Does anybody else feel that the show became worse when it started introducing relationships?

Does anybody else feel that the show became worse when it started introducing relationships?

Attached: RS.jpg (477x268, 24K)

it never was good in the first place

But the bedrock of the show is a lifelong bromance.

A good bunch of modern cartoons take that path in a pathetic way.
TLOK relationship drama episodes are fucking crap

OP can you remind me about what seasom they started really pushing the Mordecai/Margaret crap

Bros being bros is not the same thing as will they won’t they drama that’s usually terrible

Yep it was a fun show about bros and craY shit happening

Absolutely.
This. Cartoons need to stop doing this shit.

Not quite. The short period when Mordecai was dating CJ actually had a lot of wholesome and compelling episodes. The worst thing was not the relationships, but the relationship DRAMA, which seemingly happeend for the sake of it.

Rigby wanted that bird dick for at least the first 3 seasons.

The love triangle between Rigby, Mordecai and Margaret was the plot of several episodes.

Like almost every series ever?

Ridby and Eilen relationship was the best romance on western cartoons this decade.

Attached: S6E10.152_Rigby_Kisses_Eileen_on_the_Cheek.png (842x473, 872K)

True of not only every series but also real life.
>inb4 a bunch of stockholm syndromed monogotards get mad at me

Nah, i wanna ask why.

If you have spent any amount of time on Yea Forums, you should already know the answer

Everyone felt that. It at least managed to get a pretty fantastic finale, something other current shows still can't get a hang off.

Rigby's growth from absolute autist to functional person and a bro was neat.

It was sadly overshadowed by Mordecai's long string of stupid decisions and drama that, while meant to be intentionally cringey, wasn't really something anyone wanted to see.

ships are the plague of 2010s cartoons

The problem is that Mordercai didn't turned into a better person, if anything he turn into a worse,more selfish and stupid person as the show progress.

CJ anger was completelly logical even though the writters tried to portray her as being bipolar, the guy openly treated her like shit through the entire fucking relationship.

EVERY show gets worse when they start introducing relationships.

relationships were introduced in episode one essentially.
but yeah like all modern cartoons do it and it's always some poorly written love triangle or jealousy angle.

>The problem is that Mordercai didn't turned into a better person, if anything he turn into a worse,more selfish and stupid person as the show progress.
To be fair it was something the show was well aware of. Mordecai's devolution was something that was explicitly made and thought out. People like to post the wedding scene (you know the one) but people also tend to forget that immediately after said scene everyone, including Rigby himself who used to be the most emotional stunted character of the whole show, saw the whole awkward event with disgust.

It's also why the show ends with Mordecai realizing that bitches ain't shit and he had to deal with his own problems first. That was the whole purpose of his arc.

The thing is: It's just not something anyone really wanted to see. It wasn't funny and the drama was cringey enough to make people hate it but not interesting enough to make people invested.

>show start with Mordecai being the responsible one who wanted something out of life while Rigby was a manchild in the making who didnt have aspirations in life
>later on Rigby gets his shit together, finishes highschool and has a stable relationship while Mordecai becomes a jaded person who cant let go of the mistakes he made with previous girls
Cant tell if this was intentional or not

Attached: 1311712712197.jpg (496x491, 18K)

It was.

If it was then either JG hates himself or the crew hated him given Mordecai was his fursona

I think JG just wanted to pull a Scott Pilgrim.

S4-5 I guess

Why do shows force relationships if they never work?

Gumball relationship with Penny worked well, "The Romantic" was the best episode of the whole show so far.

"it'll be different this time! im a good writer! everyone else was so wrong/misguided!"

To be realistic.

It can work.
Most people just don't know how.

I'm sure that in the case of TLOK was a attempt to make the relationships between characters with something more serious in the background, but in my opinion that ended up generating pure filler in that area.
Mako is gay & Bolin is non-existent
>T. Bryke
You can make reality very forced as in these cases, which is not natural.

Relationships are a waste of time in general.

While ALL Margaret episodes were shit (and pointless given the ending), my main complaint is Eileen. A total geek girl who doesn't work with the guys but hangs out all the time with them and is treated as if she was one of the employees and she's oh so SMART and quirky so she's approachable tee-hee and she loves retards like Rigby. And don't worry Rigby hates her, but his bad boy persona is melted when he sees how cool Eileen the Mary Sue is. Yaaaaay! That right there is my biggest complaint. Eileen the piece of shit that really ruined the show and chemistry. At least Margaret was out of the way and isolated, Eileen was forcefully injected into the core cast and artificially kept around. This show went to shit when they did that, way before they went into space.

Just like irl

based

Eileen is consistently shown as an antisocial weirdo that people only hang out with because Margaret is her childhood friend and bring her along to everything out of Pity.

This is later changed to the fact she and Rigby start dating so he's the one that bring her to any place instead of Margaret.

I honestly don't see how she is a mary sue when even on her most recent episodes she was shown as a coward that never fought back against her bully roomate

Same reason they decide to include a baby (at least) at some point, I guess.

fpbp

>tfw no fem mordecai gf

Attached: 1544126142228.png (500x747, 315K)

Alright time for the human race to stop existing next generation because some user on the internet thinks relationships are pointless.

It became worse when the network started censoring it too much because of parents that nag too much.

fpbp Regular show is the normiest tier of trash, only liked by beta males and women. I am friends with a beta virgin retard who loves this show. I got laid and I don't watch any kind of 'progressive' cartoon. The last cartoon I watched was Samurai Jack season 5

mordecai was always the shittier friend.

>I got laid once so I I'm not a beta anymore and outgrew cartoons
just leave

To be fair, you have to have an extremely high IQ to understand Regular Show

Attached: tumblr_m8hr9go56W1r27lhv.gif (500x279, 168K)

these posts are several layers deep in bait

>he didn't go to the Regular Show roleplay session

Attached: DuUkcNwXcAEvTOu.jpg large.jpg (909x1023, 68K)

as if anybody wants to be mordecai

I'm literally Mordecai

They literally get into a fight because Mordecai is unable to feel good for Rigby because feeling superior to Rigby was one of the things that made Mordecai happy and Rigby being better than him is making him depressed

They cave in to shippers. Tumblr single-handedly killed AT because the writers were reading AT fanfics and art too much.

>I paid this ugly girl to have sex with me
>now Im a turbo chad and everyone loves me
enjoy your DC collection loser

Attached: 1525115903728.gif (450x253, 845K)

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 18K)

I stopped watching when the introduced that brown goat guy.
Most episodes before that were enjoyable.

Attached: mordecai rigby.gif (480x360, 649K)