2019...I am forgotten

Attached: B447F208-9DE1-47CD-8349-F1A8AF0F89BF.jpg (600x909, 159K)

>1995
>Anti-establishment girl power, feminist and lesbian icon
>2015
>Patriarchal and misogynistic objectifying portrayal of the female body

times change grandpa

>lesbian icon
She had a fucking kangaroo boyfriend

I'm still reading

Attached: Tank Girl - Action Alley 001-000a.jpg (2007x3047, 1.5M)

The 90's were a different time.
Anything counterculture used to latch onto and adopt anything else counterculture.

Lesbians adopting Tank Girl had an additional bonus, since she was a hetero character they wouldn't be charged with "promotion of homosexuality" which was illegal at the time in the UK.

didn't Neil Gaiman put a decent amount of homosexuals in sandman?

like i remember a story where the kid of a lesbian couple dies and the fat one makes a deal with literally Death and then the black guy dies because of course he does

The UK is very strange about upholding some laws and laws like this were only used to charge someone with something (anything) to stop them rocking the boat.
Inclusion of homosexual characters wasn't the same as promotion of homosexuality.
Neil could write about whatever characters he wanted, but once people started using the likenesses of those characters in a pride parade it became illegal. However unlikely it was that charges would be pressed to silence them, they still by law 'could' be pressed.
Hence the very counterculture Tank Girl being an officially hetero character adopted to get around that.

This and hewligans haircut are still one of my favourite comics.

Hewlett is a fun guy in RL too, met him a few times.

Shame the movie sucked. [Spoiler]just kidding, i liked it, but i also like pauley shore !movies and MCU so probably not brst person to listen too.[/spoiler]

Is he based or cringe?

Pretty based. But i only spoke to him for maybe 5 minutes each time. He remembered me the second time despite being like a year.

What did he say?

In general? Just spoke about tank girl and working on gorillaz with Damon Albarn. Apparently Albarn is in charge of the narrative for the most part now (circa 2015/16)

He also recommended me some writers and artist (mostly Brits, a surprising amount from 2000ad archives).

Hes also not a major cape fan, but dont know if thats because i said i wasn't huge on capes and preferred 'indie' stuff.

the only thing memorable about tank girl was her movie

this was before i was woke to social engineering

I'll never forget it, I even have the first album in print (as it appeared in my country)

I'm still reading and buying Tank Girl comics. Only book i'm currently enjoying, desu.

I love Tank Girl comics. A part of me wishes Hewlett didn't give it up for Gorillaz, but whatever. Plastic Beach is one of my favourite albums. She's got more popular expies though (e.g nu-Harley and Jinx come to mind.

I hardly ever think about Tank Girl anymore. It feels weird it didn't make a bigger impact on my life. I stopped reading probably about five years ago. Just wasn't doing it for me anymore.

Maybe I'll try to pick it back up.

>2019...I am forgotten
Do you want CalArts Tank Girl? I don't.

You should. As long as you don't take the current run seriously, you'll enjoy it. Then again, when has Tank Girl ever been serious...

God I wanna fuck her raw STIs and all. The movie is really fucking fun if you're high.

Jet Girl > Tank Girl
t b h