Nova > Green Lantern

Nova > Green Lantern

Attached: 637518-annihilation_02____6.jpg (2560x1931, 772K)

I think the concept of a ring you can carry everywhere and that make constructs more interesting than wearing a helmet that give generic superhero powers.

Plus the whole "willpower" thing is pretty cool

Fair enough. Annihilation> blackest night

Well that's true. Annihilation was awesome, Blackest Night had some cool scenes but was really boring when there was no A-listers around.

yeah but there both great

Attached: gltas bn.jpg (1221x1920, 440K)

I like them both not to mention Nova works better when they're not trying to make him like GL.

What's with the Novafag spamming threads lately? Dick Rider is shit

I think Dick Rider's pretty cool, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Look out though, you'll make the people who ride Dick Rider's dick so hard they call Sam "Nova in name only" mad.

Rich doesn't derive his powers from the helmet. Also Lensman did it first but GL has the potential to be more imaginitive (well under the right writer).

Attached: First Lensman.jpg (839x1280, 829K)

I am sorry not everything can be a Yasss Queen thread, maybe you'll be happier there.

God I hope that fucker is not here but with all the cosmicbook shit that's been going on I am not surprised. Still Mcgroin likes GL so Ibdoubt this is him.

And yeah Sam is cool, Duggan made him likable for me.

> Not liking both.

Well if you don't mind me I'll have my cake and eat it too instead of just one or the other.

>Bawwww why are people talking about a comic character in a comic board

Since this is a Nova thread. Can I ask how he got sucked up on a black hole if he wasn’t in Knowhere?

forgot pic.

Attached: 1552601177684.jpg (924x1400, 170K)

Nova is a faggot so no

>Implying I like the Carol spam
Dude, fuck you.
How about stop spamming Nova threads that only serve to start company war nonsense with OP's shit?

I'd almost be willing to buy that he was close enough to see what was happening and rushed in to save the guys who got sucked into the black hole, but that's a big stretch and he seemed to be doing his own thing at the end of the 2nd issue.

No one is following what OP said though and much less getting butthurt except you. Also the Nova threads haven't been that much and this is the first one I've seen that tried to do company wars. Stay mad I guess.

GotG #3 will have the Edgelord Guardian's encounter with Rich and from the preview they found him already.

How Rich ends up in the black hole remains to be seen since it hasn't happened and the solicits probably spoiled that. Either that or this is another case of "covers lie" and the stories (since it has multiple writers and artists focusing on multiple characters) will be about all those characters and Rich is just there for thematic reasons since he's involved in the story? I don't know.

>Ending a statement with a question mark
How big of an uncertain faggot can you be?

Patrician taste anything else is pleb tier.

Would you happen to have a link to that preview?

My problem with green lantern is that there's so much cool shit that can be done with dc cosmic and yet most of the time the gl books just boil down armies of green lights smash into army of yellow, red, etc lights. The vast material to work with that goes underused and the space cop angle is quickly forgotten about.

My problem with nova is that he spent about 20 something years as the d list kid who you sometimes saw smash into things really hard. There was a brief moment during annihilation where he was flying high. He could have been used for space cop and space adventures stories, but then DnA quickly lost intrest in him when they had the guardians to play. They proceded to bench by shoving him on earth. Some new novas no one cares about popped up and then they killed him off. Sam did something then rich showed up again and did nothing and now sam is doing nothing with his earth team while rich is floating about in space screaming about something.

I just want space cops going on space aventures, why can't you cunts give me that?

This, I would rather have all the other lantern troops destroyed or only mentioned though a couple of years and instead show Green Lantern focusing on alien civilizations and fighting lovecraftian monsters and galactic conquerors and criminals.

Yeah, it felt like they purposely separated nova away from some of the events like war of kings and realm of kings.

Wouldn't Green Lantern and Quasar be a more viable comparison? Quasar felt more like Green Lantern than Nova did power wise.

When the guardians book came out you could tell DnA was more focused on that, then nova or the corps. The Nova c orps aren’t a bad idea, it’s just no one really used them or tried to go all out with them.
Agreed, even Richard new Wendell was the real deal.

They're about equal really. GL is more visually interesting but Nova has better interactions with Marvel Cosmic. DC needs to flesh out their cosmic scene to be more than just the rainbow corps.

It's really too bad that Threshold didn't take off

Oh look the one panel ever Nova did something cool

>naming your character dick fucking rider

Dan Abnett said that Quesada didn't care about Marvel cosmic, likening it to the broken toys at the bottom of the chest. That's probably the reason why they were even allowed to kill off Rich, Pete and Thanos during Thanos Imperative. When they started getting attention due to the MCU GotG, other writers and editors had no idea what to do with it but knew they wanted to get some credit for it. It makes a person wonder what Marvel cosmic would be like if synergy didn't fuck it.

He did other things.

Attached: tumblr_n9xja4AKgL1rurl5co1_1280.jpg (1280x643, 266K)

>It makes a person wonder what Marvel cosmic would be like if synergy didn't fuck it
Well Quesada is right but the sad thing is that he means it as a bad thing but it's really the best thing you can get at the Big Two. They are broken toys that most people don't want to mess with and that's always what has allowed writers like Starlin, PAD, Giffen and DnA to have so much fun with them. Because you don't have to share them and play by a bunch of strict rules to keep from "breaking them" like you do the big characters. Had the movie not happened DnA's stuff would have run a little longer, got cancelled, Rich and Quill would still be dead (well maybe not Rich since he has crazy fanboys), and Cosmic would go mostly dormant again for awhile with maybe the occasional event centered on Earth or more aborted attempts at trying to make Silver Surfer stick post-Marz or something until somebody comes along and decides to root around the bottom of the toy chest and do something cool again.

Ironically, they were far less broken than the rest of Marvel was after Civil War. If anything, Marvel Cosmic was built up and organized during that era while most of the big heroes were being torn down before being reset to whatever arbitrary status quo editorial wanted. Progression with actual endings were actually allowed in the cosmic side. That said, I doubt they'd have left Rider or Quill dead. DnA weren't shy about bring back the dead during their runs after all. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they would have just had Worldmind clone their asses.