He was the one who fucked up in Infinity War the most. Why isn't he part of the team in End Game to get some redemption?

He was the one who fucked up in Infinity War the most. Why isn't he part of the team in End Game to get some redemption?

Attached: 1552649043849.png (720x360, 608K)

That's what GOTG3 is for

Because he's ashy and needs lotion.

His entire team is fuckups. Rocket is honestly a better captain than him.

He fucks up and gets half of the universe killed, and you seriously ask why they don't put him on the new team. lol

>He was the one who fucked up in Infinity War the most.
>Why isn't he part of the team

There you go.

Because he needs redemption. Heroes get second chances.

Tony probably would have literally killed him afterwards, anyway.

didn't he get dusted?
they're not showing anyone who got dusted in the trailers..

Causing half the universe to be murdered because you were throwing a tantrum doesn't get you redemption. His character should be signed over to Rob Liefeld to be drawn by him for the rest of his existence.

Because he dead nigga, he's dust. No dusties until the third act. The trailers only use footage of the first 20 minutes of the movie.

>His character should be signed over to Rob Liefeld to be drawn by him for the rest of his existence
Wow okay, Pete deserves punishment, but not like THAT. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Crossing my fingers that Gunn plans on making him full DnA in GotG 3 because Endgame is the closest well get to Annihilation while Star-Lord and the og crew are relevant

>Strange says that this is the only way
>people still say somebody did something wrong
No you retards this is the one timeline where somebody DIDN'T do something wrong.
You should be thinking about why almost getting the gauntlet off is the path to victory.

You can make a shitty off the cuff decision and have it turn into something good down the line, doesn't mean it isn't a shitty off the cuff decision.

If they got the gauntlet off Thanos would have serious'd the fuck up and probably started killing everyone he got his hands on instead of just trampling over the heroes.
The whole point is that the dusting gets undone, leaving the most amount of people alive.

Pretty much, people keep forgetting he was having fun by humiliating the Hulk, as Ebony Maw stated. He fucked Knowhere in half by himself to get the Reality Stone. If he got serious and wanted to start killing to get a bunch of cretins out of the way, he would have done so instead of entertaining them like he was doing throughout the entire movie.

How is he going to get Iron Man? They can give him the glove and have him fly away.

Iron Man can't just go into deep space, so he'd either have to chuck the gauntlet out of the atmosphere or hide in the darkest crevice he can because he's trapped on a planet with a pissed off titan

Can't they just pee on it so Thanos wouldn't want to wear it?

Thor and Fury fucked up harder

not really, he was hoping him not to die in Infinity war, "steady quill dont go "

The only thing he adds to a team is that he owns a spaceship. And he is not even the best at flying it either.

His fuckup in Infinity war further shows how he is a childish idiot that is always a liability to everyone else.

I think he was still confused about what was happening. Once he sees Spidey die and then realizes that literally half of everyone is dead he might go ballistic on the guy who fucked everything up. Wouldn't be OOC for a guy who tried to murder Bucky for having brainwash killed his parents like twenty years ago

How'd he fuck up?
I didn't see the movie

Peters always been a great character and my favourite on the team. its shit they slapped that stupid moment in just so thanos wasnt beat but Gamora was kinda his only real reason to keep going with all parents and psudo parent dead and no real goals, and thanos just murdered her and acted like it was the rightous thing to do.

Attached: 06e401be144f5c80cb11678f296421ae.jpg (400x400, 23K)

You made my day, guy. Thank you.

Wasn't that mission already his second chance? He kind of helped fuck up a lot of planets going along with Ego's plan.

>Loki gave up the Space Stone, unable to sacrifice Thor
>Cap's team gave up the Mind Stone, unable to sacrifice Vision before it was too late
>Dr. Strange gave up the Time Stone, unable to sacrifice Tony
>Gamora gave up the Soul Stone (after Peter tried to make the sacrifice play in killing her)

Star-Lord is like the guy who missed the game winning field goal; he gets all the blame, but in the end it was a group effort to fuck up.

GotG will be him making it up.

that means in every single timeline, the one thing that remains constant is Tony's plan never works. They never get the gauntlet off on Titan.

Star Lord also stopped them from taking gaunlet off.

Makes me wonder what was going to happen.

I wonder how many timelines the Avengers actually did defeat Thanos, but never undid the snap. So Strange did not consider that a win. Even though they technically won

I don't think that people discuss the Vision point enough. It is mind numbingly stupid that the Avengers were hesitant to sacrifice a single robot, who had AGREED to be sacrificed, when there are fucking trillions of lives at stake. This wasn't a matter of preserving their values, the natural order of life across all of space was threatened and they dropped the ball fucking hard

this. Starlord's fuckup was guaranteed, Strange just saw that the sequence of events after that is what needed to happen so they win in the end. My guess is that it's related to who gets dusted, since if the selection is half at random, it's possible in some timelines you had every last big hitter get dusted leaving only the weakest members. Imagine a timeline in which Thor, Hulk, Tony, Strange, Carol (ignoring the actress), Wanda, Cap, Mantis and any others I'm forgetting get dusted together, while only ones like Peter and Widow are left. Yeah they can fight too but honestly they wouldn't be able to do anything to Thanos.
And frankly, I'm glad the GOTG aren't there, they're honestly the worst addition to the MCU and their only use is stupid jokes that are even worse that the regular quipping. Mantis and Groot are the only ones who were even remotely useful, and Rocket is only tolerable because he and groot play off Thor well. Starlord is the worst of the bunch and I'm glad he's gone, even if he hadn't fucked up.

You forget 2 things:
1) they DID sacrifice him, but it was in vain. And before you even say "but if they did it sooner", I'll remind you that they preferred to keep it as a last resort and that Thanos would find a way regardless since he had the gauntlet including the time stone.
2) they couldn't exactly just shoot the guy, it's clearly said only Wanda had the power to do it at the time and even she was struggling, it's not like breaking an IS is easy shit.

Vision was just the most useless character in the entire movie. So many characters looked better in IW but Vision came off as much much worse.

the movie specifically said the plan that (seemingly) nearly got Thanos was crafted by Quill though, that's something

Attached: Quill_vs_Avengers.webm (960x540, 3M)

nice

So did Thor. and So did Cap and friends when they didn't kill Midnight and Glaive. Quill has a pretty minute share of blame.

>Quill comes up with a plan to catch Thanos >Bug Girl mind rapes him while Iron Man and Iron Boy tear the glove off
>works without a hitch
>but then Bug Girl when reading his mind realizes that he killed Gamora
>Quill spergs out and throws a tantrum
>Thanos wakes up
>Proceeds to ass rape them all until Strange gives him the Time Stone

If Iron Man just went back to Earth, he would've never met Quill.

Because it's going to all be undone. Maybe he'll be aware of his screw up and that will be saved for GotG 3. Maybe he becomes more mature and mentors a young hothead Nova.

>implying this isn't all according to keikaku no Storangu-hakase

Attached: doubt.jpg (700x389, 32K)

That's actually wrong, he takes credit for Stark's plan. They were half-listening to him explain the plan of "pinning Thanos down" and getting the glove off.

The thing is the writers of IW said that even without the gauntlet Thanos would've defeated them on Titan (have to find the interview again... I post it if I find it).
Strange had the timestone and wa pretty OP so I can't really believe that but on the other hand we didn't really saw him fight without the gems, maybe one time where he beat up the Hulk.

I know it is, I'm just summarizing it for the guy.

I would have liked to have seen that scenario as it sounds absurd.

Yup. The only time in the entire movie he actually fought somebody, rather than just move them out of the way with more lights, was the Hulk. And he beat the fucking Hulk so bad he wasn't even mad anymore.

If this guy had been doing that shit the whole movie we wouldn't have needed to wait until the end to see half the cast turn to dust. He'd have punched Captain America into mist so fine you'd be able to cover Pennsylvania with it.

Thor fucked up just as much.

In the scope of infinity, the 13 million timelines he checked as an insignificant sum.

I'm actually kind of annoyed about the fact he was still le quippy manchild XD in Infinity War despite going through so much heavy shit. He should have been reaching DnA levels of survivor's guilt but he was still acting like he'd been fused with Bug for some damn reason.

Attached: movie quill had a hard life.jpg (1280x3627, 1.96M)

There's no point checking timelines where there are no avengers or Thanos was never born or any shit like that. And there's only ever a finite number of states any variables can be in.

People forget the Quill is literally the only reason the team came together in the first place and is the one that usually wrangles the others and comes up with the plans, even if half the time they're just winging it. He's the glue that holds them together.

He was quippy in DnA but yeah the stuff with Thor was a bit much. Otherwise I thought he was fine in Infinity War, it was nice that Pratt suggested he pull the trigger on Gamora and the Russos actually listened to him. I just want him to get to the point where it's clear that he plays dumb but has been around the block.
>You appear superficial and glib, but you understand.

>Reducing the levels of quips in a Marvel movie

Don't mess with the formula bruv.

Yeah, I can't stand characters that have flaws and make mistakes.

Attached: 1530620987385.jpg (342x316, 14K)

Would of been good for him to see everybody else turn to dust and have to deal with the fact that it's partially his fault.

there is zero implication that it was Tony's
according to the movie
>Quill: My plan, by the way.

You forgot the part where Stark stops trying to take the gauntlet off, to talk Quill down and then just before Thanos regains control, Spider-Man get's the gauntlet off by himself, meaning if Stark had of kept helping him, it would have come off sooner.

It's Stark's fault.

or the Dr. could have sawed the guy in half with his portal. it's capeshit, turn your brain off

if anyone's to blame for that plan failing it's on the guy with literal future vision, if its success truly hinged on Quill then just teleport him away

It's actually Mantis's fault for cluing Peter in to Gamora's death and putting him into an irrational state of mind given his emotional attachment to her.

>could just kill Thanos on the spot with his OP Stormbreaker
>yet decided to gloat and take his time

Why did he get dusted, everyone who got dusted was half of a specific population from my understanding he was the only half human half planet person how many others are there?

stay seething husbandofag.

Attached: IW Peter.png (1881x273, 83K)

it was his plan that almost got the gauntlet at least

I guess it made sense he'd do something when he learned about gamora, but pistol whipping the unstoppable goliath made him look completely retarded

He wasn't being rational.

Mantis is the fuck-up.
She managed to soothe a Celestial for extended periods but not Thanos and couldn't keep his mouth shut.

So then once Thanos isn't protected by the gauntlet just Mirror Dimension his ass. Then you can sit down and calmly figure out what to do with the glove.

>Thanos and most likely all his people were such huge chads that they were the toughest fighters in all the known galaxy
>entire species die off because they were either too stupid or lazy to terraform other planets
shame. their galaxy empire would have made the kree look so bad

I think simply changing the pistol whip to Quill shooting Thanos with his guns would have made him look less retarded. It'd at least mean Quill was genuinely trying to kill Thanos in a moment of bloodthirst, like when he shot up Ego, but the only thing the pistol whip accomplishes is wake Thanos up.

Attached: 6l3686rcavq11.jpg (1356x763, 476K)

I was actually thinking that I would love it if Quill hadn't gotten dusted in IW.

Like, his love just got murdered, he just got bamboozled into getting everyone else killed, he should get a chance to sulk and maybe mature a bit as a character. Honestly, I like the idea of Pratt growing into a star-lord that's still goofy, but a little more experienced and weathered than the mememan he is now. Also give him a full helmet you dips, I know he's going to be taking it off all the time so pratt can show his face, but that half mask looks so fucking doofy.

Yeah, I wanted to see him live with his actions and see how the dusting effected him.

>they DID sacrifice him,
Only wanda did, and that was when theuy had no other options

He gets badly injured before he gets to do anything, and he says it's affecting his powers. Vision gets injured, and Wanda's mind-control powers from AoU are ignored so that they don't overshadow the 'main' characters and defeat the villains easily.

After everything she went through in IW, having Wanda get dusted was also a bad decision.

>Hitler deserves a second chance
how about no

Ironically, his punching Thanos was the least quippy he's ever been so far.

I was just thinking that I was pretty sure he was hardly trying against anyone. WITH the gems he had on Titan, he could've easily killed everyone there. In my headcanon, he was just toying with them.