash to be lulz like Aquaman and Shazam to chase the Marvel Money and might fire Ezra Miller to do this (god I wish)
lolwut
Warners sabotage their own films without any outside interference

They should but the thing about WB is they're fucking retarded just like most of their fans

They already have 5 DC movies filmed by the time Shazam comes out and they're planning on filming 3 more this year alone

We did but DKeks live in a constant state of denial and they still won't believe this until the movie is on blu-ray

the last movie was awful,why the fuck you retards want that shit to be canon???

BoP looks like a profume commercial, what the hell were they thinking.

>to chase the Marvel Money
You would think after Dark Universe and X Men DC would realise we don't want a shitty MCU knockoff when we have te real thing

Gunn wont sabotage Suicide Squad 2. It would still be his name on the project and there's no need to piss off the second largest studio, especially when Disney doesn't actually make that many movies. Just hurting himself in the long run

DC doesn't think. That's why they're making an r-rated horror movie about The Trench and releasing it against Avatar 2

>the last movie was awful, why making another one?
ftfy.

I remember when people used to do reboot of good movies.

It's a loose canon, these movie happened but the details don't matter, the gist of them are.

>spin-off about the guys in super-sentai suits seen for a couple of minutes on Aquaman

yeah when i heard about that i thought it was a joke, out of all the possible spin-offs they chose the most retarded one.

Are people actually excited for Avatar 2?

More so than any DC movie

Besides now that Disney is behind it they'll make people excited like they did with The Force Awakens

pretty sure they are more excited about Avatar than the literal whos side villians from Aquaman

So Gunn likes using certain people in his movies. A role will most likely be reserved for Rooker because he is in all of the movies Gunn does. But considering how much Dave Bautista defended him during the tweet thing, he might try to do something for him too. Do you think Bautista can pull off Bane or who else could the two of them play?

>Gal Gadot and Margot Robbie are great as WW and Harley though.

Attached: Brain lol.gif (480x270, 1.17M)

I hope MoS2 is a soft-reboot as well.

Nah, they're just distancing themselves from the old DCEU but they'd be crazy NOT to build up a cinematic universe and eventually to a JL2 and beyond.

We're basically going to get "Pre" and "Post Snyder-fronted" DCEUs.

>I remember when people used to do reboot of good movies.
I can't think of a more pointless thing.

Nice, I like Steve

Okay. Does that mean no Harley?

Please?

This is exactly what I wanted, wish they could dump Robbie though

>'Same Name' sequel/reboot RIGHT AFTER the first
This is getting silly
Usually there's a whole franchise between instances of using the same title