Why do you hate Carol?

Attached: smug carol.jpg (950x534, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lowbrowcomics.com/2016/04/26/carol-danvers-vs-julia-carpenter-civil-war/
syfy.com/sites/syfy/files/wire/legacy/Image-97-600x554.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I’m indifferent to Carol, I just think Brie Larson was a complete miscast

Well, I don't hate her completely more than all the propaganda and the autistic people who support her.
Basically the same position I have with Korra.

>Gifted powers by alien to save life, becomes dedicated superhero
>Retconned with plane crash that could go super fast

I don't hate Carol, I just hate the push... also the fact that people think DeConnick run is the definitive Carol writer

fpbp

I only really hated her when Bendis was writing her. I feel much better about her now.

I loved her as ms marvel.
My company pays you to advertise our product, which carol danvers ms marvel is not.

Please advise.

She's too perfect for her world

SHE DIDN'T VOTE FOR THE ORANGE MAN

No I just don’t want my superhero hero movies filled with uncharismatic unattractive cunts. They’re ridiculous fantasy movies at the end of the day so why would I want to watch a squeaky lead who looks like a post sex reassignment surgery Heath Ledger

>another bland, nothing female character devoid of interesting characterization or meaningful flaws written pretty much entirely as a writer soapbox that is popular because retards love braindead social commentary

You tell me

Attached: 1551514502093.jpg (631x631, 58K)

OBSESSED

these 2 morons voted for the orange man

Based.

I’m not even American, faggot

to be honest I'm not exactly sure you are even human

I love her with every fiber of my being.

Probably due to your low functioning autism

I hate what this bitch is doing to my once beloved capeshit

Attached: Sana-Amanat-1.png (750x400, 457K)

you are not even american I don't care about you

I don't.
She's a fictional character, don't be daft.

She’s forced and unnatural. Like Marvel is trying to make her into their most important female superhero and their Wonder Woman. To the point that they ignore many “problematic” elements of her past because they don’t want to hurt her image.

I wish she went back to Ms Marvel and hooked up with Cyclops.

She's dull, she's been made into a some kind of flagship character just because of the gender (despite there being tons more suitable there), she's become a vehicle for a platform which ignores a ton of the complexity of the character before and there's not really any good stuff the new one is in.

Good, he was far better than Clinton and as a non-American I breathed a sigh of relief when he won.

She's the worst captain marvel ever, literally every other character that had the mantle is a better character, and if they really wanted a diverse captain marvel they would have picked monica, but marvel just wants to shill carol for some stupid reason since house of m

Typical Left winger.

Because Disney said that after the purchase of Marvel in 2012 they would not change the style of Marvel comics
They lied, they put the SJW agenda as an extreme point!
They hired awful writers and bad editors
Bad artists
The quality of the stories has dropped dramatically
They killed the original Avengers and put SJW characters to replace the classic Avengers
And the simbol of all this was Captain Marvel who was the darling of fans and became the SJW symbol in Marvel comics
With an absurdly and terrible script and awful art
She is the symbol of the death of the old Marvel comics
And interestingly this also begins to happen in the MCU
Bravo Disney and Kevin Feige

Attached: SJW MARVEL.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

Attached: Marvel Disney.jpg (1342x1200, 251K)

I just hate women in general

not an argument

Jokes on you, I didn't vote. Both the candidates were shit.

I actually used to enjoy reading her comics, before the re-launched her like 10 times with her shitty new outfit and attitude.

Also she worked better as a C or B lister. Pushing her up front has yet to work well.

Attached: Marvel vs Moonstone.jpg (1600x968, 1.45M)

The Captain Marvel personification has not had a good story yet. Marvel, in their attempt to make a face for the company, made a knockoff superman. A golden-age character in the modern age with none of the creativity involved.

And thus, her stories aren't fun to read. Her stories revolve around problems that only further drive the point home that she has no character as this persona. Her problems revolve around things like "I'm too popular" and "I work too hard", and her storylines and bad guys are intergalactic aliens who want to destroy everything and etc. etc. etc. This is boring. This says nothing about her as a character and could be done by any of the other space-faring superheroes.

If you had told marvel comic readers that the face of the company would be someone who's whole shtick is that they can fly around and shoot lasers, they wouldn't think of Captain Marvel at all and instead ask 'What about Spiderman' or 'What about Captain America' or 'What about Wolverine'. They would go to every single character that Marvel has tried to shelve instead of her. Because those characters have progression to them. They have storylines that you can put them through which are interesting to read about. Little Ms. Perfect isn't interesting to read about. Most comic readers would rather have alcoholic drunk Carol instead of 'Oh Woe is me I'm too popular' Carol. At least alcoholic Carol had something like a storyline revolving around her overcoming her problems and facing the fact that she wasn't really a superhero.

What does CM have? Nothing. She has all the discarded, boring Superman storylines that even superman writers have moved on from. Gee, I wonder why people hate her? It must be because they're misogynists.

Attached: msmarvelcaroldanvers.jpg (250x300, 38K)

Also this, as a C or B lister; she faced problems that she couldn't overcome. Problems she may have to ask for help solving. Problems that aren't as simple as her finding the right about of power to fix them. Not to mention she had only a certain amount of relevance and wasn't expected to fix things all of the time, thus keeping her storylines fresh.

That is interesting and should have been kept for a character, but they had to go full-out trying to market her and instead ruin two characters doing so.

Turning this into a political thing isn’t going to make me like you more.

I watched the movie and read a few of her comics and maintained that I'm ambivalent about her character. I just think of her as another character that may appeal to others, just not to me. It's the same way I feel about characters like Iron Man, Batman, or Wolverine, I just never caught on the hype train for any of them like I have for Captain America or Superman.

have sex incel tranny

I think the big problem is that CM doesn't appeal to much of anyone. The people who it appeals to are people who think of themselves as being oppressed by society because of their gender.

But what about Orange Man?

>m-maybe if I keep trying to derail with politics people won't complain about the character's flaws

Incels don't vote.

all these people suck rubber cocks while voting for the orange man

t. Obsessed Carol Defender

>I only really hated her when Bendis was writing her
In Civil War 2?
I liked his Carol in Mighty Avengers.

Attached: 7c66c1489c5f58b0d99fd76087004f12._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1968, 572K)

>Because Disney said that after the purchase of Marvel in 2012 they would not change the style of Marvel comics
But they left that fuck Ike Perlmutter in charge. The guy who fired all the editors, is notoriously cheap and probably pushed event after event because "sales numbers go up!".

You fucks and your "EsJayDubs!" rantings are just Perlmutter apologist cock suckers.

Attached: perlmutter.jpg (575x575, 43K)

Carol was literally a different character in her own book and the main Civil War 2 book. Like, she's got a team of lawyers making sure she's not screwing up one minute, and then she's barking about holding people indefinitely without evidence the next.

Same reason I hate the Inhumans
Disney didn't have the X-men so no more mutants, so all these "New" heroes pop out as Inhumans and who's there to to be their role model? Ms. Mar- Captain Marvel!
Doesn't help that the new Ms. Marvel is her fangirl, really Carol of all characters has a fan? She did something so great that one girl was like "I identify with her!"

>The people who it appeals to are people who think of themselves as being oppressed by society because of their gender.

That's a really broad swipe, that's like saying Batman primarily appeals to men who have a childlike fantasy of being the richest, smartest, strongest, bestest guy in the world that has sex with supermodels every night and has a butler at their beck and call. Carol doesn't appeal to be simply because I just prefer heroes that aren't heroes of circumstance or through some contrived tragedy or trauma, I prefer heroes that are the way they are simply because they're good people that want to do good because it's the right thing to do. Carol has good intentions for the most part, but if's frustrating but pitiable in that she wants to do the right thing, but gives into base urges and makes so many fucking mistakes that she'd be able to avoid if she just looked at things critically instead of being bullheaded.

Who knows, maybe people like her because she has a bullish personality and that she's generally a fucking wreck that tries to do right, but it constantly sabotaged by being who she really is and not what she strives to be. It just doesn't appeal to me because I've gotten sick of the whole broken hero archetype.

he bad

The harder she was pushed the more I disliked her.

>Because of what she did during Civil War.
lowbrowcomics.com/2016/04/26/carol-danvers-vs-julia-carpenter-civil-war/

>And Civil War II.
syfy.com/sites/syfy/files/wire/legacy/Image-97-600x554.jpg

>and her storylines and bad guys are intergalactic aliens who want to destroy everything
I largely agree with your post but I actually disagree with this and feel we haven't gotten enough of these kinda epic threats for Carol, they have spent way too much time with her doing slice of life crap.

Did she even like superhero comics before she had the power to push for female characters?

>Same reason I hate the Inhumans
So: Ike Perlmutter. Bad decisions of that scale come from the top. Why do you think they X-Men couldn't be in MvCI? Of all the stupid stuff on Capcom's side, that wasn't one of them!

If not for Perlmutter's hateboner for Fox sidelining the X-Men for a decade, one of the X-Men would probably be Marvel's "leading lady", because the female X-Men have always been huge. But without them, eventually someone said "Carol, push her".

Attached: Storm hot01.jpg (413x807, 132K)

>being this desperate to shit up the thread to defend Carol
This is the last (you) in giving you, savor it.

Attached: IMG_1497.jpg (1440x1203, 91K)

I'd be perfectly fine with Storm being Marvel's leading lady

Is Captain Marvel accidentally redpill?

>Most powerful hero is white
>Brainwashed by empire and initially hates them, before realising they were right
>Hunting down alien infiltrator 'immigrants' on Earth
>Has black sidekick who gets injured in a silly and amusing way

this guys likes to eat rat feces for breakfast

It's his body, user.

Its the fault of the Jew yet again!

just pointing out we should never trust his tastes

Just casted the wrong person. Captain Marvel is supposed to be good looking and not to have supposed to have the personality of a dead fish.

Brie can act, but this just isn't her role.

Attached: ezgif-4-e77ac807016c.jpg (451x706, 39K)

your opinion is your opinion is your opinion is your opinion.........who cares? plenty of people disagree

I like her before, in the 80s or 90s, just like Inhumans, the push from the 2006 "reboot" makes no sense to me and I'm tired of the character.

I hate modern Carol because they hacked off what made her interesting and created a mary sue. They also made She-Hulk boring, and even more of a bland variant of Banner.

Attached: Captain Marvel Redesign.png (1531x1531, 2.18M)

She was pushed to an unbearable degree and had nothing likable about her. She got 8 relaunches in 6 years when they could have used those creative teams on something better that I might have been interested in.
She doesn't deserve to be the center of Marvel, but she gets to be anyways.

I am indifferent to her. But the pushing of her as "The face of Marvel" always did seem weird to me. That would make as much sense as DC pushing someone like Starfire as the "The face of DC"

She was a somewhat interesting character when she was Ms. Marvel but became a complete bore when she became Captain Marvel.

They picked Carol in 2011 because they didn't expect a black, female lead superhero movie to take off. They're probably kicking themselves for it now.

It's not Carol that I hate, it's more the fans who make it seem like she is a goddess who can do no wrong.

>Marvel's most powerful, most popular superhero ever

Fucking lies.

because she's a cunt and has an obvious editorial push that takes me out of any comic she appears in.

She was brought on to an indie publishing house (don't know which) it collapsed within a year.