Good movie?

Good movie?

Attached: Brisby.jpg (720x717, 45K)

Never saw it but visually it looks likes bluths best works short of dragons lair

Fantastic movie. Check it out ASAP

Also 1337 checked

I only knew of it because of NC. Honestly amazing movie on first watch.

Beautiful and charming. Bluth kind of shoved magic into the original story from the book because he thinks all movies for children require magic, but I don't think it harms it too much.

Very good movie. Visually stunning and with great characters. Darker, more mature storyline than most Disney movies from the same time period as well.

Also, name a better mouse mom.

(PROTIP: You can't.)

Attached: mrs-brisby-saves-the-day.jpg (599x451, 61K)

I mean it's not Toniko Pantoja-good, but it's good maybe

Really good movie. Mrs. Brisby is a case study of what an actual strong female lead is

Attached: the-secret-of-nimh-owl.jpg (1280x696, 148K)

Was it magic, or was it SUFFICIENTLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY?

ending felt rushed to me

Well I'm pretty sure Bluth outright called it magic, but either works, I guess. Still no explanation for how Nicodemus went from an average rat to some kind of rodent Gandalf in a few years, though, despite their backstory explaining pretty much everything else. Just kinda shoved in there. But it's still a good film.

Honestly one of the greatest animated films of all time. It still holds up to this day.

In every aspect but the story.

>I repost the same exact image
>I am a huge waifufag

Incredible movie. People like to point out Bluth’s weaker movies, but films like Nimh and Land Before Time were some of the best animated movies out there.

I didn’t mind that, though. Just like how Man was initially a mysterious magical thing to the mice, the “magic” in the movie is just a level of science that they hadn’t fully been able to explain yet.

The rats were so advanced that they learned English immediately, and understood it. Them progressing to a point where they were mastering the mind and technology in ways yet unexplainable made sense. Think about when ancient civilizations would create these huge fantastical and incorrect reasons for basic things like the sun.

Nicodemus was already on a level beyond everyone else. He had advanced way more than say Justin.

Brisby is proof that the “Strong female hero” thing going on now is in itself detrimental.

Mrs. Brisby was as brave and kind as you could be. She didn’t want anyone to be hurt, but she stepped up to the plate to save her family and do whatever she had to do. She wasn’t some kung fu super fighter, she was a brave mother who went to hell and back for her family.

Might as well be both, but mostly the latter. The experiments gave rats boosted intelligence and at least one of them got ESP and telekinesis. It sounds like the NIMH is on the brink of a transhumanism event horizon.

I don't see how those things are mutually exclusive, both in terms of mere existence and even as different aspects of the same character.

Attached: 0_DFHpDJOfLvL1snlh.jpg (300x400, 37K)

Not just good. Many people consider it THE BEST. And it certainly could be. There's enough arguments for it. 10/10 in any case.

I only watched NIMH and Land Before Time (1). Are any of the sequels, or anything else don by Bluth any good?

Everything by Bluth is good, some of his stories are a bit lame, but it's all worth seeing for the animation alone. "All dogs go to heaven" is a must-watch. It's easier to specify his weaker movies (even though they still look nice and are at least 6/10) which are "Penguin and the pebble", "A troll in central park" and "Rock a doodle" (the last one is worth watching if only for the sexy bird girl though).

I had the NIMH including All Dogs Go to Heaven on VHS

Attached: Hent-99.jpg (593x425, 36K)

>animation alone
I don't get the joke

Very good, watch it

It has th is strange, mature, mildly mythical/unexplored moodI rarely find in any movie

I talked to one of the animators who was in charge of setting up the lightbulbs behind the owls eyes to get that effect.

and...

His movies look good, they're pleasant to look at, what's to get?

Titan A.E. was awful to look at, much less watch.

Stylistically quite strong, but has some plot issues. Worth a watch