DC'S POWER COUPLE Returns

>SUPERMAN: YEAR ONE, with John Romita, Jr., which will be about Superman's many love interests: Lana Lang, Lori Lemaris, Lois Lane, and, of course, Wonder Woman.
>THE DARK KNIGHT: THE GOLDEN CHILD, with Rafael Grampa, which will be about Superman and Wonder Woman's child.
The best ship is back in the menus, boys. Rejoice! It's like the NEW 52 never ever left!

Attached: Batman - The Dark Knight Strikes Again-109.jpg (1988x3056, 742K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2018/10/07
cbr.com/dc-black-label-superman-year-one-cover-art-romita-miller
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gross

I’m up for it. But I still this it’s own continuity?

Superman: Year One might be canon to both the main canon and Miller's Dark Knight continuity.

>Lori Lemaris
Nice

Attached: fb57546731d2783985a0427bd4053fd9.png (300x371, 91K)

Wait what? How the fuck?

By the power of Didio, Lee, and Miller.

Wonderful!!!!

HELL yeah!!!!!!!!! Screw Lois.

Word. Fuck Lois, and also fuck Batman.

Same way Year One is canon to Post-Crisis, New 52, Rebirth, and Dark Knight Returns simultaneously i guess.

Fuvk you, OP. For a moment I thought you were talking about pic related

Attached: IMG_20190315_223905.jpg (1988x1715, 761K)

Attached: Superfit.jpg (648x668, 122K)

IT'S NOT "RETURNING", YOU FUCKING IDIOT. SUPERMAN YEAR ONE IS GOING TO BE IN THE DARK KNIGHT CONTINUITY, WHICH ALWAYS HAD SUPERMAN EVENTUALLY ENDING UP WITH WONDER WOMAN.

No, it isn't. That's literally impossible.

It can be canon to the main canon as well. Wonder Woman Rebirth run mentioned her relationship with Superman. There was even a callback to it in Snyder's Dark Metals event.
Why is it impossible?

Attached: AW YEAH SEXY TIME.jpg (512x852, 60K)

Okay, first off this might not be what you SMWW shippers are hoping for, because it doesn't mention anything about those love interests. I looked it up and there was no mention of the story exploring his "many love interests". You assume it is because Frank Miller is writing it. Even if it is it has nothing to do with Canon... so what's to rejoice??????

Don't get your hopes up... also there is no mention of "The Golden Child" either.

Umm... no there not they are in two different time streams.

bleedingcool.com/2018/10/07 ... nycc-2018/
>Miller then talked about how “Superman has the best girlfriends in comics” and “should be the sexiest character around– Batman jumps then either falls or catches a rope – Superman stays up!” the crowd found this hilarious. Miller talked about the scene in Richard Donner’s Superman movie where Superman flies at night with “the beautiful Lois Lane” and called it “one of the most natural and erotic scenes in fantasy film”.
>“I mean the guy has a mermaid in his life!” exclaimed Miller. He then talked about how each issue of Superman Year One features a different love interest – Lana Lang, Lois Lane, Lori Lemaris and “I’m pushing for a certain Amazon to get involved” (obviously Wonder Woman)

Batman: Year One is the definitive Batman origin, and it's canon both in the mainline and in Miller's Dark Knight line of books. The same could apply to Superman: Year One.

Those where misinterpreted and later revealed to be lies?

Not the Superman part, because Steve was aware and butthurt about it.

Seems someone is keeping up with information... still don't get your hopes up... after all he says he's "pushing" for Wonder Woman.

This story might be canon, but I doubt it's anything on the too romantic side between them... most likely an attraction... after all Superman's Rebirth event of... Oz, I think mention they never went out.

Steve too was having memories altered.

That was Dan Jurgens being out against SMWW with the backing on Johns. Johns got demoted. We're back to Didio and Lee having power, and Lee is a big SMWW shipper. Didio also was super into it during the New 52 because he's a fan of new ideas and breaking groundwork. So there's a high-chance it might come back. Nobody cares about Steve and Lois was always insufferable.

Sauce otherwise you're talking out of your ass.

so he just says he's trying but DC is telling him fuck no, got it

Batman Year One is set in the late eighties as far as the origin can chronically set it to Canon... Dark Knight line is set in the 80s too but Batman is an older man compared to his younger self in Year One.

Probably had the same origin event... but completely different time events which both lead to future events that are not the same

I don't get it. Why are so many people opposed to a Sups/WW relationship happening prior to him getting together with Lois? Multiple sources say this is cannon.

There's an user who has a strange SM/WW hateboner fetish he says that there's a conspiracy from the DC higher ups to bring that shit pairing back and they're always posting stuff about how it's going to be the new canon or whatever.

Also it's a Black Label book, it's as canon as Azzarello's Batman.

Shut up. You're talk gibberish. Batman: Year One has always been the canon origin for Batman since the 80's reboot. It was kept canon after 94's Zero Hour massive retcons, it was kept canon after 2004's Infinite Crisis massive retcons, it was kept canon after 2008's Final Crisis retcons, and even after 2011's Flashpoint reboot it was treated as the default canon until Snyder's Zero Year. Since Rebirth writers have tried to make Batman: Year One the default canon again. Even Snyder's doing it.
Batman: Year One also being canon to the Dark Knight line of comics changes nothing. It just means that Miller's trying to build his own little universe with the works he has done for DC.

The same could easily be applied to Superman: Year One. It's Frank fucking Miller doing an origin for Superman with the title of "Year One". It's massive because Batman: Year One was massive for DC as a whole. DC would be a fool to not milk this for all that it's worth.

Yeah but Lee isn't writing or drawing this one is he and neither is Didio.

If SMWW was too come back they might have done it when Lois went into space with Jon and they should have killed off Steve Trevor but instead, they brought her back and he's still breathing. And no matter what happens Superman and Lois Lane will always be led towards one another.

>There's an user who has a strange SM/WW hateboner fetish he says that there's a conspiracy from the DC higher ups to bring that shit pairing back
I don't know who're talking about, but SMWW has always been a staple of DC. It's a beloved pairing.

Oh yeah I forgot about Zero Year, and infinite Crisis, and all the others.

Let's all agree that these origin timeline stories are pretty fucked up and Frank Miller is doing a Year One of Superman that he has probably been planning for years but never got around too, and has nothing to do with Canon

>and Frank Miller is doing a Year One of Superman that he has probably been planning for years but never got around too
He has.
cbr.com/dc-black-label-superman-year-one-cover-art-romita-miller
>"Frank has this twisted imagination about what should happen, and we talked about it, and [Frank's] eyes glow," Romita told fans of the series at Comic-Con International in San Diego over the summer. "He said he's wanted to do this as long as he can remember, since, when did Batman: Year One come out? Was that 30 years ago? He said he always wanted to complete the cycle and do a Superman: Year One. Well, he finally got the chance to do it, and of course it's a hundred pages and there's a million people in it."
I don't see why Superman: Year One can't be the default canon for the mainline Superman going forward. It's much better than Johns' Secret Origin mini. People opposing to this idea just because of SMWW is stupid. So Superman dated Wonder Woman before marrying Lois in the new canon. So what? Deal with it.

SUPERMAN AND WONDERWOMAN ARE NOT A THING. STOP TRYING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. STOP IT. ITS NEVER HAPPENING. DC IS BETTER OF DEAD IF THEY TRY THAT BULLSHIT. FUCK

DC sells tons of merchandising based on the SMWW pairing. The SMWW TPBs are still being bought in droves. Hell, the fact that DC is banking on more of Miller's Dark Knight stuffs means that DC knows there's a huge audience out there because the line has become all about SMWW since Miller fell in love with Superman. Just accept it. SMWW will return eventually. Probably very soon.

Honestly I blame bendis for all this hate. Including this guy

To be fair, i think Bendis would have been a lot happier if he could have written about Superman and Wonder Woman being a couple. You can see that he's struggling with writing Superman and Lois together. That whole Clark Kent boring crap is dragging him down.

See, the problem is people who read superman where happy with his as he was for the first time in years. Superfamily/Super Sons was great. They should have given bendis someone else like Batman or Green Lantern.

It’s not just Wonder Woman. Superman will literally fuck all of his love interest including his cousin

Autism

By Superfamily you mean the Tomasi/Jurgens' runs? Those wouldn't sustain for much longer. They were essentially slice-of-life stories that would have eventually gotten stale. Nobody wants the Superman and Lois marriage anymore. There's a reason DC had done away with it with the New 52. Writers had been complaining about it since the early 2000s. The problem was that Johns wanted his nostalgia and didn't care about anything else. Now look what we have. Superman and Wonder Woman are selling badly.

>Writers were complaining
I can't help the writers were board. It should matter what the people, the consumer's wanted. Superman sales are now suffering because of this. This is the major problem with comics today. Comics are a business not a club. In order to make money you have to give people what they want instead of what the writers want to make. This is a big problem and why comics are failing. That and too much politics in comics.

To be fair Superman is Bendis. Wonder Wan hasn’t sold well since the beggining of New 52

SMWW could easily attract casual readers, though. The biggest reason why SMWW is so great it's because it turns Superman and Wonder Woman from lame characters that most people glance over into cool characters as marketable as Batman.

Meaning canon when it's convenient for an argument?

How? All you need is a good writer.

It was the best consistently selling book besides Batman in Rebirth until Rucka left.

N52 numbers weren't that great. Only trades were because people who have no clue or care about wonder woman finally realized they could read about Brian Azzarello's self insert

Batman: Three Jokers is Black Label and that's definitely canon.

I'm not actually against a SM/WW past relationship. I'm only saying they should of kept Tomasi/Jurgens Superman and Super Sons book. Bendis is poison to Superman and it shows. People don't want it. They were happy with the way thing were. Give Bendis something else or something new.

>cucka
Was she selling well?

People think that Superman's a lame character because in the guise of Clark Kent he's some beta-male guy who's walked over by Lois Lane and in the guise of Superman he's some boyscout who's all about following the rules and doing his duty, thus having no time for Lois despite her throwing herself at him. That's also the reason why Lois sucks as a love interest, because the focus of much of the drama is on Clark being ignored by Lois for not being the ideal man and her fawning over Superman, that we know won't be able to date her because he's also Clark and also can't endanger her life more than she already does on her own. It's a fucking lame dynamic that do Superman no good.

But with SMWW? It all changes because now the focus is on Superman being alpha, and not Clark being some beta. Superman also loses the image of a boyscout, because no boyscout lose his time making out in the woods with a hot girl. That's something troublemakers do. So just the fact Superman can be sexual around Wonder Woman already changes people perception about him.

As for Wonder Woman, by portraying her as a strong and fierce woman, both physically and in-personality, who won't bow down to any man but a Superman, you're able to add a bit of edge and sex appeal to her also. Something you can't do with the boring Steve Trevor.

>People think ...
Marvel fans think ...

There fixed it for you user.

No, people think. Superman and Wonder Woman are boring outside of SMWW.

Literally only you think that. People in the real world like it when they are as far apart from each other as they can

That's not what New 52 tells me.

Attached: YOUNG_ROMANCE_1.jpg (779x1200, 156K)

>New52
There's your fucking problem, you turd-eating mongoloid.

The New 52 is dead. Again past relationship is fine. Current relationship should be Lois with Jon.

What's the problem with DC as it highest point?
Rebirth is dead. Rebirth wasn't even birthed. It was just some old cronies trying to push their nostalgia onto readers who wanted something new. The spirit of New 52 is alive as long as Didio remain working for DC.

I refuse to believe anyone liked the New 52. Therefore you are a troll.

There are a lot to like about the New 52 and it was the highest selling point for DC in the last decades. Just some of it that was poorly managed.

Who? I like SMWW stuff but I don’t think that. I don’t like Lois but I think Superman is a great character

>past relationship
Tbh that’s how it should be. Every version of Superman should have dated Wonder Woman some point at the start of their careers just to get that out of the way