Were Tom & Jerry slapped into this movie at last second to get better marketing profits?

Were Tom & Jerry slapped into this movie at last second to get better marketing profits?

Because it feels like they tried to make some completely new franchise movie but ended up as Tom & Jerry instead
Like Chip and Dale in Rescue Rangers but done completely wrong

Attached: tom-jerry-the-movie.3_f.jpg (800x531, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GbPQj7k9tvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fStWJloNsuY
youtube.com/watch?v=KNbw1kUDp5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are Yea Forums's thoughts of this movie? I've never seen good comments about it but it's one of my personal favorites.

Waiting for the inevitable live action Tom and Jerry movie where they help a random loser get together with the woman of his dreams.

stop pretending it was a bad movie

I disliked it, it's a typical 90's kiddy movie with Tom and Jerry slapped on. Not as based as the true Tom and Jerry movie, Fast and the Furry

I barely remember it. When it's mentioned I want R34 of Robyn (I think was her name?) and then I forget about it again. I remember the Carebears summer camp movie and Felix the Cat's movie better.

>"wow you can talk? oh yeah we never tried it before"
what the fuck but otherwise I love this movie

This movie has only 1 meme

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 8K)

Yup, that's her name.

Attached: 93f2e683bdbbdd8b5079967f15f0f26a.jpg (448x1148, 46K)

It would be good without Tom & Jerry

those are some big fucking socks

it was a trend in 90's

Attached: 0b3d8f69e177ffe35517aabcbbf55889.jpg (223x294, 14K)

Is this movie available in HD?

The first movie I saw on my video recorder.
I must have watched it an 100 times when I was a kid.

hot

They should've just used sound clips of Tom's old screams instead of having his voice actor do them. That guy just couldn't do it.
The movie has a billion other problems, obviously, but for me that's number one with a bullet.

>Because it feels like they tried to make some completely new franchise movie but ended up as Tom & Jerry instead

I think the same thing happened with this.

Attached: 5ED02E80-1608-40C4-A49A-AC2A5294E00F.jpg (314x445, 31K)

a cat and a mouse that are dicks to each other simply isn't enough to fill a 90-minute plot

you just can't top this glory

youtube.com/watch?v=GbPQj7k9tvQ

So we're all just gonna ignore the fact she's basically a palet swapped Jenny from Oliver & Co?

Twisted Tales was supposed to bring new fans by returning Felix to his roots. Unfortunately Don Oriolo wanted the neutered version his dad made in the '50s that led to the diasterpiece that was the movie.

I feel like there were a bunch of cartoon movies that came out around the late 80s to mid 90s that were just so damn forgettable.

Attached: Pagemaster-1994.jpg (1024x783, 111K)

Two memes

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12K)

It got even worse and numerous into the late 90s/early 00s with the advent of cheaper digital animation, but they're so forgettable nobody remembers them.

Attached: 51icQmHuoQL._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 33K)

Even as a kid i remember thinking how stupid it was they made Tom and Jerry talk. I still liked the movie though

This movie is one of those times that when you first watch it you have no idea you're supposed to hate it.

meant for

Nah, I watched Pagemaster at least 20 times. I watched it so much I ruined the VHS and had to get a new one.

>includes 15 minutes of unseen footage

you mean the movie is only 15 minutes long?

I think they were supposed to be main heroes but got replaced by Tom&Jerry

Attached: 8vz29h.jpg (528x400, 11K)

Nah, they did the exact same thing when they made this a couple decades later. Oriolo loves turning movies under his control into a disconnected mess with horrificly unfunny puns, new jersey jokes and some really inane shit.

Attached: FelixTheCatSavesChristmasDVD.jpg (316x450, 66K)

I enjoy this movie but i'll admit nostalgia is half of it

The stuff at the beginning before they met the talking dogs was ok, not great, tom and jerry material. Then it's just cookie cutter 90s children's movie with only the villains providing any enjoyment.

Lol I remember even thinking this part was weird as a kid. There's no reason to look THAT damn menacing when approaching an ice cream cart. Was it ice cream?

I was actually about to mention this. It's like they straight-up lifted her design.

>that Tom & Jerry and the chocolate factory movie
they literally took the original movie, animated it, then added Tom & Jerry to the fucking background
hilarious

I had to import the Tom & Jerry Movie VHS back then.

Attached: 20160113_175755.jpg (800x232, 18K)

One time I called my mom a lickboot because she wouldn't buy me candy at the checkout.

>Wall Street.jpg

Did he rape that ice cream cart?

>I watched it so much I ruined the VHS and had to get a new one.
oof
Only movie I ever did that to was Toy Story 2.

I can't believe Henry Mancini wrote the songs for the movie. They're so lame & forgettable.

They enlisted some pretty impressive names for this thing. I guess they thought hiring good talent meant they didn't have to make an effort on the script.
That's a cautionary tale right there.

This character always weirded me out. Like just out of fucking NOWHERE this dog shows up wearing "hip" 90's clothes and a sideways baseball hat. Even as a kid I thought he seemed out of place.

Attached: Tom and Jerry 3.jpg (516x375, 55K)

what if all those tom and jerry in a movie, movies?

its so fucking bizzare.

Attached: download (2).jpg (190x265, 22K)

Just because it's a bad Tom and Jerry movie doesn't mean it's a bad movie in general.

At least that one was a meme face goldmine

Literally the only good part of the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=fStWJloNsuY

I can't even remember if Spike and Tyke appears in the movie, but they sure would make more sense than these two.

> Wizard of Oz
> Willy Wonka
> Johnny Quest (really)

What will be the next one?

Scooby-Doo.

Hell yeah!

Attached: maxresdefault(2).jpg (1280x720, 33K)

I am unironically on board for this.

Attached: urge to kill rising.gif (336x240, 2.38M)

>When she finally puts together that it was the juice box that made her so sleepy.

youtube.com/watch?v=KNbw1kUDp5M is a pretty good villain song, but it tries too hard to be a Disney Renaissance movie

>baseball hat
I think it was supposed to be a fiddler cap. if anything, his outfit is old-timey with 90s pastel colours

Attached: fiddler cap.jpg (183x275, 3K)

After Disney revitalized 2D animation everyone wanted a piece of the action. The 90s were a mess culturally.

Attached: 9187589541857262221.jpg (675x1000, 223K)

This fat piece of shit dog riding around on a skateboard always cracked me up as a kid.

Tony Jay fucking kills it in this movie. He's easily the best part of it.

Tom talked all the time.

>Is you is
>Or is you ain't

they seem to be like that with every movie they're in

What was Tony Jay in where he wasn't the best thing in it?

Recess. Rugrats. Soul Reaver.

I like Felix's voice in the Movie better than his voice in Saves Christmas where he sounds like the worst Mickey Mouse impression I've ever heard.