So we're just gonna forget how shit Vol 2 was?

so we're just gonna forget how shit Vol 2 was?

fucking forced laughing.

Attached: 1530741597409.jpg (2560x1743, 937K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2a0wWtnJA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

At least it wasn't Captain Marvel or Black Panther. They were boring as fuck. I was at least entertained by this movie.

This is true, it wasn't that bad. But it was a step down from the first.

Aside from LOL TASERFACE and the scene with baby Groot getting things going way too long, I thought it was perfectly fine. No major issues. Solid, entertaining flick.

>fucking forced laughing.
More like fucking forced bait. The movie was fine, fuck you.

Loved this movie. Mary Poppins best Poppa.
OP can eat a bag of dicks.

I liked 2 more than 1, and I genuinely don't get the hate for it. It had a much better defined narrative in my opinion. Ego was a good villain and his fuck up was consistent with his character's extreme narcissism. The Nebula/Gamora connection was done well, and Rocket's arc was good too, and Yondu's end was done well. And of course you had the others there to bring the jokes, which I'm sorry didn't land for you. It's an action comedy after all.

>Doesn't like kino
youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2a0wWtnJA

Both the GotG films were shit.

Forced contrarianism is worse.

Do you enjoy being a contrarian shit?

ha ha you both said doody

I was initially disappointed, but I rewatched it and it's a good movie.

It's just nowhere near as good as the masterpiece that is GotG 1.

Nah, it was pretty great

It’s my favorite MCU movie desu

It's equal with the 1st. Both are great.
Both have one notable flaw each which keeps them from being on par with Winter Soldier & Civil War.
With 1 it's Ronan being a weak villain.
With 2 it's the bathroom humor & beating 3 jokes into the ground.

Best 3rd act/final battle & emotional work of the Mcu outside of Infinity War.

Score is god tier in places (yondu's death, "you can not deny the purpose the universe has be bestowed upon you")

I'm so fucking angry they didn't let Gunn direct Thor 3, he did what Tiki fucker was going for, 100 times better.

What's wrong with Ronan? He's just Darth Vader.

Better than vol. 1 by a mile.

>THIS MOVIE WAS SHIT
>I didn't mind it actu-
>OH LOOK WHO CANT STAND THEIR PRECIOUS MOVIE BEING CRITICISED!

What do you want, people to blindly agree with you or discuss and debate your points? Because if it's the former an echo chamber like Reddit may be more your speed.

This is in top 3 marvel movies

He is cool but he is just another generic tyrant like Malekith.
It's specifically annoying for Ronan as he was a really complex character in the comics.
They had a chance to give him tragic backstory & depth in Captain Marvel and instead fucked off like cowardly cunts.

Because everything else was so faithful to the comics, right?

Not everyone needs "muh wife is ded" backstories. He's a warlord. A regular person whose goals oppose that of the heroes.

>They had a chance to give him tragic backstory & depth
what tragic backstory? what depth? he's another warmonger kree asshole

Sorry user I cant hear you over the long series of pop songs.

Attached: fuck you Gunn.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

>btw Peter I gave your mother a toomah with my cosmic toomah giving powers, now you have to get mad at me so we can have a third act.

Attached: 1527602192460.png (194x259, 75K)

No it's top capeshit, gorgeously rendered and emotional, only complaint is Drax was annoying

>You thought you were getting Star Wars? Too bad; we Star Trek now

this is the most kino scene in the mcu

This shouldn't get me as much as it does since Quill is a retard, but scenes like this make me love him anyway.

TASERFACE XDDDD

Attached: c77.jpg (644x800, 35K)

No, Vol 2 was worse than Vol 1, not shit in relation to all the other capeshit out there.

It was basically which is more than fucking Age of Ultron or whatever

Ronan was never a complex character. In the pre-2000s stuff he was a straight up powermongering villain. Giffen and DnA tried to make him slightly more nuanced by essentially making him Space Dredd but that hardly made him complex, and that shit they tried to force with Crystal was fucking laughable.

I personally thought playing up Quill's mommy issues was the best decision they could have made for his character since they didn't want to start him as a veteran hero like he was in the Giffen/DnA stuff. Adding a touch of Starhawk to his origin to skip the astronaut stuff was also neat.

Gamora was fine, more like Starlin's than anything but with more angst about Thanos than she ever had. With Drax Gunn just decided to make him autistic instead of outright retarded like the 90s era version.

Rocket and Groot they changed the most, but I think it was necessary to make Rocket mean and bitter about his uplifting because it helps the audience take him seriously. The team needed some kind of moral compass and making it Groot was interesting because he can't be a mouthpiece for it. The team mostly ignores him until the end when he proves his worth by sacrificing himself.

I'm not disputing your point, Gunn definitely changed the characters significantly, but I thought most of the changes were extrapolated or subverted from traits that were already there in the comics, and ultimately served to really bring out the chemistry between the characters.

Yeah but remember when the mcu movies were action movies witb sosomsosome funny moments? Why did we let that die?

it was great

It was great aside from the two or three forced jokes. Best ending scene in the mcu

Taserface joke was so forced and not even THAt funny, I agree, it was also a weird thing that James Gunn fixated on too.

There's an old interview after vol. 1 was out where he mentions that character, which he encountered while reading Valentino's GotG run, and he's laughing at the name and saying how that character is ridiculous and he would never include him in the movies (but I guess he changed his mind).

Also the character was created by Jim Valentino's then 5 year old son Aaron Valentino, and the character actually could tase you with his face. Not not to mention the character only uses Taserface for a little while and changes his name to Overkill because Valentino thought the original name was dumb.

Of course the character was ridiculous, he was made by a five year old and Gunn pretty much took that to a big screen and took the only interesting and amusing factor to the character so the joke was pretty shitty.

Attached: Don't tase me bro.jpg (500x627, 187K)

I was one of the few people that really, really disliked GOTG1 and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed GOTG2. It was way better in terms of theme, character development, narrative etc.

The only shitty thing is that there a couple of moments where the humor noticeably undercuts the emotions of a given scene.

>I personally thought playing up Quill's mommy issues was the best decision they could have made for his character since they didn't want to start him as a veteran hero like he was in the Giffen/DnA stuff. Adding a touch of Starhawk to his origin to skip the astronaut stuff was also neat.

That's pretty much similar to his origin though, he was a mysterious cosmic Jesus birth and then his mother gets killed by aliens and Peter obsessed over her death. Later on they added that he was half alien from his father's side. The only change Gunn did was making his mother died of cancer (while also taking the revenge factor) and he was abducted (hence skipping the astronaut stuff).

Also starting Peter like a jaded Space Veteran is not that appealing as much as seeing him become that, especially with what happened in Infinity War which sets a perfect point for taking him towards that direction and giving him guilt not just for Gamora's death but for his screw up with Thanos. Seeing the character grow and change and experiencing that pain with him is what would make the audience sympathize with him and like him more. Same thing with Rich, people want Rich to appear as this gruff fourty something year old (which he never was) war hero but Rich didn't start that way not even in Annihilation. In Annihilation: Nova and Prologue he's been Nova for awhile but he's not hardened and it isn't until the actual Annihilation event that we see him be that. Also he's not an old guy, if anything he's a young guy who had to grow up fast in a war setting (he's 21 when Annihilation happens and he's only been Nova for five years).

This. My issues with GOTG2 were:

The absolutely awful forced laughter of Rocket and Drax.

Making Drax stupid instead of Naive.

The awful forced dialogue between Rocket+Yondu and Gamora+Nebula.

All of the character growth and connection of the first film being thrown out the window (Gamora being a dick to Peter, Rocket being an unnecessary asshole)

Literally every single emotional moment in the movie has a cheap and bland “haha ebin quip” thrown in

Too much focus on baby groot. (The push the button thing profoundly awful)

Just rewatched Guardians 1 and it’s leagues ahead of Guardians two. Hopefully Gunn understands he has something to prove with the final film.

>That's pretty much similar to his origin though
Yeah that's what I was trying to say, Gunn took something that in the comics was really just an excuse to get the character to space (resolved/handwaved away with a little vision quest at the end of his first appearance) and expounded upon it as a central aspect of the character. I think that was really smart and provided a good hook for the audience to latch onto despite it being unfamiliar to people who only read the Giffen/DnA stuff.

>The only change Gunn did was making his mother died of cancer
This was smart too because it brought the character down to Earth while getting him to space more quickly. I'd wager more people know what it's like to lose a loved one to illness rather than violent crime. Though in a way an alien still did kill his mother, it just wasn't with a laser gun.