St. Patrick’s Day here in Springfield where everyone is a little bit Irish, except for the gays and the Italians

>St. Patrick’s Day here in Springfield where everyone is a little bit Irish, except for the gays and the Italians
I don’t get it

Attached: E0F02946-7C42-45B0-A1B2-5DA9869FC863.jpg (580x450, 32K)

Gays drink fruity drinks and Italians drink wine. St Patrick's Day is a beer holiday.

Not OP but I never clocked it was a dig at their drinking habits, huh.

Anybody else get the green beer?

Attached: zGreen-Beer-Mug-St-Patricks-Day-Invitations.jpg (414x630, 167K)

>beer
Give me a whiskey on the rocks.

Attached: 379328.jpg (640x480, 52K)

Ironic you would use an image where Homer is literally reacting to a lack of beer.

This was one episode that never really clicked with me for some reason.

Gays aren't allowed in a lot of St. Patrick's Day parades, and the Irish and Italians were once seen as being rival groups since they were the lower class immigrants and often competed for the same shitty working class jobs.

>and the Irish and Italians were once seen as being rival groups since they were the lower class immigrants and often competed for the same shitty working class jobs.

With "working class jobs" you mean Mafia?

Then answer me this: what kind of pet shop is full of rambunctious yahoos and hot jazz music at 3am?

I'm not well versed in the history of organized crime, but I dunno, a little? Crime families might have been formed in relation to the kind of shit work that Italians would be lucky to get.

Do you got any of that beer that has candy floating in it? Y'know, Skittlebrau?

Such a thing does not exist, sir. You must have dreamed it.

>Not Irish travellers, Northern Irish and Polish

Missed a good joke there, Al Jean

As an Italian growing up, I always thought it was because Italian americans celebrate St. Josephs day on March 19th, and it always gets overshadowed by St. Patricks day.

He wasn't involved with Season 8.

yeah I assumed it was one of those "Everybody does christmas except jews" thing
where like everyone enjoys irish-themed shit except a few people who have specific beefs with the irish

howcome everyone starts talking about and celebrating st patty's day several days before it actually happens?

alcohol and americans of irish descent who aren't in touch with their ancestry the other 364 days of the year like to brag about it.

they did have an episode where the northern irish clash with the regular irish

>tfw Irish/Italian

Attached: 1546984196120.gif (294x220, 1.01M)

Yeah fine, I mean Christmas lasts 5 months, point is we have words like "Christmas eve" and shit
this is st patrick's day eve eve.

The best damn pet shop in town.

Because I can't get drunk enough on a fuckin' Sunday? I got to work on Monday and I'm not 16 anymore

Sounds like you're a pussy boy, who can't handle work life balance or his liquor

Being gay was illegal in Ireland for a long time
Italy is jealous that the Irish got a fucking parade and they got nothing

Not that hard to understand