Love Death + Robots:

Discuss.

Attached: gimps.jpg (1500x1125, 457K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canton–Hong_Kong_strike
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_1966_riots
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_1967_leftist_riots
twitter.com/Killveous/status/1106676213630808065
panmacmillan.com/authors/peter-f-hamilton/a-second-chance-at-eden/9781509868704#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lots of crap and wanabe game designers and too much that don't have anything to do with robots or even machines.

The fuck was up with Night Fish

Cel-shaded bush

why is there no fan art yet

Fucking furries.

Attached: Love Death and Robots Transformation Good Hunting.webm (960x540, 2.97M)

I have not seen a single clip of this yet that has made me want to watch this garbage.

Bad drug trip.

Kid overdosed.

Robo Rabbit pretty much summarizes my response to all that

Shoulda called the series Sex, Cats, and Monsters

>9 posts
This is the best show we’ve had in a long time.
AND you can jerk off to it. So why isn’t there more talk?
1/10

2/10

3/10
>sucker of souls
4/10
>alternate histories
>the dump
>the witness
5/10
>helping hand
>when the yogurt took over
>suits
6/10
>three robots
7/10
>sonnie’s edge
>ice age
8/10
>blindspot
>fish night
>lucky 13
9/10
>beyond the aquila rift
>good hunting
>shape-shifters
>the secret war
10/10
>zima blue

I'm only two segments in and we've already got "stronk womyn > rapist toxic masculinity" and "God is a joke/global warming".

I didn't think I'd need to bust out the Netflix original BINGO card, but it's looking that way.

Will the next segment push interracial couples, homosexuality, trannies, or how all white males are evil?

They really put the two most heavyhanded ones at the start, no worries. Honestly one off jokes aside 3 Robots was chill but it gets way better.

>the absolute fucking STATE of /pol/cels
You are aware that in ten years you will be unable to enjoy anything right? It’s only gonna get worse from here.

Attached: F73E542E-C02B-4A41-84C9-809A782EE7B2.gif (460x258, 956K)

>sucker of souls 3/10
>shape-shifters 9/10

Attached: tfw.jpg (720x424, 102K)

We live in a world where 2 men are celebrated as part of the Top 5 Female Directors for The Matrix series, sooooooo it's already too late.

>Best teir
>Zima Blue, Aquilia Rift, Helping Hand.
Damn fine acting and visuals on both, and the story was great all around. I think Zima had the more philosophical story to it, but Rift's art was so damn mindblowingly gorgeous I couldn't help but love it. Helping Hand, meanwhile, was the unexpectly brutal yet endearing standout of the bunch.
>Great tier.
>Shape Shoplifters, Secret War, Suits, Yogurt, Lucky 13.
My only complaint with the first two is when you think about it they're rather similar, but Suits was the surprise hit for me. Yogurt was weirdly simple but funny. Lucky 13 had the most surprising heart to it, and really made me endeared in a spaceship.
>Good tier.
>Alternate histories, Sucker of Souls, Ice Age, Good Hunting
I wasn't bored during any of these, but at the same time I wasn't super engaged.
>Could've been better teir
>the witness, blindspot, sonnie’s edge
The first one was interesting but stretched waaayyyyyy past the point of needing it, a big chunk cut off wouldn't have hurt a thing. Blindspot felt way too much like an intro cutscene for an Overwatch clone and Sonnie's Edge had way too many problems with the story and world, but didn't overshadow it's damn fine monster-fight action. They weren't bad, but could've easily been improved.
>Eh teir.
>Night Fish
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful, but that was just kinda eh.
>The Dump tier
Why the fuck

>I SAID THE WORDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
fuck off, tranny

I don't really get the hype around Aquilia Rift, it being animated was pointless and there's been about a billion lotus eater machine stories.

Is any of this cyberpunk, if not, I will pass.

>it being animated was pointless

If it hadn't, the characters radical body transformations wouldn't have worked, he would've had that natural jarringness when put in the final set piece, and he wouldn't have been in the same 'world' as the spider.

It's hard to look real 'enough' but also not so hyper realistic it is jarring put side by side with stuff that's obviously CGI, like the webbed spacestation.

The Dump really didn't need to give us that much bare old man ass and dangling testicles.

is your fault for getting triggered by everything.

The Witness... kinda.

They could have had the fake world be real life actors.

I can see what you're going for, but I'm worried switching to full CGI emaciated bodies after that would be more jarring. Like the idea of the 'real' actors being fake and the CGI being 'reality' though, I just don't think it would work in this context.

The next one is about a stripper getting murdered by a man, but then the stripper murders the man... actually I think it might actually be about a drug overdose...?

But after that you get two in a row with heroic bearded caucasian heterosexuals, so I suggest you stick with it.

I dunno I thought the emaciated body looked like shit anyway.

Imagine if every Netflix original series featured the protagonist wearing a MAGA hat and after the 100th occurrence, you mention it's getting obvious and stupid that Netflix is pushing an agenda and than idiots roll their eyes at you "getting triggered over everything".

I mean I would probably just not watch 100 things I don't like?

Sounds like it will check off "The Honorable Slut".

Attached: netflixbingo.jpg (837x831, 207K)

Well, they wouldn't be wearing it on the thumbnail or trailer of course.

I imagine you run into that problem when literally anything other than a straight white guy looks the same to you...

the witness was 1/10 there was nothing there
>that thing you thougt was a time loop, was a time loop all along;

More like Kino Blue.

Attached: Zima_Blue.jpg (1600x802, 95K)

That's not applicable to this since you can tell exactly what kind of character Sonnie is from the thumbnail.

If you really cared you'd promote things you actually like instead of complaining about everything you don't like instead.

>when you're too young to remember the pendulum changing direction

Lolno. She witnesses a murder, calls 911 but abandons the call before telling them anything, then runs to her pimp for protection, then abandons *him* when she finds he's passed out on a drug binge, runs through the street mostly naked, and then shoots a man who keeps saying he just wants to talk. Then probably gets murdered because I think it's a time loop? Maybe?

There's nothing to indicate she's honorable. All we know really is she's a prostitute/stripper and running away from someone she saw kill someone.

Robo-nigger?

>That's not applicable to this since you can tell exactly what kind of character Sonnie is from the thumbnail.

My Netflix thumbnail is the sex scene between two white characters, or sometimes Sophies monster all by itself

did the people from the Hollow animaed this episode? even if they did just the character design, they did a much better work

Attached: lips.jpg (1459x705, 165K)

For the episode, retard.

Literally in this case.

So strong. So brave. Dealing with that man's toxic masculinity with such an empowering career, owning her sexuality.

>Netflix
>SJW "wymmyn strunk" garbage
Fuck right off.

>resorting to just making shit up now
Just stick to crying about Sonnie's Edge

>literally the third episode is redneck kino about white farmers protecting their homesteads from alien invaders with home made mecha
Your loss

Attached: suits.jpg (1777x999, 126K)

I think the feeling would be strongere if lost just her legs instead of her whole body

I'm pretty sure it was Titmouse and that was adult Julie.

Attached: static1.squarespace.com.png (1500x841, 935K)

>saying you'd go straight to the chapter selection and not just hitting play on the main thumbnail from the Netflix homepage
>thinking even the thumbnail in question would clue you in on the "stronk womyn" endlessness.

What guy with a robot fetish would stop at the legs.

That is not even sort of the point or tone of the episode. Nothing about her is intended to look remotely cool or aspirational. She is in no way empowered or owning anything, and spends literally the entire episode panicking and being emotional. Her life is clearly shit and honestly, you start to feel like getting murdered is the best thing that could happen to her. Trust me, you'll love it.

I seriously don't think it'll trigger you again until you get to Good Hunting, which portrays the English colonization of Hong Kong as a negative.

>tfw no Blindspot game
They even have a justification for a respawn mechanic. Also the rookie was CUTE! CUTE!

>just making shit up now
That's exactly what I was doing. Mimicking the feminist garbage fires who twist degeneracy into something to be celebrated.

That's actually the fourth episode, you forgot The Witness.

I wish I could, too.

Okay well enjoy your larp about something you clearly have no interest in actually watching you filthy casual.

Are they illegal alien invaders from Planet Wetback?

If you want to abstract that from the story you're free to I guess

>implying Mexican based aliens would ever be smart enough to master interplanetary travel

I am confused about the Sonnie's story. If Sonnie was the beast the entire time then why did she care about getting laid with the girl in the first place.

Well, they do break through a literal wall to literally devour everything in their path, menace an american family that's just trying to earn a living, threaten an innocent woman in her own home, and then get 2nd Amendment'd straight to hell. So... kinda yeah.

I mean, the last 5 seconds do sort of imply that we might be the invaders on their planet, but it's super vague.

That one will let us check off the "interracial couple" box on the Bingo card.

We see from the guy that at least some amount of sensation carries over when a person controls a beast. It's therefor logical to assume that the reverse also occurs.

Also it was hot.

better question, did the monsters invaded the planet or the farmers are there to colonize the planet full lizards from hell? either way those farmers have balls

>using a single bingo card for an entire anthology series
Christ you babies would shit your pants if the original Star Trek came out today calling it progressive and SJW despite being 50+ years old.

I was going to say she could still feel it but I rewatched it and apparently that's not the case, she's wholly not in the bio-parts puppet. So, furthering the misdirection for the reveal? Wanting to watch herself fuck something? I guess because the creators wanted lesbian sex. Bigger concern is that the monster apparently shrank between the fight and the finale.

He doesn't seem that bothered having his arm ripped off, so it can't be that connected.

Invasion makes the most sense when you realize if it was the second part, they could've just blown the fuckers to kingdom come long before putting their ranches down.

>STR vs DEX

Attached: 1532479165079.jpg (1920x1080, 305K)

Because shes a badass tattooed hacker fighter chick with a dark past who hates men. There is 0% chance she doesn't want to suck pus.

Ah, that actually sounds pretty...
>RACE MIXING LOLOL
(sigh) Oh, Netflix originals...

Do you ever find it weird looking back on 50+ year old shows, pointing to them and saying 'look, see? Our thing is the same, you can't handle progress!'

>(sigh)
What a faggot

If that blonde didn't "backstab" her, that would have gotten awkward....

Attached: donotfist.jpg (780x585, 47K)

Who knows?

SUITS deserves a whole series and/or a video game. I want to know more about this world.

So what's the count on Robo-Trannies?
Is is a Netflix original after all.

Attached: 1533708961231.jpg (1920x1080, 296K)

However many will result in you not watching it and going back to a MCU/DCEU thread.

what is the point of the yogurt episode? that was rick and morty level of random for no reason

Attached: 1546345434999.jpg (1036x958, 208K)

Honestly at this point I think someone should just start a thread for each story to contain everyone who wants to talk about Sonnie's Edge in one thread.

I think it was intended as a humorous aperitif between the one where monsters eat everyone and the one where the guy is in a simulation but real life seems to be hell.

>some of the worst dialog
>not even the best waifus
>not even the best monsterfu
Why do people want to talk about Sonnie's Edge again?

>I’ll counter his buzzword with my buzzword
Stay mad

It's never even mentioned, it's literally just a background detail. Are you seriously that triggered by it?

I'm surprised you even need to ask. People like that don't actually care, they just want something to feign outrage at.

Making fun of bad stuff is more fun than retreading talks about the good stuff. We could go on and on about the subtle moments in Secret War, the fantastic twist of Zima Blue, or if Spider-Waifu is good or evil again after the 500 post thread.

Or we can laugh at the dumb story that tried to cover up it's dumb with grrrrll power(Can't criticize, that's progress!). Either or.

actual best girl
not even kidding

Attached: yeet.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

I fail to see how retreading that is any better unless you're just a mentally arrested child who likes arguing with people on the internet about things you don't actually care about.

I love these 3 so much. I can watch them look at the ruins of humanity forever.

Attached: three robots.png (564x369, 292K)

They were great, the cat stuff was dumb though.

>Rescues you from drifting in space with no way home
>puts you an a fantasy to put your mind at ease

SHE DID NOTHING WRONG

This. She's doing god's work.

When the other monster pinned "her" to the wall and shoved his "knife" in, I think everyone in my room collectively rolled their eyes at the "subtly".

This beast Wars reboot sure is something.

Good Hunt was cool but I would have rather it gone just clockpunk instead of steampunk.

Yet, it's required by Netflix original law. Which is awkward in itself.

Attached: robotsijoi1klf.jpg (1800x1077, 707K)

beast wars with that animation would be dope

WHY DA BLACK BOT GOTTA BE THE ONE WID DA BASKETBALL?
DATS RACIST!

>I fail to see how retreading that is any better
Because there's always more to find and laugh at with stupid stories like that. That's the joy of stupid stories, they always have more to find just when you think its done!

>you're just a mentally arrested child who likes arguing with people
If your response to making fun of a bad story is that you must argue with them about it and think of them as a child while doing so, maybe the problem might be with you? Nah, you're too smart for that, aren't you?

>about things you don't actually care about.
We care enough to laugh at the Rich Businessman hilariously apparently bribing the referees to allow arm blades that can only be revealed when you rip off a limb, but not just a lot of blades on his arms like the chunks that popped out, but yeah further than that who cares? It's a bad story with bad characters, laugh with us!

Oh you're one of the autists from the other thread. Please don't reply to me ever again.

Can I reply to your son?

I love how everyone freaked out about the arm blade thing being so big a deal, but then immediately she just shoved her whole fucking head past his rocky skin thanks to the very obviously sharp blades on her face.

>rescues you
Nigger shes kidnaps them.

Attached: ZIMA BLUE.jpg (1280x1196, 336K)

Ehhh, she might, she might also just catch you when your teleport fucks up. Either way I'm not sure what she plans to do but just keep you alive as long as possible.

Bottom of the screen, click "Catalog" bitch, off you go.

undertale fags been trying to uncover sans origin for a long time, little did they knew

Attached: teabag machine.jpg (1920x1080, 226K)

Attached: 1537562578513.webm (1066x600, 2.9M)

source?

Okay, someone brought up last thread that it's possible she doesn't have food compatible with humans. My question, however, is this.

What the fuck does SHE eat in this case? Read between the lines people!

I consider it's one of the few where realistic CGI actually is the best suited, as it allow a better integration of Spider Waifu. The realistic CGI make her true form much more palatable, but had it been real actor with CGI spider, the Spider would have felt off, not really part of the same world as the man. As they are both CGI, you don't question at all they are part of the same world, they look as real as each other.

It's one of the few occasion where I consider realistic CGI to be the best artistic choice.

Attached: Beyond The Aquila Rift.jpg (760x596, 110K)

Stock-rich-Asshole was amazing for so many reasons. They didn't even try to distinguish him, he didn't even say anything when sassy black friend spouted exposition at him, he's just doing it because. I want to see him come back half eaten in his own creature body just to fight her.

telepatic spider lady? if she was planning to eat them she coud had just keep them in a coma, or just reset the fantasy when they start to freak out. she was going through too many troubles if she was just going to eat them

I don't think you're supposed to think about it that much. The guy probably wouldn't even be able to sit up on his own while that emaciated.

>if she was planning to eat them she coud had just keep them in a coma,

It seems like she can only do that for so long before they break out, when the other crew member woke up she started to break out.

>or just reset the fantasy when they start to freak out.
She did though.

Go full cheese, have him walk in with a giant blade popping out of his crotch, not like they're very subtle in this.

No, I don't think she does. my take on it is that she is like a child who found a bird that has fallen out of its nest and dont't know how to take care of it but is really willing to.

>Because there's always more to find and laugh at with stupid stories like that.
It was actually an fine story. liked the twist at the end.

I don't think it's food issue, it's simply muscle atrophy due to lack of movement and that they turn crazy when they see her real form, so the best choice is to put them in sleep even if it means their muscle wither.

>this poor creatures only have 4 limbs, they must not be very developed. I will take care of you, I have nothing for you to eat, the least I can do is fill your last moments with joy.
on a side note, didnt rick and morty do the telepathic spider thing?

>It was actually an fine story.
Kay, not gonna argue you about that.

>liked the twist at the end.
That's one of the funniest parts, you realize that the whole story tried it's best to make it seem like nothing really was at stake for the fight, like if she lost she'd just be like "Aw shucks" and cry a bit, then it turns out this whole time we were supposed to be way more invested in this monster. I know timing is an art, but damn! You wait until that monster has zero threats to reveal it could be hurt? Come on!

I feel like if you're some kind of deep space traveler/colonist you should have training for dealing with things like giant psychic spiders. I would have liked to have seen a cute alternate ending where he got along with her outside of the fantasy.

We see her do both those things tho.

Since I feel like the morality of the spider goddess has been argued in multiple threads heres another question for you.
Does the Archangel purposely send crews to her?

my point was, she wouldnt be doing those thing if she was simply planning to eat them

>He was actually screaming in utter joy, because he waited his whole life to finally meet a spider-alien-waifu
>She misunderstood him and put him back to sleep with his mind wiped, just before he rushed over there to hug her and make her finally feel loved.

The darkest tragedy of our time.

Why not? She could be lonely since its possible shes been there a really long fucking time and is delusional to think that maybe one of them could be her husbano but they all end up the same.
Also she could just be playing with her food.

Wasn't the Archangel off course and not where they were going? She pulled this girl from his memories, they weren't going to them.

Presiden Trump warned us about psychic spiders and we all laughed, when the spider arrived on our moon no one noticed, if only we had an space force

>That's one of the funniest parts, you realize that the whole story tried it's best to make it seem like nothing really was at stake for the fight,
That's false. They clearly established that it was important for her to win. The competition is at stake. do you even into sport stories ? It's a competition, whether she win or lose is what is a stake.

>I know timing is an art, but damn! You wait until that monster has zero threats to reveal it could be hurt? Come on!
You are aware that she will keep competing after this. her life will always been in danger. You are not really good at pointing flaws.

>have nothing for you to eat
I think she has food, but as she maintain them in slumber so they don't turn crazy at her sight, there is muscle atrophy.

Wot if ya vagina woz an iphone, menatal innit?

Attached: _98967641_brooker_bbc[1].jpg (660x371, 29K)

>didnt rick and morty do the telepathic spider thing?
It's not a super unique idea. I'm sure Alastair Reynolds is familiar with any number of lotus eater stories and wanted to do a subversion of it where it's more ambiguous rather than being outright bad.

My favorite one is the Magnetic Rose segment of Memories where it combines a lotus eater machine with a victorian gothic romance haunted mansion/opera hall being investigated by space junkers.

Attached: mr3.png (500x319, 160K)

>hey clearly established that it was important for her to win.
But like, as a person, not as in something bad would happen if she lost. Like she wouldn't lose the money for the orphanage or something, even sports movies put stuff at stake besides 'winning'. Those movies are usually not the undefeated and in fact the mostly defeated because that's how tension works, but that's a whole other bag of worms. Point is, for 99% of the story, if she lost she would just be a little sad and that's it. Then whammo! "What we meant to say was our main character would die! Not now, she's fine now, but she could've been killed!"

>You are aware that she will keep competing after this.
That's also hilarious because now the audience is like "Well, shit! I don't want her to die now!" and then the short just cuts off and its like "Oh okay, I guess she makes it out. Or doesn't. Who knows?" Then just before you can think about it, you get robots being quirky and all humans are dead. Netflix knew what it was doing and it is glorious.

>You are not really good at pointing flaws.
Guess not? Oh well! Let's make fun of it instead.

>Then just before you can think about it, you get robots being quirky and all humans are dead.

I know it's a meme at this point for interconnected universes and all that, but I would have died laughing if at the end of 3 Robots SoZilla just walks by in the background. Don't even bring attention to it, don't mention it, she's just there.

I know, it's better they're all their own thing, I'm just being silly.

Eh, could've been cool. A russian character with a similar name from Secret War appearing in Shapeshifters, Rift referencing some war going on like in 13, little things. Agreed they were better apart, just would've been fun.

It makes me wonder, if you've got the option to become a goddamn monster with a brain transplant, how many people made the plunge already? Is it the Monster fighting equivalent of steroid abuse?

Well no, because you're not Godzilla fighting regular people, you're Godzillafighting other Godzillas.

The one thing the short didn't make clear was if these monsters are designed, in which case why wouldn't you just make one with sword arms or something, or if they're actual monsters that exist and all that and we just happen to control them.

>But like, as a person, not as in something bad would happen if she lost.
Yes and ? this is introduced as a sport stories. Winning or losing is important stake. Sorry, but it make no sense for you to discard that. Also, you know very quickly the rich guy will go after her if she win, so tere is that in plus.
>Like she wouldn't lose the money for the orphanage or something,
Not everything need to be spelled out. It's quite clear that they are running on a low budget and any defeat would mean they are out of the competition.
>Those movies are usually not the undefeated
Winning a lot means you meet stronger and stronger opponents. Do you even sports.
> Point is, for 99% of the story, if she lost she would just be a little sad and that's it.
Like I already said, that is not a valid point. In sport story the whole point is winning. Discarding it is discarding most sport stories existing.
>Then whammo! "What we meant to say was our main character would die! Not now, she's fine now, but she could've been killed!"
Again, you akeep ignoring the point she will rise her life in every coming fight too. Also, between that, there the moment when the blondie pierce her skull.

>That's also hilarious because now the audience is like "Well, shit! I don't want her to die now!" and then the short just cuts off and its like "Oh okay, I guess she makes it out. Or doesn't. Who knows?"
There is nothing hilarious, that's a legitimate way to conclude a short. Also, not every sport story conclude with the character having finished their career.

>Let's make fun of it instead.
You are not very good at that either. all you are doing is pointing out thing that have already been explained to you.

Seems like you'd need to eat a lot more food. I'd rather have one of those cool android bodies.

>in which case why wouldn't you just make one with sword arms or something,
There is regulation. we hear that using bones as weapons is against the rule, so I guess you can't make everything as you want with your monsters.

In the story that it's based off of the Monsters are literally grown. In fact it's one of the reasons that they even fight the fuckers for money. Keeping one of them alive and repairs is basically like owning a sports car that you use in demolition derbies.

>A sports movie written by Rian Johnson

In this case, the short is actually fully coherent, so I would say no.

>Winning or losing is important stake.
Not really? Can you think of any sports movie where winning are losing are the only things at stake? There's gotta be more, cause otherwise well, she'll just be a little mopey for a bit, but she established it's not about the money so she'll be fine. It'd be nice to win, but ultimately she's fine and nobody will suffer for it if she loses.

>Sorry, but it make no sense for you to discard that.
I'm not discarding it, it's just not a very big reason to be worried or have tension.

>the rich guy will go after her if she win, so tere is that in plus.
So am I supposed to hope she loses? Then she's lost nothing but a little pride and the guy doesn't come after her.

>It's quite clear that they are running on a low budget and any defeat would mean they are out of the competition.
Funny you say that when they spell out it's not about the money and then show off they're fine financially. So they lose and leave. Well, that's... sports?

>Winning a lot means you meet stronger and stronger opponents.
Or not. I mean, someone has to fight the best guy in a tournament.

>Like I already said, that is not a valid point.
Oh well, if you said it, then "This is a sports movie" must change that! Like Rocky, where the only important thing was win-wait. Hey, what about Angels in the Outfield, where-oh right. Well, of course, there's that classic The Bad News Bears, where-oh no. Noticing a trend? It's a valid point for a sports movie and a regular movie, two for one!

>In sport story the whole point is winning.
Because X is on the line, and X is usually not 'They'll feel bad if they lose'. For good reason, that's a dumb X.

> you akeep ignoring the point she will rise her life in every coming fight too.
Because the shorts over. We're past the point where we're worried and the world is closed to us. Rocky 1 didn't end on a cliffhanger that Drago was coming and then never shot it.

>You are not very good at that either.
Aw shucks.

>You thought there would be something at stake?
>SUBVERTED!
>I mean there is something at stake!
>SUBVERTED
>And lesbians!
>SUBVERTED!
>But the lesbian is evil!
>SUBVERTED
>And final twist where the white guy dies!

Slap in a strong independent woman with funny colored hair who's really annoying and perfect!

Yeah the fact that most of those things are hastily jammed in there just so they could be subverted is a pretty Rian move.

>Or not. I mean, someone has to fight the best guy in a tournament.

Yeah that's one thing the short didn't make clear, are they in a tournament or just random matches? They went on and on about her 17 wins, but does that mean there's a couple more rounds to go? Was this the final battle for the season and that's why the rich guy was so desperate to have his guy win? I don't need everything spelled out or anything but it seemed like this was just glorified fight club.

this one was so fucking boring, it was way too long for what they had in ming. Also Fuck that snoybeard "I'm totally a buff lumberjack with my epic beard" self insert. Every.fucking.time.

>Not really? Can you think of any sports movie where winning are losing are the only things at stake?
Almost every damn one of them. Go watch Ippo, if only the first season.
> There's gotta be more, cause otherwise well, she'll just be a little mopey for a bit
It's quite suggested that they are low on cash (as the rich fuck try to buy them), so any loss might mean they are out of the game.
Sorry, but this is not a legit complain. in a sport Story winning or losing IS an essential stake.
>So am I supposed to hope she loses?
Do you have brain damage ? How difficult is it to understand that it's important she win but even so, she will not be out of the wood ?

>Funny you say that when they spell out it's not about the money and then show off they're fine financially.
theyactually don't spell out they are fine financially. And if they were fluent, he wouldn't try to buy them.

> So they lose and leave. Well, that's... sports?
Yes user, winning or losing is important in a story about competition.

>Or not. I mean, someone has to fight the best guy in a tournament.
It's quite clear she still isn't at the top.

>Like Rocky, where the only important thing was win-wait.
In Rocky it was important to show what he was worth, which, guess what is also the established motivation, there. stop acting in bad faith, please.

>Because X is on the line, and X is usually not
Wrong, in most of Rocky sory, what is a t stake is literally the competition itself. Rocky isn't going to lose his hom if he lose. what matter is that he show what he is got, to prove himself. Sport stories.

>Because the shorts over. We're past the point where we're worried and the world is closed to us. Rocky 1 didn't end on a cliffhanger that Drago was coming and then never shot it.
Rocky 1 literally ended up with people wondering if Rocky could get his revenge and win. Very bad example. a sotry ending doesn't mean you stop caring about the character.

>trannies are a buzzword because I couldn't even defend myself from my own conditioned slave mind that just bark words on demand.
This is reaching terminal embarrassment.

Actually it was directed by Robert Valley, who's done some animation work for Gorillaz, was the lead art director of Tron: Uprising, and the character designer for Motor City.

usually, boxing compeition have a ranking system with those getting to the top get to fight the champion, with no need for tournament. There isn't really a difference whether or not she is in a tournament.

Unironically, a better twist for Sonnie's Edge would be if the old guy was the robot and the blonde was controlling everything from the shadows under the guise of being some rich old guy's arm candy.

>what if we said mundane things in complicated ways LMAO
it had good ideas here and there but damn does that get old fast.

>Was this the final battle
I think it was just a regular battle. crooking the game can already happen at that level.

>stronk womyn > rapist toxic masculinity
Are you implying women should be weak and rape is ok? I'm not following you...

>Also Fuck that snoybeard "I'm totally a buff lumberjack with my epic beard" self insert. Every.fucking.time.
user, I think you might have serious issue. You have reached a point when even if there is a strong white cis het male protagonist being presented positively, you still see it as sjw propaganda. I think it's time for you to start to worry.

rent free

>lumberjack
he is a farmer, user.

I really hate that we can't discuss things here without people intentionally/unintentionally/ironically nosediving the thread into this sort of bullshit.

Attached: 1541281255221.png (1905x941, 2.3M)

>Almost every damn one of them.
I actually listed a shitload and this is pointedly not true. Vast majority of them have something else very important is at stake.

>Go watch Ippo,
"What does it mean to be strong", motherfucker.

>as the rich fuck try to buy them
With more than they can make in the entire... tournament? Round? He actually suggests 'in their entire career' so that's not clear, point is he's not bribing them with a lot, he's bribing them with more than they can possibly make. It's the opposite of suggesting they're low on cash, otherwise he could lowball them.

> in a sport Story winning or losing IS an essential stake.
You keep saying this, I keep saying 'that's not a very important stake because it doesn't really mean much', I don't know how we can meet here. There's just nothing important to me about 'mopey girl who's fine financially because she lost a match'.

>don't spell out they are fine financially.
They very much do by showing their awesome setup and spelling out 'it's not for the money'. Even if you assumed the former could be wiggled, latter showed money=don't matter.

>he wouldn't try to buy them.
With more than their entire career will make?

>It's quite clear she still isn't at the top.
It's not. Nobody suggested anything like that.

>, guess what is also the established motivation
And didn't matter at all if he won or not, because he didn't. Stop forgetting classic movies.

>literally the competition itself.
Exactly! First movie anyway, all the others had different stakes. But first movie, nobody cared if he won or lost, obviously, because winning or losing without something on the line isn't an important stake. Maybe he would win later, but that story was over even though he lost. You proved my point, you fool.

First one was cool for the monster fight. But not the stronk wymyn thing, i dont wanna keep going

ok bye

Good news! We get way better female characters after that fuckup. Go watch Lucky 13 and enjoy.

So did you guys get closer to bawling from SUITS or from Lucky 13?

I dunno, I think they should've had the opponent be one of the guys who attacked her or something, make it personal, you know? For Rocky this was a BIG thing, this wasn't just a fight for him, this was a once in a lifetime do or die this is your only shot in the whole world you fucking bum to make something of yourself. Those are pretty big stakes just to not fuck up. Winning or losing didn't matter, he just couldn't look like a punk. Sonnie didn't really have that. We learn at the end she's in danger, but I'm talking about in the fight, in the big event. She didn't have that umf needed to push her into giving it her all territory. They tried with the backstory but that just kinda came off like a random character generator. At least have the guy recognize her and make those same jokes. I know it would come off just as anvilicious but they already have a Angry White Businessman Who Hates The Protagonist. It's not like they're going for high concept writing here.

Jake was my bro.

13, she was a good ship and deserved better

I find it funny that THREE completely unrelated shorts used the exact same 'hero blows themselves up to destroy a hoard of monstrous opponents'.

OP here.

Really proud of you guys for not going full apeshit after Sonnie's Edge was discussed and done with, unlike my post in the other thread.

Attached: IMG_3786.jpg (750x597, 44K)

>this was a once in a lifetime do or die t

There is nothing not funny about that in hindsight.

Fuck both of them, I felt more sad for the robot in Zima Blue.

Why? He's achieved more happiness than we will ever know.

Which story?

Sonnie was a horrendously poor choice for the first episode. I'm about 2/3 of the way through the episodes, and there hasn't been anything nearly as bad as that since then.

There's a weird dystopian past episode about a Chinese demon hunter learning to make robots and fucking a fox girl, and it's every bit as much STUPID HORNY EVIL SOULLESS ROUND EYE stereotype as you could imagine.

But, man, FUCK Sonnie's Edge. That was a Netflix bingo card all by itself.

Bros how do I get a cute stripper asian GF.

Attached: stripper gf.png (507x401, 319K)

Kill her and enter an endless loop of murder

Have a lot of money
This goes for most other things you want to achieve in life

>that one 2d animation about vampire and pussy jokes
where was the love? the death? the robots?

Okay, wait... wait. I haven't finished the series yet, but I just looked at the synopses for the last two episodes:

>17. ALTERNATE HISTORIES TV-MA SuperHD Play Netflix Page Want to see Hitler die in a variety of comically fantastic ways? Now you can. Welcome to Multiversity! 7 minutes Mar 15, 2019

>18. THE SECRET WAR TV-MA SuperHD Play Netflix Page Elite units of the Red Army fight an unholy evil deep in the ancient forests of Siberia. 16 minutes Mar 15, 2019

PLEASE tell me it's not literally PUNCH NAZIS followed by HEROIC COMMUNISTS.

I honestly liked good hunting, and the white people there aren't really made explicitly more evil or mustache - twirley as the antagonists in Edge where. Limeys did actually treat Chinese like shit, so it wasn't as off-putting or annoyingly blatant.

>you see thing brah
>use the word CIS and prove the whole statement to a t.

Speaking of Good Hunt, I love that it was unapologetically racist. It's a full on minstrel show level of racist for white people and it's just so silly you can't help but laugh at it. I don't even think they are racist, they just wanted to be so over the top to get to the point they didn't really think about it.

>PLEASE tell me it's not literally PUNCH NAZIS
Nope, just silly stupid stuff, pretty random and Newgrounds-tier.

>followed by HEROIC COMMUNISTS.
You fucking still your tongue for those brave men.

You would almost think they did it on purpose to get to stop watching

Tip well?

So are they both walking into alternate timelines doing the same stupid shit.

Alternate histories unironically is a youtube skit that somehow made it in the thing, it's not even very political, it's just cheap and kind of lame.

Secret War is fucking kino.

Those commies were the best commies of all I won't tolerate you talking shit about them in MY FUCKING THREAD

Attached: FUCKINGDEAF.png (600x600, 487K)

>, and the white people there aren't really made explicitly more evil or mustache - twirley as the antagonists in Edge where.

They absolutely were.

I watched 5 of the shorts and they're complete garbage. Nothing but spewing profanity in place of actually having dialogue, meaningless unsatisfying gore, and juvenile, uninspired, cliched, derivative writing.

People who think Dex always beats STR are they kind of people that think katanas are the best weapons ever made in every situation

Time is a flat circle

psst. user.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canton–Hong_Kong_strike en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_1966_riots en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_1967_leftist_riots

Watch Zima Blue, it's more your speed

That guy got sliced in half, I'm pretty sure he died.

Jokes on you, I haven’t watched anything new in ages

>I guess because the creators wanted lesbian sex.

Netflix_Original_Series.txt

Guys. A crazy white guy drugged her, raped her, and then literally amputated her entire body to continue raping her as a robot.

That's next level insane evil.

Right? Like, that's comically over the top evil.

And a huge disservice to the story that she killed him first and THEN got transformed into the fox thing.

why the fuck did you (You) me I ain't disagreeing

Attached: aussieabuse.gif (123x136, 87K)

Good hunt was one of those "Made by people so racist against white people it's funny' like Wolf Soldier. Even people who hated Edge didn't seem to care about it, just because it's so bad it's good.

Attached: giphy.gif (320x253, 3.15M)

>Slattern vs Leatherback

Very subtle.
why the fuck my pp hard

Attached: spoon.jpg (1024x768, 78K)

She is best girl and Hank is a lucky man.

Attached: best girl.jpg (3264x1752, 789K)

haha wouldn't it be funny if they just started breeding in the middle of the fight haha

Attached: dog eyes.jpg (640x638, 27K)

Okay, so that one guy posting about snoybeards... which I literally don't even begin to understand as an insult (is it a Sneed thing?) is a hilarious caricature of a human being. But he's honestly not one iota less ridiculously eyerolling than Sonnie's Edge was. The more I look at the plot of that episode, the less it makes sense and works as a cohesive whole.

We have three protagoinsts: nebbish weiner dude and his partner, a bitchy loudmouthed OH NO YOU DI'NT sort, and a quiet too cool for words lesbian hacker grrrl WHO'S REALLY A BADASS MONSTER because she got #METOOed.

We've got two ridiculously evil white men, one who's the literal patriarchy given flesh and one who's leaking toxic masculinity to the point that his monster is a fucking gorilla brute thing. Oh, yeah, there's an evil whore too, but I doubt it's a coincidence that she's every bit the statuesque good little blond WASPy type before she reveals she's really evil.

We've got a last second reveal that absolutely comes too late to impact the plot, completely negates the fact that Sonnie was being seduced, and makes the fact that she's supporting herself in deathmatches where monsters are viscerated regularly absolutely insane. And as that one guy pointed out, this isn't a title match or a last match before the shop is closed or anything. It's literally Match 18 of XXX total.

Also, gonna be fucking fun for the two humans to explain what the Hell happened to the rich asshole and his bimbo when they never back. I'm sure he probably told someone on his staff where he was going. Did SonnieZilla eat the bodies? Are they just gonna get chucked out the window? How about Sonnie's corpse? What's gonna happen to that?

Sorry, Koala. :(

to be fair its also love and death,

this shit's good though, its like a modern heavy metal

Dude, take your meds

Christ, this entire fucking short was made by art school graduates whose sum total of works consist of pictures, photos, and models of their own vaginas.

Also, probably one straight Asian guy named Pak who did the entirety of the CGI work for them.

>when metronome calls xbot a pussy bitch
my sides

You're forgiven this time.

>SEEETHING

Yep, plots rock stupid and the character suck, but someone in there was competent enough to animate a pretty decent fight scene before they forced him to shove in the totally subtle not-rape that ended it in a really dumb way, and he should be commended.

Good on you, nameless person, who made two monsters punch each other!

Sonnie’s Edge, and The Witness are the most but a few of the others are a little cyberpunky sorta

It was a time loop, but it was still a pretty good twist at the end, personally

I think Blindspot was pretty cyberpunk as well

Goddamn this was comfy as fuck. I want an entire series made from this. It felt like I was watching Megas XLR as a kid again.

why the fuck are the only things on paheal right now literal screenshots

If you look at her and the blurry second before the reveal the alien body has a vague human shape to it with the mouth being where a pussy would be thus the whole he fucked it in earlier.

"So then the smaller feminine figure gets stabbed by the larger masculine figure"

> That's pretty phallic imagery you got there
"It's not a penis."

> Why are there tubes-
"It's not a penis!"

> She's getting stabbed by a physically attached sword that has tubes that are moving like they're pumping something into her abdomen
"IT IS NOT A FUCKING EJACULATING PENIS GOD DAMN IT!" [Tantrum at being exposed intensifies]

Attached: ThreeCansOfCoke.jpg (568x622, 143K)

because I cant find this one

underrated

Attached: robofu.png (1366x768, 937K)

she did absolutely nothing

I saw that scene and I was so hyped for slightly horrific but still kinda sexy spider, then she stepped fully out and I felt a little let down, although I could kinda see someone like it
I didn’t see all the titles for them, which one was that?

>black lipstick
>robo waifu

Attached: meteor.jpg (1200x811, 100K)

I think the cgi was appropriate here. Werewolves in Iraq was the most egregious example of just do live action. Men turning into werewolves has been done in live action just as well as it. Hellsing movie did live action werewolf pretty much just as good as that a decade ago. There was no need for that short to me animated.

twitter.com/Killveous/status/1106676213630808065

She drove, and died like a chump. You only like her because of robotittys

Rookie a cute.

Attached: 1.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)

You have ask the creators to do it. Gundam despite being 40 this year dropped the ball with IBO's series finale and Anno's dragging his feet with the 4th Rebuild movie.

i dont think the knife was pumping anything into her, that just looks to be loose sinew swaying from where his arm was ripped off

I am more curious how the female crewmate was able to see through her illusion.

I really liked that short, and I can see where you’re coming from but I don’t think that the small stuff about them (like the teeth slowly coming in, or the bullets going straight through him and the sudden change of his eyes) could have been done so seamlessly if it was LA

>I didn’t see all the titles for them, which one was that?

It's the one where the three not-reploids steal a microchip with not-claptrap. The one is from.

so... exactly how much organics do they have? since they seem to imply they're cyborgs, but they have an awful lot of robotics.

>We've got two ridiculously evil white men, one who's the literal patriarchy given flesh and one who's leaking toxic masculinity to the point that his monster is a fucking gorilla brute thing.

Wasn't the rival "pilot" black?

It might have been something where spiderwaifu was focusing entirely on the captain and let some stuff go with the navigator

i counted a grand total of 11 dicks throughout the series, yet only a couple of barely-detailed vaginas. now i might be gay, but this seems pretty unfair.

They’re entirely robots I think, since they can get backed up and there’s no real blood splattering about

LD+R's best waifu?

Attached: mew2.png (416x380, 328K)

Was she? Was she even IN the illusion? I'm too lazy to go back and check but when we see the real world, wasn't she dead in her pod? I think she was his subconscious telling him something wasn't right.

>yet only a couple of barely-detailed vaginas
other than fox girl? only one i remember seeing clearly

This
It's unironically unfair

Attached: 1548175946324.jpg (367x429, 40K)

You are greatly underestimating cgi. None of those things would be difficult.

I watched it today and already forgot this episode

The best waifu was unquestionably Lucky 13.

there was an uncanny amount of pubes as well

Witness had a couple

Yeah, she attacks Greta yelling that's not Greta can't you seeeeeee.

>wasn't she dead in her pod?
she looked malnourished and dead-ish but so did the guy, kinda hard to tell if she was dead or just in a sort of coma

yeah it's pretty lame. i like mary elizabeth winstead though

The cgi was very good this episode. 70s Show guy and wife looked almost like live action there.

>You are aware that in ten years you will be unable to enjoy anything right?
this implies that they're able to enjoy things now

Go back to your /pol/ shithole, CHUDlord.

Same with Lucky 13. Looked live action at times

>70s Show guy and wife looked almost like live action there
They were

Yeah, the witness ,to me, looked real at times

Yep

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point that /pol/ will never like any piece of entertainment, because they'll always find something to trigger them.

From what I’ve seen, when CGI is put directly onto a subject it always looks off, and If the werewolf fight was going to have to be entirely CGI anyway why not just do the whole thing in it anyway

i'm convinced it was at least partially rotoscoped or something

>completely negates the fact that Sonnie was being seduced
She still was being seduced. Deathmatch beasts with a woman's brain in them can still be lesbians.

I think they're all robotic, and the "blood" we see is just some kind of artificial fluid.

maybe i'm taking them saying that they backup their brains too literally

Yeah I was thinking that but I wasn’t entirely sure

the fabric is suspicious because so far not even full movies do it so well and so much at a time.

I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more variety in animation. Almost everything used typical animation methods outside one rotoscoped short.
No claymation, no stop motion, sand, cut outs, puppets etc.

>claymation
god, imagine an 18-rated aardman short

Aardman is so wholesome I don't know how I'd react.

Yeah, if you're thinking organic brains, I don't think that's what they're going for. They just mean their AI "brain". The implication is that they've done this before, too.

I’ve seen stuff like that, not Aardman specifically but 18+ claymation

Yeah, that Hell and Back movie sucked hard

same. robots and stop motions are so natural together. But there might have been some restriction in the project themes and all. Kinda like so many used bad language for the sake of it, or tits. Kinda feel like they needed it to be "not kid friendly" instead of just "mature"

technically Yea Forums's beloved pussycat IS adult claymation.
Also more technically, Spiderman Elza claymation on youtube often go borderline adult territory too.

Yes I know.

When we see her in the real world, her pod is smashed and she's all skeletony. I think the real person died in the crash, and the one in the vision reacted that way because his subconscious was trying to warn him that something wasn't right.

Maybe. But the pod was smashed and she was a totally different color. Sure looked dead to me.

The first episode is such a waste, woman with a traumatic backstory and that makes her strong. Yawn.

Yeah they should just pushed up Three Robots and The Witness and put Sonnie's Edge somewhere in the middle. Maybe right before Yogurt.

Three robots were kinda bad

It is a waste, and it's an obnoxiously obvious waste, too. It's not just space hacker future dykes and strong womyn. They're all super sexy strong cool scare women who aren't afraid to go out in public with their huge tits on display. It's all so fucking tiresome. I truly believe this was written by someone with a sidecut that's not in the factory default color and weighs at least as much as an average man.

Just watched the first episode, definitely style over substance. But that's fine, we don't have enough stylish shows.

>love death + robots
DEATH

Were you not paying attention? She was strong in her fights because she was actually fighting for her life in every fight because the monster body became her "real" body. She herself said the other shit wasn't important, and that everyone else was grasping at the obvious explanation which was wrong.

First episode should have been spider waifu. It was a perfect mix of sci-fi, anthology show twist, and dark future bordering on outright horror. Also, it wasn't the best by any margin, and it wasn't the worst. The perfect appetizer.

>HEY, HEY, HEY GUYS. GET THIS. YOU SAVED MY BRAIN BY PUTTING IT IN A MONSTER, RIGHT? WELL, INSTEAD OF ME JUST LIVING MY LIFE, HOW ABOUT I FIGHT IN FUCKING DEATHMATCHES FOR THE REST OF IT? AND, GET THIS, THEY'RE DEATHMATCHES WHERE THE CONTESTS ARE LITERALLY DISPOSABLE VIDEO GAME AVATARS. IT'S THE PERFECT PLAN, RIGHT? I'LL TOTALLY RISK MY LIFE EVERY TIME FOR FUCKING A FUCKING COCKFIGHT.

How does it work? Did she lost all her limbs and only her vital organs are felt inside the mechanical body? Or she works differently because she's an spirit? Cause it appear to be made entirerly of gears.

The original short story it was based on was released in 1991, and written by a dude.

guess only her brain remained
steampunk is pretty much magic, even the chinese dude says so so don't think too much

This faggot again.

Attached: 15435342856.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

Yes, user. I'm sure that was a perfectly legal operation and that she can just go live among the humans as a giant eldritch monstrosity with no issues.

Going to go out on limb here and guess she didn't sign up for that

Let's just let him rot this time.

Death
>sonnie’s edge
>The witness
>Sucker of souls
>The dump
>Shape shifters
>Helping hands
>Fish Night
>Alternate histories
>Secret war
Love
>When the yogurt took over
>Beyond the aquila rift
>Ice age
Robots
>Three robots
>Suits
>Good hunting
>Lucky 13
>Zima blue
>Blindspot

Suits had all 3

I think it only works because of her nature and being magic based automata, judging from how he said it was a kind of magic and the incense power source. Probably would have killed a human woman

>Sucker of Souls
>Not Love
Cause I love Gary

>beyond the aquila rift
>love

Attached: 3525246356346.png (675x529, 773K)

And wildly different, for instance, Dicko(Holy shit he actually named him Dicko, THE MAIN VILLAIN IS NAMED DICKO) isn't there at the final scene. He doesn't walk in and taunt her or anything. And, in fact, in an actual twist, it turns out the blonde girl is a member of the gang who cut her up and raped her. That's right, this was a trap FOR HER to come over so she could get some revenge, and the final scene is her about to be killed.

I know this will shock you all, but it looks like needing to cram in more feminism victory against carboard cutout white male villains has made an adaptation worse.

I am actually a femanon, I just found the protagonist's characterization weak. I am aware this is to support a shitty, and obvious twist, but it doesn't make it any less lazy writing.

You ready to see red? Remember that whole "I was cut up and raped by EVIL MEN, MEN LIKE YOU" backstory? Welllll.

>ar. I didn’t get snatched by no gang. I crashed our van. A dumb drifter kid who celebrated a bout win with too much booze. Crunched myself up pretty bad. Jacob and Karran had to shove me in our life-support pod while they patched me up. That’s when we figured it out.

Fred Tatasciore was great as Flynn

yeah sonnie’s edge was bad we all know
can we stop bitching about feminism for a second and talk about the other shorts?

I'm going to copy my waifu to my hard drive and there's nothing you can do to stop me

Attached: 2019-03-16 23_57_48-Netflix.png (351x488, 152K)

Shape-Shifters reminded me of modern Capcom cutscenes, like something out of RE6 or DMCV.

I want her to bully me in bed

Attached: 2019-03-16 23_59_23-Netflix.png (1256x645, 867K)

is he legal?

i have one question about shapeshifters:
why were they barefoot?

Probably pointless for them, plus it's a pain to deal with ripping them open.

I assume so. Don't think they'd let a kid onto such a dangerous robbery. And in any case, he's a robot, so I don't think it matters anyways. With that being said: PORN WHEN?

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

Found it you teasing fuckers panmacmillan.com/authors/peter-f-hamilton/a-second-chance-at-eden/9781509868704#
So in the original story, Dicko was just a guy who wanted them to take a dive like a regular scummy dude, but other than that he actually seemed like he accepted when they turned him down, they also talked a lot more . After the fight he was allegedly mad according to said arm candy, but the only visible thing we see is him 'staring glumly' at the head. He himself didn't make a move, his arm candy attacked her because she had money in that fight too and was angry, that's where Sonnie revealed she wasn't actually hurt or raped by a gang or anything, she crashed her car and had to be put in there to survive, and that's when she got eaten.

Another note, the team in this version was on the brink of financial troubles, he only offered her the amount of a single win plus some goodies and they admitted they needed money, so her losing was a big deal even before we knew the truth. Kharnivore doesn't feel pain at all, none of them do and there's no feedback to the controllers. The thing she fought was a pupleish dinosaur, she also killed the other monster by she snapping it's neck with a tentacle.

I'm choosing to ignore the whole feminism stuff, I'm just pointing out differences between the original short and what we saw on screen for discussions sake.

Why didn't he fug her?

Attached: Capture.png (851x771, 543K)

This pic is hot. Just saying.

>she crashed her car and had to be put in there to survive,

Correction, she didn't HAVE to be put in Kharnivore, they realized that would give her 'the edge' to be more competitive.

she didn't have much of a body by the end of it but yeah
the whole time i was expecting some sort of romance but nah

Thanks for the read and the comparison! It's always fun to see the differences. Were any others based on a book?

There can be no purer love than between man and spider-thing

He've been charmed by mother fox, but since she's got her head cut off he's impotent now.

>Were any others based on a book?
aquila rift and zima blue, they're both by the same author
don't know of any other

>aquila rift and zima blue,

>Same guy wrote both of my favorite shorts
>They're so wildly different I never imagined it

Mind motherfucking blown

right?
i wonder how each story differs from the shorts

so, if you fall in love with a fox lady she can hear you fap, and every night she has to show up and suck your dick just so she can sleep? that must be hell

Attached: 1os1V2ZeOdaycNaACkd-DtFfCwhkvXKnYauJFtqmUJ6RCF6glqFL6IxBk5L5U6rD6lxGvDLSmEQohsiXIWI4zRJJQpYuQy9Sdd_e (1920x1080, 196K)

The spider thing insisted that she didn't do that because she was evil.

But the focus are the mecha farmers, user.

The yogurt one was a pretty basic post-singularity story.

At some point, humans are going to invent something greater than themselves, and whatever it is will leave us behind.

>But the focus are the mecha farmers, user

One of whom dies and both of whom are in love.

Gonna have to go torrent hunting for that one.

>The spider thing insisted that she didn't do that because she was evil
yeah let's just trust the word of a gigantic space spider with telekintic powers

Almost all of them were based on short stories. Maybe even all of them.

Alastair Reynolds, can recommend.

Telepathic, user

What'swrong with you all, people? I haven't seen any falic figure until you pointed in that webm.

The Witness was weird. So it's a time loop in two acts, one where he kills her and one where she kills him? Seems like hell.

Technologically, did they blend it with live action? Seems like it in some shots.

Have read, Zima Blue has a lot more talking between the two main characters, the backstory as a pool cleaner is fleshed out and it's revealed so much got added because the creator would use the protagonist as a 'test bed' for all his new stuff and never strip it down when he was done or take away from it, so more for a variety of things got added, there was also a lot more discussion about philosophy of life and choices, and a lot less time spent on his 'regression/death'.

Oh and the one who built him was a dude, not a black woman

That level reminded me the Megaman X5 trains level and I fucking loved it.

Attached: RMX5-Proto-Train3.png (320x240, 27K)

>First part
Well of course you can't spend that much time on a short, you just have so much more freedom with a written short for dialog and exposition.

>Last line
For fucks sake Netflix, every time.

An user said in the last thread It was made by the same guy who made the character design of Into the Spider verse. that explain why the girl reminded me the old design of Peni, that also explain why comic book special effects were used.

Attached: 1549127867905.jpg (680x740, 89K)

Why is she so perfect.

>Into the Spiderverse
Now that’s funny

Thanks for this. I wish Into the Spiderverse were out on DVD already so I could pirate it

I'm fucking livid.

Stupid granola bullshit about how much realer and truer beings the werewolves were. Same reason all the humans had to be outrageously speciest dicks the whole time.

/r/ing Peni,a little older, as the stripper

I mean the 1080p web version is out

Stories name is same as the episode's title. Sonnie's Edge. It's part of a book called A second chance at Eden.

This is hot. Got any more?

Shit, it is. THANK YOU!!

Have fun

Attached: prowler.jpg (1920x796, 464K)

Okay, after some searching I found Aquila Rift. Here's the big changes, so spoilers if you want to read it yourself and I highly recommend it, it's a riveting read.

>Suzy's fucking dead, she was always dead, the Suzy we see was just there to help ease him into the big realtiy.
>The Spiderwaifu isn't a spiderwaifu,we never see her, only "Stiff antlerlike limbs" in the heart of the station that drums on the veiny stuff that was rather perfectly recreated in the short.
>She's not alone on the planet, there's a LOT besides her.
>There have been other crews that crashed landed and survived, they live on the rock too.
>The spider-waifu didn't live there originally, she was the first to end up wrong.
>They go a LOT more into details as to how this happened. I can see why it was left out as it was a lot of exposition about possible other races, technobabble about the transportation and such. They pretty much figured out where everything went went.
>They were 150 light years out, so it would be 300 years passed if he ever got home.
>Thom had a wife before he left, HE WAS MARRIED, still slept with the spider-waifu-mind.
>Spider-Waifu actually used this to confirm she didn't mean that much to him so she could start moving him on.
>The station is a hive filled with bug creatures
>We don't see him break down or anything, it just cuts to him waking up again, only his wife is there this time 'back home'.

Lots more in the middle, but that's the big stuff. Read it! It's good!

I would watch a series based on this, focusing on this two
Hull Jing 3031
Hull Jing Beyond
Hull Jing Unchained

Nigger, are you serious? There's more weiners in this thing than a fucking Nathan's hotdog stand. Shit, literally the only thing I can remember about the Topher Grace segment is him telling his wife that tower looked like a dick.

You people know that her suddenly acting in fear wasn't because she was having rape flashback, it's because she was getting a fucking knife shoved into her gut. The metaphor is a red herring, it really is just about fighting for survival.

Attached: Weirdo.gif (376x474, 26K)

>>Suzy's fucking dead, she was always dead, the Suzy we see was just there to help ease him into the big realtiy.

Thank fucking god that's finally clear now

Willfully blind.

No you fucking retard. You're supposed to see the metaphor, because it's part of the bait and switch where it's subverted. You're the one willfully ignoring the climax of the story.

Is this fetish show?

It really is just a blatant agenda at this point, isn't it? Like, I don't think anyone's even actively trying to deny it anymore.

Old redneck weiner, werewolf cocks among others

There's definitely a lot of fetishistic elements to some of the shorts. The OP image is from The Witness which draws a lot of inspiration from classic cyberpunk and subversive underground art.

Namecalling is a great debate strategy.

Okay, you tremendous, ignorant faggot moron, let's try this. Do you honestly fucking thing Netflix - FUCKING NETFLIX - is going to pass up a chance to genuinely play the evil patriarchy card? Do you think they - THE PEOPLE WHO BROUGHT YOU BIRD BOX - are going to use RAPE as a fucking RED HERRING?

You gigantic fucking mongoloid. You fucking waterheaded crack baby. THE FUCKING MONKEY STABS HER IN HER FUCKING GUTS WITH A GIANT PHALLUS KNIFE HELD AT DICK LEVEL WHILE HE PROCEEDS TO GRAB THE SIDE OF THE PIT AND SQUEEZE HIS KNUCKLES AND HER THROAT LIKE A BLACK MAN NUTTING IN A FAT WHITE GIRL'S ASS.

Sorry, Rian, there's not fucking subversion here. We are literally meant to see a strong, #brave survivor relive her trauma only to BEAT THE PATRIARCHY YAAS QUEEN SLAY. The show fucking opens up with the blonde cunt literally saying EVERY TIME SHE GOES IN THERE SHE'S BEATING HER RAPISTS.

AND THEN SHE FUCKING GOES IN THE CAGE AND BEATS HER FUCKING RAPIST HOLY SHIT IF YOU DON'T GET THIS YOU SHOULD PUT A GUN UP YOUR ASSHOLE AND BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT BECAUSE YOUR HEAD IS GENUINELY UP YOUR FUCKING DOWNSY BUTTHOLE.

Pretty sure Mr Netflix didn't write the story.

>Namecalling is a great debate strategy.
No it isn't you fucking idiot. How fucking dumb are you, drooling brainlet?

First, you apparently aren't even aware of what Netflix is, and instead think they're a production studio. Second, again, the point that you're apparently blinding yourself to no matter how many times I point this out, yes, you're supposed to think that's what's going on. Then, the main character takes a moment to lay out, in plain English (which somehow is still too complicated for you), that no, she's not in there fighting her rapists. The rape was just a thing in her past, and not a driving motivation for her, that her friends are the ones who fill in that gap because they can't see past it.

Then, the big reveal that's literally a fucking plot point, that she wins not because she's an angry rape survivor out for vengeance or something stupid, but because she's in there literally fighting for survival.

Jesus Christ you're thick.

>LIKE A BLACK MAN NUTTING IN A FAT WHITE GIRL'S ASS.
Uhh

What is this from?

Bokku No Pico

The first episode of the show the thread is about.

We are in the second LD+R thread in the cartoon and comics board of the image board called Yea Forums... I don't really know user, We're in a trouble!

The absolute state of saucefags

At least Sonnie's Edge, Zima Blue and Beyond the Aquila Rift were based off of short stories.

According to the short story, Sonnie was never raped at all, rather it was a drunk drifter kid that crashed into her van and wrecked her body that necessitated the brain transplant. Her 'I was gangbanged, now I'll get back at them' spiel at Dicko was actually to throw him off thinking anger is her edge in beastie-baiting, when the real reason was the fear of dying in the ring.

But anyways, how about we all agree to disagree and just say that perhaps the short story subverted the cliche. But the Netflix animators probably played the rape card straight?

>the Netflix animators
Blur Studio isn't owned by Netflix as far as I know

I didn't actually notice the subtext here until everyone in these threads pointed it out.

Attached: Motivation.png (838x688, 39K)

>Suzy's fucking dead
that doesn't explain his Suzy going crazy and pointing out the spider. maybe it's his subconscious kicking in?

is greta a thing in the book? or does spider chick fuck him using some random female image

I thought the dream Suzy was the spider

Yeah, I think dream Suzy was the spider, and it was just slowly trying to make him realize things weren't quite what they were so that he wouldn't just grow content with the fake reality. Seems like she pushed too hard too fast.

So in a way, all the anons here who are ree'ing about any rape subtext's they are deriving from the animation fell for Sonnie's scheme?

>hat doesn't explain his Suzy going crazy and pointing out the spider.

Yes it does, and no it's not his subconscious. "Suzy" isn't freaking out because she realizes it's all a simulation, Thom knows it is by this point in the story, she freaks out because the Spider is using Suzy as a stalling tactic. With her he has a 'thing' to keep working towards while trying to help her understand it's not real, but every time "Suzy" freaks out because there is no Suzy to heal. The Spider outright says that even though he knows it's all fake, he's only "Halfway on his journey", and that helping other crew members understand their situation was a big help in they themselves understanding the new situation they're in. Immediately after figuring out on his own she and Ray are dead, he asks to see the real world, cue wakeup and instantly being put back in with his wife.

>is greta a thing in the book?

Yes, and most of the dialog is similar, the only difference is he's not married in the short and "Greta' is a lot less emotional and touching at the end, she's rather blunt with a lot of it come the finale and kind of cold.

The Spider wants him to wake up, he just needs to be ready for it.

This makes me want a video game that's one part Harvest Moon to one part Starship Troopers where you inherit a homestead on a distant alien world, make friends with the locals, marry a nice girl, raise a family, and pilot a bitchin' mech to defend what's yours in between tending fields and livestock.

So Stardew Valley but Mecha stuff instead of the adventure cave.

Anyone know if there are plans for another season?

why not leave him in perpetual simulation though? i get that in the book there's other survivors but still. i'd rather stay dreaming than have to live with some random smelly people on a lost rock with lovecraftian monsters

what do suzy and ray die of in the book? is it mentioned?

sauce?

Beyond the Aquila Rift episode.

Too early to know for sure I think, but usually Netflix is pretty quick to announce that stuff in advance.

Now why the fuck can't you faggots just say that earlier

It's assumed that people in the thread discussing the show will have already watched it.

Thats stupid

Fuck... that actually makes a lot of sense.

That's the joke you moron.

What?

Their pods, and the others, were destroyed in the crash. His was the only survivor due to an extreme stroke of luck involving his placement and ventilation.

>uploaded from an iPhone
>retards still respond

>why not leave him in perpetual simulation though? i get that in the book there's other survivors but still. i'd rather stay dreaming than have to live with some random smelly people on a lost rock with lovecraftian monsters
It's implied she does at the end, in both the short and the book. The book, more so, because it implies she made him pretend that he went home and gave him a "happy ending". And that was the only way to end this. In the book he figured out he was in simulation pretty fast, or at least was close enough she just admitted it. He wanted to wake up and immediately demanded so the instant he knew that Susie was dead.

This! A thousand times this!!!

(Harvest Moon + Armored Core)*Starcraft/Starship Troopers=The Meaning of Life!

>he just needs to be ready for it.
Why did she just tell him what he'd see out of the simulation before dropping it all on him?
Seriously a simple hey I'm a spider alien so brace yourself for that would make the shock less bad.

because it's a work of fiction and not real life, user
the twist wouldn't work the same

Why didn't Morpheus say "The Matrix is a computer simulation you've been plugged into, and shit is going to get fucky if we unplug you"?

Because it's for the benefit of the audience.

How do you know it's not real? You could be in a spider simulation right now and they added that movie into the simulation as a way to prepare you for waking up.

Because presumably the spiders would know how desperately I want all of this to turn out to be a simulation, how much I would prefer everyone around me to turn out to have been spiders all along, and how little preparation I need to deal with a new spider-centric paradigm?

>You could be in a spider simulation right now
my simulation's fucking shit. no sex and just got fired from my job

The the main reason I think simulation theory is horse shit is because most people live boring unmotivated lives. If you were going to put people in a simulation why wouldn't you make a world where people wouldn't question it.

>right wingers need trigger warnings now
How the tables have turned!

Outrage olympics has always been enjoyed by both sides. Normalfags just can't handle anything that's subversive to whatever their comfort zone is.

It's pretty funny, I've seen people complain about The Witness from both sides. Apparently the protagonist is both a heroic honorable sex worker running from an evil man and also she's just another damsel in distress and her nakedness only exists for the sexual gratification of would be rapists who liked it.

Attached: notpeni.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

God I might rub one out to that episode later. That stripping scene was so hot.

Is she a robot? I can't really tell from the image.

Nah, just a stripper and/or prostitute. It's kind of a weak episode from a story perspective, but pretty cool visually.

the witness would've been better if the creep wasn't some hipster looking basedboy. you can't feel any threat coming from him it's almost like he's following her to apologize or something

no

thread name is edgy as fuck but I like whats going on with the two girls (male) in OP pic.

they're prostitutes/strippers
the episode is not really edgy

Damn. I thought maybe those dark lines I could see on her chest and abdomen were the edges of panels. I love that shit. There's probably nothing for me in this series, is there?

Attached: a56e60dfe7e4f8834f2310d2b58c7ebf.jpg (1200x1200, 114K)

>Lima Blue beloved across all boards

It's a scifi anthology series that changes settings and genre with every ep. The episode before it is a 3 robo pals going on holiday through post apocalyptic ruins and it's pretty great.

Thought it was about men/woman always viewing themselves as the victim when they both hurt each other or some shit.

Magnetic Rose haunted me
It's utterly beautiful

I'm wondering if her brain was probably too damaged to transplant, they said her skull was smashed. Maybe they used the sync technology to upload her mind into the avatar's.

Hey, it's a living.

Attached: It's a living.jpg (640x480, 24K)

>your voice will never be as buttery smooth as Kevin Micheal Richardson
This gave us him and peaness.

1st episode left me wanting more bio-engineered monster-fights.
2nd episode is a game of Engine Heart, and Engine Heart is a creation from /tg/ that I adore and recommend.
3rd episode had some blending of visual styles that was successful in tricking my mind in regards to visual consistency.

Attached: page1-919px-Engine_Heart.pdf.jpg (919x1197, 216K)

>"What does it mean to be strong", motherfucker.
Thank you for telling me I am right. Competition is its own goal in sport movie and you just described its essence.

the same kind of motivation is a stake for Sonnie too. You are not even trying.

Zima Blue would be proud

What is this?

Attached: LDR fox build1.webm (960x540, 2.97M)

god, shut up dumbass

Thanks.
Oh my, I was very wrong.

Cry more, your tears are delicious.

Next has a tranny/homo and then an interracial with a white guy and a slightly black women.

Because he has standard. No hoes for him.

many of those episodes aren't about robots or technology at all. I kinda feel like they named the serie after receiving all project and took a name after watching like, the first 3

>subverted
how gullible and loyal.

>that also explain why comic book special effects were used.
yikes, no. Do people actually believe a professional artist with talent stay in capeshit by genetics or something?

What's with the yogurt one? Feels short as fuck, and completely off theme. Did the studio had a breakdown mid dev or something?

I bet they had a good wank to the New Zealand news recently.

Watching this while Africa by Toto plays in the back ground really changes the vibe.

wtf it actually syncs up really well with the whole scene

Netflix wouldn't allow it unless it checked off something on the social justice bingo card.

stronk robo-womyn AMIRITE?

Animation Team: "So it'll be farmers in mechs, fighting monsters!"
Netflix: "I don't know..."
Animation Team: "Errr...and...the main character is in a mixed race relationship!"
Netflix: "GET TO WORK IMMEDIATELY!"

>"Alright finished"
>"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?"

Well hes not a creeper and hes following her to try and figure shit out because he literally just murdered her.

>It really is just a blatant agenda at this point, isn't it?
No it's not. I think you have used the word agenda so much you don't evenknow what it means.

I means, what's the agenda, there ?
"Raping is bad" ?
"don't con a game" ?
"don't think you can buy people as property" ?

What's to disagree, there ?

That’s white genocide talk, Anonowicz.

If it was limited to that as it's core maybe, but from the very moment they snidely get triggered over a man DARING to call a monster in a glass tank "he" when he would have no fucking way of knowing, there was an underlying layer of a writer working out their issues in this short.

>ywn have a cute and loyal robofu for the rest of your life
why even fucking live bros?

Attached: 1552518860264.png (1054x526, 46K)

>but from the very moment they snidely get triggered over a man DARING to call a monster in a glass tank "he" when he would have no fucking way of knowing,
17streal victory, of the one you want to buy the fight ? by this point, if you don't know the gender of the monster, you are doing it on purpose.
> there was an underlying layer of a writer working out their issues in this short.
Again, zero agenda, creative work IS MADE to express yourself.

Have faith, user. We can make it.

Attached: Fantastic-Voyage-e1493309262853.jpg (499x760, 44K)

it looks like they came in, but the guy does say nobody mentioned the monsters so its possible they build the forcefields after the planet was overrun

also seems more likely the zerg would have portals if they were invading

did you even watch the fucking episode?

muh nature

>woman with a traumatic backstory and that makes her strong. Yawn.
Hero fighting back after he was hit by injustice is a classic trope. Why are so many people upset when it's a woman who i in that trope

>Being this dense

"I want to growl in the face of all the men who believe they can own me..."
"Even though selling myself is exactly what I'm choosing to do."

Attached: foxwhore.jpg (1659x724, 60K)

Based

Lol this, this entire anthology was pretty much the most un-SJW thing in a while with majority of shorts heavily sexualizing woman and tons of crude humor and gore everywhere.

>tried to watch the first episode
>she's so tough because she got raped to pieces, look at her walk on broken glass
>lots of swearing and gore
switched it off, hardasses can't be written or acted by comfy fluffy faggots. Stories by suburban mediocrities give themselves away in minutes.
kind of, i have students who over a few years i've watched grow out of all this unrealistic 'womyn stronk' shit as they learn to take punches and kicks. It's good to see images of victory but bad to expect it.

They gazed too long into the abyss. Now, like the SJWs, they too see meaning and intention everywhere that doesn't actually exist.

Sometimes it's nice to go outside and talk to people and be reminded that the triggered and paranoid are like one percent of one percent of the actual population.

>switched it off,
Why ? What did you not like ? Are you against rape in stories ?

Lately it seems less like the normalfags raising hell than idiots knee deep in the culture shit, especially with how stupid each outburst has been getting lately like MK11 is SJW now.

Seriously this. But outragefags will outragefag. I'm sure someone will try to spin something political about Zima Blue.

>wake up and get a text from female friend asking if there's rape in Love, Death & Robots. Get a link to some twitter-tard she follows tweet about how they had a hard time watching the series because RAPE, VIOLENCE AGAINST ASIAN WOMEN, VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN. WOMEN OBJECTIFIED FOR THE SAKE OF THE MAN'S HERO JOURNEY.

Maybe these people should stick to MCUslice-of-life fan-art where all the Avengers are gay...

They were all different levels of great and watching each episode felt really good.
I hope we see more content like this in the future

Attached: 44908338_290221311595245_341123684380966912_n.png (200x200, 50K)

Maybe you should get better friends.

She's actually pretty chill and doesn't care about I AM STRONG WOMYN, but exposes herself to people who do and it's definitely going to taint watching the series now.

Yeah that shit hit it too hard on the head. The whole

>grips the edge

Had me shaking my head. Was that really needed?

>Was that really needed?
Something doesn't need to be needed to be in a story. IT wasn't an harmful addition either.

pussy

I disliked Sonnies Edge more because she was a shitty "strong female character" than anything else, and thought Colby from Lucky 13 was a better example of a female character in media displaying competency. Were there really any issues in Edge other than that and
>subtly

All talent will be hijacked by video games industry, like usual.
>we showed a penis that mean it's intended for mature audience
>muh game changer
Nothing will change. Just enjoy these shorts for what they are.

Attached: 1548864742753.jpg (750x687, 324K)

Yeah the mecha genre had fallen by the wayside for isekai via roadkill.

I'm surprised no one's complaining about the lesbian large Marge kinda character in Suits.

That's where the money is at, sadly for us it's we simply don't make as much profit.
Imagine if we had half as many high-profile animations as we have AAA games per year.
Only the big animation studios like Pixar, Dreamworks and whatever are making this money and they have a set thematic.

Attached: 1542056303560.png (812x458, 405K)

What's to complain about it. also, anyone know it s a Texan mama stereotype, not not a lesbian large marge.

Am I the only one here that is only interested in fucking these latex cunts?

Attached: 0D2C71FF-DA01-4EB6-A9CB-0475B00B33D2.jpg (292x173, 4K)

I'm sure they'd find something. I don't recall names, but when they were talking about people getting to the bunker they mentioned a woman's name in relation to her. Unless they're a couple of old spinsters who just happen to live together.

I hated how many of those were basically E3 trailers for imaginary games.
Sex didn't bother me when it just "happened" while the shit was going on, but it was embarassing when it was "the point" of a sequence. You can really feel the imaturity of modern animation when the first thing they do when given "the right to be mature" is having their bimbo show her tits on screen and have sex like it's a "dad's gonna FREAK" moment for them.

It's great. Netflix is saving animation. I hope they keep it going.

>hey mentioned a woman's name in relation to her.
There were a gay couple, but they were lipstick lesbians.

So just stories? Do you see more of that world or no?

dumbest sentence posted on this site in 15 years

so you haven't been to Yea Forums, /news/, Yea Forums, /int/, /pol/, /qa/, /k/, /out/, /x/, /qst/, /lgbt/, Yea Forums, /ck/ or /his/ have you?

Are you ok? It isn't healthy to have so much pent up anger.

hot af. Latex is my fetish

Just tell her that person is overreacting, and let her watch for herself. All of them.

>thought she merely lost her legs

>reveals her entire body

>gears under her goddamn face

Attached: 1322161623977.jpg (698x672, 26K)

So she's supposed to be Mexican? I honestly thought she was white.

>that time when Eddie Brock and Ramona Flowers decided to move in together

You are such a slave. A bland, obedient and faithdul slave.Ready to die for massah.

Cringe

Sounds pretty hot.

You got some fetishes going on there, buddy.

Great
>good hunting
>zima blue
>sucker of souls
>3 robots
Mid tier
>suits
>dump
>ice age
>helping hand
Shit
>witness
>secret wars
>alternate history
>shapeshifters
>13
>blindspot
>yogurt
>beyond the rift
>desert fish one

Attached: Kitsune_20A4_original.jpg (2480x3508, 1.02M)

One of the episodes is literally "We need secure boarders and those that cross it should be met with violent force"

Not sure I get all the acclaim for Zima Blue. I mean, it was alright, it was an enjoyable little story, but I'm surprised so many people are declaring it the best of the bunch.

Man even I could figure out people were going to love this because of how "artsy" it seemed. But I do get it. There is beauty in how it ended. I was watching it this morning and thought for some reason that Zima was the last episode and being perfectly fine with that as a closer.

The Secret War? Not so much. What do you all think should have been the final segment?

I mean it was hot but still pretty fucked up.

The secret war was cool. I'd watch a full movie of it

Attached: 1552764517510.png (620x958, 126K)

>this opinion

Attached: 1543762317023.jpg (706x634, 29K)

Because they changed the books killer effective twist, and made the villain from a more nuanced evil in to a cartoon villain specifically for this reason. They made a story worse because politics.

Only ones who want “progress” seem to have an issue with dumbing something down and removing something subversive because it fit their agenda

>They made a story worse because politics.
Not because politic but because it's a short. and you have to go straight to the point.

>I'm sure someone will try to spin something political about Zima Blue.
They changed his creator to a black woman from a dude

>Sonnie's Edge
STRONK WYMMYN EVIL MEN
>Witness
"Ethical slut"
>Suits
Racemixing
>Good Hunting
STRONK WYMMYN EVIL WHITE MEN
>Lucky 13
STRONK WYMMYN
>Alternate Histories
Hitler humiliation

There. If you're triggered by /pol/ shit that badly, here are all the ones to avoid to protect your delicate sensibilities.

>The cat stuff was dumb
Yeah, same.

Oh okay.

So that’s why they ADDED something that put in more time, and REMOVED a speech that added a lot of context, a huge twist and subverted the cliche they’d haphazardly and poorly shoved in? Because they needed to get to the point of adding in a cartoon villain monologue and taking out the not-cartoon-villain monologue?

My personal opinion and not a statement of objective fact:

God tier:
Suits
Lucky 13

Great tier:
Three Robots
Blind Spot

Good Tier:
Secret War
Beyond the Aquila Rift
Good Hunting
Shape Shifters
Sucker of Souls

Meh tier:
Helping Hand
Alternate Histories
Ice Age
When the Yogurt Took Over

3deep5me tier:
Fish Night
Zima Blue

Into the trash it goes tier:
Sonnie's Edgy Bullshit
The Witless
The Dumpster Fire

does liking three robots make me a normie?

>and you have to go straight to the point.

You know what would help getting to that point? removing a super over the top evil white guy from the final scene he wasn't it. Wouldn't that be nice? It would be quicker, more focused on the killer who had her own agenda, and you could even add in a shocking reveal, maybe! Nah, too complex, we want progress, not thinking! Who wants to actually subvert tired tropes? We want the same villain because he fits my agenda!

I dont think its as bad as people make it out to be, its pretty funny for the most part.
I think its the ending monologue that turns a lot people off.

>Secret war
>Best one
I can't argue with this one.

>they ADDED something
They didn't add anything. The rape thing is in the OG story.

Actually the rich guy was already in the sotry and making the girl the actual real villain would have added and made the story more complex than it needed to be.

And I actually liked the Honey pot twist.

>The rape thing is in the OG story.
Dicko being in the finale monloging at her is not. He's gone after the fight.

>would have added and made the story more complex than it needed to be.
She's there at the start and says one line, paraphrased
>You think he was the only one who had money riding on that!? You just needed to take a dive!
And bam, done, an ACTUAL twist because you thought it was going to be the cartoon businessman, but nope! Arm candy had her own agenda and everything. Wow, what a subversion that fits the story and-
TOO COMPLEX! Let's regress to rich white cliche because we're 'progressives!'

>The rape thing is in the OG story.

Rich guy isn't, but this is

>I didn’t get snatched by no gang. I crashed our van. A dumb drifter kid who celebrated a bout win with too much booze. Crunched myself up pretty bad. Jacob and Karran had to shove me in our life-support pod while they patched me up. That’s when we figured it out.

Can't imagine that would have taken much time, but hey, getting to the point is making stuff stupid because they're shitty writers who can't even make a good story out of a good short story.

Are you seriously that hung up over it because it was a rich white man? How about if it was a rich asian, or literally anything else? Seriously, I bet you're also the same type who would still defend other bullshit because "stereotypes exist for a reason", but only as long as it wasn't a white man, of course.

>And bam, done, an ACTUAL twist
You are aware that her turning out to be working for him was an as valid twist, right ?
>Let's regress to rich white cliche because we're 'progressives!'
That has nothing to do with it. You are taking it way too personally. why is there so many people who will take those kind of character as a personal offens. I am pretty sure none of us here are rich.

>Can't imagine that would have taken much time,
It' still an additional layer of complexity for a 10 minute short that already had antagonists.

>had antagonists.
two antagonists.

>Are you seriously that hung up over it because it was a rich white man?

Well duh, it’s the most overused cliche cartoon by far.

>How about if it was a rich asian, or literally anything else?

Very slightly less cliche, still dumber and more cliche then the book.

>Seriously, I bet you're also the same type who would still defend other bullshit because "stereotypes exist for a reason", but only as long as it wasn't a white man, of course.

Or, here’s a thought, if they avoided that whole tired ass boring shit like the book they based on which was smart enough to know this shit was worn out 20 years ago! Here’s a thought, if someone wrote something smarter and more advanced than you twenty years before, and you somehow fucked it up while copying it, you might just be a rock stupid shitty fucking writer who shouldn’t be writing

>It' still an additional layer of complexity for a 10 minute short that already had antagonists.
That you would think a character who is already in the scene, still attacks the protagonist, has a valid reason that makes sense with her being seen before, and was written to have a motivation like this just fine in a short story this copied is too complex makes it clear why you like this short.

>Here’s a thought, if someone wrote something smarter and more advanced than you twenty years before, and you somehow fucked it up while copying it,

You’re pretty much every “all ___ remake” movie that claims to be progressive.

>makes it clear why you like this short.
Because it has cool monster fight ? how did you figured that out from all of what you said ?

>tfw no monster/alium waifu to stab with my reproduction spike

Attached: 1551513733189.png (212x214, 81K)