We could have had a gritty realistic Shazam movie that explored Billy’s childhood and the harsh reality of being a...

>We could have had a gritty realistic Shazam movie that explored Billy’s childhood and the harsh reality of being a foster child
>Normies would have hated that so instead we get an immature “fun” meme movie about a teenager playing with his powers

I fucking hate this timeline.

Attached: Screencap-from-Shazam-trailer.jpg (1920x1080, 378K)

You need to stop spamming this thread

You mean what WB had planned back in 2008?

Attached: CapturE.jpg (2323x130, 89K)

Gritty and realistic is what fucked every DCEU movie over

This. "Gritty, realistic" Shazam sounds like nothing anyone wanted.

>Then know by his original name of Captain Marvel
Man, imagine if it actually got released.

Attached: 501C8E19-4815-42F7-981C-716719655CDE.jpg (470x1029, 48K)

get outta here zach

Thank god

>a gritty realistic Shazam movie
lmao, listen to yourself you fucking nerd.

Funny, all that sounds great to me. Thank god the Snyder era is over. Be happy with the 2.5 movies you got.

I remember this thread from a week ago. You were a faggot then that didn't understand the appeal of the franchise, and you're a faggot now who STILL doesn't get Shazam. In fact, now you're an even bigger dick gobbler for spamming the same thread.

Attached: Your Opinion.jpg (381x424, 203K)

I hate how his suit is a blow up suit with a skinny guy inside it. Cavill, Evans, Hemsworth all made gains for their roles

Have you read Shazam: New Beginning? Because that's what it was and it was fucking awful.

No snyder

No one likes cartoonishly edgy movies barring very specific examples.
That era is fucking gone. The question is if they're ever going to go back to fun schlocky batman or not at this point.

Attached: grimdark.png (483x234, 131K)

>I love the Shazam series!
>Me too! What's your favorite thing about it?
>The parts where Billy mopes around for 20 pages because of how shitty not having parents is. Can't wait for the next installment!

Attached: 1515691305581.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

>copypasta for 100th time
What the fuck is it with all these MCU shills on this goddamn board? Why aren't mods deleting this obviously repetitive bait?

People cried during the movie

No, poor characterization and inconprehensible story and editing ruined every DC movie.

>The parts where Billy mopes around for 20 pages because of how shitty not having parents is.
Based Cereal Man.

I feel your pain, and sincerely hope you're not some nostalgia fag who likes Cowabunga Pizza Turtles.

Attached: b0f2661c85f018f9e0-12.jpg (624x933, 147K)

Considering how Batman V Superman was supposed to be dark but instead had me laughing my ass off at almost every scene, I think maybe the new direction is much needed.

I miss Snyder

Zach don't you have another franchise to be tanking?

>I miss the hack that ruined DC for half a decade.

Attached: 1512151006843.png (326x306, 243K)

t.edgelord

>We could have had a gritty realistic Shazam movie that explored Billy’s childhood and the harsh reality of being a foster child
Gross.

Attached: 1384586300921.png (1012x1020, 301K)

>I fucking hate this timeline
Kids are idiots, deal with it

Shut the fuck up. I was the OP from the last thread everyone chimped out on.

This OP is right, though. God forbid we don't just get endless quips and MCU-style films without consequence. We actually had superhero movies for adults and not the zoomer stuff you eat up like a pig lapping up slop, we had serious tones and themes instead of kiddie comedy, we had epic moments and now flossing. I know Yea Forums likes to be contrarian but the normies actually like stories with drama to them. Go watch Marvel if you want Marvel.

Angry zoomers angry at being called out, marshmallow generation.

Attached: Zoomer.gif (507x269, 1.6M)

>he wants yet another origin super hero movie that focuses purely on the origin
Give the gyst and get on with it, holy fuck.

>wanting a gritty shazam movie about the woes of an Orphan
>wanting a zoomer movie about how cool powers are
>not explicitly wanting a Shazam movie about Dr Sivana coming up with some fucking insane way to take over the world with mad science and Billy, both as Billy and Shazam, working to undo his scheme

The early Captain Marvel comics were absolute pure gold and they should be the inspiration for the character.

Attached: letHimRot.png (300x300, 8K)

you kinda got your wish with the 03 turtles series.

But he's so damn stupid. It's like he's just begging me to have a 5 hour argument about how he probably doesn't even like Shazam to begin with.

Attached: 1551974267065.jpg (476x557, 113K)

I was convinced I'd never find a Golden Age comic I could really get into, but then I tried Captain Marvel.

Strength, brother.

Not to go into spoiler territory, but I have reason to suspect he's going to get into science in a big way in the implied sequel. If they treat this movie as a low-key origin story for how Sivana became the stupidly smart scientist he is, I'd be pretty happy with that compromise.

It really is surprising how enjoyable they are. I attribute it to the sheer outlandishness of the villains.

Just post scenes you want in future movies

Attached: 1547750771801.jpg (428x350, 88K)

Something in particular that I love is that early Captain Marvel has no straight man despite how fucking wacky shit gets. One of my favorite moments in Captain Marvel Adventures is when Billy realizes a giant werewolf has no hide to protect it from the inside, so he dives into the wolve's mouth and proceeds to beat the shit out of it from the inside. That's fucking hilarious.

I know it won't happen, but I want Sivana to mathematically learn how to walk through walls. I'd also love at least one reference of him wanting his own dedicated day of the week called Sivanaday ala Thunderworld.

Attached: sivana walk through walls.jpg (249x202, 13K)

If he walks through a wall, I'd lose my shit. That'd be great.

Shut up you fucking nerd.

There are tons of gritty realistic movies about [insert difficult childhood], you just don't want to watch them because they aren't about a costumed guy with supepowers. Stop pretending you aren't the pleb here.

I just want a scene where Sivana just shrugs and decides that he's just going to stab Billy.

You aren't actually a Cap fan, so fuck off.

I think that works well because it's never presented as wacky. All of Sivana's lunatic inventions or Billy's dopey victory tactics are just presented as naturally as anything ordinary would be.
Sivana being the king of Mars with his supermodel wife and 4 kids is just handed to the reader as a fact. It's not played as a joke, it doesn't come with a wink and smile. The series doesn't invite you to question how a bug could be a genocidal monster.

Sivana is a cold motherfucker

>>a gritty realistic Shazam movie
>lmao, listen to yourself you fucking nerd.

yeah that sounds pretty misguided

Truth. To me Captain Marvel/Shazam being unapologetically goofy is as natural as Gotham being depicted as a shithole. Ya can't NOT have it.

Don't mess with him

Attached: Cop Killer Sivana.jpg (658x555, 106K)

It's probably because you're a massive fucking faggot

Nice copy pasta

Attached: superman-kills-shazam-injustice-gods-among-us-3.jpg (1986x1442, 1.65M)

>we could have had Man of Steel: Shazam Variant by Hack Snyder
How about no.

Nah, it genuinely was the films themselves that were the problem. The Nolan Batman films were gritty and realistic, and people mostly liked them. They carried that style into the DCEU, looked for a director known for that kind of thing, then shat the bed when they hired Snyder.

If they'd got someone who understood how to make good films without layers upon layers of shitty references and subtexts that aren't actually that deep, they'd have probably done fine. Putting Snyder where he belongs, doing visuals, and someone competent doing the actual direction, it probably would have worked.

Snyder is great at visuals, shit at direction and story. Yeah, he doesn't write the story, but he signs off on it and aims it in certain directions and styles.

There is nothing wrong with Snyder's direction and the symbolism was a microscopic part of Mos & didn't effect the film's quality in a positive or negative way on any level.

Snyder's only fucking problems were creative choices that turned people off that had nothing to do with his scene to scene directing competence.
> Killing Zod
> Destruction
> Batman who kills
> Tornado

>Gritty and and realistic
>About a hero who's entire premise is that becoming an adult is awesome

But the fucking jackasses aren't doing the whole dieselpunk Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow mad science thing with Sivana, they have made him a poor man's Black Adam & fucking wasted Mark Strong AGAIN!

>I'm mad I didnt get to see a fictional child suffer for two hours

How awkward was the feel in the room when Lasered Shazam turned into a dead child?

>lasers being able to kill captain marvel

Gritty and and realistic won't work unless it's Christopher Nolan

>then shat the bed when they hired Snyder.
Zack Snyder is good with directing visual feats movie but he is really bad at writting

>We could have had Man of Steel, but with Shazam
>We somehow avoided this
Be fucking grateful.

Those lasers have enough heat to thaw an entire frozen planet in minutes.

Exactly. He can't tell a story to save his life. Bring him in to stylise the film by all means, but leave direction to someone who has a clue.

Have you ever seen a Captain Marvel comic?
Theyve been goofy as fuck since inception.

Copy and paste this all you want shill it still won't generate enough interest to keep this flop movie from bombing

Attached: D1qF6mkXcAAC-CS.jpg (1079x939, 147K)

Snyder doesn't get Superman.

Why not both?

Attached: zoidberg_sticker1_orig.png (303x303, 85K)

>I wish I had a million dollars
>gets $50k
Thanks for kinda granting my wish!
It's like that.

And Shazam has the durability of a god. And is a match for Superman in combat.

>We could have had another depressing, grimdark cape film that misses the point of the character and is no fun whatsoever.
No thanks OP.

What said. Shazam should be able to tank heat vision at least long enough to punch the shit out of Superman, but Injustice has enough problems with characterization. Making Billy a jobber is the least of it's issues.

this guy on twitter said something? holy shit!

Attached: 1442546432889.jpg (518x540, 295K)

Attached: 1552655397115.jpg (583x575, 98K)

It's almost as if baiting was a recreational activity of Yea Forums or something.