All these Captain Marvel threads

>all these Captain Marvel threads
>all these Shazam threads
>all these Endgame threads
>literally zero hype for Dark Phoenix
Was Apocalypse that bad? Days of Future Past and Logan were amazing.

Attached: jean grey of thrones.jpg (700x500, 33K)

I just...really dont care about Jean Grey. Shes so fuckin boring.

get off Yea Forums, Emma

Who cares when we all know the X-Franchise is getting rebooted into the MCU?

Apocalypse was bad, the new cast is a complete flatline, and the movie has been delayed again and again. It will be at least as shit as Justice League

Why watch that when we have this?

Attached: thelaststand.jpg?format=2500w.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

Apocalypse was such a nothing movie. the only noteworthy thing about dark phoenix is time line wise its a direct prequel to the original X men film, and thats mildly interesting

Yes, the new cast sucks, and no one wants to see this story again. It's a shitty way to end FOX's X-Men

Dark Phoenix is intended to be an apology for how bad that film was

Uhh, you forgot me...

Attached: HellBoy_(Remake)_ver5_xxlg.jpg (1946x3000, 547K)

It made an ancient Egyptian super God boring.

Disney shills won't care about X-men until it becomes part of MCU

Nah, I just X3 again instead

Jean Grey is a boring character.
She is arguably the most boring Marvel character.
Plus, she isn't even hot outside of Evolution.

I wish I could forget about you
Apocalypse has always been boring
Well yeah, because the only thing left doing with these movies is seeing them interact with new characters and maybe some better costumes

>hype
>for a dead franchise
besides fox already fucked up phoenix saga once, this will be the same. none of the details sound promising. new mutants could be good though.

no this is my board

No Ron, no deal.

Yeah, I did

>Was Apocalypse that bad?
I loved how it turned into a comedy at the end.
Specifically the point where Xavier turned bald.

You mean the only good thing about it was quicksilver saving people from the explosion.

eh deadpool did really well for an R-rated film and got lots of hype.

Not him but even that's shit because it's just a retread of the same gimmick from DOFP. If they do it again in Dark Phoenix, than this Quicksilver really is a joke

DoFP was fucking awful OP, the only Fox-Men movie that was worth any kind of a damn was Logan

>DoFP was fucking awful
Why?

>Was Apocalypse that bad?
Yes, but it's not just that. This movie looks and feels like an attempt to redo X3 and that movie was even worse.

I think the trailer looks fine all things considered but I think the movie is just bad conceptually and people aren't going to give it a chance.

theres was no need for this movie and the trailes were boring

It was more of the same damn story that we keep getting told in X-Men films ( something awful is happening to Mutants and we have to stop it ), it focused again on Wolverine, Prof X and fucking Magneto after 5 fucking films of that trio already. It’s very telling that a movie is bad when only a single scene in the film is noteworthy, the quicksilver running scene. Maybe it’s just me, but by the time DoFP came out I was already tired of the Wolverine and the X-Men show and wanted something new, and They just gave me the same old stale crap that I was tired of, only now it involves Wolverine Time Traveling and it’s going to be loosely based off a rather forgettable X-Men story, and then it couldn’t even do that right.

It doesn't look very good, that's all.

What bugs me about DoFP is the ending. Specifically when they're holding off the Sentinels to buy more time for Kitty Pryde to keep Wolverine in the past...when Wolvie's already been dispatched by Magneto and isn't doing anything. They don't know they're just wasting their time, but we do, and it's stupid.

cartoon apoc was fantastic, you raging homosexual.

He's the exception to the rule

This! people don't care anymore about 1 movie, they care about the cinematic universe around that movie.

You're more bothered by that than the scene where he gets fished out the lake by Mystique yet for some reason still undergoes the weapon-X project?

Oddly the only movie from the fox-men universe I care about is Logan. Had I not seen the others I’m sure I’d have felt the same way.

>DoFP
>Logan
>amazing
Damn, and here I thought the hype had died down enough people could start admitting they weren't that great.

DoFP and Logan are great but X2 is still superior

Attached: 04287e.gif (245x245, 998K)

it’s mindblowing how well this movie aged

>it feels too similar to X-Men The Last Stand

That’s probably because it is directed and written by the writer of X-Men The Stand

This. Is there literally any way she can be made into an interesting character without being rewritten from the ground up?

Attached: 1548377908169.jpg (208x210, 9K)

wow the mistique make up has gone to shit

The worst thing to happen to the X Men franchise was her actress getting an oscar, then they had to force mistique into main character good guy status

The Superhero "Bubble" doesn't seem to be bursting exactly, but over-saturation means the ones people don't care about get really crowded out. X-Men is a tired franchise, readapting the same story under the same studio, with some of the same creatives running it, with a different cast. Nobody cares. In early June people will probably rewatch Avengers Endgame rather than even seeing it.

>you forgot me
You're right. And after this thread, I'll forget you again.

Sophie Turner is such a wooden and terrible actor that it just bums me out. Opinions on other x-films are irrelevant.

Shazam releasing close to Endgame was a bad move. This releasing so close was fucking suicide

Even if I thought the movie had a 1% chance of being decent I still don't care about Jean Grey and I don't need to see Dark Phoenix rehashed again.

Wasn't this movie supposed to be a 2-parter originally? Or was that a myth?

so it will be another 10 years before we get the apology of this movie?

the problem with Jean in the Fox movies is when she becomes Phoenix to save the X-Men is only hero moment, and "I can't control my powers like the Professor" is all the justification she's given to become bonkers evil.

Marvel need to both the M'krann Crystal story and the Hellfire Club story each as their own movie or Jean/Phoenix's character arc simply doesn't work.

Jean Grey is boring and the actress is ugly. I'm not even sure the movie will be worth pirating.
>shows the entire movie in the trailer
>hellboy: i wish i was thor
Why would I ever want to watch this?

Because hellboy is Yea Forums's love child and everybody wants to see him in live-action

The X-Men movie franchise is mostly garbage carried by a few perfect casting choices.

And since this looks like shit with little focus on the cool characters, it's not hard to understand the lack of hype.

It will be funny if Emma replaces Jean in the MCU. Jean is baggaged by Phoenix and no one will see her as a couple with Cyclops over Wolverine. Plus they have enough redhead females.

This, it's not even the movies themselves it's stuff like Hugh Jackman being nearly perfect as Wolverine.

Phoenix Saga is a story that deserves to be adapted well, as for the love triangle I think Wolverine, Storm and Black Panther would be a better choice, casual fans would lose their minds

who is emma

Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, and Magneto Jr are amazing

I'm eternally annoyed by the Magneto origin movie being reworked into a prequel/reboot.

I want Fassbender Mags hunting Nazis and shit for two hours.

How can they still include the Nazis? This is the MCU

>Whoa you guise jean is back fron the dead, but shes all EEEEEEVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLL!!! Oh noes we have to kill her!
>Hey youse guise, its me, jeen gray! Back from the dead again, but i promise that im not evil this time! Pinkie swear!
>oh no, i is dead.
>Whoa guy holy moly jeen grey is back but shes evil.
>...
>AGAIN!

The Phoenix thing is so lame. Honestly, it feels like a self-aware parody of superhero deaths and them coming back as evil.

I wish they could find someone to play Emma that doesn't look like shit and can actually act. Kind of sucks Alice Eve was Typhoid Mary, I know she was in the running for First Class and she would've been way better than January Jones' wooden performance.

Why the fuck would anybody give a shit about "literally The Last Stand again but an even worse Jean actress this time"?

>Was Apocalypse that bad
It definitely wasn't good

>show Jean Grey in one bad movie
>played by a wooden actress that only got the job because of game of thrones, where's she's literally the worst character and actress
>make a dark phoenix movie
It's retarded to make dark phoenix if you don't make people give a shit about Jean Grey to begin with.

Not really. It's more like repeating same stuff twice to prove a point that the first Phoenix movie was good.

Casuals dont care because its Last Stand redux
Fans dont care because Dark Pheonix is the most overplayed X-Men plot in both comics and adaptions

They can make them Hydra or whatever.

They could actually tie him to a more recent genocide, like people have brainstormed for Magneto for years. Where do you all want MCU Magneto to come from?

>>all these Captain Marvel threads
>>all these Shazam threads
>>all these Endgame threads
Yes, this board is full of live action shit... and that's a good thing!

It's a disaster that hopefully never sees the light of day.

Jean is one of the main X-Men characters than normies know, someone people will expect to see in the MCU, even if they make her black because redheads aren't allowed. They aren't going to replace her with someone people barely remember as a secondary villain in First Class. You aren't getting that, and you'll get boyscout Cyclops, not anything from the modern comics.

>Where do you all want MCU Magneto to come from?

It'll never happen, but just like MCU Spider-Man is avoiding using villains that were in previous movies, MCU X-Men to avoid Magneto and Mystique entirely and use other villains.

White Genocide. Make him an alt-righter.

>Days of Future Past and Logan were amazing.
>Days of Future Past
>amazing.
I'm pretty sure you will enjoy Dark Phoenix. Your standards seem low enough.

>Sophie Turner is
miles better than Famke Janssen

Attached: you_hear_me_boy.png (1190x896, 327K)

>Where do you all want MCU Magneto to come from?
the synagogue

Attached: ultra-orthodox.jpg (408x272, 34K)

That's not funny

Attached: d4cc9b0ba2968d54d2607f2af711744c.jpg (495x780, 28K)

As much as I love mama Emma she's not gonna be in any Xmovies in any capacity she was in modern comics

Attached: tumblr-nx9qx238jf1t5fcf9o1-540.jpg (514x800, 53K)

Emma got used in Infinity Wars that was made to capitalize on the movie. Worth noting that the other ones that were the mains beside her were Loki, Hulk, Scott Antman, Kang(lots of rumors of him being used soon maybe even Endgame) and Miss Marvel.

MCU X Men is coming.

>all these Shazam thread
There's two which while granted is more than it has had in month isn't a lot and there both dead with at least one being nothing but/tv/ shitposting

>Magneto used
>Mystique used
>Sabertooth used
>Juggernaut used
>Apocalypse used
>Sentinels used
>Hellfire Club used
>Dark Phoenix used
>Shadow King used
>Viper used

Who is left?
Vulcan? Yeah, right.
Omega Red? Maybe as a villain to introduce Wolverine or to waste like Crossbones was.
Onslaught? Not so soon.
Cassandra Nova? Possibly, unless she's Jessica Chastain's character.
Mojo? No, please no.
The Brood? Possibly.
Dark Beast? Not without a proper Age of Apocalypse stuff, so no, not yet.
Avengers? Eventually.
Unus the Untouchable? Yes! Can't wait to see him!

Actually I'd like to see Sinister with Krakoa thrown in. Maybe even Savage Land and Sauron.

They can just pull other marvel villains not directly associated with the X-men I guess, like Ghost for Antman and the Wasp.

They don't have to avoid re-using everyone, just Magneto, Mystique, and Dark Phoenix, maybe Sabretooth, Juggernaut and Stryker as well. Most of the others, they could get away with a do-over eventually.