Let me be blunt, is there a labor crisis in America today?

Let me be blunt, is there a labor crisis in America today?

Attached: Rk6LLAa.jpg (398x298, 10K)

there's a crisis in america today
and it's not as funny

Attached: yikds.jpg (750x733, 404K)

You mean is automation putting a lot of laborers out of work and over the next 10 years the labor industry will shift dramatically as truck drivers and cashiers are almost entirely eliminated? Yes.

You know he's canadian, right?

canada is in america Reatard

Our gun laws say otherwise.

So is Venezuela then.

Now, that depends on how you define crisis.

Unironically.

How many middle managers are going to be ambushed and shot in their cars and in their homes?

Jobs die, jobs are born. Sucks to be a 40 year old specialized iron miner or something, but shit happens time and time again throughout time. The economy is strong, jobs are strong, not the best job environment low-skilled labor has ever seen. But just fucking get a skill. It's well past time American teenagers ditched colleges and started going to vocational schools. No one cares about that generalized education of yours that you let yourself get rubber-stamped through.

Not enough.

Truck drivers won't die and neither will some cashiers but cashiering is a horrible job I wouldn't wish on my enemies.

>There is a problem but fuck you if you're affected by it.

If you're a 40 year old iron minor, then sorry for you. That shit happens. Nothing you can do about it.

If you're a millennial sitting with your dick in your hand whining on a forum instead of learning to do something with your life then yeah. Unironically, fuck you.

Well, it is

The thing to do would be to look for any organization willing to help retrain people. There are some out there and it does more for everyone than trying to bring back old jobs.

Oooh
Ay dee dai dee dai dee dai dee dai dee dai dee dai!

Way back the 1990s
I was known on TV
On a show called Whose Line Anyway
I was called Mochrie

And though I was quite famous
I had myself a scheme
To get even more recognized
So I became a meme!

Oh Ay dee dai dee dai dee dai dee dai dee dai dee dai!

I found a place called Newgrounds!
A flash based sort of spiel
I looked around and then I found
My ticket in, called Neil

He got me super famous
And with his direction
I went from a canadian
To animutation!

Oh I was sitting pretty
On all of the glory
But it was naught to last because
Oh Neil you can see

He found the social justice
Got a lobotomy
And then his wicked influence
Pozzed up me family!

So now my son’s a tranny boy
He cut right off his dick!
And though on twitter I applaud
Inside it makes me sick

Let this be a word of caution
To all who came this way
There’s much good cause to skip the poz
And traps are super gay!

Oh Ay dee dai dee dai dee dai dee Dai! Dee! Dai! Deee! Daiiiiii!!!!

Attached: irishdrinkingsong.jpg (480x360, 13K)

I've shared vocational school with people older than 40. It's honestly never too late to learn new shit. And it's not even "learn to code" shit, there's still plenty of blue-collar jobs that will take much longer to go away, if at all.

A for effort

Good effort but needs Colin failing to come up with a rhyme and having a heart attack.

There is but only because the American public has been turned off of blue collar work and other manual labor focused occupations. I am in the bay area and if I took a 5 mile car drive around the city I'd see a shitload of posters and signs of businesses trying to hire while paying a fair amount above minimum wage. Fucking McDonald's does $16/hr and it's not even a busy location.
Personally I feel it's because the media has long since portrayed such work as being undesirable in some way or another. Especially so in entertainment, you could probably count a half dozen characters from Yea Forums series that are all meant to rag on the service industry right now. Entire generations of people grow up and see this kind of thing and then decide "Even though I am in need of money I do not want to take a job like that, it is beneath me. I will just wait for something better to come along the way."
Now you could argue that these jobs are not sustainable enough for these people but it is because of these people that cause the chain of reaction to kick off. They choose not to work, so immigrants come in and take those jobs (some of whom end up rising up and taking the kind of jobs that an American would actually want to have worked thanks to affirmative action), who indirectly cause the price of labor to go down and thus make wages drop for the entire area, and because those jobs have now been filled by others there is less available on the market for Americans, Americans who then complain about there being no jobs despite being the ones who passed up on their chance to work in the first place. It's a cycle that we have created ourselves because we put ego before livability.