How's Your Webcomic? #548

What is the most unique thing you've seen from a comic?
Alt Q: What new things (tools/techniques/theory/medium/etc) are you going to try next?

*Please add your comic name/link to your first image post

>/hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

> DRAWING PRACTICE and TUTORIALS
Ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES and REFERENCE
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Dos and Don'ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

> ART and WRITING RESOURCES
makingcomics.com/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
pastebin.com/BSVaT7uQ
/a5UmYWhT
/eTqaESTc
/pVkAE4uX

> PODCASTS and VIDEOS
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
John Cleese on Creativity: youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
Capeworld's Podcast: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6isqHY5kZzHK6Gviy18SHXnz8hdrkgkx
Terrible Writing Advice: youtube.com/channel/UC3ogrx6d9oohf6D42G44j1A

>Brush Packs
CSP: mega.nz/#F!5xlV2IzJ!bg8BZB-oYaVrmD31S3fJHw

Previous thread

Attached: hywc.jpg (1200x1165, 1.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=167692
deviantart.com/antlerweasel/art/Things-Just-Happen-1-1-789771748?ga_submit_new=10:1552699689
onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Chapter_0
dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Minus:_The_Departure_of_the_Fated_Child
monster-lands.com/
tapas.io/episode/1353919
tapas.io/episode/1355008
webtoons.com/en/challenge/oni-x-fox/sidestory-9-weapons-day-3-4/viewer?title_no=36239&episode_no=182
smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=179527
tapas.io/episode/1351926
tapas.io/episode/1272284
desuarchive.org/co/search/subject/How's your webcomic/
jasonthibault.com/definitive-list-comic-publisher-submission-guidelines/
tapas.io/series/PREDATHEOSIS
predatheosis.tumblr.com/
webtoons.com/en/challenge/predatheosis/list?title_no=227480
federicoveyretou.deviantart.com/gallery/66121133/PREDATHEOSIS-Chapter-1-HELM8
newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1434168/1
youtube.com/watch?v=4KfmA6cEpU0
tapas.io/series/Luck-Labs/
m.webtoons.com/en/challenge/luck-labs/list?title_no=242335
tapas.io/series/The-Concord-Initiative
animatorisland.com/defining-the-art-twinning/?v=7516fd43adaa
animatorisland.com/twinning-102-change-it-up/?v=7516fd43adaa
tapas.io/episode/1355515
webtoons.com/en/challenge/faustfall/book-3-brother-pages-16-17/viewer?title_no=203841&episode_no=38
faustfall.smackjeeves.com/
ghadar.smackjeeves.com/comics/2763765/page-11/
tapas.io/episode/1355877
webtoons.com/en/challenge/eerily-lovely/spook-spell-part-1/viewer?title_no=255060&episode_no=10
assets.clip-studio.com/ja-jp/detail?id=1405766
mangadex.org/title/34922/my-life-is-yonkoma/chapters/
support.apple.com/en-au/HT206481
tapas.io/series/Sideways
tapas.io/series/LIM
tapas.io/series/PhantomReign
tapas.io/series/Flesh-Kernel
tapas.io/episode/1357483
webtoons.com/en/challenge/oni-x-fox/sidestory-9-weapons-day-5-6/viewer?title_no=36239&episode_no=183
patreon.com/new-creator-plans
buyingtime.the-comic.org
tapas.io/series/Squires-for-Hire
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hey I know I was just sucking your dick a second ago, but I think you pushed it a little far when you can't even read the text. if you were going to redraw anything, it should have been the hand with the broken rubber pencil

in any case, I'm practicing soft painting styles. So far I've managed to accomplish "Satiny and boring, not pushing values very hard"

smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=167692

deviantart.com/antlerweasel/art/Things-Just-Happen-1-1-789771748?ga_submit_new=10:1552699689

Two things to keep an eye out for.
1) I'm still uploading to Deviantart so itll be a bit
2) I wrote the bubbles for the starting pages but eventually I stopped being an idiot and used a font maker, around the end of chapter 1.

I should include an image so here's the first page. If I could, I'd do a chapter 0 because I started it off badly for those who didn't actually watch Zootopia.

Also yes its a zootopia fan comic.

Attached: 1pwpk11rrzDvg0.png (1051x1623, 150K)

Are you in Discord?

Putting my name out for discord AerostarMonk#8788
I've lurked here on and off for a couple of years. I just never post my comic. I will one day. Maybe.

Finished this page!

So since this chapter has pretty much focused on Rose marry, what do you guys think of her?

Also I'm accepting guest comics now, so if you wanna make one hit me up.

Attached: page 30.png (2250x3300, 1.72M)

>what do you guys think of her?
the nostril curl is uncute and her leaf-bangs look more like stitching than the vein pattern in leaves, and i'm not super fond of the cream-white skin with the fall palette. other than that she just seems to be a bitch? was that the intention?

No worries, I agree on all points. I wanted to scrap it and do something else, but that's when I passed out. Didn't have time to do something new since when I came to the old thread was autosaging and on page 8.

I'll try and get back to having new edits done ahead of time after this, maybe with a buffer, so I can catch errors like that ahead of time and maybe do whole redraws for fun. It might be a fun change of pace.
In all seriousness, I do appreciate the feedback. They're edits, but that doesn't mean they're above criticism and critique and neither am I :)
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go take another coma pill

Anyone else ship Nyamo x Coldfusion?

Would it be weird to go back and make a chapter 0 of your webcomic?

Like, if you started it out really poorly and wanted to give a sort of pre-chapter 1 ago? A short one at least.

sauce? i wanna see the sadida doll get fucked.

in my dreams

I've seen comics do a prologue after being well into the comic, but it's always been hit or miss.
What exactly do you want to do in your chapter 0 that can't be done now in a later chapter?

>I've seen comics do a prologue after being well into the comic, but it's always been hit or miss.
This. i remember someone in here even wanted it to be secret, so only people looking in the archive would see it, which is ... unique? but not in a good way

a much better idea in my opinion is to just do a flashback

Its less a chapter that will be a "prologue" to it but since my comic is based on a thing [this one] but without like, sorta introducing the comic as a whole id do just a short 4 page thing that introduces the city and main characters super quick.

Just a small thing really.

I posted this just before the last thread died, I'm looking for criticism about my shitty art to improve. All of them are supposed to be the same character except the large one.

Attached: Sketches.png (1636x1415, 625K)

At least post some drawing so we knew who are you.

I write StarHammer.

Attached: 1533268711908.png (1110x747, 814K)

I was trying to go for incel lesbian, but i understand if people aren't a fan of her, just wanted to know.

West Tree academy of heroes, she's getting fucked next page, whenever i make it.

I'll ask mods for invite for you.
Do you have a discord? Are you a good person?

usually when a manga does it it ends up being a huge 'and all your favourite characters knew each other all along' wankfest and rarely contributes much.

>incel lesbian
im so confused by this.

holy shit I didn't know harro was drawing another comic too

I do have a discord name, but I don't know about being a good person. Why?

>manga
you mean western film franchise or longrunning tv show. i can't think of when a manga has ever done that

I'm thinking about revealing drawing secrets to you.

I thought you only talked about pussy mittens on the discord

onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Chapter_0

dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Minus:_The_Departure_of_the_Fated_Child

you poor child

He was doing 3. We have a book coming out in October.

wow that sounds really dumb and unnecessary
eh, that's just a retconning of bardock's story, nothing weird about that. it doesn't have a bunch of characters all knowing each other in the past.

what's the third one?
so that means this fantasy thing will be the fourth? or is A Better Place going to be over first

The third is not online. It's a graphic novel for a traditional publisher. It's also completed so it's no longer part of his current workload. But the fantasy comic could be added to that workload. He's gonna continue working on A Better Place for the foreseeable future.

oh somehow I got the feeling it was winding down. well shit, that's just the kind of professionalism i'd expect

It is winding down. But the projected end date is a work in progress. But harro and I have been working on StarHammer since November 2015. I guess we're coming up on Year 4 now. It's gonna end this year. But there's gonna be a direct sequel with the same title.

i really shouldnt talk shit since my own fucking comic is a fanfic but did you really have to go with zootopia of all things, especially with that art style

well ill give it a shot anyway, you could end up making something incredible like that comic i will survive

This took way too long.

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg51.png (940x1216, 1.64M)

if I ever made a comic like IWS I'll fucking end myself.

And man my art got better. I know its hard to look at but i'll admit i got better at working on stuff as I went on. At least art wise, Im still shit at updating.

Up to you, dude.

I want Nyamo's drawing secrets..
I'm not even making jokey joke jokes, I want everyone's secrets.

I'm working on forcing all Discord people to write a short tutorial each.

Beastars is an alright zootopia "fanfic"

A tutorial on what? Webcomics? Art?

i still gotta read that..

Webcomics and art.

man, those faces give off a really uncanny valley feel. I think it's something about the shape of the head combined with the thick lips, but it's kind of unsettling. I guess it's kinda hard to explain uncanny valley feelings, though.

it's the length of the face, the height of the eyes, and the overall poor head and face shapes
like I said, this is a really common stage I see a lot in beginner artists, but it's really easy to make big improvements on with basic construction techniques.

How do you force yourself to like digital art?
It takes so much longer to get the same result I can do on paper.

Attached: sketch0001.png (800x620, 42K)

there's a learning curve, but it gets so much faster so quickly. especially the ability to quickly move and readjust things, selecting parts, and costruction on a separate layer.
If this is all you're doing, then obviously there's no real point

i burned through the comic but i'm not really feeling it since im not your target demographic
the whole depression and suicidal feelings thing just isnt what i look for in comics, but at least some of the dialogue was nice
>mentions of sexual content [NOT SHOWN!]

a bit misleading dont you think?

Tite Kubo one-upped everyone and did Chapter 0, negative chapters, and even imaginary number chapters, for Bleach, IIRC.

jebus
and none of it was fun that didnt take place in the hometown

You're good enough to convey basic motions and gestures through your drawings, so the absolute bare minimum to do comics, you're far from them being appealing though. Hard to tell anything more, it's just beginner's drawings, there's no element that shouldn't be improved. You might want to ask more specific questions.

What's the point of copy pasting poses by the way?

I've been wanting to do this with an origin story with jack and annabeth for a while now.

Digital has its definite merits, it has layers and Ctrl+Z for example, coloring is easier too. And you don't have to bother with scanning.
I also think traditional is much faster, but I've grown too accustomed to crutches digital provides and even when I can't draw lines nearly as well as on paper, I can't switch back for anything more than doodles anymore.

I draw on my ipad, but I post on my laptop. I linked my laptop to my notes (where I drew) so I can access them, but I couldn't figure out how to copy the drawings off of notes in the browser in any way except print screen. I was too lazy to remove all of the copies.

My biggest concern is how to make everyone's faces look the same each time I draw them. I can never get quite the same face twice.

I recall the negative numbered chapters, but what arc was the imaginary numbered ones?

'notes' is a program?

On the ipad, I just sketched and doodled in the notes app. It's meant for writing notes to yourself, but I did it because I didn't have a proper drawing program.

If I remember right, there was. Truthfully, I haven't read Bleach in years and years, so I don't really remember. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't even remember the negative number chapters being an arc, I though they were just backstories or whatever.

Its gonna happen I jsut put that there cause of smackjeeves weird rule. And yeah right now its in the dumb depression part but I honestly just cant wait to get past this chapter. But Ive been so out of it I gotta update more.

The negative numbers were Turn Back The Pendulum or whatever engrish Kubo thought sounded cool to call how the Visords came to be and how Urahara, Yoruichi, and the big dude that works with Urahara got fucked over by Aizen, Gin, and the one black guy in the Japanese afterlife.

Oh, right right. Now I sorta remember more.

get one of those. you'll love having a stabilizer, pressure sensitivity, etc.

smackjeeves has a rule about mentioning sexual conduct?

Considering that Ennui Go is hosted there, I have reason to doubt that.

it does have that annoying warning on it that never goes away

Here's the new Monster Lands page: monster-lands.com/

Marcus does a quick save after too much honesty

Attached: monsterlands.170.png (792x1224, 1.18M)

nice to see that harro is getting work

I just wanted to update on the status of my next comic, Space Pack. I've been working on the rough pages, and there's quite a lot to go through. I originally estimated it to be completed and ready to start posting sometime in the summer, but depending on how things go, I picture a fall/winter start date at the latest.

Anyways, here's a quick sketch while working on it tonight. Not all of the cast is so keen on the alien!

Attached: Blake_AndNismo_SpacePack.jpg (800x1177, 1.15M)

that's some serious planning ahead.

Truly, haha! I'm making Space Pack during my spare time with the goal to have it fully finished before even posting! That way I won't have to worry about meeting updates and making new pages while still keeping up with my other comics/projects at the same time.

Fuck drawing secrets, reveal the secrets behind your panties

There is nothing you haven't seen on other girls, user ^^

I agree. I had trouble finding this thread

cut or uncut?

Uncut, 9.5 inches, very dark from overuse.

bump

This looks so professional, like a young adult novel that's been adapted to comic form. Varied poses, expressions, framing... Super solid.

Tried combining the panels on top of each other like a normal comic.

Attached: AB0137-139.png (975x1725, 66K)

Thanks. I've been trying to push my characters' expressions and body language lately to make these pages where everyone is standing around and talking more visually interesting.

I thought you didn't like power levels? This is certainly God form my friend.

Slap me with your peepee and call my webcomic shit please!

Didn't know last thread was so close to death. Here's a repost of yesterday's Tom N Artie Tales page.

tapas.io/episode/1353919

Attached: PAGE 4.png (675x1024, 1.37M)

And one update from main.

15 page is finished with 10 more to go. Estimate we'll be done with it by late April or early May.

Attached: PAGE 15 COLOR.png (525x734, 500K)

Are these tutorials going to be discord only, or are they going to get posted elsewhere?

We post a lot of inside meme stuff outside Discord actually.

New Oni x Fox update! We will see who wins the first match up of the Weapon Challenge!

Tapas: tapas.io/episode/1355008
Webtoons: webtoons.com/en/challenge/oni-x-fox/sidestory-9-weapons-day-3-4/viewer?title_no=36239&episode_no=182

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 10.13.35 AM.png (554x286, 124K)

>What is the most unique thing you've seen from a comic?
Well' i think the most uni.
**BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTHHHH!**
>MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THIS PESKY LOSER KNOWS I AM THE BIGGEST AND CHUNKIEST UNIQUE THING IN HIS PATHETIC COMIC, PREPARE YOURSELF GHADAR, THE G IS COMING!
**BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTHHHH!**
Ghadar Adventures, read it now in Smack Jeeves!
>smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=179527

Attached: Imagen (2).jpg (1495x810, 84K)

so what's the requirement for the discord? having an active webcomic online?

considering a good portion of people on it don't even have a webcomic at all it's safe to say that isn't a requirement

yeah but what is? I'm not necessarily trying to get in but I'm curious if there is a requirement that would serve as a good external motivator

>what's the requiremen
To touch my heart UwU

You don't have to wait, you can ask anyone for an invite in there. If you wanna just hang back then go in when you got something then maybe that's the smarter choice. If you just wait for an invite to come your way, you'll probably be waiting for a while.

Q: I've wanted to see more comics that dabble with responsive panels, most of them are very simple.
Alt Q: I eventually want to illustrate an entire comic traditionally with pen and ink.

New Cosmic Dash page by the way.

Attached: 4-1_013.png (800x1237, 761K)

yeah as I said, I don't really am looking to get in

that'll have to wait a while then

Woodies 094: The Impostors Part 3
tapas.io/episode/1351926

I'm getting a new fountain pen in the mail and I'm excited to try it out. I already have cheap one but there isn't much variation in line thickness.

Attached: Woodies 094_full.png (1000x3915, 883K)

Here's what I've been able to do so far with the cheap pen

Attached: IMG_20190315_072424.jpg (3036x4048, 3.15M)

No update this week. Been sketching and planning the second chapter. It's probably going up next week.

I got some redesigns instead.

I tried to make the gun more realistic and the cop armor a bit less weird looking.

Attached: redesign.png (1479x1080, 27K)

link to your comic?

>spit
gotta agree with the 'that's kinda hot' remark

My latest work in progress for my comic, tried to apply perspective for the first time. Also my scanner which was supposedly good died on me so... Yeah.

tapas.io/episode/1272284

>What new things (tools/techniques/theory/medium/etc) are you going to try next?
Next page will be a pretty simple one, for the next next Ill try perspective again.

Btw that OP pic looks great.

Attached: ft5t5.jpg (890x1259, 414K)

Looks amazing!

Those are pretty merciful rules. I guess they don't want anyone getting eviscerated. and 'first blood' is a good indicator of who's mastered what

I finally uploaded the comic to tapas. I'd shill here but i've only uploaded 2 pages, i've got 20 pages finished so I think that gives me a good safety net. How many pages do you guys have backed up, or do you just upload them as you get them done?

Attached: wechsel0.png (1988x3056, 3.61M)

good stuff. weirdo*
hmm, in nihongo the same word for heart is boobies...

very cool blade rifle, and nice improvements, but the reduced area for the trigger seems wrong unless these guys have tiny tiny hands

nice job on the alamo there, now next time you have a wagon to draw, try drawing guide lines between the wheels that also follow the perspective. That'll help keep them even.

Oh piss you're right. I'm normally more careful with spell checking. The dangers of writing the dialogue by hand...

I mean let's admit it, objectively, it should be spelled wierd.

if this was German. But in actuality, it should be spelled weerd

Does anyone have a collection of the new thread logos?

i mean it is german, isn't it? comes from some old-ass word relating to crazy elf magic shit

i'm going to fuck those animals

Doll Fever is down. I hope that guy's okay.

[Autistic Screeching]

Attached: file.png (761x778, 1.04M)

Have you tried the archives?
>desuarchive.org/co/search/subject/How's your webcomic/

UMMM it's called Intimidating Shout
these are amazing blacks

how'd you get a publishing deal senpai?

They had an open call for submissions at the time. And they really loved our pitch.

ahh nice, nice. good for you.

how do you find those

if you mean wyrd, that's Germanic but when they divirged those spelling rules hadn't been established

My friend told me about it. They saw it on twitter.
There's also list like this that you can find online jasonthibault.com/definitive-list-comic-publisher-submission-guidelines/

for that matter, for all we know it was pronounced differently back then

awesome.
Then I remembered I'm not at that level yet, but still awesome to know there are just good lists around like that.

Once you get work out there you'll never run out of opportunities. But not all of them will be worth your time or even within your ability to handle.

sorry, forgot the links
Tapas: tapas.io/series/PREDATHEOSIS
Tumblr: predatheosis.tumblr.com/
Webtoons: webtoons.com/en/challenge/predatheosis/list?title_no=227480
DeviantART: federicoveyretou.deviantart.com/gallery/66121133/PREDATHEOSIS-Chapter-1-HELM8
Newgrounds: newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1434168/1

thanks!
yeah you're right about the trigger thing. I'll get that fixed

>Once you get work out there you'll never run out of opportunities.
I wish this was true

>But not all of them will be worth your time or even within your ability to handle.
as far as i'm concerned, those truths are reason enough to never try. I could not handle making those decisions. I just need assignments. that's what the school system prepared me for.

very insightful thank you!

Someone in here told me to draw my character in a bunch of different poses to practice. I did so, but I don't think I'm any better. Is there anything I should work on in particular?

Attached: Sketches 2.png (1090x2480, 854K)

yeesh, at least try to make the face good; like the face is melting. try ripping off other artists for learning.

we also told you to check out construction techniques and try building things out of shapes. need more help with that?
this is actually already looking better than what you had before, so feel good about that

Where can I learn construction techniques?

You mentioned earlier that you're using an iPad to draw, and frankly, that is doing you exactly zero favors here.

Your problems are a wide range, including not knowing proper anatomy, not really properly knowing how to even shape the head, and the scratchy linework aren't helping at all.

I would suggest just getting a pencil and eraser and trying to do the typical head shots/rotations like pic related. Getting the shape of the head and lining up the features such as the eyes, nose, mouth, etc. a paramount. Also, drop drawing the body if all you're trying to concentrate on is getting the head proportions and feature placements right.

You don't need to draw the entire body every single time when just trying to focus on one thing.

Attached: head.jpg (800x324, 46K)

youtube.com/watch?v=4KfmA6cEpU0 this one might help!

A lot of these replies are giving really tutorials for you here. But another thing to think about when you are building your character is that the first line you put down shouldn't be your last. I like to think about drawing like putting a camera into focus.

you really should focus on gesture drawing if you want to do poses

There it goes. My latest page with my first attempt at two point perspective, now in color. Ill probably upload it just to not have an entire week without updates.

Attached: 40b.png (890x1259, 828K)

New to drawing. Here's a picture I'm working on. gonna touch up a few parts

>The area where the short guy's hand is supposed to be covering the camera
>The tall guy's arm
>more exagerated expressions on the two guys in front

What else e should I work on besides genereal lack of skill

Attached: blocking.color.jpg (700x700, 66K)

A hundred years ago in world, you may have been right. but this isn't the old days. The world has changed, and Dazirak is going to find that out in a page or two. A psionic rage is definitely potent, but it's just not enough anymore.

Thanks

face-edge shapes. that goes for a lot of our recent newcomers.

Can you explain a little bit what you mean?

the edge of the face is probably not a straight line or a gently curved line
it should change at least a little, even in a cartoon style. Hell, seth mcfarlane can't draw his way out of a wet origami box, but he still tries, resulting in that bizarre tumor on the far edge of Stan Smith's face

I bought clipstudio on my ipad, but I can't figure out how to do anything with it, and the site's help pages seem to assume PC? I can draw stuff on a blank pic, but I thought this would be more like photoshop, where you have boxes of line widths, colors, layers, etc, to play with. All I have is the top bar. How do I use this properly?

Yeah, It was the idea but, well. It was just the idea.

Thank you!

Attached: f55f.png (4257x2108, 236K)

>All I have is the top bar
that's not right. Clipstudio's menus can be really opaque but, are you sure you're in clipstudio -paint- ? that's like a sub-program within the clipstudio suite, which I never open anymore since I saved a shortcut to paint.

If you can get a screenshot that might be helpful.
I don't have the Ipad version, but I do have the PC version and it sounds like maybe your palette windows are minimized or not showing up.
Just so you know, the pc and ipad versions use the same tutorials because it's supposed to be a direct port with minimal changes. The info should be 1:1

>What new things (tools/techniques/theory/medium/etc) are you going to try next?

maybe get into painting eventually. for backgrounds largely.

Attached: travis younger.png (1435x1403, 511K)

Exactly! Can't go tearing each other apart, haha. They need to save that for the Oni!

I'm sure everyone has a different amount of pages backed up. I would suggest always having enough so that you don't end need to make new pages as you update. I made that mistake and it's rough. 20 sounds good, though. See if you can continue to make more pages as you upload through what you have.

This is great! Gives a good sense of where they are. I especially like that shot of them walking along the bridge. Keep it up, you're work keeps on improving!

I’m starting to redraw the first two issues of my comic before moving onto the sixth one, and I decided to come here and see if anyone was interested. It’s kind of inspired by One Piece and Hunter x Hunter but with more modern tv drama involved between the characters.

Twitter- @Logans_art
Tapas-
tapas.io/series/Luck-Labs/
Webtoon-m.webtoons.com/en/challenge/luck-labs/list?title_no=242335
Loganstephens.com

Attached: 9D50F137-DD79-453C-BA3C-3A3ED6854CD5.png (1536x2048, 1.92M)

person who drew the pic, does this look on the nose? like in a super anime way? i don't wanna be dismissed as a "weeb" comic

im getting more disney copy than weeb style feels out of it

What do you think 'on the nose' means?
This doesn't look anime at all, it could use a heaping healthy dose of anime to round it out, to me.
it looks more like someone who tried reforming their Hotel Transylvania fanart by working a little capecomic style in it.

Only three more major characters left until I'm done with these full body shots for now.

Afterwards I'll have work on the one thing I'm dreading the most: actually coming up with a plot for these guys. I got some vague ideas of what I want to do, like have random, lightly connected standalone stories and finish off with a major, on-going plot. I'll just have to figure that out later. Meanwhile, enjoy my brazen display of how shit I am at hands.

Attached: IMAG0329_1-979x1305.jpg (979x1305, 237K)

I'd say to avoid twinning in your poses, but they still look good.

I just realized the photo cut off their names, nice.
>left to right: Nitrogen, Carbon, Oxygen

Thanks, I'll try better posing next time.

I don't do fanart but now that i think about, with a change in clothes he wouldn't be out of place....

It looks more like a satAM superhero cartoon than anime.

super qual
what's that mean?

Time for me to draw fanart of HYW comics I read. Expect absolutely nothing of worth.

oh I think you've identified the style perfectly
he wouldn't be the least bit out of place in Mighty max, if not for the fact that they established a different kind of vampire

Is it bad that I fantasize about people drawing fanart of my comic? It's the one thing I always look forward to as a content creator, having other people draw my characters for free so I won't have to [that often]. Bonus points if they're better artists.

Fanart of things not my comic are typically worthless to me.

It's literally my main motivation in creating fiction, and several others have said the same
I love all the fanart I get, but my #1 goal is having people discussing my shit in threads or forums and creating OCs and shit.

I unironically want to see what retarded arguments people here and on tumblr are going to have if my comic gets to that point.

Tell me the name of your comic and Ill tell you the chances of you getting my shitty fanart.

oh yeah that too. I put a lot of stuff in my comic for people to wonder about, and even some real-timey stuff that would only make sense if they were all up to date on the comic at the same time (like I'd have to have a fandom back then, those things are wasted now)
then again reading Digger long after it was over, I know good writing can still be good even if you don't have anyone to discuss it with

ey, op who posted it, yea now i can see that...then again i sue to watch a lot of 90s cartoons and anime when i was kid.

forgot pic

People always say that you've "made it" when you start getting fan art or even porn of you characters from people, but that's kind of surface level shit.

It'd be much more interesting once your fanbase gets to the point of actually discussing what they think the plot and writing are leading to, and having them speculate and argue about things they think are going to happen.

Or once you start actually getting retarded fanfics written about your story.

That would indicate that you have actually made it.

dang it! (i'm a noob with this system of posting)

Attached: travis younger.png (1435x1403, 477K)

i like being a bit more niche. the idea of people drawing r34 of my characters feels super weird. like i don't mind but...some of my characters are kids.

Staggering improvement since your beginning. I’m amped.

Attached: file.png (733x747, 912K)

Link to your comic?

Can aspiring web comic creators get invites to the discord too? Please respond

i want to draw fanart for a /hyw/ comic
but the guy hasn't updated in months
nor do i think he even browses the thread anymore
also the style was so simple i dont think i can actually draw something different besides straight copying the art

Attached: 1523170104285.jpg (640x632, 212K)

Silly robit, close your eyes

Attached: file.png (469x445, 83K)

It ain't me, is it?

Attached: file.png (593x313, 273K)

Sure. Just post your handle

why would it be you, your style is way too complex

Looks fairly simplistic to me, but I get you.

You know, there's a whole spectrum of 34. it doesn't all have to be hardcore gangbangs. I never enjoy any 34 fanart when it seems out of character to the source material.

simple art is a double-edged sword for 34. Sometimes it feels freeing, like you can change things considerably, and even a very different style will still look right
On the other hand, if nobody in the comic is drawn with noses, and half of them are some type of alien creature, you might not know what to give them if you translate it into another style. Or a vague shape on the head could be hard to tell if it's hair or a hat...

face-touching is so cute.
your style is deceptively simple. it has a lot of angles that need to be done exactly right or the effect is lost.

Do you think I can woo Nyamo by commissioning her?

I tried that once. Turned out she had a bf.
Considering how badly I embarrassed myself and how she handled that, he is a lucky man.

>she had a bf
Fucking RUINED. Done with this roastie. I feel like one of those otaku fans after their idol is exposed having a relationship with her producer.

Attached: 1524741245093.png (396x385, 124K)

goin overseas in a few days, so imma release one page of my comic's buffer

with some added fanservice at the end for my readers overseas in nigeria

consistent updates start in april

Attached: Neon Star EP2PG12.png (2091x2706, 1.74M)

tapas.io/series/The-Concord-Initiative

I hope it's to your liking. ~6 months of progress. ~60 pages total.

This first page pains me, now, but I'll fix it up, one day!

Attached: CI_Pro_Pg1.png (940x1216, 1M)

I meant I tried that with a similarly amazing and charming artist, not with Nyams.

fanservice you say?
Oh wow, be safe.

Twinning? It's when one half of the body is entirely symmetrical to other half. In SOME cases it's a good thing, but most of the time it's evil. Look at the middle guys feet and arms. The arms are okay, but the feet mess up the pose and look off for some reason and the guy on the right's arm/hands are barely visible for some reason (I don't know if he's supposed to be one handed)

>animatorisland.com/defining-the-art-twinning/?v=7516fd43adaa
>animatorisland.com/twinning-102-change-it-up/?v=7516fd43adaa

(yawns)

Attached: hywchair.jpg (560x594, 97K)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IM A FUCKING RETARD DRAWING IS HARD REEEEEEEEEEEE

mm, looks good to me. the artist has completely redrawn the limbs in slightly different poses.

I hope as your art improves, your tastes and sensibilities never change.

Here's a page I redrew today.

Attached: IMG_9806.png (1655x2167, 1.69M)

Has a strange Dilbert kinda flair to it despite actually looking good.

I've never had a Dilbert comparison before but thank you very much for the compliment.

Here's what it used to look like.

Attached: IMG_9807.jpg (750x980, 248K)

Sure, but you're just using it to delay work

I like that you kept what worked.

What brush do you use

Anyone else want to scream and cry because of how dogshit they are?

>John Cleese on Creativity

We actually went over the video today during class. Its a really great dearth of advice.

I've always been curious about these threads. Do any of the webcomics here get discussion about them outside of this general? How successful/unsuccessful are your webcomics? I have been wanting to do a webcomic over the past yea but haven't had a chance to delve into these threads.

What did you talk about on the video

I can really see what he means especially in the second to last panel. that comedic T-pose when surprised is very Dilbert

I actually really like that page. it's got a better flow and a more effortless manner of conveying feeling than much of your more polished stuff.

FaustFall update! The battle reaches a fiery climax!

tapas.io/episode/1355515
webtoons.com/en/challenge/faustfall/book-3-brother-pages-16-17/viewer?title_no=203841&episode_no=38
faustfall.smackjeeves.com/

Attached: 64.png (1100x1800, 2.96M)

Attached: 65.png (1100x1800, 3.25M)

Bump

>noone comissioned me for past year.

Thank you!

I believe you already know I am a big fan, so I decided to start my fanart quest with your comic. Imitating your style was fun since its so vastly different than my anime-esque one.

Attached: queenconcordinitiative.png (1463x2013, 1.14M)

Yeah, I would have reworked the whole thing but that would turn one issue into three, and I really just want to print it, so I'm just reworking things that bothered me.

Holy Christ... I am blown away, man, I don't have words.

Oof, I'll have to reflect on that. I certainly want to recapture that.

Im very glad you like it, really, I put my love for the series behind it. Keep up the good work!

how do you know if your colours are too saturated?

So I decided that while I'm working to get any good at art I'm just gonna also draw a comic so I also get a feel for paneling and such. I'm not planning ahead, I'm trying to keep away from expecting anything from it, but I'll post it here to keep myself honest.

Attached: page 1 the Land of Want.png (2550x3300, 1.6M)

I'd be happy to see you in our Discord.

also, obviously this is a WIP and I'd love criticism, the more specific the better

Awesome, I'll look into it when I get more time.

What's it about?

In clip studio, how do you set your pencil to just draw a consistent thickness regardless of how hard you press?

Attached: Apu.jpg (950x534, 72K)

as I said, there's not much of a plan behind it, I'm doing it mainly for art practice. The idea right now is just exploring a vague idea for a setting.

Oh, I thought it would be in the OP. Do I need to give you my discord name?

Click on the tool options, click the wrench looking tool and then turn off pressure settings.

Yes, please.

Logan#3852

The cruel reality of being behind... I ended up rushing this page, and it shows, but I think I'm going to take my lumps and keep moving.

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg52.png (940x1216, 1.41M)

Thanks

>Its a really great dearth of advice.
What do you think dearth means?

soon as I can scrape some money together.

Do give pressure sensitivity a shot sometime. It can do amazing things.
I'm loving how this crazy glow man has looked, I think the only improvement to be made is to make the center of the glowy areas brighter, though that might take away from his more intensely glowing eyes and mouth so I can see you not wanting to do that. It's just kind of flat on the tentacles right now.

>GWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! PREPARE, YOU PESKY HUMANS, MEET YOUR NEW KING ON PAGE 11 NOW!
>ghadar.smackjeeves.com/comics/2763765/page-11/

Attached: Panel8.png (513x534, 148K)

New episode of Eerily lovely. Testing the eerie part now.

tapas.io/episode/1355877

webtoons.com/en/challenge/eerily-lovely/spook-spell-part-1/viewer?title_no=255060&episode_no=10

Too tired, so i guess I'm checking the thread later, bros. Bedtime

Attached: prettyplease.jpg (709x823, 262K)

finally gonna try to learn how to make comics, it's hard when you can't draw though

Attached: bad.png (940x1200, 230K)

If you keep up with it and draw for at least like an hour a day, you will get better.

Hi, I'm finished the challenge finally. I thought it will be easier but 20 chars is a lot after all. I had fun with a naming site at least.

Attached: princesu.png (896x3116, 2.38M)

Line work and hatching is from using the 'Real G-pen' on CSP. The background effect is this special Japanese brush imported from Nippon-land.

Attached: file.png (1107x656, 331K)

>I'm finished
I guess that's just how it is... I'm tired...

>assets.clip-studio.com/ja-jp/detail?id=1405766

You're Finnish? I thought you were Polish!

I'm gonna make my own webcomic, what's the best paper to practice on for making a shit-ton of sketches but the paper quality isn't shit? Thanks in advance

Attached: 1521398626088.jpg (470x640, 153K)

just go digital

I guess I'm gonna eat my oatmeal with beets and butter now, huh

This comic might confuse me a lot, but it's the kind where I enjoy being confused. Like a cat.

Wow, really unique. Each one stands out. Did you think about personalities and stories for them?

If it's just practice, use printer paper
but also this
>when you make a perfect dead-on reference but nobody gets it because we have no idea what Finnish people are like, aside from the Huuudraulic Press Channel

Just finished page 7 of the redraw. I'm keeping my pace of one page every two days really well so far.

Attached: IMG_9815.png (1655x2167, 1.8M)

Actually, I just tried to do this and couldn't. Where is pressure settings? I found a wrench under tool properties for pencil, but clicking the wrench icon does nothing, and nothing talks about pressure settings.

Attached: dis.jpg (647x700, 190K)

oh wait, that's marker, not pencil
but i just doublechecked and pencil has identical settings.

Thanks, can't believe I missed that.

you can get reams of cardstock at 220gsm for fairly cheap.

Look over the 2nd word bubble

Also, the first one.

Is there a way for me to buy the size and type of paper they use to print modern comics? Otherwise I'll have to cut each issue down after printing and that's a huge waste of paper.
(Or just keep it at 8.5x11 I guess.)

It takes me ages to figure out anything in clipstudio. it's even more difficult than photoshop which itself took ages to get used to.

I would probably try to look at office supply, hobby, etc shops, or online.

what? so he said he said was a girl scout.. he said probably was!

>Or just keep it at 8.5x11 I guess
don't know why anyone would go smaller, that's like a bare minimum to read comfortably
sefra prints oni x fox at a massive size and it was nice reading on the toilet

Yeah, but I haven't written it down.

I'm liking this. It's not particularly advanced in terms of draftsmanship but it's incredibly consistent and competent and most of all confident. I feel like the rest of the comic is done and published and you're just showing excerpts to us.

Yeah, its also so damn cute all the time.

I tried looking up "comic paper" online and I was only able to find drawing paper and not printing paper. I looked up the approximate size and it was really obscure and expensive. Maybe I'll keep looking.
Most comics are like 7.5x10.5 (just an estimate.) But if people don't mind 8.5x11 I'm okay with keeping it.

What can I do in clip studio to get a perfect simple line of pixels? I'm talking something like the pencil tool in MS Paint, where there's no AA at all.

see here ? anti-aliasing setting is a series of circles. the hard black circle on the far left is "no anti-aliasing" and each circle after that is more and more anti-aliasing.

I tried looking up "comic paper" online and I was only able to find drawing paper and not printing paper. I looked up the approximate size and it was really obscure and expensive. Maybe I'll keep looking.
Most comics are like 7.5x10.5 (just an estimate.) But if people don't mind 8.5x11 I'm okay with keeping it.

How are you going to print it? By yourself on a standard home printer? If so, there's a long tradition of people making zines and small press comics by themselves on photocopiers and home printers with standard sized paper. Note that home printers often leave a blank margin of a few millimetres around the edge. If you want artwork to Bleed off the edge, you'll need to trim the paper, otherwise take the margin into account.

If you're sending it to a printing company, they'll be trimming it to size anyway. There are plenty of commercial printers that specialise in printing comics nowadays.

Thank you very much. The first five issues are done and the panelling gets a lot better as it goes. I'm just remaking the first two before I move on to 6.

Attached: IMG_9818.png (750x982, 206K)

another one I got done very late

Attached: Elves on Ice 16.png (1800x1100, 493K)

I'm doing it all myself with a giant printer I bought. I didn't realize there was no way to print without those tiny margins, so that's kind of a shame, but I also bought a trimmer so I can work with that.

Cute! Nice colors as well!

This is good stuff. I saw you post those 3 main characters before, I really like your art style.

>comic paper
its called bristol. strathmore and canson make pads of it.
its too damn expensive to just draw crap on for me.
Look for a paper thats at least 220gsm. Cardstock works, but has a visible grainline on heavy pencil if thats an issue.
My favourite is a premium digital paper (no idea what that means its just what they call it. but its available in reams of 150 sheets for the same price of 20 sheets of bristol.) Bright white, 250gsm, and very smooth for inks.

thank you both!

I'm talking about the paper they print comics on, not for drawing, but thank you.

I personally like numbuh 2 the best

Do a test print with an image that runs right up to the edge, just to check if it leaves a margin or not (a blank image the size of the paper you're printing on with a 1/2 inch coloured border will do).

If you're taking the step to printing you'll want to read up on Bleeds, Trims, Margins and Safe/Live Areas if you haven't already.

Attached: Simpsons_FindThatOut.gif (480x360, 1.75M)

I did, it leaves a margin, unfortunately. As far as I can tell there's no way to print across the whole page. Even when I set it to 0 margins, it leaves a small gap.

Thanks

Finished this page! and that's the end of the chapter!

Attached: page 31.png (2250x3300, 1.67M)

>If you're taking the step to printing you'll want to read up on Bleeds, Trims, Margins and Safe/Live Areas if you haven't already.

If he's printing them and/or trimming them on his own, he doesn't even really need to worry about that stuff. That's just for how much you need to worry about if you send it off to be printed for you, because everything gets printed at an industry standard size, and you can lose some of the imagery in the binding and stuff.

I can't imagine that if you're printing things off of a home printer, so you're likely not going to be doing any fancy binding other than stapling, and he's obviously controlling the margins and edges and stuff on his own.

Do any of your comic pages actually have artwork that Bleeds off the edge? If none of them do, then you can save yourself a ton of hassle.

It helps to be aware of those things and take them into account. Bleeds and Trims in particular, as paper can shift around during printing.

Kei is a girl.

No, I make sure to avoid the image going outside of a certain space, thankfully.

Hehehe.

I need a lot of clipstudio help so I had better be ready to give it out when needed, what little I actually do know.

one day i will acquire the fabled rich writer gf that turned me into a househusband-artist so she can have a steady supply of her own homebrew comics
page 9 bump, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: nonononononoooooooo.jpg (847x1200, 114K)

Interesting in getting in on one of these invite-only Discords. I promise I'll only post quality content and won't mock anyone's vag-yarn sweaters.

The Hatchet Man#5502

I believe it was mittens
of course the most logical garment to spin from one's own downstairs thatch would be earmuffs

There's no evidence of that!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 7.41.10 PM.png (245x184, 57K)

First sketches of the next two pages.

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg53.png (940x1216, 512K)

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg54.png (940x1216, 559K)

I like checking out random webcomics like this one.
mangadex.org/title/34922/my-life-is-yonkoma/chapters/
They're good for data and let you learn from other artists.
>100-1000 views per page on average
>3 tapas subs after 2 months

>What did you talk about on the video

Mostly how it takes time to be creative and that playing with a good idea will most likely make a great one.

Forgive me for being a brainlet.

This isn't a clip studio question, it's an ipad question. I made some illustrations in clip studio and saved them, but they don't appear anywhere when I click browse using any other program, including safari. I can only find them using clip studio. Where are they being stored?

I only know windows, but I have to imagine something's similar when you go to 'save as' and it displays where you're saving it to
if you go to 'open recent' it should display the location too

Recent gives me nothing, and I don't get options for folders with save as. It's very weird.

yeah not sure how to help you, I don't know ios. Is there some equivalent to 'my pictures' or is there maybe just a 'photos' or 'files' "app" ?

maybe you accidentally saved them to the cloud or something.
actually iirc this might be the only way you can save them, ios doesnt have a file browser.

If none of the solutions people are giving you work, go to clips website and go to ASK. It's a section of the website where users can ask and receive help from other users. It's good for general tech help as long as you word it clearly.

>ios doesnt have a file browser.
brilliant. nice job, jobs.

I haven’t used it yet, but my iPad literally has a “files” app.

I can’t imagine it’s for anything other than storing and accessing....files.

I'm not sure which of these is stupider, I just know I hate everyone who owns one and I almost wish electricity had never been invented

or just that people had better taste in tech, or in tech advisors.

neither does stock android though. samsung and friends add it in in their builds.
hmm. looks limited according to this. support.apple.com/en-au/HT206481 like it will only view files made per app.

Seething over nothing at all. Nice.

technology made in a sensible, engaging, customizable, user-friendly way changed my life profoundly. seeing this is like seeing textbooks replaced by post-it notes.

Hey there, this will be the first page of a passion project I've been working on for the longest time. Spent a few months trying to create a short film, gave up on that, it's far too much for me to do by my lonesome, thought I'd try it as a comic. Is the art any good? The layout? I know it's basic, but is the progression any good? I haven't lettered it yet, or added sound effects, obviously, wanted to know if it's even a little eye catching before I do that. Thank you

Attached: Pg1_Art_Final_Test.jpg (900x2329, 2.17M)

All I said is that there’s a file folder on the desktop, because that’s pretty much what that “app” looks like and you call for a technological apocalypse and the death of people who use it.

Fuck off. And I don’t even prefer or use any apple stuff other than that iPad, so it isn’t some kind of brand loyalty thing.

Amazing. It looks like it took ages to make, but it represents a tiny amount of time both in-universe and to the reader, so keep things like that in mind as you try to adapt your story to a different format.

What's your passion project about?

sometimes I wonder about the comics made by people this incapable of understanding a joke

Thank you so much. Page took a week long days but I had put in months beforehand and made a ton of assets, like the graffiti and signs over the buildings, the buildings are from Adobe stock though.

It's called Black Majic, it's about a woman that goes after a drug lord when a drive by gets her boyfriend and a bunch of children in a gym killed. Takes place after a war that ends our world, has elves, orcs and trolls, called Nixie, Orqindi and Eotens

Nice wordplay, you have to say eoten out loud to get that one
The world doesn't look super ended, I guess it's been rebuilt?

Yes, few hundred years ago, long enough to have the look it does, not long enough for racial tensions to have evened out.

cool, there aren't enough postapocalypse stories that have a newly-rebuilt society. it's usually either way before that or way after.

Thank you, so it looks like I'm on the right track then, going to letter and start page 2 tomorrow.

Should say, I know it's only a quick moment in time, someone mentioned that, appreciate the advice all the same

rate
I'm learnding

Attached: do_black_lives_matter[1].png (2008x3071, 426K)

i dont get it

quoting ralph wiggum is quite appropriate for this level of competence.

:D
Okay, how about this one?

Attached: neither am i.png (1920x1080, 1011K)

Attached: IMG_6114.jpg (1024x531, 58K)

w-what?

Life's confusing. I'm just another mirror for this madness.

Thanks, anons. Always a pleasure to know what the readers think.

One must train with death metal covers to grasp this awesomeness.

Where can i follow your work, mate?

Looking good so far!

Attached: proapplekiller.jpg (709x716, 119K)

just a dude trying to broaden the usage of a term as much as possible I think.

>Where can i follow your work, mate?
I mainly post my stuff on twitter and DeviantArt
www.twitter.com/lemynlyme
www.deviantart.com/serperiorruler101

Keep going, you'll make it.

Remember to like and subscribe to webcomics you like, and reblog them when they announce their updates.

>Keep going, you'll make it.
I doubt it

im losing readers according to my stats. I used to get 38 looking on an update day, im down to 28.

made me giggle for some retarded reason

how does everyone right their story/ideas/etc down? i just have a word document and a few CSP files with a bunch of ideas, designs, story points, blah blah blah and it's all a giant fucking mess

Attached: 8.jpg (1404x1630, 633K)

its just one huge pile of reference photos and word documents with tons of random short stories compiled together.

my comic writes itself
i simply just sit down and draw the next page

the other comic has a little mspaint page with scenes written out

Don't worry, it's a mess with all my ideas, too. I've also got a combo of word documents and drawings for tons of stories. What does help is arranging them in separate folders for each story.

Which website? Any changes to the site's advertising system? Miss any updates?

new page came out yesterday, and i drew this!

Attached: Impish back to back.png (1800x1500, 1.59M)

On one hand, I think its a girl due to her attitude and that the Oni clan has one fewer girl than the Fox clan, on the other, there was already a "oni guy is actually a cute girl" reveal so... Well, it will probably remain ambiguous forever, im cool with that too.

Attached: what did I read.png (365x350, 120K)

they cute

>hiding arms and feet

>tfw was pondering about taking a future project of mine in a different step

I had a kaiju project on the backburner I was going to do later on. But I'm thinking of taking three characters from it (Big Mama, Junior and a third unnamed one) and doing a short 50 or 65 page webcomic with them. It'll be non-canon to the later project but in the same universe.

This new one is supposed to be about a kaiju named Big Mama, she used to be a huge threat to humanity but then she decided to 'retire' for a bit in order to raise a family with another kaiju. She did plan to return to her terrorizing lifestyle but after the untimely death of her mate she became a mother full time on monster island.

Cutting to the chase of the story. Planning to have it where her and her two late-teens children do a 'family road trip' to get back their Father's skull. Humans had uncovered it somewhere in the ocean, Big Mama wants it back but also uses this as a way to bond with her kids (who she's got a strained relationship with).

I also wanna do this because my artist friend wants to test out the act of animating panels.

I'll show some artwork from the artist for the later project and then who I'm going with for this one.

Attached: Big Mama - Old.jpg (2552x3508, 1.91M)

Rob Liefeld can post ITT if he wants to.

Attached: Junior (2).jpg (2552x3142, 3.12M)

better

I've yet to name the Daughter even though I've been making her have the most development in my outlines

Attached: Daughter of Big Mama.jpg (2546x3219, 3.94M)

oof

Attached: page 1 the Land of Want.png (2550x3300, 1.48M)

And now this h ere is gonna be the artstyle I'll be going with for the comic. We did have a small debate on if we wanted the eyes to have pupils or just irises. We felt it would help sell expressions better on them.

Attached: Unnamed Daughter.png (497x733, 228K)

good ol kaiju.
man is it weird to anyone else that toho's so litigious that subway had to change their generic sparkly green lizard costume in their commercial, yet hero academia is allowed to have a guy called godzillo whose power is codenamed 'toho' i mean what the heck

so you're simplifying things down a bit? can't really blame you

Yeah it's a different artist. Things are getting simplified down in this one because the story isn't as serious and to better help sell expressions. It's mostly gonna be alot of family drama between Big Mama, Junior and the Daughter. Big Mama wants to try and be a better mother but when you spend half your life doing nothing but destroying then things like 'affection' are kind of hard to do. Junior is trying to keep the family together. The Daughter is in a massive rebellious phase brought on by the fact she's in the shadow of her brother (who has lived up to Big Mama's legacy), her mother is seen as a celebrity on Monster Island and she only inherited bits n pieces from her parents of what made them strong. Junior lucked out by getting dad's naturally strong armor and size while all she got was some of the armor on her chest and shoulders, Mama's hair and her bad attitude.

Here's the new Monster Lands page: monster-lands.com/

Attached: monsterlands.171.png (792x1224, 1.16M)

I did a side by side comparison of my official art of Kage from Oni x Fox, versus a new drawing I just finished today. It's cool to see the difference. I think I've improved!

Those are really good reasons for both possibilities.... I can't say either way now, but we'll see what happens! Love your choice of reaction image by the way hahaha

Attached: Kage17-19_OxF.jpg (3300x2377, 1.9M)

I emerged from a two day nap with a powerful grudge against myself for not doing more Laserwing! So here is the latest WIP.

Attached: ch5pg26uncolors.png (1000x1294, 917K)

Cassia better share her cookies with the rest of the girls!

been depressed about my webcomic lads. might as well go all out

Attached: yay 19.png (940x1880, 1.2M)

cute

Great colors, love the mellow sky gradients. Where do you post this online?

impruuvement is always nice to notice isnt it

Not really surprised the creator of this comic experiences depression. I'm just glad you haven't given up

It definitely is! :)

YET ANOTHER page for my comic.
tapas.io/episode/1272284

Would you live with a reformed Oni girl? You can guess this guy´s answer.

Attached: 41.png (893x1317, 758K)

on an unrelated note, if the kind soul that offered to proofread is around, please help. I was really insecure with this one.

I gotta clean the bubbles anyways.

For the next page ill practice single-point perspective.

if vampires have taught me anything, it's possible to resist a hunger and be a fine and marketable person

I read it, no mistakes!
however, blueberries are only native to america. maybe she should be looking for plums or persimmons?

His expression in the third panel is so funny to me. He's just totally done with all this, haha. On another note, I've been wondering what his name is, too.

Thank you so much!

Well, they arent really in japan, they are in Non-Descript-Asian-Themed-Fantasy-Land. So it doesnt really matter. There were a few villagers dressed as german people on the first chapters. Even if oni are so totally from japan.

Oh god is this cultural appropiation.

Attached: EEEE.png (706x1200, 257K)

Thank you!, I had to redraw it but im glad that you described what I wanted to express perfectly. His actual name wont be revealed for a good while. Not because its plot relevant but because of symbolism + I like the kind of unnamed baddasses that get called by their nickname like "priest" or "demon hunter".

Those are american blueberries, regular ones grow on tiny shrubs and are rarely cultivated, mainly gathered from wild plants.

comicfury. havent missed anything.

That explains why I like it

bomop

comes out of nowhere
been a while

thinking of going somewhere with this, was just gonna be a page but now i wanna explore some wacky ass ideas

Attached: breedpt1.png (600x1800, 209K)

I'm looking for any inspiration I can find.
Any comics that have a comfy-looking artstyle that you like?

define comfy

Camp Weedonwantcha is pretty good. Comfy as fuck but not overly bland and non-threatening.

I have a pretty small library of comics I actually read, but these are the comfy ones:

tapas.io/series/Sideways
Transdimensional child and subtley traumatized Indian girl get lost across the universe. Artist is very interested in "speculative evolution and cryptology."

LIM
tapas.io/series/LIM
Very simple, understated, and genuinely amusing strip about a baby demon and a pedantic dove going on a journey of an increasingly bizarre nature.

Phantom Reign
tapas.io/series/PhantomReign
Comfy in the way that STALKER is comfy--man of mysterious origin washes ashore on a rain soaked, fog wreathed island. The author takes ideas from the audience, so it's a choose your own adventure, except the creator decides how it resolves.

Flesh Kernel
tapas.io/series/Flesh-Kernel
If you haven't read this, you're missing out. It's a HYW original by one of the resident creators--two bit alien thug and his two world wise companions evade the law and more unsavory forces in a surreal, restrained, and oddly abstract interplanetary drama.

They're all comfy in art style and in their generally emotionally accessible stories and atmospheres, but I think I'd recommend LIM most for your general comfy purposes.

Beyond the Canopy and Rutabaga Adventure Chef are sweetly simple
that Eerily Lovely comic posted above is the kind of charming I want to dissect and figure out how it works

Sleepy Monday bump

its time to let it die

ok

Line art done for the next page--more or less. It went smoothly tonight. Felt pretty good about it. I'll need to do some serious firearm studies between now and the next chapter.

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg53.png (940x1216, 583K)

internets are starting to ban Yea Forums and worried ill lose the one place thats decent for talking about webcomics.
invite to discord pls? killersteak#3960

>internets are starting to ban Yea Forums
what

apparently aus and nz are starting it up
not a huge surprise given their past interactions with the internet

Any advice for coming up with a team?

How do I come up with a simple but memorable team of characters?

Drawing some character heads, I meant to do more but ah well.

I'm not dead I swear, just been psuedobusy. I hope to be able to update Twofold with something big by the end of the month, Loathe Me is up in the air though. I've been working on more reference material than material material.

Attached: heads.png (941x189, 15K)

>not knowing how to use a vpn

>decent for talking about webcomics
WRONG

this place is awful

i didnt say i dont know how to get around it.im here arent i? but what if this was just the start of a snowball effect? where would i go for webcomic and art chat then?
its pretty bad yeah. everyone should be ashame.

Today on Mad Magic

Attached: 027.jpg (1200x1673, 1.44M)

Bigass big ass panels are always necessary.

Have relatable characters, don't overdo it with marysue characters. Make sure they have flaws that make life difficult but not impossible.
Give them each unique designs and goals.

Still looking for a solution to this. It makes me unable to access my drawings in any way other than clip studio.

Attached: Ayla2.png (299x168, 118K)

>soon my ai gf will draw my comics for me

Attached: humans need not apply.webm (1920x1080, 805K)

>*comic backgrounds

New Oni x Fox update today! :)

Tapas: tapas.io/episode/1357483
Webtoons: webtoons.com/en/challenge/oni-x-fox/sidestory-9-weapons-day-5-6/viewer?title_no=36239&episode_no=183

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 10.51.04 AM.png (413x280, 87K)

Hot dam, I'm loving these monster designs dude.

Fear the mighty chopstick.

Thank you! The artist, Gilly, I think is a great choice for this new story.

New version of here. Despite being a rampaging kaiju you gotta wonder how she keeps her hair flowing so well.

Attached: Big Mama.png (585x782, 230K)

That's easy, L'Oréal.

Literal truckloads of L'Oreal. I can dig that as an idea!

And new version of

Attached: Junior New.png (585x722, 199K)

so when you save your files, it doesn't show you anything about where they're going? it just processes for a second and stops?
so your ipad doesnt have a 'files' app?

Jesus christ

Attached: page 1 the Land of Want.png (2550x3300, 1.65M)

The real question is how glorious a male of that species would be

I think this one is my fave after big mama. Love het design.

A most dangerous weapon!

I like this guy!

Somebody who's more invested in this can do more research, but it seems that patreon is changing some of their service fees and including tiers for creators. Folks are saying that if you want to keep the old rate you need to get a patreon set up now for that old rate to be grandfathered in, otherwise you'll but subjected to the new rates, which are obviously going to be higher and cut into your bottom line.

Again, if you are planning on setting up a patreon for your comic, you might want to kick your ass into high gear to figure this out now before the changes go into effect.

good to know. the email specifically said it wouldnt affect creators but they are dirty liars, so

I dig the design a lot.

>tfw try to use references when drawing sexy girls but end up fapping

Attached: 1506838895171.jpg (600x867, 45K)

>but they are dirty liars, so
Exactly why I brought it up. Not a lot of faith in them from my end, and I don't even have a patreon account.
If there was a time to diversify your income, now would be a good time to look into that.

Link for creator tier page
>patreon.com/new-creator-plans
Looks like new accounts will get charged more per month plus transaction fees just to have the features available right now.

just shoot your goo and then draw in the refractory period
wow they really either want or expect their entire business category to collapse

i took a break to work on my digital art skills. ive been drawing lewds for the past few months but i feel like ive improved a lot in the process. ive learned to color for myself and ive experimented with different brushes and styles of inking. when trying to work on my comic i hit such a brick wall trying to plan out pages though. it just takes forever and i feel so burnt out after doing the layout of just one page. any advice, comic friends. also ive started to mess around with the animation on csp and i feel like maybe im wasting my time

Attached: 18ED1169-ED21-461B-8D44-EC2238081C04.jpg (834x1112, 54K)

this is my first animation and it took like an hour for just a few frames. but its a lot of fun

Attached: ECC97A67-5711-4D6B-BFA9-EF4191CAEB3E.gif (560x420, 93K)

Not that user but as a girl with no refractory period drawing the naughty is a struggle

I want to see your lewds...

yeah I have heard you ladies can waste serious time just grinding out repeated orgasms. That might be really distracting to drawing.

Looks good.
Are you going to go back and ad tweens to smooth it, or leave it as is?

>tfw found a scratch on my cintiq

Attached: 1552409639886.gif (480x270, 3.15M)

That's rough. Which one do you have?

Luckily I always use nude girl references yet never fap.

In fact I always draw my characters nude first, then add the clothes. Dunno if it is normal but its how I do it.

that's how the professionals do it.

Normal. Building an under structure prevents anatomy errors by going directly to clothing.

how do i get webcomic friends

Attached: 1551980134498.jpg (576x512, 53K)

the big expensive one

it's not the end of the world, not like there's a massive gash across the screen. still fucking sucks but not a lot i can do

Attached: 1551694229384.jpg (309x313, 31K)

I'll be your friend
but then other people won't want to be. But you can dramatically reject me and gain all their favor! it'll be beautiful

warranty?

Put a cute monster boy under a box with a stick holding it up and wait for one of the Webcomic Girls to come up and pinch his cheeks

screen overlay thingo?

I still have to clean up the shadows, but it's close to done. I have a sneaking suspicion, however, that I overdid the cyan

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg53.png (940x1216, 1.19M)

Is he saying papa out of fear or Dazirak has hypnotic abilities too?

Maybe in that specific context " Mom used to make a delicious jam with those." would be a little more suitable than "Mom made a delicious jam with those."

I'm enjoying your comic, keep it up!

Working on more fanart. I can already see a lot of shit I have to fix on this sketch.

The idea was that embarrassement when you get caught acting chuuni while playing card games. That shouldnt be played alone.

Im glad I decided to post in the thread just now and see this, thank you very much user. And you are right, that definitely sounds better.

Dunno if you are the same user that gave me a pastebin with corrections but im planning to fix all of my comic dialogues once I finish this chapter.

Attached: oiDftZ3S.jpg large.jpg (1536x2048, 919K)

so cute

What type of pen in clip studio do you use to replicate this type of style?

Attached: 1553054400343.png (1078x1008, 371K)

try pencil? or soft brush set really thin
why would you replicate this style when it's obviously a sketch anyway?

I made a comic to bring in spring, and also Disney taking all the marvel characters. I'm honestly excited at the possibilities now.

Attached: Marvel Equinox.png (850x800, 352K)

really softens the blow of monopoly-related worries

Oh my goodness hahaha this is freaking amazing!! I'm laughing because you just know this exact situation is gonna happen to her someday! On a similar note, I had drawings of a modern day version of her, and even in that she still plays card games haha!

I love this!!! Thank you so much it made my night!!

I use mirror as a ref to draw girls, but end up the same :(

Narcissism? Never would have guessed!

Please share your references on discord

PM me, coward)

Someone PM her for her "references" and share it with the rest of us. She'll prob just send you garfield dick she drew but it'll at least get your foot in the door to milk her later.

I feel better about the prospects of accidentally embarrassing myself when you set the bar this low.
see I was going to reply to and make a joke about how I (genuinely) misread that as 'measurements' and do a little cigar-twiddling Groucho line, but couldn't make it work.

But I wanna milk Nyamo NOW!

In the spirit of March Madness, I sketched the goth girl wearing a different jacket in the colors of a college basketball team!

Attached: C_OldDominion_SpacePack.png (1200x1200, 366K)

>so much buzz, still not a single PM

Attached: unamused.png (150x150, 6K)

buyingtime.the-comic.org
Can't figure it out, how did the Buying Time comic make it so when you click the screen the next word balloon came up? Want to do something similar, have a balloon fade in when the screen is clicked and fade out while a new fades in when it's clicked again, all over a sometimes animated frame. I can't find any tutorials on the subject of interactive comics at all. Anyone here have any idea how it's done? I have Adobe Animate CC and Hitfilm and of course, Photoshop.

Attached: bt_banner.png (672x158, 45K)

how much work do you put in every day?

How many fanarts will you make?

>tfw paperfag

Attached: 1548873334055.jpg (800x640, 108K)

Got most of the linework done. I still need to design the obstacle course which'll take a while. Also need to design the two little pricks in the last couple of panels. I'm thinking some kind of medeival bulk and skull.

tapas.io/series/Squires-for-Hire

Attached: Page 21.jpg (1200x3181, 780K)

More the former than the latter. I'm still trying to figure out the best way of showing this, but the idea is that when Dazirak is provoked into Tahrir, his "gorgon's face" acts much like a tiger roar or an oncoming truck's headlights--those who are not equipped to deal with it, suffer temporary fear paralysis. Because Dazirak's ability is psionic in nature, it does happen to also directly influence the mind, dredging up surface level fears and anxieties as the victim tries to cope with the sensory onslaught. As with many things, though, it's the first exposure that has the strongest effect. There's a steep dropoff, after.

I work 9-5, get home around 6, and then usually deal with dinner and family interaction until around 8. Then i get a good 3.5 hours to work. On weekends, I try to put 8 hours a day into it, but that's been trickier recently.

kudos, that's a good work ethic

Daaaaww, poor girls.

I'm loving that teacher. He's a lot of fun without feeling forced.

Wait, are you on discord? I don't remember seeing you there.

its flash. probably a layer on top of everything acting as a button that brings on the next keyframes which includes the bubble fade in. also being flash you could theoretically download the swf, import it, and poke around and see how it was done (it just wont show all the tweens and act like everything is a keyframe each)

It helps that I have high ambitions/delusions of grandeur, so every hour feels like a solid step forward. The downside is that when I’m not doing this, I get anxious and paranoid.

>make nsfw account to improve drawing bodies since I cover bad anatomy with clothes
>start getting commissions and patrons
>no longer have time for comic that I still have passion for.

Im glad you like it! I had several ideas but decided to go with that one cause I love Kage (and YuGiOh knock offs). Ill post it once is finished.

Dunno. One for every series im digging, ideally.

account on what?

It's fantastic!! I love that you went with the Yugioh idea, haha! Can't wait to see it when you finish!

I wanna live from drawing porn.

oh right. Been meaning to nab an invite. Daffy Dutch#9855

I claim Liselotte!
This is a bit funny since I think I inadvertently spawned this challenge by claiming it was impossible to come up with with that many good designs on the spot a couple of threads back. I'm glad that so much productivity came of it.

I really like this. The fact that it came out so good even though the pen is inferior as you say, proves that you've got a substantial amount of skill.
The design really reminds of that Thor character who is essentially also Thor, except he has the head of a horse? I always found that to be super fucking goofy as someone who doesn't really read much cape comics.
Anyways, do you have any other webcomic ideas up your sleeve? you should definitely continue Woodies for some time, it's getting better and better recently.

>that imagery
>that forehead
I too enjoyed Angel's Egg. I'm really looking forward to reading your comic.
To answer your question, I used to have 10 episodes in my backlog when I started in October. But it melted away super quickly even though I kept drawing and I had to go on hiatus around Christmas. I have since adjusted my release schedule from two to one episode per week. I guess what I'm saying is this: you have to set your own pace through trial and error. There is no correct way to go about it, though a large backlog is certainly helpful. Above all, readers crave consistency.

Noelle is the superior one.

thank you! Nice to see so many different favorites. And I guess Noelle is winning, huh.

I feel like the "it'll catch on" bit should come AFTER the "you're the only one who calls it that" bit
Our main character continues to be even more lovable. She really thought this was just like a military recruitment office, didn't she? just sign up and you're in.
looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the two mockers. Feel free to pump up their idiosyncratic dialogue, characters like that often have some kind of tic

use that money to work at your job less
use that time for comic
Oh man, there's narrow hope..

Reidun is for hanging out with
Elpida is for marrying
Rani probably makes the best fuck, but I can't get into nose chains

Its actually supposed to come after but I guess with the bubble placement it came off wrong. I should find a way to fix that.

Also yeah she doesn't do great with crowds. I think she knew she'd have to perform in front of others, but actually facing it is proving harder than she thought.

Also hem, verbal tic eh? First thing that pops in my head is a generic Jersey though guy accent. I'll tool around with the idea.

haha I love Yea Forums.

Just move it down and to the right, there appears to be room
>jersey tough guy
that can work! maybe the other one has a specific laugh like a wheezing one.

Or pay someone else to do stuff you don't want to do

that's another level of rich entirely

Maybe. Or just limit the list, like pay someone to do lettering or editing so you don't have to. It would cost some money, but not a fortune.

oh I thought we were talking about finding more time to draw by eliminating non-drawing things from life.

Oh. Well, you could still hire someone to do life-stuff but more low-key like those online grocery ordering and delivery services. A little extra cost for extra time.

Is there a discord server connected to this thread?

several

Alright, there it goes. Im not completely satisfied but well... Life.

For some reason your style its not easy for me to imitate at all.

More might come in the future.

Attached: kage.png (2350x2980, 1.04M)

wtf this looks almost exactly like achewood

how do i learn to draw as good as tradd moore

Hahaha I love it!!! It's amazing! I really like the light of the door opening right on Kage and against the wall. She's busted. Great work on the expression and posing, too. I'm amazed at how much you keep improving so quickly.

That is funny to hear about my style! I wonder why that would be, haha! Thank you so much again for this!! I'll be sure to share it!

I've been swamped with projects lately, but I've had something in mind to draw for you for a bit now... I hope to get to it soon!

>tradd moore
I didn't recognize the name so I had to google it
Why does all of his drawings have weird frog mouths?

Got yourself a reader now

Radical! I'm sure you'll enjoy the next page just as much.

Im really glad you like it, thank you. As for why... No clue. I even thought it was more similar to mine so it would be easier but no way jose. I had to redo her face a lot of times.

Dont worry about drawing me stuff, I really enjoy doing fanart. Focus on your series so I can keep enjoying it! Or. Do whatever you want im not your boss lol. I would love it for sure though.

Attached: wha.png (264x276, 83K)

printer paper me man

I was thinking the same thing! I can definitely see a similarity!

I appreciate that! You're awesome. I had honestly been wanting to draw something for you for a while now, like shortly after I subbed to A Story of Fire on tapas. I'm just really slow haha

Has a webcomic ever had mainstream success, or do you need to go the self-publishing / printing route to be taken seriously?

youre seriously not aware of the successful ones?
this friendship is so heartwarming. I'm super jelly.

as much as it pains me to say it megatokyo was successful once

There's no shame in acknowledging the quality of something that used to be great before the better half of the creative team was fired

hey OP, getting a new thread ready?

Finished this page!

Fun fact i whipped up this chapter real quick before the next one because i realized Saudra didn't really get enough fun with the rest of the cast so yeah, this chapter is happening before the part starts wrapping up.

Attached: page 1.png (2250x3300, 1.49M)

>And that's whycome people have knees.
>Wow!

Seriously, I have no clue about webcomics. I am making a traditional comic and was wondering about web publishing

The only one I have heard of was