Doom Patrol is already great. Brendan Fraser just made the greatest career choice he could have possibly made

Doom Patrol is already great. Brendan Fraser just made the greatest career choice he could have possibly made.

This is just like Robert Downey Jr. He took Iron Man because his career was toast and fastforward to today and he's the most beloved actor in Hollywood. In ten years we'll be talking about Brendan Fraser and Robotman the same way. We're seeing history being made right here.

Attached: doom_patrol_robotman_poster.jpg (696x1031, 223K)

Brendan probably could even return to action roles, if he hit the gym. Or he has some health problems?

Attached: brendan-fraser-the-mummy-reboot-03.jpg (1200x800, 346K)

Apparently The Mummy destroyed his body, but I don't know much more about it than that.

Yeah, I think he's in a lot of pain. At least he was, hopefully he's found some relief. This is from his GQ profile last year, if anyone is interested in him they should check it out.

>The films, in addition to having diminishing returns, were causing a physical toll: He was a big man doing stunts, running around in front of green screens, going from set to set. His body began to fall apart. “By the time I did the third Mummy picture in China,” which was 2008, “I was put together with tape and ice—just, like, really nerdy and fetishy about ice packs. Screw-cap ice packs and downhill-mountain-biking pads, 'cause they're small and light and they can fit under your clothes. I was building an exoskeleton for myself daily.” Eventually all these injuries required multiple surgeries: “I needed a laminectomy. And the lumbar didn't take, so they had to do it again a year later.” There was a partial knee replacement. Some more work on his back, bolting various compressed spinal pads together. At one point he needed to have his vocal cords repaired. All told, Fraser says, he was in and out of hospitals for almost seven years.

>He laughs a small, sad laugh. “This is gonna really probably be a little saccharine for you,” Fraser warns. “But I felt like the horse from Animal Farm, whose job it was to work and work and work. Orwell wrote a character who was, I think, the proletariat. He worked for the good of the whole, he didn't ask questions, he didn't make trouble until it killed him.… I don't know if I've been sent to the glue factory, but I've felt like I've had to rebuild shit that I've built that got knocked down and do it again for the good of everyone. Whether it hurts you or not.”

>that green text

Jesus, no wonder he decided to be robotman. They've had roughly the same experience.

Sounds like Robotman was the perfect choice for him.

I never got it, we are told to go to the gym to be in better health, but if something bad happens it is counter-effective and we get injuries which prevent us from training properly. What gives?

>I don't know if I've been sent to the glue factory, but I've felt like I've had to rebuild shit that I've built that got knocked down and do it again for the good of everyone. Whether it hurts you or no

Attached: 1516189582119.jpg (741x441, 14K)

like everything, too much of it is bad, especially wiith bad form and if you pile up on injury

>like everything, too much of it is bad
I wouldn't consider "too much money" to be bad.

The human body can only take so much damage before it becomes impossible to repair itself. I cant imagine all the takes Fraser had to do where hes running and jumping like a madman. People were not meant to be action movie stars, let alone doing action shit over and over for months on end

Look into what happens to lottery winners.

>By the time I did the third Mummy picture in China,” which was 2008
I feel pretty bad, he was the best part of that movie. The movie barely feels like a mummy movie.

Attached: 99506.jpg (1000x1426, 773K)

Unless you're Tom Cruise in which case the power of Xenu keeps your body in peak condition.

It took place in fucking China, of course it didn't.

Why did a movie called The Mummy take place in China?

Trying to get dem chinabux a little too soon.

Well, it did work. The movie turned a profit.

Tom is also 5'7 while Brendan is 6'3, I'd imagine the differences in builds alter the amount of punishment your body can reasonably take and bounce back from

Maybe Frasier also didn't have all the personal trainers and care like, say, sports pro stars have.
I he's got the oney, he should probably look into those. Seen some soccer players recover from serious injuries pretty fast.

Damn, he's big. Imagine if he'd been able to play Bane.

Life is good.

>Doom Patrol is already great.
>This is just like Robert Downey Jr.
>We're seeing history being made right here.

Attached: 1531100551508.gif (221x268, 3.89M)

Shut the fuck up gamer scum.

I still can't believe it. /ourguy/ finally got unjusted.

I loved him throwing shade at that terrible Mummy reboot a few years ago.

Attached: Based Fraser.png (1630x1204, 1.2M)

>#notmymummy
Based

cashing in on Jet Li before he's too old

He's not wrong. Robert Downey was having shade thrown at him from the likes of The Simpsons and damn near everyone before his Iron Man comeback. Nobody was even making jokes at Brendan's expense.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang got him a bit of credibility back pre-Iron Man, to be fair. Movie may not've not been a commercial hit, but fucking hell it's a riot.

Sad Brendan became a meme

This. Brendan Fraser has been seen as a joke for years. He's in the perfect position to make a comeback.

Even Muppets took a shot at him. I recall some Cookie Monster TV appearance having him go "Me Robert Downey Jr of cookies"

anyone got a mega hookup?

bigger question is, will he have to shell out even more money because of his divorce thing?

I was actually named after Brendan Fraser. Glad to see him bouncing back.

nope. alimony time is up. hes a free man

At what point is it less expensive to just buy an accident?

It was always less expensive, at one point the payments were $900K a year.

I've just finished the pilot. This is brilliant!