Why did /pol/ get outraged over Captain Marvel but didn't get outraged over Wonder Woman?

Why did /pol/ get outraged over Captain Marvel but didn't get outraged over Wonder Woman?

Attached: captain_marvel__wonder_woman_by_arkenstellar-db9apiz.jpg (1022x781, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/"wonder woman"/type/op/order/asc/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/pol/ only gets mad at characters that would actually advance feminism.

Wonder Woman was good

How did Cheese advance feminism?

Wonder Woman was not as shit as Captain Marvel.
Gal Gadot is not an insufferable cunt.

Captain Marvel is actually good so it poses more of a threat

Attached: dianacarol.jpg (850x975, 190K)

they got really really upset about some old interview they didn't watch because people told them brie larson hates the most oppressed group of people in modern day america: gamers.

>t. /pol/faggot pretending that the board has a semblance of intelligence or prescience

>actually advance feminism
>only white women can save us

At a guess, because Wonder Woman has always been Wonder Woman, and Gadot's promotion of the movie didn't give them anything to work with. The facts that Carol Danvers has taken the identity of a male hero, and has been redesigned to strip away her femininity, combined with Larson's hostility to white males gave them much more to get angry about. Also, the MCU is the biggest movie franchise of our time, so anything it does is just going to get more attention than the DC movies.

Wonder Woman is a classic character with a lot of people who at least like the idea of her as a concept, Fem Captain Marvel as a blockbuster movie was a forced act of marketing (that worked). It's still beyond retarded to give it so much attention and so much of a shit, since they're supposed to be American Conservatives, who should be happy the film industry can support a literally who superhero. Disney gonna Disney.

No idea why WW was considered a feminist movie by normies. She is literally the only female character that matters

CM? Brie Larson went full white feminist, the promotion too. I suspect there is a “woke cut” because the sexism scenes look like clips from a more complete narrative, and there is nothing to affirm she had her “arm tied behind her back” her whole life. The international markets got them scared

It was marketed and promoted as a feminist movement film with a female director and all female crew, with a no men allowed private screening event

Neckbeardism and their attractive women.

Marvel pushed far too hard a movie they knew would be mediocre at best, and Brie Larson is just kind of a cunt.

There was non stop shitposting until about a week after the movie came out, it doesn't help that DCfags are also more vocal in their hate and if it's even a small bit justified it won't stop until mods step in.

the fuck you talking about.

they hated WW just as much as capt marvel.

gadot is a jew literally part of the IDF.
you guys are all fagots in desks at some sort of firm that heavily relies on social media.

not to mention the double standard between amazons in WW versus justice league.

WW was fun to watch in BvS, she wasn't a bitch faced cunt, she was punched by Doomsday and giggled because she's having fun as a superhero not trying to push some agenda.

there was also that case about all female showing of wonder woman to be unconstitutional or some shit.

Wonder Woman being a DC movie, at the time they assumed it would fail.

WW's a naive idealist.
Marvel's a sociopath.

We were all shocked by the fact that DC made an actual good movie. So people kinda forgot about the feminist agenda.

because Marvel is more popular than DC

Yeah. The WW marketing made it look like it was some Gloria Steinem abomination and neckbeards reacted accordingly

Things calmed once the movie turned out to be a set up, but feminists still claimed the movie was something it wasn’t

WW is a good character.

>you guys are all fagots in desks at some sort of firm that heavily relies on social media.
hah, as if i could actually get a job

;_;

Because since BvS there's been a narrative that DCEU movies are based and redpilled and /ourguys/ (while MCU is SJW propaganda for normies) and people don't tend to let facts interfere with narratives.

/pol/ didn't care about
>Black Widow
>Gamora
>Nebula
>Scarlet Witch
>Mantis
>Hela
>Dora Milaje (bald bitches in Black Panther)
>Wonder Woman
/pol/ did care about
>Heimdall
>Valkyrie
>Captain Marvel
>Aquaman
>Mary Jane

So it seems that /pol/ only really cares about a character if they get blackwashed, or in CM case if the actress wont shut her mouth on social media about bringing down white people.

She literally said one thing in a public appearance about there being a disproportionate proportion of white male critics, it's a far cry from never shutting up about bringing down the Man.
She's a dumb cunt but the people who took it out of context to fuel their little culture scuffle are as pathetic as the people making her a paragon of virtue for their side. She's one in a million of Hollywood liberals who put their feet in their mouths by trying to look like they are socially conscious.

>/pol/ faggot trying to pretend he didn't cry bitch tears about every single thing there and more.
Who fucking cares what color Heimdall is? Whiny cunts crying over it was annoying as Hell.

We were more angry about the media hype surrounding the movie than the movie itself. They couldn't just let it be a good (or bad) movie in and of itself, they HAD to push it as blatant SJW nonsense.

Huh? People were foaming at the mouth over Gadot, at least until the movie premiered.

Completely different from how Gal Gadot was made a women's ambassador to the UN before the movie came out.

Weren't people outraged when Wonder Woman had that women-only screening at the Alamo?

>We were more angry about the media hype surrounding the movie than the movie itself
So you were outragefag bitches, triggered to tears and needed a safe space?

Sounds about right.

One day we'll rise up and shut their disgusting roastie-mouths.

Attached: gamers.png (500x756, 333K)

Because they latched onto an interview where Brie says that the press circuit is overwhelming white and male. That's it. That's what this started whole stupid nightmare.

We're you not here that year? Because, /lol/ had a field day with an Israeli actress playing Wonder Woman.

>/pol/
/pol/ didn't give a shit

They did actually. It just blew over and nobody remembers it.

They shitstormed over BP too, I'd say it was argubly worse than what CM is getting now but everybody forgot about it

She wasn't even talking about CM either. It was fucking Wrinkle in Time. What people should have taken away from that was desperation to keep the bomb Wrinkle in Time in the public eye and not whatever it turned into

>They shitstormed over BP too, I'd say it was argubly worse than what CM is getting now but everybody forgot about it
I blame the youtubers. They weren't as organized with the fake outrage shit back for WW, but now they're ready for any stupid thing. They fuck themselves though, because even normal folk are learning to just tune them out. You can only cry "WHITE GENOCIDE!" at comic book movies so many times before non-retards stop even paying attention.

>She literally said one thing in a public appearance about there being a disproportionate proportion of white male critics
Hilarious how only around 10% of Male critics on RT gave it a a rotten score while over 20% of the female gave it a negative review.

Attached: ncteyvjeq8r01.png (1868x812, 1.48M)

>nightmare
Grow up.

Race-changing characters from history or mythology tends to get people angrier, as do movies and TV that pretend European nations had significant numbers of non-whites before the 20th century.

>Race-changing characters from history or mythology tends to get people angrier
So you'd be fine with a white James Bond, right?

Because Wonder Woman was an actual hero. Wonder Woman didn't need to tear anybody down to elevate herself up. She had an actual character Arc where she had to decide for herself whether or not being a hero with worth it. What's more she makes the world better just by being there. She turned a bunch of cynical soldiers dug in and stuck in one spot into a team of Heroes because she inspired them. When the sniper was breaking down because of his own weakness she took that time to encourage him rather than make herself look better. She genuinely believes in the good in people. I can see why girls want to be her and why men would want to be with her.

By comparison Captain Marvel is a cunt who is only a hero to prove that she can do it. Wonder Woman improves life around her. Captain Marvel is only around to stroke her own ego.

This has nothing to do with all the bitch whining before the movie came out. Just the bitches weren't as organized for Wonder Woman.

People were foaming at the mouth about Gadot because she was a mediocre actress in most prior films, and she was a stick woman playing an Amazonian princess.
She was able to turn opinions around once the movie came out.

Brea Larson being a total cunt, however, was never going to change. Didn't matter if the movie was a perfect 10 or lower than an Adam Sandler movie post-2005

They did.

Face it, Yea Forums really has become an alt-right website.

So, you;re upset they're not the same character?

>Brea Larson being a total cunt,
I love that "all the reviewers are white" makes her a cunt, even though that's just a fact.

At least we're not AS Alt-right as 8, amiright???

But then again, that's a pretty high bar.

Yes, all female characters should be the same.

>Why did /pol/ get outraged over Captain Marvel but didn't get outraged over Wonder Woman?

Because Wonder Woman was actually a decent movie.

They did get outraged though and at Black Panther too

>So you'd be fine with a white James Bond, right?

We're not Twitter or Tumblr, user, we're all fine with a white Bond.

The only "outrage" (if that's what you want to call it) was pretty much "GAL HAS THE BODY OF AN IRONING BOARD"-type comments. Nothing more.

You mean the one UN took down because feminists protested about Wonder Woman being a terrible role model for women for having a sexy body and wearing a skimpy costume?

I agree, I mean she had a point in the fact that maybe more diversity would be good but the way she said it was in a really abrasive way.

She also acts like she's supper oppressed but she's one of the many Hollywood elite and she lived a very privileged (although sheltered and weird) life. Also that one interview where she got offended because a guy complimented her deadlifting makes her come off as a cunt.

Disney realized that Faux outrage gets them clicks and is free advertising.

Yea Forums has always been anti-authoritarian and pro-shitpost. Go cry about it elsewhere, you failed abortion.

Because not everyone who disagrees with you is /pol/ and WW was a decent movie.

Yes, that one. Did you follow the reply chain to understand why that doesn't matter or were you just eager to correct someone?

You bet your ass they got mad about wonder woman, were you not here?

Probably. This is rewriting history at it's finest.

I think it's because Wonder Woman has been established as a feminist icon for several years and most people on Yea Forums grew up with that fact. Captain Marvel got a push in the early 10s that was part of a pretty blatant diversity push, and a new narrative was built in the marvel universe that she's the most powerful hero. She is their Superman. That combined with the rise of the MCU it was pretty obvious that she was being groomed as Disney's perfect PC character. All that development happened right in front of our faces and it was so artifical and corporate it's hard not to be skeptical.

Then Wonder Woman's movie came out first. And it was pretty solid. I know a lot of people on Yea Forums took issue with it because jews and feminism, but overall Yea Forums liked it. Because it was a good movie and we have known Wonder Woman to be a feminist superhero all of our lives. There was no misandry or bait feminism within the film. It was an established female character doing her thing. While the reception here wasn't universally great, people were suprised at how good it was.

Then Captain Marvel comes out with Brie. Yea Forums is already none too happy with CM herself because of how blatantly she's been pushed in the comics despite her clearly not being that big of a hit. And then Brie laid down the foundation to blame white males in case the movie failed by being a lot more aggressive. No matter how good the movie was people were determined to hate it, but even still it wasn't as good as Wonder Woman.

All in all, there is a lot of sexism and virtue signalling going around, but in the end it doesn't matter how good or bad the CM is compared to WW because Disney owns the general public.

I was eager to correct someone. My assholesh nature compels me.

>All in all, there is a lot of sexism and virtue signalling going around, but in the end it doesn't matter how good or bad the CM is compared to WW because Disney owns the general public.
I'm glad I just skipped to the end to see you say "don't @ me!". Why bother typing so much if you clearly don't care about a discussion?

Brie has been fine. Stop making shit up.

>but didn't get outraged over Wonder Woman?
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/"wonder woman"/type/op/order/asc/

Another thing is that in the opening weekend domestic, 60% of audiences were males, so yeah the whole "outrage" was truly small if at all. I bet the ones who got upset were people who were already made up on not checking out the movie even before she said those words.

Wonder Woman is not a cunt without redeeming virtues.

>I love that "all the reviewers are white" makes her a cunt, even though that's just a fact.
She's not a cunt for stating facts. She's a cunt for misattributing facts to further her agenda. She says most of the people who will review her money are white guys, but she's leaving out the fact that marvel movies sans Black Panther are targeted at white guys.

>The facts that Carol Danvers has taken the identity of a male hero
I don't think that counts, she's not the first one to do it. The fact is there's already been other people taking that mantle before and Carol, being the blandest one, was the one that got a relentless push even though there's been nothing that actually makes her stand out on her on besides being a female.

Wonder Woman didn't demean her male side characters.
Her and Steve were treated as equals and they respected and complemented each other.

The Captain Marvel film has completely demystified and neutered Nick Fury.

Anther good example of it being done wrong would be the 2009 animated Wonder Woman movie which was good overall but made Trevor a frat boy dude bro to make Diana look better and above him. They even had him try and get Diana drunk and other weird shit like Diana teaching a little girl to stab her male friends just because they wouldn't let her play sword fighting.

Attached: 1552199549373.gif (245x168, 1001K)

spbp

When did this board became reddit?

Wonder Woman is actually an alright character in the comics and can actually have something good done with her.

Carol Danvers is just an unlikable fascist with zero personality who does nothing but make horrible decisions. Also it can not be stated enough how fucking awful Brie Larson seems to be as a person, especially compared to Gal Gadot.

They hate Disney which leads to MCU hate

>You mad?
I'm mad that this is only drawn from the waist up. I wanna see Diana plant her stake on Carol's plot.

They did.

That wasn’t on her or the studio though. It was just one theater that made that decision

It is completely weird that a total comic outsider like Jenkins gets Wonder Woman more right than the majority of DC writers and animators

What's the best place to look for more hot fanart asking for a friend

They absolutely got outraged over Wonder Woman, what are you talking about?

>Whiny cunts crying over it was annoying as Hell.
You're telling me.

Attached: a11.jpg (540x699, 58K)

Who fucking cares? Stop making these types of threads; this isn't about cartoons or comics, this is a shitty sociology thread about what retards on the internet like.

Attached: 1529522712450.jpg (544x315, 77K)

Yeah, about misattributing facts, the thing she said about white guys being the majority reviewing her movie was about A Wrinkle In Time, a film that didn't have white males as the target audience. Amazingly, that little bit is ignored because otherwise how can you get super mad about the nasty lady white genociding.

>But you're from Africa!
>Yeah... South Africa.

Yea Forums is currently very pro the current authority.

Were you not here for Wonder Woman? Are you some sorta newfag?

Come on mods OP didn't even try to
mask the thread.

>I don't think that counts, she's not the first one to do it. The fact is there's already been other people taking that mantle before

In the comics, yes. In the MCU, they've ignored everyone else and gone straight to Carol. Fans of Mar-Vell and Monica are all angry about it. Mar-Vell's original storyline is basically Avatar for white people, /pol/ would have loved it.

and that's considering that our current Wonder Woman is an actual JEW who served in the IDF

I do.

Not foaming at the mouth. Just wishing she had some muscles and tits.

>has become

newfag cancer detected

Attached: 000C143F-1A3D-4D47-855F-1DDB8368FFD7.jpg (400x279, 29K)

>Aquaman

don't think i saw anyone bitching about momoa

There was some dogwhistling about how he "doesn't look like Aquaman!" "better dye his hair blonde." then Justice League came out and he was the 2nd best thing in that movie, so people shut up and moved on to bitching about Amber Heard being an evil succubus and woe to poor Johnny Depp, who only wants to phone in performances and wear weird hats.

>Yea Forums really has become an alt-right website.
and that's a good thing

Attached: 15091829607480.jpg (480x637, 73K)

>anti-authoritarian
>suck the president's dick every day

if Thanos is Shin then Stark is Principal Enzo and Rogue is Uma

don't know about /pol/ but people did throw a shit fit before WW come out and now they are pretending like they had done no such thing.

To be fair to Trevor in that movie, he does call out Diana being a misandrist in that movie and the narrative in the movie does show he’s right for doing so.

/pol/ cared a lot about Black Panther
There are some people who bitched and I think DC wanted to redraw Aquaman into looking like Momoa, with the writer for the series claming
>A white blond man can't be opressed

When?

>Captain Marvel
>Good

Get out of here shill

Those are some child bearing hips on Danvers.

Whoever is president at any time doesn't control culture. People are rebelling against the culture, against the media and entertainment industry that shape and perpetuate it, not something as temporary as individual leaders and politicians.

When she’s in the hospital and berates him for saving her and starts to go into a typical man speech before Trevor cuts her off and calls her out.

Why do you keep posting this?

WW was good, CM was not. Brei Larson was a horrible person to work with, and kept demanding shit

They did get outraged over Wonder Woman. Gal won a lot of them over by being cute and non-controversial, but there were tons and tons of "stick not my Wondy" and "I hate Jews".

And a lot of the shit with CM is "women already have WW!"

I guess they didn't have that "argument" before WW came out.

What do you mean "pretend" there was significant number of non whites before the 20 the 20th century? Of course there was. Ever heard of the holy roman empire or persian empire?

Carol looks like the Joker in this image.