Would he fit better in Marvel or DC?

Attached: 122D50CC-C456-47EF-B777-C99E5DB5810C.png (1936x4662, 2.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CtziOLfckeo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends if its just him or the rest of his allies and enemies id say dc if its the later

I know this is a fucking bait but...

Attached: 20190308190537_1.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

BLESS ME WITH YOUR GIFT OF LIGHTAAAAA

DC. Him interacting with the Justice League Dark alone is worth admission.

Marvel. They’re more in tune with the Japanese animu shit than DC is.

He's magic, therefore DC.

Imagine Dante in the Marvel Universe, the shitshow that it would be.

>Dantes saves a few people a gain some notoriety
>Suddenly Dr. Doom appears and puts him in a machine
>"FOOL, I, DOCTOR DOOM, BUILT A MACHINE THAT WILL STEAL YOUR DEVIL TRIGGER AND GIVE IT TO ME! AM I NOT THE BEST CHARACTER EVER!" *sips wine

RIGHTEOUS CAUSE ON JUDGEMENT NIGHT

DC so he isn't turned into a quipster and he actually gets some char development

I mean, have at it.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (600x338, 60K)

They'd make these two into dykes

Attached: 1552230472117.webm (642x614, 2.87M)

I'd kill someone to see a Constantine and Dante teamup.

Well, it's a good thing DMC isn't animu shit.

DC just on the basis that DC has more super natural characters.

Marvel is more prone to tentacled eldritch menaces lurking in the shadows than DC. Dante would be more at home with Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider and Blade rather than Dr Fate, Constantine, and Swamp Thing.

Marvel so he gets character and a decent run in continuity.

>DMC isn’t animu shit

Attached: 90C794C8-6F8B-409C-B4BB-57F7C5D2E2FF.jpg (600x778, 59K)

I would like to se a Dante and Blade team up and the interactions.

He would fit best inside your mom.

>Marvel is more prone to tentacled eldritch menaces lurking in the shadows than DC.
Marvel only has more tentacles. DC is more prone to creating unique eldritch terrors.

Well, I mean, they're not fucking Dante.

Or inside his.

I woud like to see Dante dealing with Morningstar.

DC, just because I like the idea of him relocating to Gotham to start a new life.

I always wanted Bayonetta in DC, so it just depends if you want them to meet or not yet.

Attached: Bayonetta-2-014.jpg (2560x1536, 765K)

That would be terrible. Bayonetta only works in the world of Bayonetta.

Bayonetta works in any world, like Batman.

DC because Constantine interactions along with other vertigo characters

Based Yakuza 6 poster

Attached: 54434712_2264472593808824_8584664761617088512_n.jpg (851x960, 123K)

Of course they're not.

They are Trish and Lady.

He would fit in any of the universes...in a retirement house

Marvel
So he can team up with Blade.

The entire design doc for DMC is "make a Western-inspired hero who is cool without having to curse or drink/smoke"

That they curse in DMCV is just weird to fans.

Can he join? DC or Marvel?

Attached: Tumblr_mcks56OmpV1rj0em9o1_500.jpg (499x750, 123K)

Kiryu making a new succesor in his world can be a good spin-off

Attached: 49898342_2138729756149708_4437737785650053120_n.jpg (960x922, 169K)

Morningstar would hate him, which would be hilarious to watch.

DC is much better at magic and supernatural than Marvel so DC.

DC. Marvel quite literally breaks if he enters it.

Why?

marvel because he makes poopy cowabunga quips a lot

No, he's fuck with Dante like he does everyone else

As for the tc

Neither,

>Meta reason: His series is over and he ain't gonna do no more games

>Character reason: He's a terrible character to market as a story based lead in comic book fiction. A poor excuse to power creep and push into fickle power levels in books.

>DMC is a fun game, but a generic lore setting

>Story is basically a reason to fight against demons, not a truly great hero origin to let us care about the man behind the badass

>Dudes not a hero to look up to(any real Dante fan will know what that means since the hero hints it in the anime), and too many characters take his role and persoanlity in the respective companies titles

>Personally I don't like Dante, he's basically a plot device that represents all stolen comic book and anime ideas in the 90s and has zero qualities in his one demensional nature without being a power fantasy

But if this was the case based on this thread, It's like this(hypothetically speaking)

- DC COMICS has standards, if he was written for them he's be a jobber joke character like Guy Gardener and Lobo(probably lil lobo).

-Marvel already proved Dantes coolness falls short of Tony Starks. He wouldn't be treated Any more respectfully if he ended up being sentry.

Deadpool will constantly make fun of him, Spider-Man will humiliate him in banter exchanged combat, Joker with troll him and kill his loved ones and get away with it, Lobo will hilariously out manly him and get his bounty, and tons others that are funny or light hearted will mess with him because they are more popular than him.

-Normal peak level humans will somehow take him down with prep or super human intelligence.

-If Vergil comes along expect him to be twice the punching bag for any popular a to b lister.

-Nero ends up looking up to Big Blue and Cap because they don't treat him like a trolling abusive uncle who laughs at his own nephews problems.

Why?

Spider-Man and Deadpool quips > Dantes outdated 80s movie quips.

The Demifiend is powerful enough that he can outright punch multiversal divinities to death. No need for casting elaborate rituals or banishing them. He can physically punch them hard enough to obliterate them. All the other shit he has in his arsenal is but a bonus.

Along with that, he has innumerable demons and spirits under his employ, some of which are casual reality-wreckers themselves, spells that tear through whatever paltry defenses you could raise, physical durability to heights unfathomable, and even more. Not even mentioning that he solely exists to defy the power of YHVH, whose mere avatars form and destroy multiverses casually.

>Demifiend
>Thanos(w infinite gauntlet) beats him
>Anti monitor or true Trigon beats him
>Superboy Prime with time trapper beats him
>High end Lucifer and Micheal beats him
>God doom beats him
>black mage Dr strange beats him
PRESENCE AND THE ONE ABOVE ALL > YHVH

Lady definitely isn't.

Trish might.

>Thanos(w infinite gauntlet) beats him
You mean the guy who's gotten obliterated by shit lower on the totem scale than him, and regularly whiffs? Fucking Pixie could kill Thanos.

Not strong enough.

>Superboy Prime with time trapper beats him
See above. Not to mention that Prime is retarded and would probably try to tank an Almighty attack from him.

At best, they'd stalemate him.

>God doom beats him
Not strong enough.

>black mage Dr strange beats him
Strange can't even beat a depowered Shuma Gorath without massive fucking loopholes. Him trying to fight the Demifiend would go infinitely worse for him than those encounters.

>PRESENCE AND THE ONE ABOVE ALL > YHVH
The Presence is a maybe. TOAA is a flat no.

Marvel, I'd like to see a Spider-man, Deadpool and Dante team up.

Thanos loses; Anti-Monitor probably loses; Trigon loses the fight but some 'it was just an avatar' asspull implies that he wasn't going all out; Superboy Prime might win; Lucifer likely wins; Michael loses; not familiar enough with Doom or whatever bullshit 'black mage' Dr. Strange is but both their base forms lose and it's not even close.

YHVH's power is undefined, as is Presence and TOAA so there's no way to verify your claim.

I'd like to point out that Demifiend killed Kagutsuchi so damn hard that in the True Demon ending, creation was erased to expose the void where YHVH itself lay. Being capable of utilizing avatars won't really save you.

>Thanos
>You mean the guy who's gotten obliterated by shit lower on the totem scale than him, and regularly whiffs? Fucking Pixie could kill Thanos.

Thanos with the gauntleas surpassed the beyonders who has beaten the LT(AVATAR OF THE OAA). Omnipotent and all that.

>Not strong enough.

Read a teen titans arc or infinite crisis please. They were a threat to the dc universal reality s scaling to the Mzy(metanpotent being).

>SBP
>See above. Not to mention that Prime is retarded and would probably try to tank an Almighty attack from him.

He absorbs it regardless since he's immune to magic and can manipulate the energy. Silver age feats and all that.

>At best, they'd stalemate him.
Nope

>God doom beats him
>Not strong enough.
Nope

>black mage Dr strange
>Strange can't even beat a depowered Shuma Gorath without massive fucking loopholes. Him trying to fight the Demifiend would go infinitely worse for him than those encounters.
Nope

>PRESENCE AND THE ONE ABOVE ALL > YHVH
>The Presence is a maybe. TOAA is a flat no.
Nope, you don't read comics faggot.

It would be boring, deadpool is way more fun and out landish than Dante while Spidey is way more funnier, charming and naturally cooler. Dante would just be a straight man since his humor comes from taunting monsters and weaker opponents, so basically a try hard bully who things he's witty but not. DP and Spidey are way to popular to be out trolled and out quipped by him without it being the other way around

>Nope, you don't read comics faggot.
I actually do. Quite regularly. It's just that I have enough sense to know that there are settings equal to capeshit in craziness such as Cardcaptor Sakura/the CLAMPverse, Madoka, Digimon, Shinza, Nobilis, and SMT (where Demifiend is from). You're genuinely retarded/and or stunted in some capacity if you think that capeshit is the end all-be all of cosmic powertiers.

Not sure about Trish.

It'd be kind of weird if Dante was having sex with someone who looked exactly like his mother.

That said, there's a 50/50 shot it happened.

Attached: 1451109741519.jpg (759x1052, 147K)

Why are you in every thread relating to this series? We get it, you don’t like Dante and think that the other media for children is much more mature and deep. You can shut the fuck up and get lost now.

T.incel of bad gaming protag.

>calls other people incels
>posts 12 paragraph essays about why you don’t like a video game character
You need to get laid.

I like this. Dante in Marvel, Bayonetta in DC, allows them to be opposites when doing those big action shots or those "everyone posing in parallel" pages.

Anywhere from 95% to 100% of the time a "what if a non Yea Forums related thing was a Yea Forums related thing" thread is created, it's for the sole purpose of discussing things that are neither comics, nor cartoons.
Yea Forums is not a refugee board.
Go back to Everyone else, report the OP for breaking >>>Yea Forumsrules/1

Cheesy 80s quips > shit modern quips

Umm...maybe Trish don't know about Lady

DC, if only so he fight my nigger Etrigan

Attached: 1551243644150.png (600x859, 929K)

Depends. If this is a marvel that cares about their 70s supernatural shit then definitely marvel. It's easier to see him fighting Mindstar and Shuma gorath rather than eclipso and Felix Faust. If it's current marvel then DC because current marvel can't into good supernatural stuff.
Basically
>He'd fit in better with marvel cosmology but DC would handle him better rn.

Attached: IMG_0782.jpg (1821x2800, 809K)

I have never found my mother attractive during times that we've both been alive, but I saw pictures of my mom when she was a teenager and she was a fucking cutie ginger girl that looked like she belonged on that 70's show. Just a smaller version of Donna really. Maybe Dante would never bang his current era mom, but what about past mom when she was a hot 20yo? Probably.

>All this wish fufillment autisim with hot topic Hunter spiderman
>virgins

Dante really brings nothing to both franchises, and he's not even as popular in his company as the golden boys like rock, ryu, Chris and demtri who are Nintendo mascot popular.

it's western-inspired animu shit

Spidey has better 80s roasts and wisecracks.

Attached: 1533437002797.jpg (1200x1790, 350K)

>Thanos with the gauntleas surpassed the beyonders
The Infinity Gauntlet is not more powerful than a Beyonder.

>rock
ok sure
>ryu
ok sure
>Chris
Hmmm no not really at all no. Maybe Leon or Jill, but no one gives a shit about Chris.
>demtri
Demitri isn't even the most popular character from Darkstalkers what the fuck are you talking about. Morrigan > Dante > Demitri for sure as far as popularity goes bro.

Dante doesn't have any romantic feelings for Trish. Trish is basically just the friend that looks his mother. Lady is probably the one Dante might have romantic feelings for.

Spider-Man is kind of an asshole.

>Animu is full of absurd OP shit, it's not fun
>Everything in comics can defeat Animu shit, I love OP shit with literal gods XD
comic fans sure are keen to double truths.

Megaman is a dead franchise. Street Fighters ain't as popular as it use to be. Resident Evil is a mix bag. Darkstalkers is a dead franchise. DMC5 is a financial success.

he was a marvel character

Attached: wraith.jpg (383x600, 52K)

Dante fucks Trish

Yes, because the rest of the board is SO much better, right?

Neither.
Top Cow

BARRY XV-KUN YOU VIRGIN FAGGOT YOUTUBERFAG MOTHERFUCKER!

still butthurt that Yea Forums put you in your place you double nigger?

>DMC5 is a financial success.
>fags believe this and think this matters compared to games that are top 10 most sold(kh3/resievil2)

Though he's still more likable than Dante and Nero.

Marvel so he can fuck scarlet witch and black widow
dc has no good looking girls

Flock off XV-Kun

Hard mode, you must place both Dante AND Vergil in one setting and describe how they don't break it to pieces with their autistic fighting.

Attached: 1552535933946.jpg (3840x2160, 3.78M)

Thats weird bro i knew a girl who had the same thing about her dad i dont understand people who feel like that maybe its just cause my parents are ugly as fuck

I know little to nothing about DMC. Are those two ladies playing around? That's cute.

Well hopefully their ugly didn't rub off on you user.

>Marvel is more prone to tentacled eldritch menaces lurking in the shadows than DC.
Maybe? DC has more magic users and heaven and hell dimensions, tho.

>Devil May Cry threads on every board
>Every big nerdy Youtuber is doing a video on it
>Normies talking about it in work

Has anyone ever been more btfo than Tameem?

>ugh, Superman is such an OP Gary Stu, he’s too strong, he’s such a shit character

>lmao Goku and Saitama can totally beat Superman’s ass!! Here is a 40+ minute video of why they can to it with two hands behind their backs

He literally punched god in the face

How would Nero do? He's more of a straight-laced by the numbers demon hunter than Dante, he'd probably be super chill to hang out with.

Attached: 0.00000 fear.jpg (305x748, 166K)

He's not anywhere near as powerful as Dante is, so you could probably insert him into a setting without him fucking it up too much.

>Not anywhere near as powerful as Dante
>Gets past phase 1 Urizen, something even DT Dante couldn't do
>"That bitch slap nearly killed me

Not to mention he has a devil trigger and a literal Stand now, he's on the cusp of surpassing uncle Dante.

Superboy prime is basically just DC's demifiend but just a bit stronger, being able to punch reality itself. Keep in mind that beings capable of simply being punched to death aren't that powerful in the context of the dcu compared to various extra dimensional beings and concepts given form.

A sucker punch Dante wasn't defending himself against hardly means he's on par with Dante.

>Keep in mind that beings capable of simply being punched to death aren't that powerful in the context of the dcu compared to various extra dimensional beings and concepts given form.
That's literally every demon in SMT. They're concepts given proper form through human perception,and each and every one of them has all the power attributed to them as per their myths.

So YHVH has all the power and might that one would expect of the Abrahamic God, solely because of human perceptions, and so do beings like Shiva, Brahma, Visnu, Ra, Odin, etc. The entities that Demifiend murders throughout his adventures eventually include casual universe-destroyers and worse, and his final story encounter involves killing the avatar of YHVH perpetuating the whole clusterfuck, which blinks multiverses in and out of existence regularly. He kills it.

>NO U
good think I'm not an animu fan either. Grow up, manchildren.

Stopping Dante and Vergil in SDT while they're ready to kill each other at the same time means something.

Dammit, Tommy, can't you find a different angle for your MarLEL hatred? All this "DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM" is getting boring. Can't you go back to hating on Namor? Or at least Magneto?

Why are you even asking this?

He is already part of Marvel vs Capcom franchise

>Dante
>fucking

How dare you, user. Best boy is pure.

If he's fucking anything it's the pizza. He still has needs, and soft warm crust can provide.

Marvel New York's about as wacky as Kamurocho is, he'd fit in well with the street level characters there. He's just be walking around Chinatown thwacking goons and Iron Fist would stare dumbfounded at this weirdly photogenic 50 year old guy dressed like an 80s gigolo using magic fire aura to smash bicycles to pieces. And then he'd go and order an entire restuarant's menu to recover.

Marvel's Japan is a bet more fleshed out in terms of superheroes than DC's but they're both pretty sparse and atypical.

>Dante
>not quipping

Play the fucking games.

>play a video game
Fuck no.

Dante doesn't deal with wizards as much as he does with demons and their ilk. Midnight Sons is more his style than Books of Magic or even Hellblazer which doesn't focus heavily on action-packed solutions for dispatching hellish monstrosities.

Attached: 3a54046aa156e3c0f749c668fc333eb0.jpg (800x1050, 120K)

Nah

Attached: 1551926522300.jpg (526x571, 28K)

>He literally punched god in the face
Kagutsuchi is just an avatar, bro. And according to SMT IV A DLC he got fuck by Lucifer. Even the True Demon is inconclusive and he never got to punch god in the face, he just fought against other gods and demons.

Demifiend is not that strong, there's people like Serph that surpass him in powers and Serph actually got to meet THE God in DDS2.

Attached: 1549306200578.jpg (1200x1200, 541K)

Damn, meant for

I always wanted a Ghost Rider to act like Dante

Attached: Johnny Blaze The Ghost Rider.jpg (1009x1400, 578K)

Attached: Dormammu.png (1313x783, 1.61M)

Bullshit, there were making out in Viewtiful Joe.

>Demifiend is not that strong
The fucker is pretty damn strong, i think you're discrediting him a bit. Going off the TDE and the general way Messiahs work he is able to wage war against the YHVH of his universe and win. If you want to be technical I guess Aleph may be considered stronger as we got to see him personally kill his universe's YHVH but Demi-fiend is probably more then capable of it.

Attached: 1691985_p0.jpg (500x647, 69K)

>And according to SMT IV A DLC he got fuck by Lucifer.
SMT Lucifer is strong enough that nothing short of YHVH himself, Stephen, or the Axiom proper can hope to outmatch him. This is not an accurate comparison at all.

dante says hell in 4

>Going off the TDE and the general way Messiahs work he is able to wage war against the YHVH of his universe and win.
Messiahs exists because the Great Will allows it and to fight YHVH. Demifiend is strong, there's no deny in that but he's nowhere the top in the SMTverse. Not only Serph (and not Seraph, his strongest form), defeated him. Stephen is also in another level of power, even the 4 messiahs combined weren't able to do real harm to him, SMT IV A mentioned Lucifer fuck him over after his fight with Kagutsuchi and Dante from the Devil May Cry series didn't even used his DT against him.
Just an example to explain that while strong (Demifiend), there's other beings above him.

Attached: 1545283168375.jpg (2100x1576, 410K)

>And according to SMT IV A DLC
Why are you counting non canon DLC into this? Messiahs inthe Diamond Realm is just a dumb fan service dlc, not something written as an extension of the story.
Depends on the universe, in different universes different demons seem to be stronger. SMT Nocturne Lucifer does seem pretty fucking powerful while SMTIV Lucifer seems rather weak all things considered.

>not only Serph (and not Seraph, his strongest form), defeated him
>SMT IV A mentioned Lucifer fuck him over after his fight with Kagutsuchi
A appearance as a hidden super boss and fan service dlc aren't really something you should consider with this. He's not the absolute strongest, obviously Stephen and The Axiom hold that position, but he's still as strong as any other messiah.

>Why are you counting non canon DLC into this?
Because is official material related to what happen to him and the other messiahs. Hell, Stephen mentions he's going to return them to their original worlds and erase their memories, and the Flynn we see there could be one of the many Flynns from SMT IV.

>A appearance as a hidden super boss and fan service dlc aren't really something you should consider with this.
I think you should, because hidden bosses and fanservice doesn't make the thing less important. If Raidou is the one fighting Demifiend, his cat describes the events and why they are there and the world to the viewer. they serve a purpose.

I'm not denying his power, all that I'm saying is that he is not the strong, especially compared to the other powerhouses from the SMTverse.

that strong*

>comparing Stephen to literally anything else
Stephen could bitchslap everything in this thread so far with contemptuous ease. Probably without even leaving that chair of his. He's not a fair comparison or measure of strength for anything.

>He's not a fair comparison or measure of strength for anything.
We are talking about power, he deserves a mention.

I bet he'd fit perfectly in

Both Dante and Vergil weren't exactly at their best when Nero abruptly interfered.

>Devil Meme Cringe
Marvel, directed by James Gunn

Dante, Trish and Lady are kind of a BFf trio. So yeah their good friends playing around a bit

Kiryu is jap Luke Cage so I'd go with Marvel.

Luke Cage wishes he was anything like that.

Honestly Dante vs Doom would be pretty sweet. Their characters would play off eachother nicely.

>is in a romantic and sexual relationship with a clone of his dead mother

Dante's a weird guy.

Attached: 1977706-devil_may_cry_1_b_michael_turner.jpg (495x751, 45K)

Easy, they'd fuck instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=CtziOLfckeo

I didn't realise Dante was into trannies

Attached: 1544048553346.png (1080x1920, 3.16M)

SERVING JUSTICE AT 12:15

Image of course? They cornered the market with the Hellish aesthetic in the 90s.

Plus imagine Dante and Invincible shooting the shit on how kicking ass doesn't make them enough money.