The character interactions are the only good part of the movie

the character interactions are the only good part of the movie

Attached: WASP.jpg (316x445, 42K)

Well that's sort of the deal, yeah. Hank and Janet spinoff when? They're the best part.

Ghost was okay by herself but replacing the original Ghost for her was the worst thing MCU did since Mandarin turned out to be fake

Feige fucking hates serious characters, I KNEW Killmonger was going to let it slip that he was just a manchild wanting to avenge his daddy.

>just a manchild wanting to avenge his daddy.
he was still serious despite that

Still better than Cheese

Some of the action was endearing too
What I found weird is that Wasp didn't feel like a co-lead at all, just a supporting character.

I liked the interaction between Pym and the artist formerly known as Giant-Man, but other than that the characters were pretty flat. Jan was okay I guess. Hope was a complete bore and this time it's more of a script issue than an acting issue. She almost managed to suck the charisma out of Paul Rudd. Also it's about time that Scott grows up a bit and becomes a little less bumbling, fucker even infected Pym who had to be somewhat incompetent to showcase Janet's smarts.
Ghost was just a big pile of teenage angst.
All in all like a lot of MCU movies, the male leads are solid but the females are written shallowly and without much in terms of endearing flaws.

>action
Man that chase scene with Luis' micro-van pissed me off. It was the dumbest fucking thing. In fact most of what involved shrinking cars was poorly exploited, there's potential there but you have to write and film things to exploit it.

>What I found weird is that Wasp didn't feel like a co-lead at all, just a supporting character.
This, it's still Scott's movie. It's not so bad because he is great.

Ghost was still serious though?

Honestly he wasn't bad but everything around him started to crumble, any sort of seriousness you could take from Wakanda fell apart with his addition.In the end he was just another dark reflection of the hero and nothing more.

I agree with this for everyone except for Janet after she gets out of the Quantum Realm.

I still don't understand why Yea Forums hates this movie. It was good. No, it wasn't mind-blowing or really advance the MCU in any big way, but not every fucking movie has to have super high stakes.

>Feige fucking hates serious characters, I KNEW Killmonger was going to let it slip that he was just a manchild wanting to avenge his daddy.
But Ghost was still serious and still carried the trend of MCU villains being less joke-y and more sympathetic. The ONLY thing I really didn't like about her was that she wasn't anti-capitalistic enough. Since she's still alive, if they ever bring her back, I hope she's out there, waging war on corporations, sabotaging them from the outside and the inside somehow.

Also, she was hot.

I'd say this was the first genuinely bad MCU movie since Incredible Hulk. At least stuff like Dark World or Age of Ultron have some entertaining action scenes.

Attached: tv's dad watches him post.png (641x723, 369K)

Dark World's only true crime is not believing in itself. It never commits to the fantasy aspect and brings it back to Earth AGAIN.

It's the best Phase 3 MCU movie

It does almost everything the first one did a little worse. Rudd was charming trying to get into heroics in the first one with Hope being bounced off of, but his clumsiness here comes off more as annoying and incorrigible as Hope's competence and no-nonsense attitude become more central in the narrative. Pym's cantankerous nature was pretty steady in the first movie but here it goes in and out because they need to show him being more mellow in his quest to recover Jan, and because they need him to quip around a bit more. Luis has the "hit supporting character" syndrome and gets shoved in everywhere as "the guy with the van", overstaying his welcome. Scott and his daughter's relationship isn't really a motor anymore as much as something that's there in a couple of scenes to remind you "oh yeah, this movie is supposed to be about Scott". You go from shrinked action that used the environment in original ways to the dumbest fucking shit with the hot wheels basically serving no purpose (Luis and Hope basically use them like normal cars) and Wasp kicking ass with moves that are as boring as her personality.
Really the only improvement I can think of is the quantum realm and they hardly went overboard there either, if it wasn't for tardigrades it would look like generic sci-fi parallel dimension.
And I guess your mileage may vary on the villains, Cross and Ghost were played equally hammy and neither have a particularly interesting backstory. Yeah at least Ghost isn't a clone in terms of powers but her power display moments aren't anything special. Giant-Man was cool as a foil for Pym but I think Fishburne struggles a bit to pull off his most gentle/pussy moments.

>another dark reflection of the hero
You know as much as you guys like to bitch about it there's a reason this theme has endured in heroic storytelling for ages

It's douvled sad cause if GOTG had come first Dark World probably would have been allowed to balls to the wall and been way better but as is it's the definition of a hack movie

Yeah. Laziness is eternal.

I don't understand why Yea Forums hates this movie. It's one of the better MCU films, especially phase 3. I will admit though Scott's friends suck.

The strongest emotion that this movie gave me was disappointment on how much Walton Goggins was wasted in the movie.

Nobody here hates this movie, where does this narrative even come from, saying it's not good isn't hate and most people don't even say it isn't good.
What the fuck is even there not to get? Do you read when people explain to you why they think it's not good or do you just say "I don't get it" on repeat? It's just sort of bland and uninspired while failing to recapture the charm of the first one.