JUST

JUST

Attached: 1539108327571.png (873x542, 555K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Pl3Gq9tAlE
youtu.be/nq3Wlk2w-Zw?t=265.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's happening here?

Well... as this is basically official fanfic, I will put my headcannon of the next Avatar:
>The next Avatar must be set in an eighties era with an imminent death of Korra to close the portals that she had opened in S2.
>The new protagonist should have genes of the Republic of the Earth but in my case I prefer that his parents are of the Fire Nation with the first mentioned identity, with 18 years and living the Japanese eighties atmosphere in the Nation's Capital of the Fire, being part of a Japanese criminal organization.
>Otherwise, if the next Avatar is a woman, since it would make more sense for the Kyoshi Warriors to take her when she was born and secretly train her until she was 18 years old, appearing as an ordinary citizen in the Fire Nation Capital.
>The characters of ATLA and TLOK can appear later to generate arcs, but there should be a final event.
But I know perfectly well that it'll never happen because reviving a franchise in a spectacular way doesn't work in Western.
And this could be the possible Opening:
youtube.com/watch?v=5Pl3Gq9tAlE

Zuko getting cuck'd

And a new ship was born... only for the entire comic
It's literally the worst Avatar comic in filler terms.

Who cares? Zuko can hook up with superior Jin, Suki, etc

What really sucked in that situation was how much of a ungrateful ass that dude was when he talked smack to Zuko after he had just freed him from being imprisoned by guards

What ship?

Zuko x Suki
Not bad for me but very suddenly and previously they had fought to the death in the original series.

Just what?

1/3
Maiko was a shit pairing and Mai's character arc was stupid, anyway.

Mai is emblematic of everything wrong in Fire Nation society
>rich
>father is a governor of a colony
>she literally profits off of brutalised Earth Benders
>has a home outside the palace
>never shows empathy for the people her friend is conquering
At least Ty Lee seemed sad when she realised what Azula's intentions were in the Boiling Rock.
>doesn't care about peasants
>thinks fun is ordering servants around to her fruit tarts
>at best, doesn't understand Zuko
>"Why would you want to go to that stupid war meeting?"
>she says, to her boyfriend who sees this as proof that his father and sister ar conspiring against him
>at worst, she actively belittles him
>"..didn't ask for your whole life story..."
>she says, to her boyfriend about to face his violent father for the first time in three years
>has no understanding of Zuko's values or morality
>Fire Nation is about to scorch the planet
>"Uh but Zuko the real problem is that you broke off a month long relationship with me to try and save the world??????"

Attached: real best boy hours.jpg (780x781, 141K)

2/3

Mai's character arc made no fucking sense and was desperately shoehorned in at the last minute to make her more likeable and thus a better love interest for Zuko.

>Mai first appears
>loudly starts bitching about how life as the daughter of a nobleman who essentially has total control of an entire city isn't fun enough for her right next to her mother
>"This place is unbearably bleak..."
>"There really is no fathoming the depths of my hatred for this place."
>her mother responds by politely telling her to enjoy having absolute power over everyone there
>pursues Aang and Katara and gets into a knife fight with them
>rather than being punished, nothing is made of it
>meanwhile, Toph's parents, who are actually strict, literally hired people to kidnap her and bring her back when they found out she could fight
>whereas Mai's parents just let her fight in a war zone with zero objection or protest

>the Beach
>"MY PARENTS NEVER LET ME SPEAK OUT OF TURN OR EXPRESS MYSELF. THIS MAKES ME A TRAGIC CHARACTER!"

Attached: absolute mad lad strikes again.jpg (365x1100, 212K)

Mai's betrayal of Azula, while aesthetically pleasing on it's own, makes no sense.
>Mai straight up says that she does not care if Azula shoots lightning at her, she will not pursue Aang, Katara, and Sokka down the sewage pipeline even if it means catching the Avatar and saving the Fire Nation attack of Bai Sing Se
>we're supposed to care when Mai decides to betray Azula and acts like it's this insane moment of development and courage

Maiko can be best be summarized by the following: youtu.be/nq3Wlk2w-Zw?t=265.

The story would have been a lot stronger and made more sense if Zuko dumped Mai in Book 3 and that was the end of the relationship. She, like his adoring public, his father's acceptance, his crown, and everything else would be put aside when he realizes that he's grown and what he wants has changed. Zuko throws away every other shallow aspect of Fire Nation imperial life when he leaves to help the Gang, it makes absolutely no sense outside of wanting to pair up the spares for her to be the exception.

You can ship whatever you want and Maiko fans have produced some good art, but from a storytelling perspective Maiko is absolutely Korra-tier stupid romance writing.

Attached: and then the best boy burned them all.jpg (600x539, 124K)

FUCK

wow lot of spergs in here

Is it really “Mai”? Like “my”? All this time I’ve been hearing and spelling it “Mei”(May)...

Americans can't pronounce correctly. News at 11.

OBSESSED

It's a ATLA thread. What do you expect?

OBESE

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

THIS IS MY KNIFE AND FORK

My sequel would have skipped the Earth Avatar and skipped to a cyberpunk Fire Avatar in a world where Spirits are either largely ignored or forgotten about and the Avatar is viewed highly unfavorably, even hated maybe, because the previous Earth Avatar was caught in the mix that killed him (the event not being their fault of course) that would have been something similar to an Iran Contra scandal mixed in with a bit of Vietnam War, while the Fire Avatar has to mix his traditional element bending with new technology, hacking too maybe, to bring down the system that suppresses the spirit world built by the events that culminated after the death of the Earth Avatar.

Zuko is rethinking his stance about the "never stick your dick in your crazy but loyal sister" rule.

Attached: 1544313125119.png (1920x1080, 810K)

Azula hooked up Mai with some random guy so she can have Zuko's dick