Can someone explain why Batman is even remotely bothered here? The Joker just nuked an entire city

can someone explain why Batman is even remotely bothered here? The Joker just nuked an entire city.

Attached: turning-superman-3.jpg (1919x1469, 355K)

He always place the other superheroes on a pedestal, making him be even hard on them then he'd be on himself.

He is gay

He finally realized that killing won't solve anything. Superman was too weak to do what the Joker deserved...

Attached: gordon.jpg (640x480, 24K)

Batman is a repressed homosexual and he is in love with the Joker.

If it were, say, Hawkman it wouldn't be a big deal. Seeing Superman succumb to bloodlust is kind of alarming.

Because he knows a Superman that kills out of anger is potentially a lot worse.

why does Hawkman swing so violently from "soft spoken archaeologist" and "violent, bloodthirsty space cop powered entirely by cracking skulls open like eggs"

Because "KILLING BAD"

because he's watching his friend become the Joker

He isn't alarmed because the Joker was killed. He was alarmed because the big blue boy scout killed him, in a fairly grizzly manner too.
When one half of your day job consists of sitting in the hot sun sweeping dirt of broken shards of pottery and the other half filing papers in an office, you'd have some repressed energy you'd like to vent out too.

Attached: Hawkman.jpg (467x776, 53K)

Yes, a man who just nuked millions of innocent civilians and killing that same man in retaliation to prevent him from doing it ever again is literally the exact same thing.

you kill the Joker but the number of murderers didn't go down.

Oh shit you're right, better just let him go so he can murder more people. Maybe next time he'll nuke two cities.
We wouldn't want to ever have a spine would we? We need to be unrealistically lawful good all the time 100% of the time, or else it's just a slippery slope until we're exactly like the Joker! We need to just sit around twiddling our thumbs and whistling, hoping that by setting an example of blase passivity that maybe the villains will run out of people to murder and eventually stop killing people.

Attached: 1550106160666.jpg (249x252, 5K)

Read the comic, it explains it pretty clearly.

Attached: Injustice - Gods Among Us 011 (2013) (Digital) (K6 of Ultron-Empire) 06.jpg (1920x1476, 460K)

This. He penetrated the Joker, but in the wrong way entirely.

Technically Superman was the one that threw the switch

Sups killed his lover
He didn't do the killing BLOW
Plot
He's just a retard
pick one

A nuclear bomb could kill millions
An angry Superman could kill billions

>Dude. Holy shit. You're so fucking gay Bruce, can you just stop sucking cocks for, like, five minutes? He killed millions.
Superman's got a point. And if Batman was supportive of his decision he wouldn't have become Super Dictator of the Earth.

Maybe you'd have a point if this Superman didn't turn into an evil dictator after this.

Because squeaky clean superman is putting his entire arm through a guy.

He's seeing Superman brutally impale someone in anger. And as it turns out in the Injusticeverse, he's right: killing the Joker does turn you in a mass murderer.

He didn't kill him to prevent any further carnage, Superman famously has ways of doing that without killing, he did it in a fit of rage.

Because "If you kill the Joker, he wins" was entirely true in context. Either you accept this conceit of a video game tie-in comic book story or you don't.

>anything short of killing is passivity
The state of frogposting retards. Not like killing him ever stopped the Joker.

because this comic demonstrates that Batman was right, in this particular case
if the civilization that Batman is a part of decides not to kill joker, then that conclusion has to be accepted, because no person is God, not even superman
Superman decides to be God here, and kill the Joker with no legal authority, and he becomes a destructive tyrant

if anything this is the most perfect example of why Batman was always 100% right (and Arkham Asylum was always 100% wrong)

Shit writing, much like all of Injustice.

you mean a more accurate portrayal of what ordinary humans with absolute power would inevitably turn into?
so yes, quite a bit smarter than regular comics, which is a startling commentary on how childish comics are

No, but the number of murders did.

>Injusticetards actually exist
Now I've seen everything.

You would be surprised if you saw someone impale a human being with their arm.

Bad writing

because they live in a universe where the cosmic rules say that even a single justified murder automatically turns you to the dark side of the force and will eventually make you into a mass-murdering amoral lunatic. Because fuck middle grounds

having an accurate understanding of human nature, and how utterly depraved ordinary comics are in their spiritual dishonesty, has nothing whatsoever to do with liking Injustice

so you're lying as much as comics do

Yeah yeah, I've been 13 once too.
Remember your posts once you're 18 to cringe.

>if I kill this one person, I won't be able to stop myself from killing literally everyone
I guess all comic writers just hate soliders and cops

>cringe
>2019

*wince*

wow dude
you're pretty terrified of the concept that people are basically selfish and afraid at their core
are you selfish and afraid, and dont want to admit it?
or is it somehow useful to you that people continue to believe idiotic lies

Any normal person with Superman's power would eventually not be able to handle the strain of constantly losing things he could have retained with more force being applied
He wouldnt even be able to resist the urge to possess and rape everything he desired

As they should

No, I'm just not an edgy 12-year old.
Go back to reading Wanted.

the fact that you know what that is, and I dont, is the entire story
your failure to respond to anything I said only demonstrates only that you have no ideas of your own

>the fact that i'm a causal is the entire point
Not him but did you think this would make you look smart?

who said anything about being smart
why would you bring that up?
is it important to you to be smart?

why would you bring up casualness?
is it important to you to have a lot of comic knowledge?

The only thing you prove is that you're underage.
Go on, entertain me further by your "deep" rants.
>I don't know what Wanted is
So I'm right, you're a child.

but what does my age have to do with the absurd childishness of comics, that repeatedly demonstrate that people with unstoppable power would only occasionally abuse that power?

Oh you're just being a pretentious faggot, carry on then

Here's an idea, How about stopping the nukes in the first place?, Stopping the bad guy from escaping as well instead of just killing the dude cause they don't all kill cause 'evil lul', Imagine killing Mr.Freeze,A guy who just wanted to save his wife or Deadshot, What's gonna happen to his daughter?, Bad guys can be rehabilitated and turn good, Just look at Lex Luthor, The Red Hood or Atrocitus, Would they've become heroes if Superman just speedblitz them or Batman shot them?

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xMjEvNDAyL2kwMi9KVVNUSUNFTEVBR1VFXzMwLUxVVEhPUi5q (495x281, 71K)

What's going on in Injustice right now?
Has this god damn fucking bitch been punished or been made to suffer yet?
Is Arthur ok?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-16-04-44-24.png (1080x1920, 2.01M)

> Mr Freeze
> A guy who just wanted to save his wife
In the n52 & possibly rebirth she isn't his wife, she is a patient who was put in cryo before he was born whom he became obsessed with.
> Just look at Lex Luthor
He is back to being a major villain, leading the Injustice team and fucking with cosmic reality.

Just accept that you're chucked to death Bats.

Attached: take your hurt feelings.jpg (426x296, 63K)

demons run when a nice guy goes to war

"A BLOO BLOO BLOO KILLING BAD, THIS MY CITY"
somebody post the page where Bats gets pissed off at Simon Baz for having a gun

Bats has a ludicrous resistance to killing in Injustice

He has the same reaction when Supes kills Apokolips' invading parademons. Open war with the world at stake and he still thinks its going too far.

If you do kill the first, you'll kill the second, the third...

A lot worse than a psycho that somehow managed to nuke a city...this is why comic books will always be retarded

>If you kill someone who nuked millions you'll end up killing people who rob handbags

There are people who actually believe this.

women

>only god has the right to kill people
>joker kill count easily in the 4 digits

Really makes you think

Wanna know what happens in Injusticeverse?
Supes starts a tyrannical dictatorship that tortures and kills people who even think about robbing handbags.

kys

After the government kidnaps his parents to attempt to control him (with Batman's knowledge) and Batman and other heroes start conspiring against Superman even before the regime starts, while Wonder Woman pushes him in that direction.

Injustice Superman has a weaker character than the main one, but it wasn't just one thing that broke him.

The government kidnaps his parents because he makes an open statement to tow his line or eat shit and die. Which he demonstrated he is more than willing to do since he murdered joker in cold blood and, to everyone elses knowledge, killed all the inmates in arkham.
Batman is conspiring because he just saw the single person he respects the most on this earth just kill some helpless asshole in cold blood. And bruce has always conspired against him and Clark has always known.
Wonder Woman is just a shit in injustice. Nothin else to say about that one unfortunately.
Past the nuke Superman caused most of his own pain in Injustice by deciding that now he has the right to put the world in a bottle.

I thought Superman brought the nuke out of orbit which made him come too late to save Lois. Can someone spoonfeed me here?

>Comic writer believes it
>Therefore it ISN'T stupid, hah

God I fucking hate Injustice Wondie. As soon as she realizes she can get some superdick, she ruins everything else in order to get it.

>The government kidnaps his parents because he makes an open statement to tow his line or eat shit and die.
At that point he just made a speech about being more proactive and not allowing things to go unpunished.

>Which he demonstrated he is more than willing to do since he murdered joker in cold blood and
That was the opposite of "cold blood" though. His family and city had just been annihilated by Joker and he was really angry, just look at the image.

>and, to everyone elses knowledge, killed all the inmates in arkham.
I'm pretty sure the government knew that wasn't the case though. From the start, he said he considered Arkham unreliable and would take care of their confinement himself.

The point is that the superheroes of the world aren't supposed to execute people, maybe if you kill someone during a battle where it's the only choice, sure, but not in an interrogation room.

The job of executing villains falls to the state, which is only a problem in comics because editorial doesn't want popular characters to be killed off. So we get this crazy government with a judicial system that is 100% okay with giving mass murderers a slap on the wrist. Don't blame Batman, blame the system he has to deal with.

Do you know what Superman can do, brother?

Underrated post here

>Batman didn't love me more than he loved fighting The Joker now i'm UberHitler and it's HIS. FAULT.
Honestly the dumbest part of Injustice.

More like 7 digits in Injustice.

Metropolis was a major populated city on par with New York.

It isn't really killing the Joker but his actions afterward that matter.

No sane jury on earth would have found him guility after the Joker killed his wife, unborn child and the 7-8 million people of Metropolis.

An interesting what-if scenario: what would the US Government have done with the Joker if Superman hadn't killed him? Nuking a city isn't something they would let him just walk away from. The insanity defense wouldn't save him there.

Turn a bunch of men into retarded manchildren that shallow shit stories?
Oh wait my bad that’s Batman

>An interesting what-if scenario: what would the US Government have done with the Joker if Superman hadn't killed him? Nuking a city isn't something they would let him just walk away from. The insanity defense wouldn't save him there.

The Federal government would likely have pushed for the death penalty. Possibly declaring him a direct threat and then taking him to Gitmo for execution. A few people would freak as he is technically a legal citizen and has been declared insane, but if the President wanted him dead an executive order could happen.

>why Batman is even remotely bothered here?
a beloved copyrighted character is in danger

I figure that Batman would have accepted this, rather than Supes taking him out in a fit of rage. His set of morals means that Superman committing a murder, even a well deserved one means he sperged out hard.

They'd just have thrown him to the Suicide Squad or something else just as dumb. Mainline Joker has spread Joker toxin throughout all of Gotham already, and although ultimately it was neutralized, that's a few minutes away from essentially killing or driving insane the entire city.

The government in the comics is just unbelievably corrupt and incompetent in order to sustain the status quo while allowing the villains to present greater and greater threats.

Injustice universe is next door to MK universe

There could actually be a fun mini there.

US civil war after the President orders the Joker executed. Civil rights peeps would have a meltdown.

Imagine your best friend kills your lover.

>can´t kill Joker because then I´ll go REEEEEEE against every single person on this planet and become Hitler Batman
>you can´t kill him because you are supposed to be better than me and if you don´t then I´ll become a pain in the ass for you until you give up or become a even worse monster

Attached: 1529431638350.png (978x937, 625K)

It's almost as if Batman is a giant paranoid hypocrite and that's part of the reason Daddy Issues Damien left him.

>and has been declared insane
This is so dumb and has always been an excuse to keep people from just executing supervillains.
The Joker can easily comprehend that what he is doing is wrong and he does it anyway.

Why the fuck hasn't the Joker been sentenced to death a long time ago already? Just how many fucking idealist "he's not responsible for his actions" jurors are there in Gotham?

Joker is just a massive pain in the ass for the entire universe. He gets away with everything he does because he's a non-superpowered insane guy, even though he's gotten ridiculously dangerous over the years and doesn't have an speck of good in him. The few times he doesn't get away, he still gets the last laugh because for varying reasons, everything goes to shit when someone finally has enough and kills him. It's like Joker's a dense concentration of shit, so killing him makes all that shit blow up everywhere and then everyone's worse off.

>Please explain Hawkman's continuity
You meddle with things men cannot comprehend.

You know I wouldn't be surprised that Injustice Wondie was involved in the death of Lois. Just because she wanted some superdick.

Batman is afraid of killing. Not in the sense that he is afraid to kill someone, because it might turn him more violent, or that he is afraid that if one of his friends kill, they'll turn violent, no. He is literally afraid of the act of killing. Seeing it makes him feel bad inside.

Haven't read it in a while but isn't this directly after Batman tells Joker that Superman is strong and has his morals straight and that even after the shit Joker's done he still believes Superman will do tye right thing?
This panel would pretty much be a 'wah-wah-waaaaaahh' moment for him.

>what would the US Government have done with the Joker if Superman hadn't killed him?
Put him into Arkham :^)

This pretty much. He sees Clark as someone better than himself, so Clark murdering Joker here shatters that world view.

It's so stupid how Batman, Wonder Woman, and so on are all blamed for Superman heel turn. It's like as if Superman was a white woman or something.

You do realize that Superman planned on destroying Gotham and Metropolis for getting upset at him killing Lex Luthor, right?

BECAUSE INJUSTICE IS A FUCKING FIGHTING GAME
IT'S A GAME
WHERE RANDOM DC CHARACTERS FIGHT EACH OTHER
PLOT LITERALLY DOESN'T MATTER
SO THE ENTIRE COMIC SPIN-OFF IS 100% WORTHLESS GARBAGE
THE FACT THAT IT GETS SO MUCH DISCUSSIN IS EXTREMELY TELLING OF THE COMIC BOOK COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE

Attached: I'm not perfect.jpg (1080x1028, 253K)

Because those were two different characters. Carter Hall suffers from a rare psychiatric disorder called Crisis on Infinite Earths Schizophrenia.

Blame people who buy this tripe for continuing this hellish cycle.

Fucking this, trying to justify potato-level of comic writing and utterly illogical enabling of villains killing innocent people under the slippery slope guise is and always will be retarded

Attached: Salad Pepe.jpg (500x500, 64K)

>The point is that the superheroes of the world aren't supposed to execute people, maybe if you kill someone during a battle where it's the only choice, sure, but not in an interrogation room.

As you correctly point out, the non-superhero
governments of the world are never going to execute a supervillain, nor prevent him from breaking out of jail. So the superheroes SHOULD become the rulers, and do what existing governments won't.

What's the argument here? If Batman killed the Joker, Batman would go Hitler Batman. If Superman killed the Joker, Superman would go Hitler Superman. Both things have happened.

Injustice is stupid, more news at 11

witnessed

comics are stupid
ftfy

Attached: 1432486985324.jpg (508x610, 161K)

The slippery slope issue is one in the context of comics. Joker is far from the most dangerous person running around in DC. If you kill him, there's really no excuse not to kill everyone who's far more threatening than he is. Then you start getting the issue of heroes not agreeing on what the criteria for execution should be, which is what really tends to trigger the dystopian futures.

Well, that moment was so far out there even for game Injustice Superman that even Injustice 2's main story basically ignored it, only referencing it through a character specific intro quote.

So all he needs to do is go kill a few more to make it right

Because he Just saw superman murder someone and he is strong enough to nuke the entire planet?

Because he can't rape the Joker now that he's dead.

I could easily get away with fuck tons of crimes. I could go out and blow people away with my rifles and never get caught. I could steal god knows how much crap from the not guarded houses and farms around here. I don't because I'm not evil and I don't want to hurt anyone or steal their stuff.

Is it just me or are the expressions on all three just hilarious?

Just put him in a coma and feed him through a tube until he naturally dies

>kill joker
>turns oit joker wasnt the joker
>you Just killed an innocent joker

Look up druglords, they are real, they are responsible for millions of deaths and the cia keeps them alive in tiny cells being constantly monitores by cameras with no way of escaping
And still some of them manage to escape and they to back to their shit

That's probably because they never intended to make it a spin-off series.

You know what sucks about the Injustice Universe. Superman was alright before Wonder Woman clawed her way inside his mind for some BKC

Retard, only Yea Forums memsters pretends injustice Batman loved the Joker

don't forget they rigged some gasses to make Superman kill his own pregnant wife AND trigger the nuke after they murdered Jimmy Olsen

if someone gassed you up and made you kill your pregnant wife wouldn't you be somewhat salty?

Joker owed him burger money but now he's dead.

>If a story doesn't agree with my morals it's bad writing
Why is this specific form of autism so common here?

Probably because the CIA itself is in charge of drug operations in south america

Because Superheroes aren't executioners, retard. What the question is "why doesn't anybody work within the law to kill him"- superman should've hired a elite team of lawyers to prosecute Joker's ass. Instead, he gradually goes after the complete direction and becomes superhitler because people apparently can only think in extremes.

bautism

>Because Superheroes aren't executioners, retard.
Superheroes are above the law, they can do whatever they want.

But it's the actions that makes the man. Joker isn't the most powerful individual in the world but has done more damage than any other individual. Then you have Injustice Superman who, while is a lot more powerful than the normal individual yet before the Regime, hasn't harmed a single soul (supervillans notwithstanding); and even after the Regime, his kill count is still smaller than the Joker's

No, what happened is the Joker laced some of Scarecrow's fear gas with kryptonite, and made Superman believe he was fighting Doomsday when in fact he was killing Lois by taking her into the upper then outer atmosphere, this kills her and Supe's and her unborn child, it also triggers a detonation trigger tied to Lois' heartbeat set up by the Joker which activates the nuke destroying all of Metropolis save Lex's super-bunker, when Superman finally realises that he's killed Lois by Batman shooting some hyper-frequency through their communication ear-pieces to snap Clark out of it, Superman immediately comes back down to see the Joker litteraly saying "It was all a prank bro" only for Superman to just straight up impale Joker with his fist, like the thread's starter image, which all this together, even with stupid comic-book language seems pretty fair game really

The heroes would obviously have to take sides in the ensuing war, who do you think best lines up with "For the government" and "For the people(Idiots)"?

>having an accurate understanding of human nature
>Many people in Injustice not only act out of character but not like normal people, make idiotic and odd choices and don't explain; all while improbable situations happen just to build suspense to the plot and to rank up the kill count.

I'll applaud Netherrealm for being the only fighting game developers to be enthusiastic about story in their games but Mortal Kombat is the one world that should not have such one. Injustice is just Mortal Kombat's grease oozing onto DC's plate

hm

then have batman kill the joker and then kill batman.

Well, it's a good thing Superman isn't any normal person (at least one in your world)

Attached: Ive had abat enough of this shit.jpg (1920x1476, 1.22M)

>>All Batman had to do was turn his head the other way and the Batman-Who-Keks conversion gas would just dissipate into the air.

Batman thought Supes had an even stronger policy against killing than he did. Supes killing Joker broke that assumption and Bruce can't stand being wrong. It didn't help that Supes fled right after like a common criminal. If Supes didn't run away and just went to trial, Bats might not have sperged out and abandoned Supes the way he did. Then again, WW still would have fucked with Supes anyway so at best the world may have merely become a Justice Lords variation.

Technically, the "not killing" is one of the self-imposed rules for setting limits. The problems always starting when a person convinces himself that he can do anything without having to worry about the consequences.
There is no need to have super powers, even getting a large sum of money in a short time, or obtaining special privileges may be enough for someone to go crazy.

A lots of writers get this rule wrong and
and that's why a lot of readers can't understand. It's also true that young readers want the blood regardless.

>Joker, run

OHNONONONO

Attached: f7e32df212037667571dd7f1d012556e.jpg (752x719, 170K)

Bravo, Snyder.

>And then he took responsibility and went to jail
I wonder how people would have reacted if this happened in main continuity.

superman would stand trial and voluntarily go into exile into a symbolic prison, perhaps like to a prison colony somewhere on an uninhabited island in the pacific

At least as portrayed in the comics, Injustice Batman also has an even crazier no-kill police than standard Batman. He even blamed Superman and considered him dangerous for killing Parademons, creatures that mainstream Batman himself has killed.

yeh, injustice batman in my opinion is the greatest villain and threat of the injustice universe

I was thinking a US government facility under Batman's watch. Having Supes disappear to another world when Earth deals with monthly alien invasions and home grown supervillain shenanigans just isn't a good idea.
Killing a surrendering Kalibak likely would have pissed any standard Batman off though.

Clark stole his fries and killed his nutty buddy

why couldn't supes just then go "look, fucking assholes, you want THIS to happen to you?"

then all crime stops because holy shit, do you really think you can stop a pissed off supes?

Batman has an obsession with a legal trial, as though 12 people deciding to give Joker lethal injection would be more just than one kryptonian killing him right now.

>Who's going to take his place Clark? the fucking Riddler? How am I supposed to fight a guy who spends half his day hiding trophies in air vents all over town?
>Oh hey I could fight Dent huh Clark? Spend my time flipping fucking coins?
>Oh wait my new nemesis could be Ivy, then I'd just end all of my battles by fucking her
>I NEEDED THE FUCKING JOKER CLARK HE WAS THE ONLY VILLAIN I HAD THAT TOOK THIS SERIOUSLY

You say that like the mere existence of the death penalty entirely stops all crime from occuring.

Underrated post

He actually goes on tv and makes a big speech about how they will be more proactive to stop disasters like Metropolis from happening again, but it just results in the government hiring villains to take care of him (and the Kents).

Of course. Superman promising to be more proactive after fisting the Joker's chest is a scary thing.

It's not hard, if you get to decide who deserves death for their actions, that's it, there are no degrees. That doesn't mean you'll kill everyone but you put yourself in position if judge, jury and (potentially) executioner for everyone you encounter. There is no coming back from that is idealistically, if you start weighing the pros and cons of killing someone then you do it with everyone. Superheroes tend to distance themselves from that to keep some amount of legitimity in the eyes of the public.

It is objectively more meaningful, it's the justice of Man as opposed to the justice of a man. It's flawed, but it's the kind of thing that holds societies together.

Because nothing about Batman makes sense. Embrace reality and jump ship on comic books.

Retarded writing in part forced by unwritten rules pushed by loyal fans on how comicbook characters must be portrayed, Batman and Superman must follow the"if you kill him you become like him" cliche as fundamental of their characterization.

No you retard, it's just that fans and editorial like reoccurring villains, and villains constantly coming back from death is way dumber than character having a somewhat reasonable moral compass that you happen to disagree with.

Tom Taylor did a very good job with the Injustice tie-in, so you can't really say that it's because the comics community sucks.

Thousands of tie-ins were made that never went anywhere.

>if you get to decide who deserves death for their actions, that's it, there are no degrees.
A completely retarded and empirically disproven assertion.

Idiot characterization of batman in many comics and stories. I hate when they show him overly concerned for jojer's life and even going as far as saving him.

Anyway a good way to make a "never kill" character interesting is by showing him actually breaking the rule for any reason and actually killing. A retarded way of handling it is by sticking so much to the rule that you have a incredibly dangerous mega mass murder still alive after so many massacres and escapes. Or at least never end up in such a scenario in the first place.

The problem with INJUSTICE is that they wanted to have Superman as the big baddie, but because it is Superman they also felt to have his heel-turn be somewhat justified. So for that to happen every other character had to take a retarded pill and contribute in some way to his downfall. Batman only cared about him killing the Joker and was a bad friend that continually pushed him against a corner, Wonder Woman only cared about his dick and isolated him in his little bubble of rage, Green Lantern and the Flash acted as scared little bitches and enabled him, and so on.

That's why the characterization of the characters is all over the place with everyone acting a little retarded for no rhyme or reason.

Attached: 1410136902004.png (282x270, 162K)

this

i mean, first time, sure
but like, as many times as joker has?

fuck no, kill him and publicly.
show all the other arkham fags what will happen. assholes.

He has all those contingencies against the league for a reason and the number one dude who he thought would never snap has. That's the look of a guy that just yells "oh fuck We're actually doing this?"

Except he pussied out from what I remember

God, what if that whole detail about Joker's heart containing a super toxin that turns YOU into a Joker had been a thing before Metal. Superman Joker would've been a Blast

>Superman Joker would've been a Blast
Who's to say Superman wasn't infected in INJUSTICE? It's a much better excuse than anything they've come up. That's for sure.

Trillions, and that is a day. Who says he stops at Earth?

morals

He mad a speech to all the world governments after disposing of some Castro-looking motherfucker in some Middle-Eastern country that he's going to stop tolerating villainous fuckery around the world from that point forward. Cue what said and the government going full retard in messing with the Kents.

Everyone in that universe is fucking retarded, the guy just said that he's not going to tolerate anyone, governments included, getting involved in bad shit, and their response is to do bad shit, they're lucky he didn't go Homelander on the White House after that stunt.

>Everyone in that universe is fucking retarded, the guy just said that he's not going to tolerate anyone, governments included, getting involved in bad shit
The problem with that is who the fuck would believe in Superman judgment after what he went through? The US government tried to get some leverage, because they wouldn't trust in the kindness of a grieving man with the power of a god.

Stop being a Superman fanboy and think.

>The problem with that is who the fuck would believe in Superman judgment after what he went through?

He JUST fucking deposed a sitting leader of a country to make it a point that he was going to do so with anyone else that was going to continue cunting about, what stupid fucking bastard would bet on him not making that same decision, especially when you mess with the only loved ones he has left?

>The US government tried to get some leverage, because they wouldn't trust in the kindness of a grieving man with the power of a god.

See above, they knew that the Kents were the only ones left after Metropolis was nuked, and were fully aware that Superman would make good on his judgment after he just did what he said he'd do to anyone else. It's not about trusting the power of a god, they didn't want to lose the ability of fucking around with the world, and they did the stupidest thing possible by threatening a guy that could drop a moon on the White House.

Best course of action would have been to sit back and talk the guy down, something no one in the comic did, Batman being the primary culprit by being the broody cunt he was, and Wonder Woman straight up encouraging him to act on his anger and sorrow. Don't send goons to scare his folks into a near heart attack and pistol whip his dad in the face.

>what stupid fucking bastard would bet on him not making that same decision
Everyone is betting on him making the same decision, they just don't know if he's coming after them next, since you can't trust a grieving and disturbed man with the power of a god to make clear headed choices. That's why they were trying to have leverage over him.

>Best course of action would have been to sit back and talk the guy down
You mean the guy with the power of a god that was surrounded by an echo chamber made of other people with powers of gods that pretty much enabled him in everything? Yeah. I bet he'd listen. Specially to something he didn't seemed inclined to agree with.

>Batman being the primary culprit by being the broody cunt he was, and Wonder Woman straight up encouraging him to act on his anger and sorrow.
INJUSTICE sucks because everyone has to act out of character to enable Superman raise of power and villainy. If the characters had been able to act as themselves the whole thing would be done in a matter of days with the whole Justice League bringing Superman down.

>Everyone is betting on him making the same decision, they just don't know if he's coming after them next, since you can't trust a grieving and disturbed man with the power of a god to make clear headed choices. That's why they were trying to have leverage over him.

Yes, that's why the mentally disturbed individual with a gun threatening a bunch of hostages should be insulted as often as possible by saying he's too pussy to pull the trigger.

Yes, that guy, the one nobody tried to reach out to to see if he was doing okay. No one tried to reach him, Batman was being a cunt as usual and was far more distraught over him punching a hole through Joker than Metropolis getting nuked, and Wonder Woman only tried well after he was well into his mourning period, and even then it was to goad him into getting the rest of the world in line. It was only an echo chamber after everybody else was being shitty to him, kidnapping his parents and lambasting him for finally killing the Joker of all people.

>Yes, that's why the mentally disturbed individual with a gun threatening a bunch of hostages should be insulted as often as possible by saying he's too pussy to pull the trigger.
That's why they often bring the guy's loved ones to talk him out of it. That's what the US wanted to do. Take the Kents, have the Kents under their watch, and hopefully use the Kents to convince Superman to stand down.

batman and joker make the best criminal duo in the history of comics. Joker kills everyone while batman convinces everyone to let him live.

They invaded their home, guns drawn, and smacked Jonathan Kent around, way to go, they didn't just call the crazed gunman a pussy, they straight up started throwing rocks at him.

You realize how dumb that sounds right. They had to break into the fortress of solitude to get to them. Superman put them there to keep them from getting killed, and then you suddenly break into the fortress to get at them? What the fuck was Superman supposed to think.
>Best course of action would have been to sit back and talk the guy down, something no one in the comic did,
This is the only correct answer, and it was used very well in Kingdom Come. Superman's going to go ballistic after a nuke kills people he cares about, and a simple preacher talks him through his grief and he backs down.

>Superman's going to go ballistic after a nuke kills people he cares about, and a simple preacher talks him through his grief and he backs down.
That didn't stop Superman from telling the UN how things will go down and then flying away without facing any repercussion for his many crimes. Nor did it stop him from continuing to use his powers. Please, don't use Kingdom Come as an example of anything. KC is more retarded than Injustice.

What about the penguin?
>The penguin? He- Its just no the same!
Sure it is. Whats wrong with the penguin? He's a pseudo-costumed gangster who runs high-tech black market guns. Shit until he nuked a city Penguin was probably worse than the Joker.
>I guess? But still... the Penguin doesn't have a point, y'know? He's not trying to prove anything. He just wants money. It's nowhere near as dramatic.
Wait what?
>I mean, I had something to prove against the Joker. That the world wasn't ugly and bleak, and that we all aren't one bad day away from being monsters ourselves. Thanks for proving him right there by the way. That look he gave me for two seconds while his kidneys were all over your fist was so cutting.
Wait, what? THATS why you fought the Joker?!
>YES Clark! Thats why I went out every night in a goddam BDSM fursuit. To prove that smug git wrong and wipe that stupid smirk off his face. But now he's gone, what's left? What have I got to prove against the Penguin? Nothing. I may as well hang up the whole leather daddy act and sponsor welfare initiatives. That'd get way more of Penguins guys off the street than breaking their legs ever will.

Attached: Penguin.jpg (425x531, 30K)

Gordon's right the only way is to Rape him, Rape him Superman. While the body is still warm!

What should the US do then? They couldn't let Superman go willy-nilly dictating what the world is and not allowed to do according to his fucked up wishes and whims. They needed to have some kind of leverage on him. Talking it out wouldn't resolve anything. Superman felt very strongly about his new stance and the new Justice League made of super-powered sycophants would continue to enable and shield him.

So what's the answer?

You can easily kill a spider and no one will arrest you for doing so, but you can choose not to. Even if you were scared of it, you might leave it be since they eat roaches and other pests.
Just because you have the ability to do something with no consequences, you are still free to choose not to, even if you feel emotional about it.

I forget, doesn't the Joker survive in Injustice? I mean he's a playable character in the game.

His best friend in the world - the most tolerant, understanding, benevolent person who lived since Jesus Christ - a man so utterly obsessed with the sanctity of life that he developed a split personality when he had to execute intergalactic genocidal mass murderers - just ripped the heart out of another person in anger.

I'd be pretty fucking distraught too.

>He always place the other superheroes on a pedestal
more like using them as an excuse and pushing his worldview on them. He used his 'humanity' as a shield to criticise the metas

Same with Hal, really. It's why he was so cold to him for so long after that whole Parallax deal.

Batman's essentially the Uncle Ben of the DCU. He's the guy that's constantly hammering "With great power, comes great responsibility" to all his meta friends.

It's just that everyone in the current DCU is a murderer dickhead. There's no Spider-Man. So Batman's fucked.

Batman acted retarded in injustice and kept pushing Superman to the corner when all the nigger had to do is just talk to Superman.

Not seeing him as Uncle Ben.
Batman's side cause more problems than all of the league's nemesis combine. heck even batman himself cause so many fuck ups

>I forget, doesn't the Joker survive in Injustice? I mean he's a playable character in the game.
It's Joker from an alternate universe.

You'd be too if you saw your friend (who you look up to as the NICEST hero on earth) deliver a MORTAL KOMBAT style fatality on your worst enemy.

Superman isn't a fucking baby.

Superman fanboys treat Superman as DINDU. Oh, noes! It was Batman that was a meanie and pushed Superman to kill all those people! It was Wonder Woman who was evil and manipulated Superman into taking over the world! Superman's a good boy! HE DINDU NOTHIN!

If you kill one spider, naturally every other spider is going to be hella scared of you.

No but he needed Batman and all Batman did was turn him away. Superman’s actions aren’t justifiabme but the whole thing could have been avoided if Batman had gotten there before Wonder Woman.

He nuked a city. Literally no one would have objected to putting him in front of a firing squad.

Hasn't most of Joker's mass murdering shit been soft retconed out?

>DUUUUUUDE WHY DON'T SUPERHEROES KILL VILLAINS WHILE THEY'RE IN POLICE CUSTODY
Pretty sure you have to be 18 to post here.

Attached: 1393537984449.png (202x184, 13K)

>No but he needed Batman and all Batman did was turn him away
Superman's such a faggot.

Attached: Worlds Saddest Break-Up.jpg (1024x1016, 402K)

I lol'd

HUTTAH, NECK SNAP!

Due process

Doesn't mean you're going to go around killing every single spider just because you killed one, unless exterminating all of them was your intention from the start.

I preferred how it was in Emperor Joker, where Superman kept to his principles no matter how much hell Joker put him and the entire universe through, and at the end, it was the severely traumatized Batman who wanted to kill the Joker for real.

Injustice Superman was moved by fear of loss from the start according to his parents. Batman was just too blind to ever see it.

The first Injustice had characters from the Injustice world and a version of them coming from a world more like the main DC Universe, and in the end it's Superman that defeats Injustice Superman.

The Injustice 2 is all Injustice world aside from some random bonus costumes that have no role in the story.

I mean, this is Superman. He doesn't have an autistic 'no kill' code like Batman, and Joker REALLY fucking deserved it here.

>being a friends is also being a faggot.

>The point is that the superheroes of the world aren't supposed to execute people
Says who?

Attached: TheShadow.jpg (627x900, 386K)

Make someone who he trusts talk him down about it, exactly like his parents? Or Shazam?
Or heck, maybe another hero he actually is good friends with?
The big issue of Injustice is not just that Superman was going too far, but also that everyone was acting way too fucking retarded.
Especially, why the fuck did Joker go and pull this stunt in Super in the first place? Like, how would he know Jimmy Olsen and Lois were that related to Superman? Hell, how the fuck is it that Super could get affected that easily by Scarecrow's Fear Gas? How would Super not realize that Lois (who also had a second heartbeat thanks to the unborn child) wasn't Doomsday in the first place?

>just kill some helpless asshole in cold blood
Who had just tricked Superman into killing his wife, his unborn child, and nuking HIS FUCKING CITY.

Batman should have been supportive after all that, but no.

It does when said penalty can kick in your door and vaporize you in a nanosecond

That'd be an interesting mini, where Batman goes to therapy to come to terms with is all.

>T. BLMfag

>We need to be unrealistically lawful good all the time 100% of the time
Gygax would have words about this.
>An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth is by no means anything but Lawful and Good. Prisoners guilty of murder or similar capital crimes can be executed without violating any precept of the alignment. Hanging is likely the usual method of such execution, although it might be beheading, strangulation, etc. A paladin is likely a figure that would be considered a fair judge of criminal conduct.

>Joker is far from the most dangerous person running around in DC. If you kill him, there's really no excuse not to kill everyone who's far more threatening than he is.
I agree.

Attached: THESHADOW2.jpg (564x708, 82K)

Remember that time they accidently broadcast Superman killing someone and he gained the power of fear

this comic was so stupid but also fun but mostly stupid because of how Dick died

Except that the one time when Joker DID get found guilty/legally sane and sentenced to death, Batman threw a queen's side tantrum and forced another man to confess to framing Joker.

Not if said spider just nuked a damned city of other spiders. The other spiders would really fucking love you.

>manage to escape
yeah. They totally escape CIA custody on their own.

And then threw a temper tantrum when Superman had Bruce's memories of the torture he endured erased when it became apparent Joker irrevocably broke Batman mentally.

>this comic was so stupid but also fun but mostly stupid because of how Dick died

He's just a dude, a rock to the back of the neck is no fucking joke.

Real talk, I would side with the President. You and may or may not have different feeling about America and it policies. But I love this country and will stand by you as a fellow American, user. Joker would have to die.

>characters having consistent traits is a bad thing
fuck off.
You want a different character? Write a new character.

Early Batman would laugh at current Batman and call him a pussy.

>Make someone who he trusts talk him down about it, exactly like his parents? Or Shazam?
Superman ignored his parents and murdered the fuck out of Shazam when he spoke up.

All this discussion is pointless.
Some people consider it okay for superheroes to be executioners, some don't.
The ones that do, think supes is right, the ones that don't think bats is right. That's all there is to it.
Sure, we can discuss editorial making government sanctioned executions for people that'd get them in real life, like Joker not an option, because they want a popular villain to remain in the comics, we can discuss Diana being dick-hungry lady mcbeth, we can discuss whether it was Clark going too power-hungry psycho too quickly or Bruce being too emotionally distant and judgmental too early that caused shit to escalate through the games and stories.
But none of that is the core of the issue, none of that is why people actually take one side or the other. They're projecting their own values and wants and that's fine, it's fine to judge based on what you like. What else are you going to base your judgments on anyway?

So, some want superheroes to execute, some don't. And they decide who's right in this, accordingly.
I personally don't want superheroes to execute. I'm personally fine with some of them killing, in battle, when they're in self/innocent defense and can't do it differently, but I'm not okay with executions.
You can have different or the same wants and agree/disagree accordingly.
But stop acting like someone is in the right in this. There's no "in the right" in wants regarding fiction about escapist power fantasies.

Batman's no kill rule has only gotten dumber as more extreme scenarios are made.

Thank you for being so "above it all" with your completely useless post, you fucking dipshit. This is a discussion board, the point of the board is literally to have these types of discussions. Fuck off

Batman is Lawful Stupid.

A discussion that boils down to "I like x", "well, I like y" should at the very least be aware of what it is about and not pretend it's anything beyond comparing subjective tastes. It's a fine talk to have, but there's no reason to get feisty and pretend one is in the wrong.
No one is in the wrong.

>m-muh appeal to relativity

>tastes in entertainment aren't subjective

You can’t be serious.

He couldn't have them erased. Superman had Spectre transfer the memories of a thousand horrible deaths to himself to save Bruce's mind.

They actually explain the fear gas, being that the Joker laced it with kryptonite so it would effect Superman, he probably got that from Lex, of course, back then, Superman thought Lex was a good guy, or at least, wouldn't go to such lengths to kill him, hence why he ends up employing Lex for the regime

Injustice versions of characters are exaggerated bastardizations of their originals, which is funny because the prime Earth JL that shows up in the game are played pretty straight.

Because he's a grown man dressed in skin tight leather with horns throwing boomerangs at thieves and what have you

second post best post

Also, Batgod is a wanker and in love with The Joker

>we can discuss Diana being dick-hungry lady mcbeth
The fact that Diana doesn't get called out more for killing and torturing people way more indescriminately bothers me immensely.