Weekend Yea Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.fandom.com/wiki/The_Yea Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/106331838/

Attached: 1529431825969.jpg (848x1200, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/106331838/#106369443
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Last time:

-Yea Forumsnrad comic ideas
-Seasons Girls discussion, plotting out their story arc
-Off season holiday crossover story
-Clown hero who inspires fear in everyone
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Attached: 1327640588602.jpg (840x894, 277K)

>using an old picture
Wow, you guys are running out of content. You're all talk

I can't tell exactly if Winter has kindness or smug in her expression but I like her.

It's a rich person expression I assume.

Is there a powerlevel scale in the Yea Forumsverse? Who would be the top 10 strongest characters in this setting?

Winter's actual character is the least defined of the group, so it's hard to say. There was an active push to keep her away from having too many typical rich girl traits, but since most of the focus was on what not to make her, what she should be instead got left behind a bit.

Civilians < Street level (simple gadgets, martial arts, minor or no superpowers) < super powers (tech, magic, metahuman, mutation, etc) < Divinities < Cosmic Ones (up to and including interfering with the 4th wall).

So the strongest would be the Cosmic Ones.

But has there ever been a discussion on which individual characters were the strongest?

If strength is defined in the ability to utterly devastate reality, there's not much contention.

Now, the strongest of each GROUP is something that is easier to discuss.
Like how Skathi is the strongest of the Justice Coalition.
Or Collateral Damage Man is the strongest of the Justice Yea Forumsmrades.

Then there's guys like Nyxiontus who are basically Frieza-tier.

Attached: 1456860234481.png (900x1200, 272K)

Attached: 1513810347293.png (1600x1200, 886K)

The strongest is theoretically Whisper.
Next is the Archivist, who could erase anyone but Whisper, but she's heavily restricted from interfering with the setting.
Probably the strongest being that doesn't have their hands tied would be one of the elder gods in the Evilverse, or Belvraik, the universe devouring jellyfish.

Belvraik is more like a force of (cosmic) nature.
You could say a black hole is powerful, but it's not powerful in a comparable way.

And apparently when two black holes eat each other and send out gravity waves, if you translate those waves to sounds you get some looney toons whistles.

I wonder where the stuff goes that Bleak Hole sucks up.

In his sadsack.

Sadsack changed his name a while ago.

Now what if we created a a ironically powerful being to contest with these forces on a semi-regularly basis?

>ironically powerful
explain

At first I was thinking of Frankensteining all of the overpowered cosmic forces from DC and Marvel like Mad Jim Jasper, Anti-Tribunal, etc. But I believe we could do better than that. Maybe some kind of pompous, all knowing cosmic force that exudes their power but doesn't do anything because everything in existence is for their amusement. No one likes him because all he does is talk shit.

That doesn't sound very interesting a concept honestly. It'd be like making a biography comic about a 5000 IQ human who just happens to be an asocial nerd that sits and posts on Yea Forums all day

Can we do the Frankensteining without the better-than-you attitude then? It could form a personality along the way.

Ok, put together a list of all the aforementioned, overpowered cosmic forces, then see which of their defining visual traits/characteristics stands out from the others and put them altogether, like Yea Forums did with Yea Forumslette

Yea Forumslette is not something we should keep repeating.

what is the original list of characters put together to make Yea Forumslette anyhow

Why not? It depends on how good the parts fit or are put together. And if all parts need to be used.

Attached: Marvel.jpg (1102x846, 354K)

Attached: marvel_cosmic_entities.png (3283x2891, 962K)

They're listed on her wiki page.

Nyxiontus sort of almost fits that role.

Attached: dc_cosmic_entities.png (2000x1866, 2.92M)

So many re just human looking dudes

All attempts to replicate the Yea Forumslette creation end in less than satisfactory results.

>It depends on how good the parts fit or are put together.
And they never fit.

Even the original Yea Forumslette isn't that satisfactory. She doesn't have the blonde long hair of Layla Miller and her uniform looks nothing like Jessica Rabbit, Power Girl, Storm or Kim Possible

Honestly, I'd rather lean into Nyxiontus than make something just for this. Nyx has already been played around with as being kind of casually disinterested due to his raw power, so he seems like the sort that might just go around fucking with top tier cosmic beings because he can.

He wants the challenge, so he totally would fuck with cosmic beings when he finds them.

So what are his options? Space is big, really big. Even one galaxy is unfathomably big and there's like 100 trillion of them plus the space between them.

How does he lure a Cosmic One to him? How does he even learn of them?

I think Layla as a style thing rather than a color thing and she has power girl's cleavage window.

He stands around holding a sign that says "Fight me, coward".

So who would take him up on it?

Fighting the space jellyfish is like a normal human trying to stop a battle ship with their bare hands.

I, galactic knight Herzvod, champion of planet Ernchael, will end his tyranny.

Attached: file.png (900x1200, 373K)

He looks the sort to give a grand speech filled with angst and cliches which Nyxiontus will constantly cut him off during to say what he was going to say before he can say it.

Then he thinks Nyxiontus is just doing foul mind reading and begins to talk about his blade and how it's special, forged from whatever the fuck over countless generations for the sole purpose of defeating Nyxiontus.
By this point his people are actually looking hopeful since they are an entire race of emos who pretty much get off on darkness black dark night darkness, something Nyxiontus should also bring up repeatedly and list off the last 10 champions from his planet with swords forged in the same way.
Nyxiontus, at this point, thinks Herzvod's planet is playing an elaborate prank or training their champions wrong on purpose or both.

In the end, Nyxiontus beats him by throwing a rock at him.

That's the first impression my half-asleep brain makes up.

I was imagining something like:
>I, galactic knight Herzvod of Ernchael will end your tyranny!
>Where?
>Ernchael.
>Where's that?
>It's the fifth planet in the Dromol solar system.
>...
>In the Grand Arc galaxy.
>Still nothing.
>I can show you on the star chart.
>No, no, I'll get it.
>We've got that sun where there's another, tiny star orbiting it at close range, but the strength of magnetic repulsion of the suns keeps the gravity of large one from being able to pull the tiny one in.
>Oh, that sounds cool. Hey, you mind going to check that out before we fight?
>I was kind of trying to have a moment here.
>You know, that's fair, I have all the time to go see it after you die.
Nyx obliterates him.
>
>
>
>I forgot to ask what the name of that star was.

cough

We had started discussion the Seasons girls again last thread, and there was some headway made on their powers posted here: desuarchive.org/co/thread/106331838/#106369443

Seems like several people thought this was a good idea, especially since it ties into actual medieval alchemy/magic. I would move in favor of using these as the powers for the seasons girls, especially since most of them are relatively unaffected.

Guess they appear like what the person think they look like.
Since the reader is human, they will look human.
Or its a perfect form of a 3 dimensional lifeform. So when they materialize they will look human.

Guess if he destroy or damages the plane of existence. Like ripping time, transwarp or dimensional surface, it will create a wave of energy.
Than depending on the being, it will go there.
If its a higher being it will come to investigate out of curiosity. Or defend it if this threatens his realm.
If its a predator, this is a sign of a potential and much like a spider he will travel there to see who entered his web.

Galactus in particular is explicitly different depending on who's looking at it.

Attached: file.png (600x895, 1.57M)

I really like these. Feels very Astro-fighter sunred.

Attached: 2019MAR17_nyx_doodle.jpg (848x1200, 335K)

Good to know. So the Galactus we know is because the Fantastic 4 met him first.

Wouldn't the name of the star be Dromol? Or Drom?

Like how our star is named Sol, hence Solar system?

He probably hunts those giant ship eating space fish for sport then.

Dromol isn't necessarily the star he was talking about, since they had gotten onto the subject of the Grand Arc galaxy. When Herzvod said "we've got", he could have meant the galaxy had it.

That striked 19, thats cute!

Neat.

Not sure how many fights he'd get just standing by the side of a road holding that sign. Maybe he does that randomly on worlds in his domain and beyond just to fuck with the denizens.

Attached: Audrey_by_SummerTea.jpg (1062x597, 36K)

Attached: colby.jpg (1776x2000, 327K)

For now, we might want to just limit ourselves to one galaxy.

A lot of... an amount so small that it is cosmically unnoticeable of empty space between galaxies has probably been stolen to create those extra dimensional planes and pocket dimensions.

I mean I'm all for it. Autumn's powers always seemed lame and unfitting.

I wouldn't say he inspires fear in everyone, but if your afraid of clowns and a criminal, he's going to surprise you.

I don't really give a shit as long as Fall gets to have a pack of spirit animals.

She's supposed to be tactical and stuff, makes sense she should be a pack leader. Suits her personally more than Summer having them and being "in tune with nature" is not the same as having invisible ghost wolves.

But why would Autumn have them? Isn't she supposed to have the worst natural magical ability? She's team leader, her "pack" is the other girls.

It's not something that should be part of her default arsenal, but could be something she picks up along the way. Summer has the greatest affinity for Spirits, but I would imagine her as being a lot more likely to self-buff using them.

I think we've used the idea before that some mages use Spirits as a crutch for their low magical affinity. You can bind spirits and get them to do stuff for you if you aren't great at magic. We could make a plot point out of Marigold trying to figure out ways to mitigate her low magical affinity and ending up being 2nd only to Summer in spiritual affinity.

Spring is more of the team leader than Fall, Fall is just the one assigned to be team leader by Marion and it has always been a point of contention between the two.
I'd rather match powers to them by personality at this point than old elements since narratively having both a wood AND an earth element user on the team is redundant.

Seriously, it is so goddamn limiting even having them play just a supporting role in a story if we only base their powers off of the old elements. That's why I gave Fall, FALL WHO HAS OVER TEN YEARS EXPERIENCE BEING A MAGICAL GIRL IN THIS CONTEXT, a pack of spirit animals so she could actually be useful in a fight.

>I'd rather match powers to them by personality at this point than old elements since narratively having both a wood AND an earth element user on the team is redundant.
Except Spring isn't even "wood"-based. Her stuff's always vines and flowers.

Wood strikes me as a catch all for anything that germinates, which Spring has dominion over.
But anyway, you get my point, right?

I feel like everyone fails to notice that the Seasons Girls I'm talking about aren't the rookies who just got their powers, but have been in a game long enough to actually know what they're doing with them.

>if we only
First off, it's never been about only giving them powers directly related to their elements, it's about using the elements for thematic purposes.

>so she could actually be useful in a fight
Second, it seems pretty ridiculous to suggest she's unable to do anything useful in a fight without having summons to all the work for her. She's the least magically apt, but she's got the most technical knowhow for combat because her father was a proud military man and they bonded over training. That's part of why his knife is so important to her.

>But anyway, you get my point, right?
No, not at all. Fall's Earth, leaning more into stone and hardwood, should be a lot different from Spring's more soft, living plantlife. Besides which, Spring also gets Wind to work with.

If you were to imagine their powers as visuals, Fall is hard, edged lines, solid shapes, etc. Spring is smooth, curves, spirals, etc. They don't seem at all redundant to me.

You can't put people in a submissive hold if they can literally blow your ear drums out with a word.
You can't stab someone if they are able to become like paper and totally evade your blows.
You can't touch someone who is up in the sky like a kite dropping cars on you.
You can't get close to someone if they have dropped the surrounding temperature to sub-zero levels.

Combat training, which is good against normal shit, is close to being worthless against magical shit.

In what way does this disqualify Fall from having a pack of spirit animals?

>Combat training, which is good against normal shit, is close to being worthless against magical shit.
You can do all that when your shtick includes anti-magic techniques and magic that makes you more durable.

>In what way does this disqualify Fall from having a pack of spirit animals?
Shut the fuck up about the goddamn spirit animals. You turn every fucking conversation about this into some bullshit "what about the spirit animals?" nonsense, when you've been told dozens of times that you can still do the spirit animals with dirt, stones, and anything else in Fall's purview.

It's baffling to me that 60 years ago some Marvel shuckster was able to take the four elements and turn them into heroes almost immediately, whereas you guys are still here a year later with these Season Girls still incapable of deciding what makes them distinct and what elements of mythology/nature they should be based on

>In what way does this disqualify Fall from having a pack of spirit animals?
I seriously don't get your point then, because as far as I could tell we were discussing whether Spring and Fall's powers were redundant.

My first post in this conversation was about the spirit animals, what did you think I was going to discuss?

If you guys want to talk about elements, then you do that.

I can't help but notice you skipping over this completely reasonable post suggesting a compromise in favor of continuing to interpret every other post as an attack on your ideas.

Sure, whatever, I got dragged into discussing the fucking elements again when I brought up their personalities.

We've had a solid pitch for them for months that's just been constantly resisted by one person.

Do we have any other Irish characters?

Attached: 1327640712538 colette.jpg (447x463, 84K)

If there's consensus besides one annoying asshole then just update the wiki with what others have agreed on. Don't let some shithead prevent forward progress.

If you had a constant artist on board you could just make more comics. The canon created and enforced by that alone would make the resistance irrelevant and everyone would ignore him. Without the output there, the resistance is more louder since there's nothing else to drown it out.

OK, I feel this is going in a weird direction.

I am not attacking the progress you are saying, I brought up one power I wanted Fall to have in a post that I thought was clear that I was fine with whatever as long as she had that.
Someone asked me why I wanted her to have that power and I told you why: because I thought that fit with her tactical personality. Wouldn't they try to mold their powers in ways that fit their personalities and preferences?
I thought spirit animals fit better than "leaves on the wind" or whatever is on the wiki.

Yeah, I think wood and earth are redundant as elements, but I don't really want to have a discussion about what element each girl has. I'm more interested in what each girl actually does.

So please, whatever it is that I have said to somehow garner this kind of negative blow back, I'm sorry.
I'm not trying to argue which girl has what element. The only reason why I even brought up the earth/wood thing in the first place is because I have been writing the Yea Forumsle story with them playing a supporting role and gave them some powers to play around with in it and ended up tweaking them from what was on the wiki to make them more fun for me to use in this writing project.

>I'm not trying to argue which girl has what element. The only reason why I even brought up the earth/wood thing in the first place is because I have been writing the Yea Forumsle story with them playing a supporting role and gave them some powers to play around with in it and ended up tweaking them from what was on the wiki to make them more fun for me to use in this writing project.
Speaking as the writer of the off-season Christmas story and some other plot outlines - just go with what seems interesting/most cohesive to you, even if that differs from the 'main' idea everyone's working on. There's no reason we can't have both.

Most of my criticisms of them just stem from my mindset in writing their actions and dialogue while trying to make them fun and entertaining to read about.
I didn't realize I was stepping on some sort of elemental nerve by bringing up what powers I thought Fall would have.

I really hope I'm going to have this Yea Forumsle story done by next weekend so someone might actually read it. I only have the last "issue" and the epilogue to go now.

Alright, let's do a writeup and see if we're all on the same page now:

>Lily
>Spring
>Two Daggers
>Wind element
>Powers themed around beginnings and renewal. She can induce the growth and manipulation of plant and animal life, wake sleeping magics, and control the wind.
In practical terms, she's the fast one, able to use her wind to propel herself and enhance her mobility. Conversely, she can also lock down targets with her vines, and create specialized plants for various other purposes.

>Daisy
>Summer
>An Axe
>Fire element
>Powers themed around life and invigoration. She can take spirits into her body to augment herself, as well as create and control fire.
A berserker sort of character, she can shrug off damage and deal more back. She has the deepest connection to her seasonal spirit out of the four of them, which caused her horn growth, and also makes her body resilient to harm.

>Marigold
>Fall
>A Branch that changes shape
>Earth element
>Powers themed around hardiness and the culmination of work. She can enhance her durability, break enchantments, abjure spells, and shape earth and stone, allowing her to create vessels for spirits to inhabit.
The mage-killer, she's not as skilled with magic, so she forces mages to fight on her terms. In order to make up for her limited offensive magical skills, she pursued spiritual connections and developed a strategy of imbuing earth and stone with spirits to quickly create disposable makeshift golems.

>Clara
>Winter
>A Staff
>Water element
>Powers themed around rest and stillness. She can mend broken things and heal people, or just as easily induce sleep and sap strength, as well as command ice and water.
The classical mage. She's the most skilled and knowledgeable about magic, and the healer of the group.

Manipulation of animal life might be too OP for Lily since humans are also animals.

I'm not sure how Clara can heal. Is this like manipulating the water in the body to accelerate recovery? Educing sleep seems like it would be dangerous since it would be like limiting blood flow to her target's brain.
Also of note, her staff has a lens at the top of it, she can freeze things in place (without ice) if she looks at them through the lens, but the effect ends as soon as she blinks or otherwise breaks her stare.

Winter is classically associated with rest, not just in terms of sleep but rejuvenation as well.
>Educing sleep seems like it would be dangerous since it would be like limiting blood flow to her target's brain.
It's magic, user. You can fluff the details however you want.

Why are the spring and fall elements not switched?

Why would they be switched?

Attached: 1552280754847[1].gif (711x485, 12K)

Spring is the windiest season on average in most parts of the world, so it has a history of being associated with wind in many European and Asian mythology. Autumn is historically associated with earth because it's the harvest season, reaping the bounties of the ground, and leaves from trees returning to the earth.

I dunno. I guess I just associated Spring with earth since it's green and you have all the new life and stuff, whereas the image of fall is of leaves blowing in the wind.

This is why trying to base a magical girl quartet on 'seasons' rather than 'elements' is silly because noone can agree on what the seasons represent

>I guess I just associated Spring with earth since it's green
Think of what people mean to when they refer to "Earth tones", and you can see the connection. Earth in this context is more referring to the ground, and stone.

Attached: file.png (400x140, 13K)

Pretty much every time the astrological elements for the seasons is brought up, it has wide support and narrow complaints. It's got longstanding historical support in what is supposed to be a story about ancient traditions.

That's what I thought of as well since that's how Avatar: The Last Airbender did it.

It's a conversation I'm honestly tired of and I'll just go along with whatever when it's finally time for me to update the wiki page.

The season thing plays a role since the girls all have to be born on the respective solstices and equinoxes to get the powers.
Other than that, there's no further connection really.

When the arguments are "This has historical precedence, cultural significance, and resonates with the themes of the story" and "It just feels this way to me personally", I think it makes more sense to go with the former rather than the latter.

>because noone can agree
A lot of people can agree and then we can keep having this argument on repeat anyway because one person keeps fighting it.

Sorry, no, you're dealing with new people now.

I'd believe that if I wasn't reading the same lines every time. It's always the "leaves blowing on the wind" spiel.

You could make it less obvious.

Well, can you come up with a better argument than the historical references?

Make your case then. Are you actually opposed to the Astrological elements, and if so, how and why should it be changed? I pitched , trying to take various perspectives into account, and my reasoning should be pretty clear.

FWIW I'm pretty sure Avatar did earth=spring fall=wind as well and that's part of why I associate them as such

That's fine for explaining why your particular world view was formulated like that, but it's not a good argument for using the same system here. One of the central themes is based on ancient European mythology and traditions being inherited through the ages into modern times. It's important to distance your biases from your ability to analyze what is better suited to the story.

Can we just get Magi to chime in and say how he's doing it, since he's the only one doing anything productive with these characters anyway?

No one would ever want to reply to that sort of loaded response, no argument was even presented to merit such a response. Only calcification was given.

Everyone just needs to calm down already.

I can't even tell what response you mean.

>no argument was even presented
Throwing stones from a glass house, buddy.

Boss Moss I think.

Attached: 1373815717326.png (841x600, 68K)

How much does Irish blood count for?

Attached: file.png (600x800, 29K)

Not sure. Probably at least a little?

How totally drunk does Yea Forumsverse Chicago get for St. Patrick's Day?

Does she have a drinking buddy?

Delta for sure.

Attached: 1390793905031.png (600x800, 48K)

>tattoo on fur
huh

Maybe it's one of those sewed on patterns?

...that sound unpleasant.

What's more convenient than a drinking buddy that can grow a couple extra livers as soon as it's time to sober up?

Well, that's convenient for them, but not for our girl. Although this makes me think that delta might creeply offer liver transplant, that motion is like " thanks but no thanks. "

Attached: 8a03cde365b60027196115df9760464ee6ca484d.png (946x486, 142K)

I think there was a pitch for Evilverse Delta where they'd been creating limbs and organs to use for transplants to help keep people alive in the apocalypse scenario, which ended up going horribly wrong because Evilverse Delta got corrupted by the elder gods and everyone that had a transplant from them got corrupted too.

Because the drunker Delta gets, the more likely they are to start shapeshifting into strange things?

What sort of strange things?

For instance, if Delta is drinking with Motion, a Motion with bigger boobs, or
Motion: "I can't keep drinking..."
Delta: "Sure you can!" sprouts a second head that looks like Motion's head and drinks using that head.
or actually gets drunk and turns into a mass of tentacles because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Just be careful not to take things too far, or you start getting Deep Dream Delta.

Attached: giphy[1].gif (636x275, 3.35M)