Name a worst MCU protagonist

Attached: IMG_3179.jpg (1119x1620, 374K)

I'm going to say Star Lord given how fucking stupid he is.

All of them, Carol is the best one.

>REEEEEEE I HATE CAPTAIN MARVEL
>NOT BECAUSE THE MOVIE WAS THE WORST MOVIE EVER OR THAT THE CHARACTER HERSELF IS THE WORST
>BUT SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE FEMINISTS ARE SUPPOSED TO LIKE IT
start literally any other thread

>BECAUSE FEMINISTS ARE SUPPOSED TO LIKE IT
I think that's the saddest part. The whole get males to hate it, is stronger then females actually liking it.

At last he has a personality. He's a manchild but he's charismatic and consistent in his behavior. Carol has half of that at best.

If he wasn't funny, Drax would be completely irredeemable. The only useful thing he ever did was holding a gun for Rocket.

It's unfair because all the other protagonists have been in more than 3 movies. All of them.

He's not stupid he's just a manchild

Much like OP

So you can't name a weaker protag...

Doctor Strange
Thor in Thor 2
Ed Norton Hulk

Thor, Captain America, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, T'Challa, Wasp...

Wrong

>THAT THE CHARACTER HERSELF IS THE WORST

Not the OP, but this right here is fact. Captain Marvel is easily one of the worst characters Marvel has tried to push in the last decade.
At least when she was Ms. Marvel, she had some level of baggage that made her an interesting enough character to comfortably live in a supporting role on the team. But Marvel being so hell bent on pushing this cunty bint has generally made her one of the worst protagonists in comic history. You can't force popularity. It needs to come organically. Trying to force it just leads to overpowered, flawless-in-universe Mary Sue bullshit that just comes off as some little kid's bratty OC to everyone reading.

>Name a worst MCU protagonist

It's 'worse' you fucking ignoramus.

Tony Stark

Last night I dreamed Brie Larson came down from space born sexy yesterday like starfire and I showed her the joys of earth and we fell in love and i finally kissed a girl. Then i woke up. Pretty anti climactic

Attached: 48F3890C-232A-4188-83E3-CD7B3697AFB2.jpg (570x400, 29K)

I dreamed that I had to dispose of a Desert Eagle before I went into a restaurant.

I felt truely happy in this dream... it would make some love story

Carol is the worst

good thing he's gonna kill thanos while thanos gets distracted by seeing death and accepts his fate

Agreed

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 7.54.00 PM.png (682x466, 341K)

I dreamt that I watched a nuke go off somewhere behind the local mountain range from my backyard. It was pretty scary.

I believe all dreams are just us peaking into another dimension

Carol Danvers is Marvel's Superman. Only without the heart, foundation, and respect of everyone she encounters.

Attached: SupermanRoss.png (344x499, 152K)

Attached: CC772411-6818-4426-B7B1-E38E0E5F9182.jpg (1200x1200, 169K)

So she's Zod

I actually liked the movie, but I honestly can't. Maybe Hulk? I didn't watch that movie

Hopefully, someone can snap her neck.

She is on par with Black Panther as the worst, neither have any weaknesses.

I got you covered.

Were you getting married in your backyard by a guy with a scruffy beard?

Attached: https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Finsertcoin%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F03%2Fjessica-jones-season-2.jpg (960x625, 72K)

>Thor
Yes.
The others no.

the eventual squirel girl protagonist
we know its going to happen and its going to make capitan marvel look like citzen kane by comparisson

Marvel shouldn't just keep making movies until everyone hates it

The former is baiting others while the latter is telling the truth.

tony

Yes

It's fair because the rest were all better in their debut movies too

Carol is the worst

Thor (though the Russo's saved him) and T'Challa are close but no character is more bland and unlikeable than Carol

>all other characters have some kind of personal weakness, personality flaw, or issue that makes them flawed and "human"
>Carol's is just that she had amnesia
>she is always right and she is nice to good people and snarky to bad people, and she is the strongest, too
Comic Carol is mean, arrogant, has a bad temper, is a bit of a sadist, and sometimes has drinking issues because all those things make her unlikable and unstable. She is a hero for pushing past those issues and working to stay in control and on the side of good. Movie Carol is a Mary Sue.

MCU Peter Parker

Quicksilver

BUT THOR SAID HE LIKES HER, SO WE MUST LIKE HER TOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Just like the trash modern Marvel comics, they have an established character "validate" the new piece of shit.

Does Hank Pym or Janet van Dyne count?

gosh dang was that a mediocre film
there was nothing compelling about it. it was fine production wise, its not that they did a poor job with anything
it was just such a dull chore to watch

also her foot game is atrocious and I'm annoyed they kept showing them

I accidentally called this movie Ms. Marvel and now my friend thinks I'm a casualgater

I was going to say Groot but then I remembered Groot is at least likeable

As a huge poorfag, typically how long before I can find this online?

Nah, Jessica's fine. She's a fuckup and knows it.
If only she had been in a better show and had a better villain than a whiny manchild whose only memorable scenes are of him getting caught.

>Mediocre movie with male leads comes out
meh
>Mediocre movie with female leads comes out
FUCK THIS, FUCK YOU, THE UNIVERSE DESERVES TO END

Now now user, don't leave out the other side of the outrage coin
>Mediocre movie with female leads comes out
>ANYBODY WHO DOESN'T LIKE THIS IS A SEXIST RACIST NAZI THE MOVIE IS FANTASTIC IT'S GREAT IT'S PERFECT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I had this exact dream not long after Trump was elected. I don't think I've ever felt that kind of fear before, nukes are just.....so big

So you're acting like a child because other people are acting like children

Ok, I guess you can do that

I'm literally doing what you're doing and pointing out stupid behaviour. You're kinda thick in the old noggin department, eh?

so you have no problem with Captain Marvel the movie right? It's just a mediocre film just like most other mediocre films.

Bruce Banner

Assuming you're not baiting, you have to understand that it would be fine and 'just another mcu hero' if they didn't try to sell that wooden actress with such a stupid movie as the new Iron man and Captain america, as the new face of the MCU.

Fuck you, it was easily one of the worst MCU films that feminists hold up as the gold standard retard. We're just pointing out the hilarious double standard that people have when it comes to Disney movies. Thor 2, a movie that is better than Captain Marvel, gets a decidedly worse score while Captain Marvel gets resounding applause. It's not the same at all.

It's not a surprise why there is a thread every day about why this shit show is being praised when I wouldn't watch it even if you were to pay me to.

>Fuck you, it was easily one of the worst MCU films that feminists hold up as the gold standard retard
>I wouldn't watch it even if you were to pay me to

Attached: 1433822927944.jpg (854x539, 47K)

It's a bland forgettable movie propped up by social media morons. It's Ghostbusters 2.0 just not as bad.

Thor 2 was worse. Come on, dude. Only Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron are as bad as Thor 2 as they all have incoherent plots.

Iron Man 2 is notably better than Thor 2. As for AoU you claiming it is bad at all is pretty much just shitposting. Captain Marvel was pretty much a more entertaining, less interesting movie than Thor 2, and right on par with it overall. At least the Skrulls being bros was nice.

this exchange truly encapsulates everything about this retarded situation

this. whats his superpower again?

They are supporting characters and least for Pym, he is a top tier character.

Attached: Ant-Man_concept_5.jpg (447x800, 15K)

Pelvic sorcery

He's basically chauvinist fanservice. Guy without powers, human talents, brains or money is the most notorious criminal in galaxy and a pussy magnet.

This is fair. The only MCU in the same tier of Thor 2 shittiness is Incredible Hulk, but it at least has the campus field fight. Captain Marvel is a B- , in the same ballpark as Black Panther, and Guardians 2, and Dr Strange, and Ant-Man.

Something that bugged me about Carol compared to other Marvel Heroes (and many of the Villains) is her complete lack of emotional vulnerability. Tony has his need to control everything, Steve’s blind spot for Bucky, T’challa between torn between what Wakana wants and what he thinks is right, Quill just in general, stuff like that. All of them have that gap in their armor that makes them feel human. Maybe it was Brie’s acting, but really it just felt like her “flaw” was getting angry, but that just was always what she needed to do for everything to work? It just felt very artificial.

I'd just like to point out that had it been a male pilot testing the engine they would have survived and this whole thing avoided

and then i POOPED MY PANTS LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go party and meet some girls

Am I missing something about this Brie Larson adoration because she just comes across as a cunt every time I see her.

Attached: 1523925278651.jpg (264x292, 28K)

But she has always been a garbage character in the comics as well.

She's very trustful person. It kinda was not this obvious in movie where everyone was lying to her, but it really is her weakness.

is this the go to for every femanon? cuz man children seems to be the prerequisite to having a personality all together with them.

movie wise? common now, that's not true in the least.

having flaws is what makes good characters user. Not having them is signs of a poorly written one.

I dont see it, I feel she is very full of herself and a spoiled white chick.

you mean trusting person. It was only because she was brainwashed, right?
None the less she needs a part in her personality that gets her in trouble. Hopefully they give her that.

that is the problem with many MANY female characters. They lack a flaw. They are always written to either be damsels or flawless heroes. Having flaws is what makes you relate to characters.

>"So what do you like about Carol Danvers?"

Attached: uhh.png (607x282, 44K)

Captain Marvel reminds me of domestic abuse. From a storytelling point of view that is the basis of her character. God forbid you tell her no, or that she shouldn't, or can't do something. Anyone who has lived with someone prone to fits of mania or anger knows the constant dread that comes from that. Every conversation is tinged with the possibility that if you say or do the wrong thing you're going to get shouted at, insulted, and if they're in a particularly bad mood; attacked.

The extent she is given power in her origin movie is symbolically matched to her manic need to be the biggest dick in the room.

Examples:

>Training with Yon-Rog
>Loses repeatedly
>Hits him with an energy blast out of 'frustration'.

>Is challenged by fury that she might be a skrull
>blows up a music box to assert her dominance, because good forbid she explain herself

>fighting yon-rogg again this time with her greater powers
>he challenges her to a fight without her powers
>rather than accept the challenge and potentially lose, she blasts him away
>now she's asserted she's the biggest dick in the room again she shows 'mercy' and sends him away in his ship

Any time she shows anyone mercy in the film is followed directly after she's directly brutalised her enemies.

This is the main reason the film is a joyless experience. It's a cycle of abuse with a manic abuser for two hours. She literally cannot grow as a character until she becomes subservient to someone in some way.

That means:
>no romance
>no true friendship
>no true role as anything other than 'saviour'
>no 'surrogate mother' role

Just cold, bland, emotionless 'biggest dick in the room' carol.

the movie's deeply bigoted in a sexist way lol. lot of misandry triggers, like

>"You know why they call it a Cockpit.. Don't you?"

lot of emasculating male characters

>tfw Nick Fury's eye injury is now a joke

Funny enough you and OP are both correct.

Attached: aku.jpg (259x194, 12K)

Ant-man's movies are literally the worst MCU movies to date - even worse than Captain Marvel. The "protagonist" is a bumbling idiot who makes Homer Simpson look competent, Hank is a vindictive old asshole, and Janet gets even more SJW shit piled on her than Carol Danvers does, to the point that in the 2nd movie, she is given what is explicitly the superior micro battle-suit because her father's a dick and she's a woman, so she's got to be better than the male hero.

>You

Attached: 1VzG9AH.gif (400x300, 315K)

I would say that her stubborness, selfrighteousness and conviction of superiority are her flaws. The thing is, the first film put an emphasis on how these traits mostly work in her advantage, which is why a lot of people are getting this jarring, unsympathetic vibe from her. But I would also point out that I think Marvel movies in general have this thing of painting their characters in an inherently good light, in spite and because of their flaws. At their worst, they are just misguided, or putting their energy in the wrong ways and their character arc is usually about refocusing that in a more constructive direction, rather than fundamentally changing. That was Tony Stark's journey through the Phase 1 to a T - only in Age of Ultron and Civil War he went through significant growth, as he was forced to confront the consequences of his basic conduct and change his perspective accordingly. So I'd say that hopefully, Carol will go through a similar long game. I think we might just already see that in Endgame - as other user(s) pointed out, her smug confidence in the leaks is pretty clearly setting up not her giving Thanos a wedgie, but her getting her shit kicked in and eating some humble pie that Thor will have to pep talk off of her.

>Guy without powers
ok
>human talents
he's clever and charismatic
>brains
he was raised by redneck space pirates so he's not book smart but he makes pretty good plans
>or money
fair
>is the most notorious criminal in galaxy
that was never true
>and a pussy magnet
kind of I guess? but it's not like he's swimming in it, there was the girl at the beginning and gamora against her better judgement, also the sovereign lady I guess but she seemed more interested in his special genetic makeup than anything

>femanon
What the hell are you talking about? Quill absolutely has an unhealthy fixation with the trappings of his childhood because his mom died and he feels guilty over it. He's also extremely insecure which is why he tries to play mr cool guy so hard. Being a manchild is what makes him a good character, otherwise he'd just be goofball Han Solo.

>So I'd say that hopefully, Carol will go through a similar long game.
How?
Is she going to go from "Mary Sue" to "Mary Sue who kicks Thanos right in his Infinity Stones to save the day"?

Kinda serious question, if MCU wanted a Wonder Woman why didn’t they take a character that had already been in the cinematic universe and give her her own movie? A movie about Black Widow or Scarlet Witch would have been more interesting to me than bland air force girl power stuff with a cat.

That's the same question everyone else has been asking.

I must have missed everyone else’s posts.

Marvel solos have never spun out off Avengers/supporting cast. Black Panther and Spider-Man are an exception as their Civil War appearances served to lay groundwork for their own movies in the first place. No such thing was ever in the play for Black Widow or Scarlet Witch, even now, the BW movie is happening only because of ScarJo's pull and Feige delivering on a dried-up seven year old demand. And why didn't they do it first before Avengers? Because Ike Perlmutter thought that women won't sell movies.

Other than that, the reason for Carol is her power set (a heavy hitter counter to Wonder Woman) and position in the universe, that ties to the Cosmic Marvel they want to greatly expand in Phase 4 and further. Black Widow and Scarlet Witch more or less tread the same ground Captain America and Doctor Strange already cover.

How come Wonder Woman never had this problem?

>Other than that, the reason for Carol is her power set
Her power set is boring as shit, though.
She's a flying brick.
At least Thor has the whole Norse mythology thing going for him, and Iron Man has the whole technology aspect.

1. It was good.
2. The actor wasn't an insufferable cunt.
3. It wasn't setting itself up to ruin a movie people were previously looking forward to.

Counter-question: Why the fuck do people keep asking these stupid questions?
>UHH, I DON'T GET IT, WHY ARE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THESE PROBLEMS WITH CAPTAIN MARVEL, AND DIDN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THESE OTHER MOVIES THAT DIDN'T HAVE THESE PROBLEMS?!

This

>1. It was good.
Citation needed.
>2. The actor wasn't an insufferable cunt.
She's an Israeli soldier. She probably committed at least one war crime.
>3. It wasn't setting itself up to ruin a movie people were previously looking forward to.
But JL was ruined.

>Citation needed.
Pick whatever source you want, the consensus everywhere is that it was "good".
>She's an Israeli soldier. She probably committed at least one war crime.
I'm not exactly sure what this has to do with anything.
>But JL was ruined.
JL wasn't "ruined", it was simply bad from the start, and it wasn't Wonder Woman that made it bad.

Could Carol kill Thanos by 1000 years of pain?