Since there's finally a decent superhero movie with a female lead will people finally admit Wonder Woman was a complete...

Since there's finally a decent superhero movie with a female lead will people finally admit Wonder Woman was a complete shit show?
It's so bad I cannot comprehend why people think it's even watchable

Attached: wonder_woman_whv_keyart.jpg (1417x2100, 2.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel2017b.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No because while the plot was meh and all over the place Gal Gadot was a way more likable character.

Carol is a murderer

And yet it has a higher Rotten Tomatoes score both by critics and audiences.

I thought we all agreed to that when the first Captain Marvel trailer dropped?

At the box office

Attached: 1552640016204.jpg (617x535, 91K)

>still trying to shill Captain Fungus Toe

I can’t wait for Disney to buy out more theaters

Attached: B708BF65-2738-48E9-83C8-95815B694F8A.png (1440x2880, 701K)

Wonder woman is the best female superhero movie and that doesn't mean much. It's like winning the special Olympics.

While Gadot was probably the best thing about her movie (by default only) and Larson was one of the worst things in her movie, both were really just meh-level so they're the same
No reason to care about them except the fact they had vaginas

Didn’t it drop 70%?

Nah, Brie’s garbage as she always was, Gal’s got too much class to be compared to that trainwreck

Tell me what other female superhero deserves their own movie

>Believing a story from user

She Hulk

"Wonder Woman" is a much better movie AND is faithful to the comics to a bigger degree.

93 > 79

Hilary Clinton

Tell me how Wonder Woman is good in anyway?
At least Captain Marvel isn't severely bogged down like WW was

How much does Disney pay you?

They were unfortunately both shit with terribly cast lead actors whom ironically needed male supporting characters to carry the movie

Attached: 422016C4-BAB9-4DB5-8C1C-5893B86E2795.png (2548x1492, 1.39M)

Less than DC pays you since I only think CM is okay
It's definitely better than WW

Better action, better acting, better story, better setting, better drama, and has an actual better romance. Plus Chris Pine.

Captain Marvel is a boring plank of wood that makes Cavill look charismatic and her movie was long and slow. Not to mention they ruined The Winter Soldier (a good movie) by retconing one of it’s emotional and brilliant scenes by saying LOL IT WAS A CAT SCRATCH SO WACKY SMACKY XD. It was shit on every level.

Likeable protagonist, great love interest, main villain with well developed views, good supporting cast, funny

Neither was all that faithful. Wonder Woman’s plot had Ares kill all of the old gods and The Amazons never thank any of them except Zeus for some reason, while Captain Marvel is a mishmash of decades of nonsensical origins making Skrulls blameless refugees

Tell me how Captain Marvel is good in anyway? Is it the shitty CGI? The meme cat? Mar-Vell being a STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER? The bad fights? The soundtrack from a Youtube playlist?

Why are you guys taking sides when you know fully well that both movies were misfires and missed opportunities?

>Wonder Woman’s plot had Ares kill all of the old gods and The Amazons never thank any of them except Zeus for some reason
A minimum change. "Winder Woman" is more faithful to the comics than any other CB franchise.

DC and Marvel, dude

>Better action
Was there even a good action sequence in WW?
The stuff on the beach maybe?
The third act was insufferably bad

>better acting
From who?
All the male actors sucked in WW especially Chris Pine

>better story
This is the biggest problem for me. WW had way too many topics and covered none of them well at all

>better setting
This is one of the problems with the story
It didn't cover the tragedy of war or anything associated with the time period
CM didn't really do anything with their time period but least didn't butcher the 90's

>better drama
>has an actual better romance
You're just listing bullshit

>Likeable protagonist
Neither movie has one
>great love interest
Fuck no
>main villain with well developed views
I might give you this one
>good supporting cast
Fuck no
>funny
I can't even remember anything funny from it

Captain Marvel is just fine but at least it's not a Snyderesque garbage fire

Killing the old gods is fucking minimal to you? Eat a dick, dumbass

So, you liked the meme cat that much? Or was it Mar-Vell being a STRONK FEMALE CHARACTER?

Compared to Mar-Vell being a woman, Carol Danvers being a Kree soldier without memories whose powers come from the Space Gem and Skrulls being refugees that have never done wrong, yes, Ares killing the Gods is minimal.

Yes by saying the movie was okay means I loved the stupid cat and the genderbent Mar-Vell
I love every aspect of the movie that's why I think it's just okay

This shitty sarcasm doesn't work when you open a thread to praise the movie, retard.

>Carolfags

Attached: 5B5CE9A5-8594-4C02-BBDB-77E6BECE48D5.png (640x435, 362K)

When is saying a movie was decent high praise?

Here.

/r/marvel and /r/marvelstudios

Go. People there will be estatic to agree with you that no one should like Wonder Woman now that they have dindu nothin Skrulls, meme cat and genderbent Mar-Vell. You will even gain a hundred of internet points.

Both are shit but Captain Marvel is a few tiers shittier

>All the male actors sucked in WW especially Chris Pine

Attached: 1437285341153.jpg (206x212, 32K)

I wouldn't mind a Zatanna flick.

Nah

Why would you trust them to do a good job especially after they've already fucked up characters like Black Canary

Attached: 1549502878802.jpg (1284x1486, 227K)

Zatanna is boss.

Huntress could work, get the mob angle going strong.

It was an enjoyable and well made movie save for the Final Boss aspect, which has more to do with superhero films and what WB has been doing of late in that arena than anything else.

>the plot was meh and all over the place
The plot was fine up until last third of the movie.

sure Jan

>All the male actors sucked in WW especially Chris Pine
Chris Pine did a fantastic job.
>This is the biggest problem for me. WW had way too many topics and covered none of them well at all
Stopping humans from destroying themselves and finding out about human nature, both things got fully covered
>It didn't cover the tragedy of war or anything associated with the time period
Wonder Woman faced several Soldiers suffering from the war and saw an entire village being massacrated
>Neither movie has one
Nah, Diana was very likeable
>I can't even remember anything funny from it
Etta Candy was hilarious

Captain Marvel is so bad that it makes me defend Wonder Woman

Attached: Galgalgot.jpg (204x236, 18K)

Pull your head outta your ass the movie was pretty good. If it had been an MCU film in would be considered one of the better ones. In the top 5-10 range

Wondy is 2/3 good and then the ending goes to shit.

I was bored by the first and third act of Carol's movie but enjoyed a lot of the middle with Fury and Talos.

I honestly hope you're a troll. If not you are fucking brain damaged.

The fact that Wonder Woman's character is not generic as Carol Danvers is a start. Captain Marvel is just plan awful on a cinematic scale. I've seen the movie, it is fucking awful lazy pandering. The hype is coming from the likes of soiboi white men and marveldrones trying to give the mouse gud boi points for pretending we haven't had actual strong female protags in the past.

Gadot was the worst part of the movie, what the fuck you talking about? She can't act for shit, any time she did ANY acting it was complete cringe. The only thing she was good at is posing in a costume

I know Brie Larson can act. She was just given garbage material. Gadot was given some fine material and she still can't act without Chris Pine holding her hand.

What the fuck are you talking about? Wonder Woman is only slightly better because Diana wasn't a robot for the whole movie, but both had a surprisingly good plot executed badly.
>Instead of some moral greyness, the Kree are outright bad guys.
>Instead of some moral greyness, Diana slaughters german soldiers.

Yeah, on a fucking Monday, while it recovered right on the Tuesday. Besides, it's the weekends what counts, most people don't go to the movies during the work week. Just look at how Black Panther behaved, it dropped hard after the opening weekend all throughout the following week and recovered right away: boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel2017b.htm

I swear this the strongest case of grasping at straws I've seen just to try and "prove" you were right.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-15 Captain Marvel (2019) - Daily Box Office Results - Box Office Mojo.png (834x499, 45K)

it was a fine movie completely ruined by its ending

Believing the word of The Mouse over a hard working everyman.

>If it had been an MCU film in would be considered one of the better ones
If it had been a MCU film it would have been their worst one
Easily

Wonder Woman was fine. Not great or awful, just fine. It followed a simple formula.

I've not seen CM but I hear it's also just another formulaic cape movie, nothing to write home about either way. All the shitposting I've seen hasn't even been about the movie, but rather Brie herself. At least here, people don't seem to passionately like or dislike it at all.

I would argue that being forgotten is worse than being hated, though

> over a hard working everyman
... with an agenda of his own.
Funny how box office reports works for pretty much every movie except THIS one where people decided to hate it months in advance.
Not to mention it would be fraudulent (and a complete money sink to pull) just to... What? Prove people on the internet?

It wasn't a COMPLETE shitshow, but Gadot was clearly the weakest part of the movie, and you could tell that the writers and cast were working around her acting abilities. That said, they still managed to make it work.

Captain Marvel on the other hand, is the live-action equivalent of Michigan J. Frog.

>finally admit Wonder Woman was a complete shit show?
LMAO we always knew that
no one gives a fuck about the rat jewess
/thread

And r/comicbooks. Most of those fucks don’t even read comics and just jerk to whatever the MCU says to jerk to

I recently noticed the buyout of most theatres when Thor:Ragnarok came out. I remember it was 5/6 theatres that were rented out and one local movie. In a week. Same thing today with CM.