Miller is taking a stab at writing the script for the Warner Bros. project, The Hollywood Reporter has learned...

>Miller is taking a stab at writing the script for the Warner Bros. project, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. He has teamed up with Grant Morrison, the acclaimed comics author, to pen a draft that could determine if he stays on as star, playing crimefighter Barry Allen.

>Miller is said to want a darker take on the material.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/flash-shocker-ezra-miller-writing-script-bid-star-1194937

Attached: file.png (768x433, 484K)

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/flash-movie-production-filming-start/
youtu.be/CEw7dE2tf9Y?t=223
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off faggot

Zidane

So just to be clear no one knows whats actually happening with this movie?

>Get Morrison, directors drop out, film back on the loop again, still have Ezra.
>Drop Ezra, get comic-accurate Barry, miss Morrison, another fucking comedy.

HYPE. Fuck Johns and his royalties.

Like I said in the other thread, I hope Miller doesn't make this movie Snyder-esque and it still remains vibrant, colorful, and fun despite him wanting it to be darker.

Hasn't Morrison only written a handful of Flash stories before and most/all of those were Wally? Odd choice for a Barry Allen Flash movie writer.

He's the only one willing to play ball with Miller's ideas of time travel and parallel universes when all WB wants is a straightforward Flash VS. Zoom story.

>and it still remains vibrant, colorful, and fun

It won't.

Flash is one of his childhood favorites and he wanted to do a Barry story for years now.

In Morrison we trust.

Attached: 000_P877M_opt.jpg (380x285, 25K)

>desperation.jpg

Grant Morrison has written a grand total of 2 produced teleplays (for the series Happy!). He is 59 years old.

Ezra Miller has written a total of one short film, five minutes in length.

With the best will in the world, neither of them has apparently got any experience writing feature film scripts anybody would want to produce (to be fair you can say that about every writer until their first script goes under lens), which is a world away from short films or even tv episodes. Morrison also doesn't have a great track record for playing well with others and much of his recent comics output, the medium for which he is most known, has been frankly either unfilmable or the most trite, simplistic genre trash you'd ever see on a screen.

I'm sorry for Miller, it sucks to be shitcanned after being dragged into such a big project, but at least he got paid for his appearances to date.

He should really ask his whole polycule to collab on this desu

Sounds like Miller is just turning in his treatment with Morrison's input. Shame James Gunn's schedule is so filled up now, he and Morrison could have saved DC.

Any writer can jump to any medium, because they’re WRITERS

Attached: zinedine-zidane-real-madrid.jpg (480x358, 20K)

>Shitty flashfag
>Morrison gets caught in the cross-fire

Attached: 1548059649451.jpg (400x1053, 119K)

>a darker take on the material

WB has learned NOTHING. It was Zach Snyder's obsession with making everything edgy that ruined the DC films in the first place.

>Morrison
He's on a fucking roll right now, that chaos magick of his is working. First Happy then Doom Patrol, now this. I always thought it would be interesting to see him do a screenplay. 18 Days or Nameless should get adapted next, they're both very heavy on visuals.

Attached: 1543346419230.gif (360x276, 2.42M)

>18 Days
This, I'm tired of GrecoRoman mythology.
Give me some Vedic insanity.

No

>First Happy then Doom Patrol, now this.
He's also creating a Brave New World TV series and The Invisibles has been picked up for a television adaptation.

>Invisibles
FUCK I need to start reading it. Too bad I'll finish like two years after the show's over.
>BNW
Interesting, I can't wait to see what he puts out.

>The development has bubbled up from a clash of creative visions. John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, who have been on board the project since January 2018, have a light-hearted approach to the material (and even hail from that sort of background, with credits like Spider-Man: Homecoming and Game Night). And, as sources note, that is the general track favored by Warners, which scored a billion-dollar hit with Aquaman by going the fun spectacle route and is seeing strong buzz on Shazam!, which is wearing its “superheroics is fun” on its sleeve .

>Miller is said to want a darker take on the material

It would be fucking amazing to see it in imax, so I hope that happens one day.

Ezra's Barry might as well be Wally.

If Bradley Cooper can direct and write (and numerous others) there's no reason to think this other than you don't like one or both.

Morrison's age is not an issue for anyone, most screen writers on movies are near or at this age and many are older.

Darker means he probably does not want to do a comedy. I doubt 'dark' for Morrison would mean anything as stupid as "Martha" or Man of Murder, either.

>18 Days or Nameless should get adapted next, they're both very heavy on visuals.
>Nameless
I was so fucking pissed when it turned out the mysterious James Gunn movie being teased (Brightburn) turned out to be its own thing and not a Nameless movie. The symbol in the teaser is nearly identical to the Xibalba glyph, and Grant and James are friends and had an interview around when Nameless was being published where they talked about possibly working together. It seemed so obvious!

I felt so cheated.

>The Invisibles
Best timeline

Attached: 1546459424097.jpg (416x416, 55K)

Guess Alan Moore's spell is finally fading out.

Attached: eae.png (214x317, 95K)

At least you were within the realms of posibility unlike desperate Berserk fag.s

From what I know about Miller I feel like they'll be best friends by the end of this.

>Brave New World TV series
Was coming here to mention this.

They picked this up straight to series, without asking for a pilot, making all sorts of notes on a script and then waiting for the pilot to see how it turns out

Oh, a DC post-Nolan piece of media with a darker take on? How rare!

Literally suck a dick casual

It's an excuse for them to have a massive Fear and Loathing tier drug trip while they incorporate as much esoteric and psychedelic comic elements as humanly possible into the fabric of their work.

I bet you unironically like Snyder's movies.

>Alan Moore looking more and more like god

Attached: 1551277400789.jpg (1024x1583, 599K)

>They still are trying to push Ezra.
>They still are trying to launch a Flash movie.
Dude, DC, fucking stop; he's got a TV show. A TV show that has an alright Barry who has faced Eobard, Hunter, Savitar, 2 Tricksters, Captain Cold, Heatwave, Top, Mirror Master, etc. Just focus on a different propriety for fucks sake. The TV show has already done everything you could think of because it's ran for 6 years now.

Cooper wrote a remake with the help of two accomplished writers and sought pointers from several directors he previously worked it.

Neither Miller nor Morrison have experience.

Darker can mean he does not want a quippy film or a comedy.

I'd wait for the script to drop before you start assuming he means he wants Barry to start snapping necks or to have a confrontation with Reverse Flash that involves murdering one another

Morrison will have written three on-going TV series by the time this is going into production, if it did

How do you know Miller hasn't done the same or more than Cooper did?

Might be be good. Not sure if Morrison's writing style fits a film format, though.

That's still more comics stories about the character than most screenwriters have written

A TV show that only teenage women watch.

Flashpoint?

>Third most watched show in the world after Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead

I hope this means a lot of multiverse shenanigans.

>Only women watch it.
How retarded are you?

He has nothing to do with Doom Patrol. He probably found out about the show at the same time we did. Outside of talking to Jared Leto on the phone about the Joker he sees these movies like a normal moviegoer and when he recognizes his own dialogue and ideas it's a first for him. I remember when an interviewer asked him about the Son of Batman animated movie and they had to explain to him what it was because he never heard of it.

>He's the only one willing to play ball with Miller's ideas of time travel and parallel universes
If Morrison is what it takes to make a Flash movie I personally would like to see, then by all means I welcome him. I like and respect Morrison a lot, so even if he hasn't written enough Flash before, I still would love to see what he does with him.
And I'm not even a DC fan mind you, but I started reading his Green Lantern and quite frankly I've been learning to appreciate the character through his pen.

You, know...that's a really good point. At least Morrison has actual respect and understanding for the medium and DC in general. You completely changed my mind on this now, thanks user.

He doesn't write Doom Patrol though. He's involved with Happy, and the stuff mentioned in

Miller wants to do Flashpoint with a dark tone and a deep dive into the Speed Force, time travel, parallel universes, self-fulfilling paradoxes and etc. Daley & Goldstein want a straightforward "Flash VS. Zoom" story with elements of time travel but an overall fun, 80's-esque Back to the Future vibe.

>ezra makes flash fight the hetero patriarchy

pic related, they also leaked concept pics of the new Flash suit

Attached: Ezra-Miller-Toadette-Comic-Con-2018.jpg (682x1024, 51K)

Miller is probably just doing shrooms with Morrison
script will never ever ever come out

Option A please. Ezra is actually based as fuck for wanting a darker script. Fuck a Spiderman Homecoming remake that movie sucks ass

Yeah but the show is b-movie level garbage...

of all the people they could have cast to play the flash they pick the one guy who can't run

The running style was a stylistic choice in JL. It utilized a treadmill/trampoline hybrid they created specifically for the production of the film to create the float-y retarded looking stride Barry had.

Attached: flash BtS running wire rig.webm (834x686, 321K)

it still looks dumb as shit

I didn't say it didn't, but that's the reason it looks dumb.

Attached: flash BtS running rig.webm (1280x720, 1.88M)

>Homecoming
Morrison I'll pray to all your arcane gods so that you and Miller are able to deliver a script and convince WB. I'll take a terrible Flash film over another mediocre, half-assed generic teen hero movie.

Best case scenario, B.

>faggotbro pls

Yeah and they were some of the best Flash story arcs

It's going to get handed in next week. If they really were going to drop Ezra they wouldn't be planning to film later this fall. It would be very hard to re-cast him by November and the last thing they would want to do is recast and then have the date dropped or need another NEW script or more new directors.

>Flashpoint with a dark tone and a deep dive into the Speed Force, time travel, parallel universes, self-fulfilling paradoxes and

One thing here is not the same as the other things here, the only thing Cereal Lord's fan fic has in common is, at most, that it's an AU set up by time travel (and stupidly so as one of the worse contrived plot devices in the past ten years of comics, and that's saying something when we had all sorts of bullshits everywhere).

>>Miller is said to want a darker take on the material.

Attached: 1549568945675.png (286x301, 72K)

he should go for a TDK-esque film and make a police/crime drama, but with superhumans.

Game Night Directors/Homecoming Writers have a script ready for Flash.

Ezra writes script with help of Grant Morrison. Most likely hinting that the Game Night Directors want to recast Flash and this is his last attempt to keep his role.

They only want to recast because Ezra disagrees with the tone of the film/where they're taking it. He's basically putting it all on the line to make a good Flash movie, pretty based imo

>Reminder Marvel tried to copy it and did something even worse.

>green guy humping the batmobile
That menace must be stopped

He outlasted two hired directors and many others, plus he's a major role in a large WB franchise with three more pictures involved.

I know a lot of people have been wanting him recast and will think this is him just trying to get in on the money but the dude seemed pretty passionate about the role, was all in on crossing over with the Grants Barry and spoke to one of comics more profiling writers so I say good on him, hope it works out

incoming kino

>>Miller is said to want a darker take on the material.
I'm out

>plus he's a major role in a large WB franchise
All the adjectives you just used are wrong

There's some respect in that. I hope Ezra does it well because everyone will crucify him.

They probably need to do some chaos ritual on the side to pull this off.

As long as they don't adapt Cereal Lords worse fan fic and dark means something other than Ann Rand, I'm looking forward to some Hypercrisis magic

Attached: IMG_00001.gif (220x220, 184K)

Xer is pretty big in the Harry potter spin-off. Either WB or Rowling seem to love Xe

Ezra is cute! CUTE!

Attached: 1545763516990.jpg (1080x1080, 98K)

I hope they don't get rid of Ezra, then Ladderbro will start gloating about how he was right about them getting rid of everything except for Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, and Margot Robbie.

>Morrison's age is not an issue for anyone,

It's an issue for him. LA is a city of the young.

>most screen writers on movies are near or at this age and many are older.

They're not. Most *working* screenwriters are younger. Those trying to break in are generally under 30, with a sizeable minority under 40. The rest are basically outliers.

By 59, as a working screenwriter, I would expect you to have at least one feature under your belt, or a string of tv episodes, or like a Netflix miniseries or something. He's got nothing. He waited too long.

>Bradley Cooper

Bradley Cooper who's been a working actor for 20 years and has been producing - not just having his name credited as a producer, but actually doing all the boring finance and logistical crap - for five years, including on major motion pictures?

He's got more experience than Miller or Morrison by a country mile. If that's your comparison - some actors do other stuff - you've got nothing.

I sincerely hope you don't think this for real. Comic book scripting is not like film storyboarding. Writing a film scene is not the same as writing a tv scene or a stage scene or a prose scene or a comic book panel. Each medium has different needs that must be satisfied, you can't just hop on and yell fasta mamma, and nobody's going to throw money at you just because you think they should.

You know who's written for comic books and movies? Chris Yost. You know why he's written for movies? Because he didn't just focus on comics from the start of his career. He was already writing spec scripts for attention when he graduated. Comics were something else he did, not something he just switched between with tv and film because it's all the same shit. He took the time to learn the way each works and gets hired on that basis.

I get it, every comic book writer thinks they've got a billion dollar movie in them right now, but the truth is most of them don't, just indulgent, unfilmable crap.

Oh but while we're on the subject of Morrison, there's something else that counts against him - he's Grant Morrison.

All that magic spell crap? All that "yeah I was using but I'm clean now" and then you read what he's writing and you think, sure buddy, whatever you say? All the public fueding, the cringeworthy poseur act where he made himself out to be a big deal and might as well have claimed his name was John Barron?

You don't hire people like that. They're bullshitters. Nobody needs a bullshitter in the writer's room, nobody needs a bullshitter on set. They get through anyway because some are smart enough to hide what they are until it's too late to get rid of them, but Morrison has never done that. He's a bullshitter's bullshitter with a toxic fanbase who love the memes.

Dead career is dead.

I don't know him personally, but based on his comics, Morrison is not a petty man.

This, if they recast him they'd be removing someone who is actually invested in the character which would be pretty fucking sad state of affairs

Why are anti Grant fags always so cringy?

lol

Attached: real ass nigga.png (640x353, 54K)

The problem is if turns in a good script, this will only solidify Barry's position as the Flash. If WB fucks it up, it would be easier to get Wally back once all the people at DC who were responsible for Barry retire or leave.

Yost wrote Thor: The Dark World which was awful and his Cowboy Bebop show sounds awful. He should stick with animation since he’s pretty good at that.

>The problem is if turns in a good script, this will only solidify Barry's position as the Flash
And that's a good thing.

TV Show turns to garbage past Season 1 and the first half of Season 2 and is only worth revisiting when they do the episode where they actually have a decent budget on.

>Hunter
>Savitar
Both terrible disappointments. By god, I can't believe that they actually adapted parts of Venditti's run with the Blue Evil Barry Flash.

>Top
>Mirror Master
Fuck off.

I'm pretty sure that's false.

The Sndyerverse can't get flushed fast enough. Miller just needs to move on. If only we can get rid of that stick of a Wonder Woman. Too bad the character was too popular to let that trash film bomb.

Though Wan was able to save Mamoa's Aquaman, I can't see even Morrison saving that Flash trash.

Well, Miller's Flash was more like Bart anyway. None of it matters.

Attached: gal gadot 1458716808373.jpg (972x626, 114K)

>He's also creating a Brave New World TV
I have been meaning to read an old copy I picked up years ago. I read 1984 and 451 in high school in the 90s. Never did get around to that one.

t. dan didiot

Holy shit based Ezra

>you read what he's writing and you think, sure buddy, whatever you say?
>Creativity is only possible if you are high! XD

Fuck you.

you mad white boy

>you don't hire good writers

I dont get it.

Grant's not a good writer unless you're a druggie

Are you eleven years old and whenever you read or whatch something odd think "What were they smoking when they came up with this XD"?

based
I just want to say that fuck Morrison, fuck Morrisonfags, and fuck Happy
It was rather shit, and the entertainment value it had got old by the end of episode 1
the only upsides were the old man gangster and the female cop acting, the rest is childish trash, but what can you expect from the faggot who made crank, gamer and shit rider 2

Leading with A is stupid, and Flashpoint was never good to begin with.

Who the fuck cares about Ezra Miller's Flash? Why is he even trying? Grant Gustin's Flash is the Flash to most people by this point!

Going by these threads and Twitter, lots of people care

1984 is an amazing book, Brave New World is a good book, 451 is a meh book

lol at affleck sitting in the batmobile looking like an autist

>If they really were going to drop Ezra they wouldn't be planning to film later this fall.

They aren't.

Because at the end of the day Grant Gustin is just a meh TV actor while Miller is a good actor.

FUCK MAKE IT STOP!

Attached: the french fears the italian.jpg (500x392, 42K)

>1984 better than Brave New World
The eternal meme

Although he's fine as an actor, Ezra Miller seems borderline retarded in every interview I've seen. I'll be surprised if he contributes anything to the writing process other fetching coffee and giving fellatio.

>If they really were going to drop Ezra they wouldn't be planning to film later this fall.
Yeah because it's literally impossible to cast a new guy in the EIGHT MONTHS between now and when production starts

They are: screenrant.com/flash-movie-production-filming-start/

Yet he outclasses Miller at playing The Flash on every aspect.

>likely
>might

Hope they succeed since I'm sick of Zoom, love him as a villain but fuck, man.

it's not only better, it's in a whole different league

Because he’s been given much more material and direction to work with other than LOLquips like JL was.

They won't. No one wants a dark superhero movie. That's the entire reason Aquaman made a billion and everything before that is being ignored

Wonder woman 2 isn't even going to be a sequel to Wonder Woman

No, I'm not a Morrisonfag

I think I'm the only one who wants Zenith on screen.

The report says he wants a "darkER" take, not a dark take. There exists a spectrum between the tone of JL and the dark gritty tone of whatever you're imagining.

He's a male bimbo, looks and acts good on the outside but nothing but air inside that head

Attached: here's your DMC5 Lady bro.jpg (872x591, 184K)

animal man on dcu when?

"DCU" meaning the streaming service? Pretty soon

is he wearing lipstick and if so why?

>idiots freaking out about 'a darker take' when one of the fundamental problems of the existing movie version is that he's a walking joke

He wrote th ematerial it is based on. That is something to do. Before that he was one of the few without adapted material.

I disagree and your mother is a whore.

Attached: 1547263076087.gif (286x258, 3.63M)

I don't have time to explain Ezra Miller to you

Attached: 1551764074686.webm (1084x1080, 2.87M)

confirmed to not finna be slaw

>comic accurate bad!

This
No one wants a repeat of this do they?

Attached: calamity gold.webm (1920x1080, 2.68M)

Oh my god, why can't the morons at WB/DC realize people want FUN comic book movies, why the fuck does everything need to be dark? did they learn NOTHING from the failures of zack snyder?

I.. I like the dark movies

WB wants the fun comic book movies, it's Ezra that wants the dark type of movies. WB is just humoring Ezra.

I hope that's the case.

Isn't his origin story sad enough. How much darker do Ezra want to get?

That's what the article says

>John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, who have been on board the project since January 2018, have a light-hearted approach to the material.And, as sources note, that is the general track favored by Warners,

I'd like decent cape films. It's just that a few fun ones have been made and, unless "Logan" counts as dark, no decent dark ones have been yet.

Darker than fucking Justice League obviously

Yeah sure dark movies are fine, but dark comic book movies aren't

Oh fuck, I'm pretty hyped then.

What's Final Fantasy IX got to do with anything?

I wonder what the new Flash suit will look like

Attached: el flasho brap.jpg (2304x2880, 462K)

So you are a coward, got it,.

The ideal outcome would be a Flashpoint movie where, after all the time travel fuckery is over, both Flash and Batman are recast. That's not going to happen, though. But I wonder if Miller is going to try arguing that the success of Into the Spider-Verse means audiences are now willing to accept a parallel universe storyline?

CAN´T UNSEE!

>muh ayn rand
what do you faggots even mean by that?
reasonable egoism?
individualism?
idealism?
EVERY SUPERHERO IS BY DEFINITION "ayn rand" YOU RETARDS

WB would rather Barry be more like Wally anyhow. He's already notably younger and less experienced than the rest of the JL, while making the silly, lighthearted jokes.

The world has an expectation for how The Flash acts and that's more Wally than it ever was Barry.

Being better than a steaming pile of shit just makes you a regular pile of shit.

It's okay to like dark movies. But those aren't really superhero movies. Batman can pull it off because he can lean more noir martial arts shit than superhero but the rest can't.

"success"
it barely broke even, the absolute state of mcucks on this board!

t. mcuck that doesn't read comics

Dude it's made over 3 times it's budget. That's not "barely breaking even". At a $90mil budget, that's an absolute success.

Johnny sins?

how is having that jawline legal?

Attached: Clf08qqUYAAe3D2.jpg (768x807, 77K)

sure, whatever you say shill

Zidane is hotter

He's not retarded, just insane. He dropped out of high-school because he had a prophetic dream of Beethoven telling him if he didn't, his mother would die.

kek, I remember that interview
youtu.be/CEw7dE2tf9Y?t=223

>calamity gold.webm
Was it rape?

He came inside her in an attosecond

Attached: flash BtS gal.webm (1280x720, 2.62M)

Yeah, we need more of incompetent buffoon flash Warners already gave us. That was so well received.

you're a retard

Anyone who wants a lighthearted take when we already know what these people think lighthearted means should be put to death as a service to the world.

i'm so confused right now - are you for miller/morrison or against?

>Miller goes to Morrison for a script
>The same guy who wrote this
I think its time.

Attached: NdrOh3m3_1206150008421.jpg (620x361, 208K)

For, but mostly because I don't trust these people to do a light Flash when we've seen them fuck it up already, and because Morrison can usually be trusted to use dark elements to make the light stand out.

okay sorry, I replied "you're a retard" because I thought you were against
I agree 100%, don't know why people are acting as if "darker" means lolsoedgy when all it means is just darker than the buffoonery we got already

No, it's okay. I solved the problem: I replied to the wrong post.