Why Nick, WHY?

>Back in January 2018, when the project was still titled Amusement Park, Paramount fired its director Dylan Brown following an investigation over complaints of “inappropriate and unwanted conduct.” According to reports at the time, the former Pixar animator’s behavior included touching and caressing female co-workers.

>Sources tell Cartoon Brew that after Brown was fired, a director’s credit was offered to multiple other key creative personnel on the film, but no one wanted to put their name on the film for fear that it would be detrimental to their career.
cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/wonder-park-sinks-with-negative-reviews-and-notoriety-for-having-no-credited-director-171399.html

Attached: C5A49B27-25C4-4AB3-B757-A3A75F136F9B.jpg (750x850, 432K)

>no credited director
lmao holy shit

is this going to be the Food Fight of out time?

>no credited director
What?

>no credited director
Top fugging kek

Thanks Google.

Attached: thinking_emoji.png (443x483, 283K)

Cute loli

The premise is so dull I don't see why it needed a theater release.
It looks like straight to Netflix material

the visuals of Wonder Park are too competent to be compared with FoodFight

Attached: foodfight in a nutshell.gif (400x273, 1.77M)

name one good dreamwork film besides flushed away and no shrek movies suck

Was 2018 Nick worst year in losing big name personnel?

>Dan Schnieder
>Chris Savino
>the guy who directed Wonder Park

Also, is anyone in fear of how this will impact on Nick/Viacom?

Not surprised in the slightest. It looks like direct to DVD trash.

It's about a girl who can't stand her mother dying of cancer so she imagines her own themepark with talking animal mascots. It's a sad, depressing movie and all the fun wacky shit in the trailer is from the last like 30 minutes.

100,000,000 Dollars
Christ they could have funded 10 more interesting 10 mil films
Or 100 1 million dollar films. I bet one would have been a breakout hit and made more money. If nothing else it would employ more people and further their careers.
Obviously studio control and oversight goes out the window if you've got 100 movies in production over a couple years.
But I really think a studio needs to try that. Just give out cash and take a chance on something special coming out of it.

I get the feeling the budget was overinflated so they could write it off or something.

Speaking of movies with horrible productions, whatever happened to that Animal Cracker movie?

It got released... kinda.

You can find a Chinese copy of it (albeit with the original English audio) on KimCartoon.

>they could have funded 10 more interesting 10 mil films

They could have made 10 x $10 million *2D* animated films. If they all performed the same as that TTG movie, they'd be looking at half-billion in box office for $100m investment.

Every studio head seems to want that big summer blockbuster on their resume, and forget that small horror flicks are the safest bet.

>write it off
To who?
As what?
"Gee we flushed millions of dollars down the toilet but if we pray to the god of accounting and sewage maybe we can get it back."

I literally never heard of this until now.

Attached: animal crackers.jpg (2023x3000, 1.68M)

but then they'd be something original and not corporate driven.

we can't have that in current year!

Attached: s2_race.jpg (498x496, 75K)

>Have shit movie
>Claim you spent way more making it than you did
>Pocket money you didn't spend
>No one asks where the money went because they just assume it was lost when the movie flopped

Do I have to make a song and dance about it for you user?

Well that's just theft, not a write off.
I don't think people are going to assume anything when the books don't balance by several million. Unless those people are getting paid too.
In which it become a bigger crime.

so much dreamworks face

please kill me

>million dollar films
a single episode of green lantern tas cost 1 mil
delgo cost 40 mil

So according to the single comment at the bottom, there's a TV series in production?

Yes, this was meant to be the pilot.

As much as the idea of big studios making loads of smaller-budget films is - and I would genuinely love it - the problem is that the film industry is oversaturated as it is. As in, producers have to spend millions of dollars on advertising if they want their movie to be... shown, let alone be profitable.

Just as an example: The Lego Movie 2 had a production budget of $100M. It also had an advertising budget of... $100M. They spent as much on the friggin' ads as they did on the movie itself, and that's not unusual.

And what happens if you don't advertise? Well hey: you remember that movie, The Secret Of Kells? That one that everyone says is great? that got nominated for an Oscar - in animation, no less? That had a budget of $8M, and made a whopping... $0.7M in the US box office. $2.8M abroad. That's atrociously bad.

Yeah why would producers in the entertainment industry ever conspire and collude for their own gain. Next thing you know they'll be taking pressuring young actors and actresses for sexual favours.

This user has huge spoilers if you want to read.

Needless to say, the movie is a bit different than advertised...

I remember that from few years back.

>Just as an example: The Lego Movie 2 had a production budget of $100M. It also had an advertising budget of... $100M. They spent as much on the friggin' ads as they did on the movie itself, and that's not unusual.
That's massively surprising to me, since a lot of the of reactions to Lego Movie 2 discussions were "wait, there's a Lego Movie 2?"

JUST JUST JUST
J-J-JUST
JUSTELODEON

I don't fear anything, but this movie illustrate the problem with meto-in blindly. Now nobody competent wants to be in charge even for money.
They'll have to hire "women behavior experts" to put at the job now, despite not being directors of anything in their life. Which will sink projects even faster.

the blue eyebrows look so fucking dumb holy shit.

Only if it's about Hitler.

There are a ton of ways to spend marketing money ineffectually.

>Well that's just theft, not a write off.
Movies are set up as independent corporations from which the studios charge exorbitant fees for marketing and so forth. Most of these companies lose money unless the film wildly successfull due to this creative financial trickery.

It's harder to launder money in smaller projects.

Prince of Egypt

>Prince of Egypt
>El Dorado
>Spirit
>Penguins
>Kung Fu Panda
>Kung Fu Panda 2
>How to Train your Dragon
>Madagascar 2
>Madagascar 3
>Antz
>Megamind
>Rise of the Guardians
>Captain Underpants
>Shrek and Shrek 2 because fuck you, you're a retard with shit taste

Attached: 0cbcb3588b58ce3d87d4bb76bf44d11752fef437_hq.gif (500x375, 1.43M)

Fuck, I need to watch this later. Circus movies are kinda fascinating in this era considering all the politics behind performing animals going on, coupled with the nostalgia factor so prominent in entertainment right now. The movie doesn’t even have to be good, it’s just really interesting seeing how a movie that needs to be lighthearted and whimsical dances around the controversy of a literal elephant in the room. I mean, given the premise in this one, it’s kinda obvious, but still interesting.

Where was the advertising for this movie? I had literally never heard of this until last week.

Get rid of penguins and you’d be right

>Kung fu panda
>penguins
>madagascar
>fucking how to train your dragon
I have seen public toilets that eat less shit than you, faggot.
>spongebob avatar
But everybody knew immediately what sort of "people" you are.

I saw trailers for it before Spiderverse and Lego Movie 2
nothing other than that

I'm reminded of Barnyard. Advertising wacky animal antics, and then BAM dead dad.

Except
A): The dead dad thing actually affects the plot, even if Back at the Barnyard acted like Ben never existed.
B) There were WAY more wacky animal throughout rather than near the end of the movie.

fucking hell im tired of hearing about sexual harassment on this board, the second i hear a guy exists he's already fucking fired