Is there any saving the simpsons or is it just impossible at this point and it should of just died long ago?

Is there any saving the simpsons or is it just impossible at this point and it should of just died long ago?

Attached: 6A8CE0F1-933C-4CD9-9F47-866E17FCD9AA.jpg (1628x1085, 305K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9LtT0xZ11wM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If they had to kill one member of The Simpsons to finally end it who should it be?

You two already know the answers to those questions

you are going to post the shitty copypasta aren't you?

There's nothing saving the Simpsons because it's ultimately a pretty dated scenario now. Sure, the good seasons are timeless and the characters are iconic, but the show is a product of the 90s. It used to connect with people of all ages, but it seems to now more than ever just target the 30-50 year-old people that still tune in. It struggles with relevancy every new season, and has expensive production because everyone involved is ancient and overpayed.
The same can be said even more for Family Guy. It started as a parody of 80s-90s sitcoms, but with an edgy twist. Every reference the old seasons made have aged terribly, and the show itself is basically a parody of its former self. Who is it even for now? I'm thoroughly convinced that Family Guy is primarily targeted at children and retard frat boys.

What subreddit was this pasted from?

>I'm thoroughly convinced that Family Guy is primarily targeted at children and retard frat boys.
well that was always true.

>Is there any saving the simpsons

Attached: no948.jpg (1920x1080, 184K)

>(Family Guy) started as a parody of 80s-90s sitcoms, but with an edgy twist.
So did The Simpsons.

>retarded frat bros
>tfw when my brother used to go on netflix and just leave family guy ona basic 24/7 stream even when he would leave the house he would still leave it playing and just go back and rewatch the episodes when he got the chance

The hell does this even mean? Should I have added a Sneed reference or something?

>but it seems to now more than ever just target the 30-50 year-old people that still tune in
What does that even mean.

>and has expensive production
They cut way down on the budget which is why the animation is crap now, the episodes are only 20 minutes, and Alf Clausen got canned.

Nobody but Nielsen boxes watches the Simpsons now.

They had to cut budget on animation because of the fact that the actors are over payed. They each get a couple hundred thousand an episode, from what I recall. Most of the money going into Simpsons and Family Guy is to pay the actors.

There's that and the fact that the show isn't making that much money from ad revenues or merch sales anymore.

That's true. Simpsons was such a merchandise powerhouse for like 10-15 years but I see nothing for it anymore.

They need to start dealing with realistic problems in offbeat ways, and mix that with childhood POV and shenanigans. Oh, wait.......

I only know one truth.

Attached: I_only_know_one_truth.jpg (826x720, 105K)

>should of

Hasn't it always been claimed that Fox believe if they end the show, they won't be able to sell Simpsons merch?

The last piece of Simpsons merch I specifically remember seeing was a doggy chew toy at the grocery store. Which is pretty fitting for what the show is worth now.

SAVING...the show has like 20 years worth of unwatchable episodes.

Well more like 12-14.

the simpsons went from cutting edge and edgy in the first 3/4 seasons to the most blandest safest cartoon ever, I've been edgier shit from garfield

>Is there any saving the simpsons
Make the show focus on Sneed

remember when the simpsons used to be like an actual cartoon?
youtube.com/watch?v=9LtT0xZ11wM