Why the hell was this game a thing?

Why the hell was this game a thing?

Attached: aigs-sc006.png (545x409, 427K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kc5MGiSLAMI
youtu.be/nQJk8OhAGoM
youtube.com/watch?v=aqB3Cern6no
youtube.com/watch?v=c-bv60dThq4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Name of the game?

I always was never sure if it existed.

Whose fucking dick did Korath suck to land a video game appearance back then?

>Roster is
Captain America
Black Knight
Crystal
Thunderstrike
Korath
Doctor Minerva
Shatterax
Supremor

What a bizarre choice of characters for a fighting game.

Avengers: Operation Galactic Storm. Made by Data East, which did the Captain America and the Avengers arcade game.

Well the game is based on the Operation Galactic Storm comic storyline, so since he was introduced there, he showed up in this.

wtf I had no idea this existed

>Black Knight
>Thunderstrike
>Korath
>Doctor Minerva
>Shatterax
>Supremor
Who?

I can't tell if you're joking

It doesn't seem to have had a very wide arcade release, and there were no console versions.

For a game specifically based on the Galactic Storm storyline, those choices make sense, but the Shi'Ar faction are not represented at all.

It also had Galen Kor as a boss character, and 8 'assist characters'; Iron Man, Thor, Vision, Giant Man, Ronan the Accuser, Captain Atlas, Ultimus and the Kree Sentry.

>Data East
Holy shit...
Was a good dev

The other weird thing about this is it's a cross between early 90's Avengers and mid-90's Avengers. Eric Masterson was still Thor during Operation Galactic Storm, but here he's Thunderstrike and you can also pic Thor as an assist. Crystal, Black Knight, Giant-Man, and Vision are in their mid-90's looks. Cap and Thor still retain their classic looks and Iron Man is using the armor he actually wore in Galactic Storm.

That game had a banging soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=kc5MGiSLAMI

Yes, the real Thor isn't even in Galactic Storm, and Hank Pym wasn't Giant Man at the time, using Hawkeye as Goliath would have made more sense.

>No Binary
>No Shi'Ar

Attached: frus.png (363x728, 484K)

Looking at the wiki it says it got released in Japan in 1995, so I assume they took a year or two to make it? They were probably instructed to go with the then-current Avengers looks at the time.

Giant-Man (or Goliath?) Is an assist and appears in the form of a big hairy arm that smashes your opponent.

I miss pre-MCU Marvel games. More they're all shitty cash grabs modeled after the movies. Remember the Punisher PS2 game? Or the arcade game where player 2 was Nick Fury, and you fought that weird cyborg on tank treads?

Binary was only in an issue or two of the comics. Even if the game featured more Avengers, she would have been an assist character at most.

Here's full story mode: youtu.be/nQJk8OhAGoM

Don't forget the capcom marvel games before mvci

Speaking of, was I the only one who was triggered that Cap. America starting in the MVC3 and Infinite, Cap was playing second fodder to fucking Iron man and fucking Wolverine as the main lead representation of the marvel side? Alongside Spider-man who was replaced with Deadpool as the games poster mascot? I noticed for Capcom with Megaman in 3rd one(where he isn't even in the game), where Ryu and Dante snatched his company main status mascot away from him, and in infinite while he was a key player, it was a different version of the blue bomber and once more Dante got more sub plot attention than the actual main mascot who was just a rookie avenger to Tony as the main mcguffian. Hell Dante Dante helped land the killing blow on ultron sigma and it stood out more on par with cap marvel.

Dantes a killstealing spotlight hoggong Marty Stu ass authors darling, along with Ironman.

Poor cap, Spidey and Mega man. I guess they want to promo he the cool kids before the boyscouts.

The PS2 game is kind of a movie tie-in, Thomas Jane even voices the character.

Captain America was irrelevant in the 90's, why wouldn't Capcom use Wolverine as a flagship character instead?

He's not talking about the 90's games.

Wow, this sure was a good ol' autism explosion.

The partnership between Mahvel and Capcom starter with an X-Men fighter that evolved into a Street Fighter crossover. Why wouldn't Wolverine be the poster boy?
>Dante
>Marty Stu
Cringe

Attached: 1549476095415.png (534x520, 343K)

This game had a weird identity crisis going. It wanted to look like Killer Instinct but it wanted to sound and play like Capcom's two Marvel fighters at the time. Add to that a frankly unattractive roster and it's no wonder no one played it.

I don't know why they thought people would want half the roster to be a bunch of obscure alien villains. Hell, Black Knight, Crystal and Thunderstrike weren't exactly well known among non-readers either.

>>Korath
>Who?
heh

Binary is literally writing out Carol from the comics by making her too powerful to be usable. It didn't take.

Because they used C.America as the flagship in MvC1 and 2 when Wolverine was much bigger than Captain America? It's just kind of odd that MvC3 was when they suddenly decided to go by popularity.

That said, the previous user is wrong about Megaman. He was never pushed as Capcom's number 1 in Marvel vs Capcom. It was always Ryu... or Captain Commando, even (in the title screen, with him being paired with Spider-man - even though in the character selection screen Ryu was once again the number 1 for Capcom).

Attached: PA.17927.001.jpg (527x527, 105K)

This looks as ugly as Killer Instinct

I don't know if I like the way gambit is looking at roll

And look at how she looks at the viewer. She knows what's going on.

Gambit don't go where Gambit's not wanted.

I don't know if that'll hold up in court there remy

Gambit knows when a lady wants Gambit.

Man, Ikeno really drew Marvel characters better than 95% of the western artists. Didn't they say that he made a revolution on the west thanks to his style?

The Avengers game in the OP was created by a Jap developer too, dumb weeb.

Imagine the alternate universe where this game became the foundation of the beloved Marvel VS Data East series.

>Implying Data East is a US dev.
Holy shit, you born in your father's anus?

youtube.com/watch?v=aqB3Cern6no
>THE MIGHTY--

Not only that, but he's conflating sprites (or, well, prerendered 3D models) with promotional art.

The fuck do that have to do with my post?

When did I wrote this? Who is talking about game development?

I know we are all retarded around here, but to this level? Holy shit.

>Holy shit
Holy shit.

You quoted the OP...

Looks better than this
youtube.com/watch?v=c-bv60dThq4

I thought the pseudo live action cutscenes were kinda cool
Shit game regardless tho