James Gunn to do GOTG 3

James Gunn to do GOTG 3

deadline.com/2019/03/james-gunn-reinstated-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-disney-suicide-squad-2-indefensible-social-media-messages-1202576444/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Attached: Gunn.png (605x406, 476K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gGY1J9XTXuw
youtube.com/watch?v=iLC-tHvkNvI
variety.com/2019/film/news/dave-bautista-dune-reboot-1203101834/
youtube.com/watch?v=LfOSGrhIDK8&t=98s
youtube.com/watch?v=W5moUUFhmZM
youtube.com/watch?v=NrI-UBIB8Jk
youtube.com/watch?v=3MMMe1drnZY
youtube.com/watch?v=5wPEiaFT1-M
youtube.com/watch?v=-d0OxSVS4QM
youtube.com/watch?v=O_5NwVy8L5M
youtube.com/watch?v=WgoudqUTJuY
twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1106633508657651712
youtube.com/watch?v=PXUF25P0D_w
twitter.com/rejectedjokes/status/1106633899055046657
fox19.com/story/8083860/ohio-man-facing-charges-for-having-sex-with-a-picnic-table/
youtube.com/watch?v=b9Yccnm_EDo
youtube.com/watch?v=phjXoYqYE2U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>EXCLUSIVE: Redemption and second chances have long been superhero movie staples, and today it looks like life has imitated art. I’ve learned that Disney has reinstated James Gunn as the writer-director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and I’ve confirmed it with Marvel and Gunn’s camp.
>The decision to rehire Gunn –he was fired last July by Disney after alt-right journalists made public a fusillade of decade old social media missives that made light of pedophilia and rape — was one that was mulled and actually made months ago, following conversations with Disney studio leadership and the team at Marvel Studios. Why the change of heart? After the firing, Walt Disney Studios president Alan Horn met with Gunn on multiple occasions to discuss the situation. Persuaded by Gunn’s public apology and his handling of the situation after, Horn decided to reverse course and reinstate Gunn.
>The social media messages were indefensible, but the filmmaker never did anything but blame himself for poor judgment displayed at a time when he was emerging from the Troma film factory and attempting to be a provocateur. There were no reports that Gunn ever engaged in the behavior he lampooned. Unlike the defensive posture exhibited by Kevin Hart that led him to skip hosting the Oscars, Gunn fell on his sword early and often and never lashed out at Disney.
>Ultimately, Gunn’s missives were poorly chosen words and not actions, though Disney’s quick trigger was completely understandable when the social media messages were first reported by outlets like Fox News. Those outlets reported that Gunn’s missives were exposed as payback for Gunn being a vocal critic of President Donald Trump.

So all that dumb bullshit was for nothing then?

Good job, Disney.

>Gunn’s return to Guardians of the Galaxy 3 got complicated when he signed on to write and direct the Suicide Squad sequel for Warner Bros and DC. Marvel Studios has agreed to commence production on Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after Gunn completes Suicide Squad 2. Making the whole thing easier though was the fact that Marvel Studios never met with or considered any other director for Guardians of the Galaxy 3, despite speculation that Thor: Ragnarok helmer Taika Waititi and Vice helmer Adam McKay were in the mix.
>Marvel Studios has remained mum on all details concerning Guardians of the Galaxy 3, as the Kevin Feige-led division turned its focus toward Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame. Marvel this week set Destin Daniel Cretton to direct Shang-Chi.
>Prior to his dismissal, Gunn had written a script which Marvel confirmed would be used for the third Guardians of the Galaxy installment. I expect Gunn to confirm all this as he supports the release of Brightburn, the David Yarovevsky-directed Elizabeth Banks-starrer that he produced and Sony releases May 24.
>There will be an inevitable chorus of those who will gripe about Gunn’s return, but creatively, Guardians will benefit from his return. The entire cast of the film was outspoken in its desire to have Gunn back, saying that those satiric tweets did not match his personal actions. The cast clearly loves him; Chris Pratt, Zoey Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, Michael Rooker and Pom Klementieff all pleaded for Gunn’s return, in an open letter. The controversy shattered the camaraderie that the cast had with the filmmaker and put a strongly performing franchise in limbo. Marvel has done a great job allowing its filmmakers to inject their personalities into each franchise, and perhaps none has been as stamped by one filmmaker as Gunn on the Guardians franchise. The first two installments grossed over $1.6 billion worldwide, with the sequel out grossing the first picture.

>Soon after the announcement of Gunn’s firing, fans circulated a petition urging Disney to reconsider. On October 31st, a fan crowdfunded billboard went up in Anaheim, CA to rehire Gunn.
>Disney is days from closing its acquisition of the assets of Fox and while the company will always be family first, it is somehow reassuring that there is room for second chances, and for a good director to have a chance to overcome a colossally stupid mistake.
>UTA and The Safran Company rep Gunn.

He should make it shit on purpose just as a fuck you to the cunts

Disney are a bunch of idiots, but this is still good news

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Suck it Cernobitch!

What a wild fucking ride.

MEME OFF BRO, YOU AND ME

Attached: 1495744140650.jpg (480x490, 29K)

They realized they shot themselves on the foot just to please a bunch of Trump supporters

>pedo back to Pedoland

And here I was thinking GotG was in development hell.

>Gunn’s return to Guardians of the Galaxy 3 got complicated when he signed on to write and direct the Suicide Squad sequel for Warner Bros and DC. Marvel Studios has agreed to commence production on Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after Gunn completes Suicide Squad 2.

This absolute madman has just become the first - and so far the only - director to concurrently helm Marvel and DC franchises.

Attached: James Gunn.jpg (2400x1800, 591K)

So are we owning the libs here or not?

And justice has happened.

Attached: 1544413181020.png (847x1073, 1.06M)

imagine he actually does that lmao
but nah, he's not one to burn bridges, also Disney knows they are to his whim.

The last actual movie director, and they can't do shit until he finishes his trilogy.

So suicide squad is dead on arrival

And will now be the first MCU direct to direct an entire trilogy of movies within the same franchise.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YESSSSSS

Why do we pretend that James Gunn is an amazing director?

Before Marvel, the most important thing he had on his resumé was "Scooby-Doo". A year before Marvel hired him, he had NOTHING going on for him, in fact, what he had was a blog in which he would write articles about what comic book characters he would like to fuck. And he was 40.

Then he directors one Marvel movie (a franchise that sells on name alone) and suddenly this nobody becomes one of the most important names in the industry. Laughable.

CANT STUNN THE GUNN

Looks like DC screwed up again and lose another director to marvel

He's doing both

I wouldn't say nothing. The mouse dodged any controversy of supporting a "pedo" and gave a good view over the year to what a world where any offense can end your job looks like.

Pizzagaters BTFO

KINO IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS

>we

first off nigga, I've been following his work since Slither.

Second off, Super is one of my favorite films ever, and I'm just happy to see him have success.

Holy crap this just reeks of damage control. a shame I was hoping to actually get a decent DC movie.

They probably realized they did some dumb shit pretty early but delayed this announcement to save some face.

Have you not seen Slither or Super?

*Be a proper business and justifiably fire someone who makes pedophilia a joke, like every business ever
It was the correct call and this is the wrong call

Give it a rest, /pol/ your plan failed.

>>Unlike the defensive posture exhibited by Kevin Hart.

Yeah, that dumb nigger. Am I right? Ooops I'm sorry. See? I'm falling on my sword.

See

HOLY FUCK YES!!!!!!!

Attached: smug cap.jpg (465x571, 48K)

reminder that the kid from the giving tree was an adult at the end of the book.

He's not, GotG are his babies. He's making Suicide Squad shit on purpose instead like he did with Scooby Doo, LMAO.

Yeah, yeah.

I suppose you were one of his readers when he had a blog about fucking super-heroes, right?

Yea Forums BTFO again

It would be sad if it weren't so funny

Attached: 1546128050032.png (1606x844, 1.76M)

Yeah, I'm thinking he's back

Attached: james-gunn-2017-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 78K)

see this

inb4 the Leaving Knowhere documentary hits HBO

Is this the beginning of the end for SJW "Emotions Over Facts" Outrage Culture? Are we finally going to see a trend of people saying "we don't care" in response to their more hyperbolic accusations?

Are we pretending that Slither is a good movie now? It bombed that hard for a reason.

They did it so they could get complete approval for the FOX purchase

YOUR PLAN FAILED CERNOBlTCH

They even claim in the article, no other directors were considered. We all know that's bullshit, it's well known most directors disney tried to tap turned them down.

>liberal defends pedo
Not surprised.

Not only did you get BTFO after he accepted his jokes were in bad taste and he actually apologized TWICE, but also he actually went and became better with his PR to actually work better on this shit.
So guess what, /tvpol/ack, you lost TWICE.

Attached: 1539303974360.png (979x874, 584K)

>thread full of MUH POL

Christ the obsession is real

Hmm, convenient that the Fox merger has been signed and sealed and now they rehire. Was this a way for Disney to avoid any damage in press during the merger ?

I'd wouldn't even be mad if he only comes back for GoTG3 and then leaves Marvel altogether. He stated that movie was going to be the last with the current team, so anything after it cold easily be written and directed by someone else.

Good, fuck twitter and fuck complainers.

Show me allegations or shut up

>it's well known most directors disney tried to tap turned them down.

No, it isn't.

The only one confirmed to have been approached was Taika Waititi since he had already worked with them.

POL WILL NEVER RECOVER FROM THIS

>then leaves Marvel altogether
It's not like he has anything to do for Marvel after that.

I would hope after the shit with Johnny Depp that people would do better to think before attacking in drones

ahaha get fucked.

Yes, the obsession is very real, the one /pol/ and social media faggots had for Gunn that is

what are the chances that gunn and waititi takes over the Avengers films when the russo brothers leave?

>It's not like he has anything to do for Marvel after that.
GoTG4? He never said GoTG3 was going to be his last, only the last with the current team. For all we know, his intention prior to getting fired might as been to keep going as long as they kept asking him to make movies.

>a place that dosn't IDs, or user names, passwords or logins
>thinks it's obsession and not bored kiddies

Attached: 46573457842754.jpg (720x405, 17K)

God I hope so. I hope edgy humor is back on the menu, as well.

So out of curiosity: Where do you guys draw the line between jokes and legitimately concerning behavior?
Because honestly, even though the people that dug up his tweets were politically motivated, the shit he wrote online was something else.

Like, it's one thing to make edgy jokes. It's another thing to make the same edgy joke about wanting to fuck children over and over again. And then talking to known pedophiles like they're your friends. And then going to parties dressed like a pedophilic priest.

post yfw he says fuck you to disney and makes capekino at warner brothers instead

Attached: basedolinni.gif (259x199, 1.81M)

what about Joss Whedon?

Attached: 1470352686489.png (291x344, 85K)

>mfw I called this literally the instant the "controversy" first happened
>alt-right trumpbabs still argued with me

Attached: 1551018148671.png (787x830, 647K)

>Troma writer
>Makes extremely edgy jokes
This surprises you how?

Not only he has a lot of work outside of that (his Troma stuff is good if that's what you like, I know I do) but when Marvel got a literal who to direct GotG no one, not even the cosmic marvel fans I knew, thought it would sell.
I remember people unironically claiming there was no way Marvel could take the hit of gotg failing and the MCU would end there.

>YFW Cernovich spent all his Alimony on this and now he has nothing left except his Sugar pill business and his children hate him

Attached: Never Ever 2.jpg (510x492, 174K)

Furthermore
>Feige hands Gunn the role of the showrunner of the Cosmic MCU back, as per the original plan
>WB lets him to further Squad sequels, with the similar exclusive position Wan and Jenkins have
The absolute madman could become one of the most influential men in Hollywood thanks to some old shitposts and outrage farmers.

Attached: 1484025584082.png (498x446, 267K)

playing this while reading the article:
youtube.com/watch?v=gGY1J9XTXuw

No because they said in the article that because James Gunn repeatedly fell on his sword after the accusations it means that you still have to beg and grovel and plead when you're caught for wrong think.

Those people that say "never apologize" are absolutely wrong now though.

>Captain Marvel release with huge opening
>Endgame trailer
>Gunn back
Big week for the mcu

AND IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME NOW

youtube.com/watch?v=iLC-tHvkNvI

>they think you have to be /pol/ to find pedophilia unacceptable for a proper job
Again I know none of you ever worked a day job, but get an office job and tell your boss pedo jokes. Give me the amount of minutes you get to clean off your desk before being kicked out. It’s not politically motivated

Most of the tweets were in conjuction to older conversations. If anything, it's important to notice that it was in a time where Gunn's gig was black comedy, and insulting what most of Hollywood's retarded shenanigans were.

If you cannot tell that difference, then the issue this time is on you.

Besides, perhaps the only big issue is that he had to apologize twice, so really, the fact he got fired was on his fault as well for not deleting these tweets after the previous controversy when GotG was being released.

Attached: 1533734352898.png (450x370, 240K)

I'm glad, Gunn is the last director that Marvel has left with actual vision and direction skills. I really like how the Russo brothers work, but let's be honest, they probably agree to every bullshit mandate the mouse gives them.

Gunn taking risks and his own vision was what made GOTG work and become A-list over the night, Disney knows it and I can bet he will make some digs at them at Twitter or even in the movie.

Big believer you can say whatever you want. If everyone was 100% open and honest we get a lot more done

>James Gunn says fuck you to the biggest franchise in history and home of his most successful movies to make shit for a poison brand and a sequel to the second most hated comic book movie of all time
Why would he do that? If anything he's going to say "see ya" to DC by the end of the day

Fucking delusional DKeks I swear

THE GUNN IS GOOD

Attached: MV5BZjBjODI1MDgtNDdkNC00MWI3LTg1MTMtMTQzY2FjY2Y0YmZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAwODA4Mw@@._V1_.jpg (720x456, 222K)

you forgot Disney and FOX merger

Like I said, I know he makes edgy jokes. That was his schtick before coming to Marvel. I'm just saying that there seemed to be a concerning focus on wanting to fuck children.
Maybe I'm wrong and it's just cherrypicked with a whole bunch of other edgy jokes in between. But goddamn there were A LOT of tweets about fucking kids.

>he's still trying
Sorry buddy your efforts to censor Yea Forums media for alt-right purposes has FAILED. Welcome to CURRENT YEAR.

Attached: 1550942594257.jpg (1439x1637, 519K)

I liked Slither and Dawn of the Dead

you don't know what "concurrently" means do you?

Attached: 1531281529700.jpg (640x480, 61K)

How much did Disney pay Gunn to come back?

Every week is a big week for Based Marvel

It was cherrypicked

Very low, not because it's a bad idea or because it doesn't make sense, but merely because good always loses irl

That's next week.

>Rocket gets put into the DnA suit
>Gunn comes back the next day

Attached: 1496096795795 (1).jpg (210x243, 7K)

Zack Snyder directed Dawn of the Dead

based sachikoposter

It's okay dude, you gave it the old college try. Just accept defeat and move on. Maybe there's a brown person you can try to get fired somewhere instead?

They probably just offered to get him out of his Suicide Squad contract

You do realize that if someone is indeed a pedo, the last thing they'll do is attract attention to their pedophilia, right?

No, just be a retard to not understand that these tweets were mostly going on the line of black comedy.
Again, this time it's not our fault YOU keep getting upset over this, triggered fellow.

Attached: 1541102790800.jpg (567x485, 61K)

>Alt-right purposes
Again imagine not coming out of the basement so much that you think pedophilia is accepted by everyone but alt-righters and letting a corporation decide your morals

oh shit. I missed that one.

lotta loyalty for a hired gunn

Attached: bane.jpg (569x802, 67K)

>all of those faggots who said Bautista was committing career suicide defending Gunn

I bet that fucker gets a pay raise.

Attached: drax.jpg (400x379, 11K)

NOOOOOO WHY CAN LEFTISTS GET AWAY WITH IT BUT WE DONT

IT'S OVER FOR DCPAJEETS

Attached: 1534736557014.jpg (456x810, 29K)

when I actually know/watch them diddlying a kid.

what's with this "guilty until proven innocent" bullshit? Why is your country so obsessed with mob justice?

You know, for most of the little purges last year, the responses of their co-workers tended to cluster around "finally someone did something about them." Not for him. He got "we are Groot."

You have to contextualize the jokes with the rest of his behavior. Gunn and Justin Roiland make incredibly edgy jokes about taboo subjects, but the rest of their work doesn't reinforce hateful or bigoted messages.

Finally getting some Adam Warlock!

Too bad for Nova fans tho

because when you say it, everyone knows you're not joking, you fucking retard

How hard? What I mean is, the collage of tweets I saw all seemed to be within the same year or two. But I could be wrong, it's been a few months since last time we talked about this.

If your boss is Lloyd fucking Kaufman you might get fired for making a pedo joke and not including any reference to scat and the holocaust in it.

user stop, my dick can only get so erect.

was Gunn getting fired part of Disney's plan?

>gets to finish Guardians
>still directing SS

No big 2 company wars today, only joy

Reminder that when Gunn turned in his first draft for GOTG Feige told him it wasn't weird enough and that he didn't need to worry about playing it safe for their sake

>MUH PEDOPHILIA IS BLACK COMEDY
Yeah that defense will go well both in your job and court. Your naive nature is insanely telling. Next you’re telling me the NZ shooter was ok because that’s black comedy?

yeah but Gunn writed it.

I don't care about capeshit wars, Ii enjoy
Snyder too

fuck yeah niggers we can finally see Adam Warlock soon

Reality is stranger than fiction.

Attached: nowwatchthisdrive.gif (320x180, 874K)

The Guardian movies and Spiderman are the only Marvel movies I give a shit about now so this great

there's a line between black comedy and pedophilia, and that line is fucking or otherwise sexually molesting a child

Very hard. I followed him before the controversy and while I don't know if you can look them up now, he had millions of jokes on every edgy subject there is, from the holocaust to transexualism to pedophilia to scat to euthanasia.
I mean, a lot of his shit read like Yea Forums shitposts, including a lot of his pedo jokes.

Even better, Gunn pretty much landed him a gig in the DCEU too now. If they'll sweep Drax under the rug after GotG3, he now has another steady source of income in the back pocket.

>blah blhablah pedo pedo pedo blah blah blah
>making jokes about a subject means you condone the subject
Imagine being this brainless. Oh wait I don't have to imagine it, it's just the typical Trump supporter crying crocodile tears while lashing out against anyone who criticizes their Epstein-loving leader.

Attached: 1548516540578.jpg (1128x984, 181K)

Noone is accepting pedophilia, you whiny crotch-sniffing douchebag. It was a fucking joke.

I don't like the tweets either, but the NZ shooter caused legitimate harm and death to people.
As far as I know there aren't actual rumors of Gunn being a legitimate pedophile, just a bunch of fucking tweets. At the same time, god damn that is a lot of tweets about wanting to fuck kids.

CAN'T STUN THE GUNN

/pol/ SEETHING right now

Attached: 1483548939058.jpg (1208x1015, 1.09M)

Again, this time it's your fault for getting upset at this when everyone agreed that these tweets, while being upsetting, legitimately didn't do anyone else damage outside of PR stupidity, to which he owned himself to and accepted his retirement, and all while everyone else who knew him actually supported him while agreeing these tweets were dumb, all so that he and Disney could actually go into an agreement, you know, unlike that person I'm sure you're still mad she got fired over actually insulting people, even though that had come outta nowhere?

>Adam Warlock will probably be another Drax who spends the whole film searching for Thanos unaware of his dead.

>"every comedian who joked about rape should be tried for rape"
so the alt-right are unironically the new sjws now, right?

wow its almost like words and actions are different things with different impacts

They never not were my dude

YOU DON'T BUTT IN LINE
YOU DON'T SELL DRUGS

Thanos won't die, Strange will Cap or Tony """kill""" him.

>mfw the GUNN WON

Attached: 1467114977597.png (615x858, 233K)

Barkeep! Another round of male tears for everyone!

so that's the power of sjws

He's also going to star in Dune, right?

will let*

>now
They've been this way since 2015

Which is weird because they kept screaming about how "they won" and we needed to "get over it"

Eh, he shouldn't have been fired in the first place. Dude worked for Troma. The mouse should have expected some of this shit going in.

Pedowood is real.

liberals = pedos

>His friends support him
So do Roman Polanski’s
No one said that, just that any other job then funny yondu movie would anyone get their job back or supported for unprofessional presentation like his

pretty sure that's Momoa unless there's some other news I'm unaware of

>since 2015
You're off by about 60 years.
They've been at this shit since the 50s.

Cernovich's entire life's work, up in smoke.

Attached: 1244070607913.jpg (132x140, 5K)

>mfw he purposely makes GOTG3 as shitty as possible as fuck you to Disney before moving on to Suicide Squad 3

Attached: 4822923C-66B9-4064-A966-FDD01DE91EAD.jpg (1234x1316, 92K)

Ah fuck I was hoping he could cancel working on Suicide Squad 2 and go straight back to working on GotG3

Actually why doesn't he do that? No offence to DC, but they don't make great movies and it's full of people who make bad decisions. Why does James Gunn want to stick around with that group? If I were in I would drop everything and go straight into working back with Marvel.

Disney 100% knew about the tweets when they hired him. They only fired him because Cernobitch dug them up and made a stink.

Would be pretty stupid of them to let him live.

Disney must have realized they jumped the Gunn on this one. I guess this was too far for just common-sense Gunn control. Let the Gunn-grabbers go too far. I'm running out of Gunn punns.

Can you name a single kid Gunn actually or even allegedly diddled?

Pedogunn pedogunn doing whatever pedo can

Batista is proof that karma exists

Post yfw Drax is the one who kills Thanos instead of Captain Marvel

It was confirmed that Gunn would basically be the architect of the MCU cosmic movies. Everything would be riffing off his established tone from Guardians sort of like how everything after Avengers was given the Whedon spin.

Fucking.
Based.
Lets have a dance off Yea Forums

Attached: baby groot.gif (245x163, 771K)

>why does he want to make more money instead of making less money

Fake News. Here's the real scoop:
>Feige is throwing away Gunn's draft for Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3
>The movie will instead be titled Guardians of the Galaxy: Annihilation Conquest
>Ultron is the main villain, having survived by uploading his consciousness to a satellite and launching it into space, where he lands on Hala and overthrows the Supreme Intelligence
>Richard Rider is the main character, casting is still underway
>Rocket is British now, voiced by Sir Paul McCartney
>Drax becomes ruthless and intelligent after eating the mind stone in Avengers Endgame; Batista will not reprise his role, instead he will be played by Vin Diesel
>Gamora wants to sleep with everyone after realizing that life is too short during her long fall off the Vormire cliffs, she wears nothing but a monokini and thigh-high boots with 6 inch heels
>Mantis having reached cosmic enlightenment now goes barefoot like all dirty hippies, wears a grass skirt, and also wants to sleep with everyone
>Groot can talk now but due to budget concerns regarding Vin Diesel's pay Groot's motion capture will be performed by a real tree
>Star-Lord gets his hat and never takes it off; since they never show his face he will be entirely CGI and is voiced by Microsoft Sam
>Adam Warlock is introduced, played by the CGI ghost of Randy Travis
>there is no 70s pop soundtrack, it will be gritty and humorless, just like the DnA comics you never read

Attached: guardians figures.jpg (1500x1000, 1.05M)

It's the concept, he told Feige years ago that he wanted to make a Thunderbolts movie.

He has no beef with WB, they gave him full reign with SS while Disney fucked him over last summer and came crawling back

Pedophiles of the Galaxy 3

>polfags actually seething on this thread RN

LMAO holy shit, this is the gift that keeps on giving

variety.com/2019/film/news/dave-bautista-dune-reboot-1203101834/
Both Momoa and Bautista are in it

>This was all part of Gunn's master plan to headline both the Marvel and DC universes

Attached: Was+this+all+part+of+your+plan+too+jojo+_5b179a6127b7ed1690d8aa9a12263a8d.jpg (640x360, 77K)

>what is a metaphor
it's an example of what the guy is saying. he is basically saying we should try comedians for making jokes, because, evidently, that makes them the thing they're joking about. and we shouldn't. that's fucking retarded.
turn of phrase. the right have always been a bunch of whiny cunts.

>bad jokes tweeted are the same as murder
holy shit user you have problems

Attached: efeb702a75b5eabbe884829137e0fc3c_400x400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

surely you have a source for these claims from a major publication

would argue the opposite

horseshoe theory, both sides will tell you it's bullshit but it's true that the most extremist you get, the most authoritary and similar in your methods you become to actual fascists

Never a fan of people losing work over Twitter. That place is a clown world.

nah.
Cap, Manlet man and Thor will be out after endgame so they need a starpower to carry the others.
i highly doubt that Strange or Carol can carry them

No, because that’s not what got him (reasonably) fired. You don’t publically associate yourself with this humor and expect your day job to still be there tomorrow. No reasonable employer would want you
Again, any other job he’d get no support. He’s only getting supported based on him creating corporate movies, hence you have a bias towards giving him a pass

Now take him off Suicide Squad

I hope he gives Batista a role in Suicide squad for his loyalty

That shit doesn't count and you know it

Attached: 33e.jpg (442x330, 28K)

Well the problem with that is the horseshoe is lopsided since SJWs never shot up a place of worship and killed 50 people.

>Bautista as Beast Rabban
neat
>Momoa as Duncan Idaho
what the huh

Rumor is he'll play Peacemaker

This thread reminded me how many folks don't read and react off the headlines alone

Attached: 1550300086984.png (445x481, 316K)

>YOUR PLAN FAILED CERNOBlTCH
YOUR PLAN FAILED CERNOBlTCHYOUR PLAN FAILED CERNOBlTCHYOUR PLAN FAILED CERNOBlTCH

>Gunn has more movies and is making more money EXPLICITLY BECAUSE the bad faith right-wing outrage farmers got him fired
It’s fucking beautiful

Attached: B850923A-C3C6-455E-8CB6-A9BFC9294071.gif (220x151, 323K)

yeah, instead they unironically support communism that has killed far more people

nigga no one here reads comics why do you think they will read news?

Again?

Most SJWs can't even order a pizza without having a panic attack so I don't think we need to worry about that happening any time soon.

>pedophila is okay as long as it owns /pol/ epic style

Not gonna draw the line anywhere, huh?

>No, because that’s not what got him (reasonably) fired.
It's not reasonable because the jokes were years old and already apologized for before the controversy ever happened.

Attached: 1549068470098.jpg (4000x2875, 2.89M)

GOTG is saved.

How the fuck is dark humor similar to people literally getting gunned down?

#YOUR PLAN FAILED CERNOBlTCH

Chernovich on suicide watch. (and thats a good thing)

>what he had was a blog in which he would write articles about what comic book characters he would like to fuck. And he was 40.
Absolutely based

because he has integrity as a director

Is there anyone more based than Gunn right now?

>James Gunn back
>8ch retard goes on a killing spree
Wow /pol/tards just keep winning

Attached: 1552623032261.jpg (1080x1246, 281K)

Congratulations, Mr. Gorilla Mindset.

This. He served his time now let him go

rent free

>SJWs are dangerous promoters of communism! But they also can't order a pizza!
You just can't stay consistent with your seething, can you? At least you're consistent with your terrorism.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

This might be the best birthday present I've ever gotten.

>Its_just_a_prank_bro.jpg

Disney just abandoned Gunn. I don't think he should come back

You intentionally misread this comment to make it seem that I think tweets are worst then fucking killing people. The point is where does “black comedy” end as a excuse

You're responding to two different people.

I guess Bautista the Autista's bautist tantrums worked

Or he was in on it the whole time

>he had was a blog in which he would write articles about what comic book characters he would like to fuck. And he was 40.
/ourguy/

>waiting until a huge tragedy to slide him back in

Classic

YOUR PLAN FAILED CHERNOBlTCH

Disney did, but Feige fought for him to stay

I'm not alt right, I'm not centrist, I'm actually rightwing in economical issues but a leftist in some political ones.

I have seen SJWs in my school unironically support communism and saying that it would make the world better. SJWs saying they would kill all chauvinist men, or that anyone not supporting the leftist candidate AMLO was a fascist and should be hanged.

James Gunn literally shoved his furry dick down Cerno's throat and piped it down with multi-colored, 80's-themed jizz.

He cares about the characters and story too much to abadon his work over company politics

i will dial down too after watching this youtube.com/watch?v=LfOSGrhIDK8&t=98s

My employer just found me saying that we need to gas all Jews and niggers from a few years ago but I apologized so it’s ok it’s a prank bro lol
Probably you

>cernobitch speaks for me

Feige is cool

shit, I was actually answering to you

When people are actually doing something and not just talking about it you retard

Gunn straight up disclosed the jokes to them before they hired him to do GOTG. It wasn't until Cernobitch and his outrage culture faggots started a flame war was it worth it for Disney to fire him.

Even based Dave Bautista told those faggots to shut their dicks and get over it. Only /pol/ fags even care because they think it's an epic own to get someone who hates Trump fired.

You got issues, Quill.

>rape is okay as long as it owns the libs epic style

Attached: eEtQ5LV.jpg (824x406, 24K)

they both are in it
the cast is loaded

Cernovich is seething so much on his twitter right now. It’s beautiful.

YOUR PLAN FAILED CHERNOBlTCH
Face it

>cernobitch speaks for me

So if Gunn says that he’s gonna bomb somewhere but doesn’t do it that’s ok to you

Edgy jokes are edgy jokes. You're allowed to make them and if they're good/insightful/speak to a bigger picture, I'll probably enjoy the jokes. If they're not, and they're just in bad taste, then they're in bad taste. I find that a lot of comics and comedians go through an edgy phase and often they come out the other side with better material, which is what happened with Gunn. If they're being a genuine asshole/rapist or whatever, then that's a separate thing entirely. You can speak with the voice of an asshole without being one.

OH NONONONONONONONONONO

Attached: 1551790523959.png (395x650, 537K)

I’ll say feige is cool when he gets a damn Moon Knight movie approved.

Peterson is cool, he admitted he was wrong about the gay wedding cakes. How many of these guys can admit when they're wrong?

THE COUNCIL OF CONES APPROVES THIS DECISION!!!

Attached: 20181214_133954.png (720x642, 351K)

>we're going to get Gunn-directed GotG vol. 3 AND SKAWD 2
Best timeline. Even if I do think that vol. 1 is overrated to hell.

Attached: pedophiles seething.jpg (716x1115, 197K)

Oh please. Can't you feel the satisfaction of people who fired you over something you did a decade ago, groveling for your return?

Apparently someone misled Bob Iger about the whole thing since he didn't have the full story, and thought it was a unanimous decision at Marvel to fire Gunn. He's pretty unhappy when he learned that.

Stay mad, alt-right douche.

Any good ones?

This. All I’ve this. Thats why Captain Marvel has been doing “amazing” in the box office.

Playing the long con.

Attached: 8EDB4D02-C18A-4B4A-9DD5-511D79C8F339.gif (360x210, 725K)

Impossible, Feige fought directly with him about it

Show pics.

The rights hard on for "SJW"s is pure projection. They would take away all your rights if they had the power.

The left just wants people to use their rights responsibly, hence why we support common sense gun laws.

It will be even worse than vol 2 but "Muh rehire Gunn, muh music, muh quips" I hate MCU fanboys.

I can hear his REEEEE's already.

Attached: youtubers BTFO.jpg (480x360, 29K)

his one true achievement in life was sifting through a mountain of deleted tweets on the wayback machine to get a man fired and even that didn't stick topkek

You are such a faggot holy shit just kill yourself. Those were jokes, fucking jokes son. They didn't hurt anyone.

THE CHAD JAMES GUN VERSUS THE VIRGIN ALAN HORN

>Gunn used to work for Troma

Well now it all makes sense.

I'm at the cinema waiting to see Captain Marvel, and this post was even saltier than the popcorn I'm having. Marvelous!

I’m going to try to make it as simple for you as I can. Talking about doing something and actually doing it are two completely different things. Was it in poor taste? Absolutely. But just because it hurt your feelings doesn’t mean someone needs to lose their job over it. As mad as you get, tomorrow Gunn is still going to be on Guardians. Get over it.

Gunn versus Horn? Sounds like how rhinos became endangered.

but that's a specific threat, gunn to my knowledge wasn't specifically threatening to rape any children

I haven't had the opportunity to post this image in years. Gentlemen? Yea Forumsmrades in arms? It's been a privilege.

Attached: no_brakes.png (1260x936, 1.21M)

>Johnny Depp redemption
>James Gunn redemption
A step in the right direction against all this sensationalist bullshit.

Attached: 1431754812587.jpg (2000x1087, 365K)

What's the difference between a table and a dead baby?

You can't fuck a table.
I've made this joke multiple times over the years as a reference to weird dark edgy internet humor. Stones and glass houses.

As a Europoor I must admit that USA media makes me seethe hard

We all make mistakes. I know they all have fun making them, but tryhard edgy self-satisfied Troma movies are some of the worst movies I've ever seen second to Doug Walker joints.

Some serious retardation going on over at Disney. Didn't Feige throw Gunn under the bus? Why do all that shit if you're just going to backtrack? Morons.

Do you have the Prepare to Be Guarded one? I contributed to that one but I lost it when my HDD crashed. Man aside from Bendis that truly was the best of times, I miss our old Yea Forumssmic band.

Not with that attitude you can't!

I’m calling your boss and telling them you fuck babies now you pedophile.

My dude there is no point in trying to argue, these people are on Yea Forums complaining about pedophilia jokes.
At this point I have to wonder if some of them aren't actual boomers and not the 30yo variety ones.

>Didn't Feige throw Gunn under the bus?
No?

Girls can fuck tables though, didn't you watch Code Geass?

Exactly this, a big part of the purchase of Fox involved stock. Anything that would have lowered Disney's stock value would have greatly increased the purchase price (relatively) so they squashed a potential controversy zealously.

You misunderstand. I want Suicide Squad saved from Gunn. His take sounds terrible and all the Guardians movies are shit

OH

SHIT

YES

Attached: 1502475619622.jpg (206x244, 13K)

>this entire thread

Attached: cd2.jpg (261x199, 14K)

This is actually a good thing. Because center people can see double standards where they exist. Already seeing it more and more the past few months.

That's how tumblrinas roll.

People the SJWs support do drive trucks into crowds of people, bomb marathons, cut off heads of hikers and bikers, and shoot each other.

Also, reminder that Gunn hates Nova. So as long as he's in charge, we aren't getting a Nova. No Rich. No Sam. Nothing. This is not good. We already had tongue-in-cheek, non-serious cosmic Marvel. I was hoping we'd get serious gravitas cosmic. But no. Jokes and dumb musical intros are back on the menu.

Imagine being such a cuck that you would vote for an authoritarian leader to have absolute power over you.

Yes I was, actually.

>So out of curiosity: Where do you guys draw the line between jokes and legitimately concerning behavior?
If they say it's a joke, it's a joke.
If you look into it because you want to insert yourself in someone else's life, you're being an asshole. Most of twitter is filled with assholes now who don't want to look at things objectively or give people the benefit of the doubt. The ten minutes of them ruining someone's life is worth it to them because of the minor amount of attention they get doing so.

Basically fuck them and fuck outrage/cancel culture.

Attached: tmnt1-dont be such a dick in the mud.png (298x186, 2K)

YOU DON'T MOLEST LITTLE CHILDREN

THE RULES WERE SET A LONG TIME AGO. THEY DONT CHANGE

Nova is better suited for a captain marvel movie anyways.

His take is exactly the same as every other director who dropped out of that piece of shit

youtube.com/watch?v=W5moUUFhmZM

Attached: Another L for the Joke Police.gif (300x196, 2.42M)

Well first, he's getting paid and Marvel has said they'd wait for him. No reason not to. Second, he already signed on, and it'd be a bad look to renege on that. He's not gonna be with Marvel forever and he can't burn bridges when he just walked out of a public flagellation.

Also, I don't know who this Cernobitch is but it seems like there's one guy in this thread with such a hateboner for that guy that he keeps bringing it up.

Step outside, dude. All that hate's not good for you. You might go and shoot up a church.

holy shit you fucking dolt why do you keep ignoring his day job at the time was making fucking edgy jokes in the first place you dishonest piece of shit

Cernovich was the guy that got Gunn fired retard

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=NrI-UBIB8Jk

Attached: stay mad.jpg (750x423, 51K)

A behavior is concerning if it becomes actual honest advocation for whatever the Jokes are about. If James Gunn said “no, I’m being completely serious, everyone should fuck a child. Here are the best ways to get away with it and here is the number to my actually legitimate human trafficker.” Then there would be a problem.

He looks like that Cavanagh (?) guy from the Flash.

Attached: And yet I smile.jpg (1102x1200, 182K)

Gunn doesn't hate Nova, he just doesn't specifically like him either and didn't care to use him in his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY movies. He's spoken several times about Nova being on the long-term table for someone else to direct.
Also
>still pretending DnA wasn't full of dumb jokes and quips

>not this one
youtube.com/watch?v=3MMMe1drnZY

>DCEUrotrash have to pretend Gunn is a bad director again now that he's back at based Marvel
lel

Thankfully, capitalism has never resulted in the death of any person, peoples, or nations.

>not youtube.com/watch?v=3MMMe1drnZY

Attached: 1540692895556.png (550x625, 310K)

>>many more (one which I wound up hiding that I wanted to quote)
BASED MODS/JANNIES

Attached: 3-masaaki-endoh.jpg (500x333, 95K)

GETTING DOWN AND DIRTY WITH A PROCYON LOTOR

thankfully capitalism doesn't condone death of oppositors as means to an end retard

Disney treated him terribly. Don't know why he would come back

He kinda' does.

Attached: Harrison Wells.png (1280x720, 1018K)

>not youtube.com/watch?v=5wPEiaFT1-M

Attached: GuardiansOrb[1].png (1920x800, 1.92M)

Please God just make him fuck off with the bathroom humor & beating jokes into the ground (tazerface, anyone have tape).

Guardians Vol.2 would be on part with Winter Soldier & Civil War if he didn't have that bullshit in it.
Best 3rd act & emotional work besides Infinity War.

He was in on it since the meeting they had about it. He was probably rehired right there but they told him to keep quiet about it and seek some work until they felt the issue had blown over.

Mantisfags are you happy?

Attached: mantis1.png (768x433, 491K)

Attached: featured_gaurdians_inferno_3.jpg (1200x550, 114K)

To laugh at the haters.

Attached: laugh.jpg (600x600, 31K)

It's almost like the entire controversy was some sort of publicity stunt for a dying franchise...

Attached: 106.gif (500x364, 208K)

His endgame is clear.

Attached: Marvel VS. DC.jpg (798x420, 64K)

BRING ME CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 53807455_2484927564874644_8220790498030256128_n.jpg (720x890, 73K)

>Oreo died without getting the news

>right journalists made public a fusillade of decade old social media missives that made light of pedophilia and rape

I thought the media in general were being shit about it

WHAT DID I FUCKING SAY?

I FUCKING TOLD YOU "This is all just a bunch of white noise to appease some morons and they'll hire him back when it dies down" BUT NOOOOOOOOO

Please make sure your posts are relevant to the topic at hand, shitposter.

really epic, the commie just got here lmao

DAILY REMINDER:

Keving Feige Does Nothing Wrong

This is the only memorable score that GotG had, the rest are pretty meh/overwhelmed by the songs

Hey no one can be sure about things in the Era of Twitter Non-Forgiveness.

>implying Oreo didn't cause this to happen

The Disney execs are sick of their trash being mysteriously strung everywhere.

Attached: polt.gif (494x271, 973K)

>Disney rehired James Gunn to spite me
>now let me plug my latest documentary real quick

Attached: lol.png (1000x669, 1.25M)

Sorry user, I looked on my external too.

He did CM

once a good boy, always a good boy.

Do you because the actual quoted bit is the opposite of concurrent. He literally has to complete one before he can start on the other.

Based Feige.
>SS2
He's gonna fast forward that shit, Guardians is his baby.

Attached: 15305796727135.jpg (837x960, 210K)

my sides

Attached: 6.png (513x664, 261K)

Fuck yes.

I knew he was going to come back for one reason. He wasn't blacklisted from the industry.

If he was, then maybe I would have given up hope but the fact that he was picked up to direct literally another comic book movie AND produce Brightburn showed that he was still a valuable commodity and that Disney would have more to gain than lose by hiring him back

This one too: youtube.com/watch?v=-d0OxSVS4QM
But really I think that's the case for most of their movies. At best the main theme itself stands out, which is the case for these two tracks which are just variations on it. Then you have movies like Ant-Man and Captain Marvel which don't even have a notable theme.

>No offence to DC, but they don't make great mov-

Attached: 1549978408226.jpg (868x559, 110K)

Because the one thing pedophiles do is be blatantly obvious about it.

>-ies

Kevin Feige fought as hard as he could to get both Black Panther and Captain Marvel made despite Ike Perlmutter not only not wanting them, but wanting a Game of Thrones style Inhumans film. We all know who was in the wrong here

Every single time I think the MCU is backed into a corner or is in a position where it might finally lose steam or start to drop, it always ends up working out and it's starting to feel like Feige can bend reality to his will or something given how goddamn well things ultimately go for these movies.

Now to wait for the announcement that Suicide Squad lost another director

The shit he wrote online was a decade ago and he had apologized for it way before. He was an edgier guy then and now he's literally working for Disney.

Had he been making those jokes in the modern day, it might have been odd but again, almost a decade ago

Feige?

Oh man, the outrage brigade of usual faggots are seriously still going with the "think of the children" act

You have to give it time. They JUST announced he was returning. He'll drop out of The Suicide Squad in about a week

His...endgame, you say?

Attached: smug.jpg (1252x1252, 135K)

Ant man's theme is kino though

For me, part of what made this James Gunn thing feel a little outrageous is that it was twitter posts from 10 years ago.

It's basically like digging up someone's high school diary and going "LOOK! THEY SAID THEY WANTED TO SHOOT EVERYONE IN THE SCHOOL! HE BAD!" when said person's been living a fairly respectable life ever since.

>Refresh page
>thread instantly gets better (especially the earlier parts)
Holy based!

Feige is literally the one person who can make these things work flawlessly because he isn't just some guy they pulled in to work on a cinematic universe, he has been with Marvel CBMs since 2000. There's no one else more qualified

Attached: Cant reige the Feige.jpg (825x464, 224K)

Hmm? Ant-Man definitely does: there's this youtube.com/watch?v=O_5NwVy8L5M and separately there's also a motif I'd call Janet's theme, at least.

Captain Marvel's got something that sounds sort of like a fanfare from a Jerry Goldsmith-scored Star Trek movie (very 90s) but I grant that it didn't strike me as terribly memorable in its details. Still got a few days to settle into my memory, though, so I'll see.

You should listen to Thor Ragnarok's soundtrack. It's incredible
youtube.com/watch?v=WgoudqUTJuY

>shitty Inhumans show
>shitty Black Panther film
>shitty Captain Marvel film
No

This is literally the reason.

In fact people were saying this back then. They only let him go temporarily so nothing would look bad for the eventual merger

I wouldn't be surprised if they actually told him "look dude, we're gonna let you go but it's just to get these keyboard fuckers off our back. This is just for the merger and you'll be back. Here, we'll even say we're still using your script"

>shitty Inhumans show
That's not Feige

>shitty Black Panther film
>shitty Captain Marvel film
Despite how you feel about them, they brought in the bank, especially BP. Do you see it's domestic number?

Oh well if money means a film is good then Transformers: Dark of the Moon is a fucking masterpiece
>That's not Feige
No, but it was the result of Feige winning.

this is good actually, studios are finally showing that they don't care about people who get mad online over nothing

I'll believe it when Rosanne Barr comes back

>wtf, he dressed as a priest at a party and posted pics of it online, that means he was actually enacting the life of a rapist pedo priest for realz!!1!
If you ever gave even a single thought to these absurdities then there's not much to say, you're simply retarded

>No, but it was the result of Feige winning.
You would have rather they make an Inhumans movie nobody actually wanted to make?

>implying Deadline is real publication

Black panther was good though. Who can hate Afro-Futurism?

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too and I have a feeling that was the case now.

Its stupid business shit but thats how it goes.

>when you put a qualified person in charge of something, things go smoothly

Really makes you think.

>GotG
>dying franchise

2016 was also impressive.
>DCEU can catch up with BvS
>Seduce RDJ to make CW and play a main role
>Get Spidey on time
>BvS turned out ot be a giant turd

i knew he wouldn't give up when a week after what happened to Gunn he said that he talked to the chairmen on how it wasn't a good idea, it was all a matter of time after that.

Stay mad, 3 Oscars and one of the highest grossing movies of all time.

The current phase of the MCU is ending with Endgame. It's not 'dying' as a result of a lack of popularity, more like 'dying' via natural causes. Whatever comes after Endgame will have to live on its own merits, or perish. I think that's a very fair way to look at things.

>>Johnny Depp redemption
Please tell me something good has happened to the man

Roseanne's coworkers hated working with her though. The entire cast of GOTG came together to support Gunn and Batista threatened to walk if they didn't use his script.

>Holy crap this just reeks of damage control
What does that even mean?

It's the news that says that Amber Heard is the abuser and not Johnny Depp.

I mean, I fucking love pre-Hickman Inhumans

Attached: file.png (1121x1116, 805K)

Rosanne Barr is an unlikable asshole and drug abuser off camera. You don’t bring back assholes.

i'm also learning that just now, but it turns out it was his wife who beat him not the other way around.

They really fire her because of the massive drop in ratings after the first episode. The twitter shit was just a convenient excuse

What happens when he dies

No, they've been calling for him to be put back on since this started since he already earned his good boy points by publicly apologizing for the comments before the 'controversy'.

Loser coming back to his abusers

Good. As it should be.

Probably a statue and national holiday

I'm honestly surprised given the amount of time that has passed but I'm happy about it. The firing still never should have happened in the first place though. The campaign was spearheaded by a low-IQ rapist in the first place, and they knew about Gunn's past tweets and shit before they hired him.

My boy is back

Attached: 1490466578848.gif (160x160, 177K)

Yes.

I'm assuming that she gets away scott free..

I would have told them to fuck themselves but then again he'd be cut off from half the cinematic industry

If they make things I like, they're allowed to say whatever I want. If they don't make things I like everything they say is legitimately concerning regardless of whether it's a joke or not. If I'm not familiar with their work I default to what side of the political spectrum they're on.

Yeah, any uproar over this is going to be completely lost between Captain Marvel and Endgame. Smart timing, honestly.

Honestly this, more proof that twitter drama means shit. The Brie stuff is /x/ territory now.

Words cannot describe how fucking happy im. Thank you Disney PRAISE THE LORD

Attached: 1552671056206.png (1280x720, 855K)

I salute you, sir

Except there is no uproar

If anything people are celebrating

Didn't he plan to jump ship to Star Wars after this, but some higher-ups beg him to stay at Marvel?

Thank
fucking
GOD

i needed this. I think now I can actually get through star vs with not-jeffrey-tambor. I just needed one little thing to turn out okay.

>A behavior is concerning if it becomes actual honest advocation for whatever the Jokes are about
If you get offended by someone else's joke because you took it seriously, that's more of a statement on you, not them.

Based Batista working Disney into a shoot

>mfw trying to think of a dead baby joke and coming up empty

>L
underage

Why wouldn't people support Gunn? seriously, imagine getting fired over a IT'S AWWRIGHTTTT joke.

Exactly. James Gunn never honestly advocated for people to rape kids. He made shock humour jokes like you would in middle/high school. Only dumbasses conflate the two.

she's desperately trying to distract from it by coming out as queer (kevin spacey play) but social media is against her, she's likely going to get sued to shit, and they may replace her as mera

pulling one out from middle school.
What’s the difference between a Ferrari and a pile of dead babies? i don’t have a Ferrari in my garage.

That's how it starts... the feeling of shared control that leads to DC being purchased by Disney.

Based Gunn

Lotta loyalty for a hired Gunn

Yeah, they never should have listened to Trump shills and russian bots in the first place.

I'm legit happy, his firing and the general "controversy" was too depressingly stupid. I have the GotG albums on my phone and every time i randomly stumbled on Guardians Inferno i got a little sad thinking of the trilogy/series and the people behind it going to waste over nothing, being demonized even

Attached: 16620510YZO29Y.gif (500x247, 856K)

As long as someone hot is Mera, I don't really care

Also they did it so other SJWs would hang him. It was a two part-effort from some of the worst people on the internet.

>idubzzz
Maybe it's making a good point, but I ain't clicking that shit.

The decision to fire Gunn went over Feige's head. He was trying to get him back

I hope he starts tweeting actively again. I missed his wit.

This really is impressive what he pulled off though. Complete silence on Twitter and he managed to get DISNEY of all companies to take back a decision. That has NEVER happened before. Disney never admits to their mistakes. Until now. Gunn has the power.

>Then he directors one Marvel movie (a franchise that sells on name alone)

Damn near everyone was expecting GotG to tank because it was a Z-list property with no real star power. Are you so young that you weren't around in *2014* to know this?

HAHAHAHAHA

This is a family friendly christian board.

he goes through Gunns tweets and explains how they make sense in context to how Twitter used to work.

Attached: Prepare for excessive REEEEing.png (1000x808, 698K)

Who gives a shit about that dumb reboot?

It was because of the Fox deal. This keikaku's been in the freeze for a while.

>Whatever comes after Endgame will have to live on its own merits, or perish.
Wow, it's a good thing they about to get two new properties that introduce a fuckton new Earth and cosmic characters.

Also did you forget about these guys?

Attached: Esonsearcher.png (502x617, 382K)

Disney, or more specifically Marvel, realistically didn't want to let him go in the first place. It's more likely this is what happened

I'd like to give a hand to the mods on this thread, they're really doing good work deleting every bad post regardless of the side.

>she's desperately trying to distract from it by coming out as queer
HAHAHAHAHA WHAT

The people who claim the MCU is ending literally do not know a single thing about comics. They're just concern trolling because they are desperate for it to be over.

Hey, I didn't say it WILL FAIL, I just said that the franchise right now is dying and a new generation of films will have to replace it. It's like the Godzilla franchise, which effectively died in the Showa era after Revenge of Mechagodzilla (which along with the first Mechagodzila was basically a 'series finale' of sorts like Infinity Wars/Endgame is) and had to reinvent itself as the Heisei era in 1985. Yes, of course the cosmic universe is going to be a big part of that; but the MCU as we know it is going to die with Endgame. And that's a good thing. It shouldn't just go on forever until each of the actors are dead. We need fresh blood.

Attached: D1uNZ2dUgAA3uwy.jpg (680x492, 59K)

All the other actors stood up for him but were all diplomatic about it, even Gunn's own brother. I don't blame them, they're playing the hollywood game, you're not suppose to bite the hand that feeds you.

But not Dave. He stuck up for his friend over the big corporation. That motherfucker probably has a job with Gunn for the rest of his life now.

Attached: company bros.jpg (1014x672, 97K)

Did people forget Marvel got back the rights to X-men?

Do people really not understand they're going to reboot it within the MCU?

Attached: image.png (633x276, 172K)

Yeah man, the guy's great.

Classic.
Ok, how many dead babies do you need to paint a house?
Trick question: depends on how hard you throw them

youtube.com/watch?v=PXUF25P0D_w
Huh... he is "torn".
He basically admits he wants to punish Gunn because SJWs are mean to people.
But is still somewhat happy he is back because he likes his creative works.

Attached: youtubers are up to something.png (997x720, 835K)

Fuck.

twitter.com/rejectedjokes/status/1106633899055046657

Jean-Ralphio/Dewey confirmed for GOTG

Everyone always says Galactus or Doom for the new franchise big bad but I honestly think given they're doing Eternals that it will be the Celestials

fox19.com/story/8083860/ohio-man-facing-charges-for-having-sex-with-a-picnic-table/

Goddamnit

>he goes through Gunns tweets and explains how they make sense in context to how Twitter used to work.
Thanks for the summary
Still not clicking it, though.

I've been predicting it for a while. Time travel and the infinity stones are the perfect way to reintroduce X-Men and FF into the MCU.
>something something side effects from timeline fuckery and infinity stones results in X-gene or timeline merger or whatever

Galactus is the precursor for the rest of the Celestials

Anyone has Bautista's reaction? what a bro.

LMAO

He's fired.

>doesn't know about Bautista's arrest for heroin possession

she is getting a lot of shit

That's exactly what that user is saying, though.
>concern trolling
Hush.

Table-kun was raped.

So which heroine was Drax's love interest, then?

>I bet that fucker gets a pay raise.
I hope he does, being such a bro should get rewarded

This was always their plan you retarded faggot. They wanted to look like they were doing something to address the made-up controversy but they knew they were always going to bring him back. I expect they explicitly told him when they "fired" him that they were going to bring him back once it blew over. You'd really have to be a complete retard to think he was gone for good at any point in time.

He just kept yelling GIVE ME WHAT I WANT YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT and spitting into the microphone.

Table-kun is a dirty slut who was asking for it.

But Yea Forums told me he was supposed to be angry... What the fuck went wrong, bros?

If the doesn't then you'll post a picture of your micro penis.

She broke the legal agreement that neither would talk shit, and Depp has video surveillance and multiple testimonies from bodyguards/cops/people about what was really going on, which he was probably hold back the first time because the sad bastard still loved his abuser. There's no way she's slithering her way out of it.

Based wrestling bro.

>that tweet about him playing Bug
could actually be great

Awesome roast nigga.

Yea Forums's a bunch of idiots. It was obvious Disney was going to cuck out.

Galactus isn't a Celestial

Just wait until he hops on livestream, his chat is full of pearl clutching outrage faggots.

kek

Link because I can't find shit

>for nothing
it was an excuse to let time pass and reach the moment where their acquisition of FOX becomes effective.
They're gonna use IPs they couldn't use before.GotG3 is gonna spearhead the new phase that involves X-Men and F4.
Firing Gunn oversome twits was just an obfuscating tactic.

Why did he withhold evidence that hurt his career?

He's too busy feuding with the Green Arrow on twitter.

Attached: Arrow V. Drax.png (1040x834, 156K)

all part of Disney's plan to buy DC and WB

Yeah, no fucking shit. If you didn't see this coming as soon as they "fired" him you might be retarded.

>dave can't detect sarcasm
is he just playing himself in gaurdians?

Johnny was Hollywood elite. Considering the nature of her accusations at first, he probably felt it would dent but not destroy him.

CARLOS

He was most probably not willing to ruin her completely because he still loved her in some way, the way a lot of beaten wives end up not testifying because they don't want their husband actually put in jail. At this point he's had time to get over that feeling, with the help of friends pointing out how she's fucked him up over the years. Not to mention the scandal part hurting his job, it's the way a lot of beaten wives don't want everyone to know about it time a thousand because he's Johnny Depp, so he probably just wanted it over with as quickly as possible. Until she started lying even more about how he abused her and made him realise that she won't stop. That also gave him a chance to sue her, since she broke the prior agreement.

poor Stephen
I remember when autistic Beyonce fans attacked him for leaving a music festival before she went on.
then some retard wrote a hit piece calling him racist for leaving out the é in Beyoncé

>I just said that the franchise right now is dying
Billion dollar solo movies and multi-billion dollar team movies are it's death-throes?
Maybe you are just retarded?

Attached: intredasting.jpg (685x567, 53K)

You idiot tards expect for AT&T to just hand it over, baka.

Batista vs Disney
youtube.com/watch?v=b9Yccnm_EDo

So the lesson learned is...black people aren't allowed to be pedos, but white people are.

Why did the janny delete my post? Go fuck yourself, bitch.

Nobody cared about MJ being a pedo until he became white, though.

Batista can actually fight? What's with wrestlers turning into actors

He's just heeling it up on Twitter for his Wrestlemania match next month. Well, probably.

>What's with wrestlers turning into actors
...Do you not know what wrestling is?

they're both part of the same strategy of keeping the lower classes and the (shrinking) middle class separated along race and gender lines, so that they don't unite to stop billionaires screwing them over

Fights

Homoerotic super-adventures for deeply repressed men?

It’s gonna be Annihilus, they’ll find the FF stranded in the Quantum Realm/Negative Zone and that will kick it off.

Because...wrestling is one of the greatest feats of acting?

>the shit he wrote online was something else
I have seen worse in here and only thing he did wrong was that to post it in twitter and not here or some other anonymous imageboard.

>Sean Gunn is finally ready to speak up about the years of abuse

Attached: full.jpg (600x455, 40K)

I bet you think Vince McMahon's car actually exploded.

n-no how can this be happening gunn is a pedo disney what are you doing reeeeeee

Batista got into a backstage brawl with Booker T. It was debatable who actually won but according to most wrestlers present, it was a tie.

So basically all Disney managed to acomplish was delay GOTG3 by a bunch of years and get Gunn ANOTHER big movie in the meantime by their competition.

As a wrester, he's very familiar with fake feuds

explain

Another win for the pedophiles! Stop calling them monsters or they'll feel compelled to BE monsters!

I guarantee you GotG3 still comes out in 2020 and he was secretly working on it the whole time. If they start filming now they'll be done by the original release date.

>Imagine coming here of all places and being upset with Gunn over jokes he said
I bet most of you faggots that want him gone are the same type of people who spam nigger and fuck women in the threads over and over.

I mean as long as he's back, does it really matter? Heck, now Gunn's name is bigger than ever. I bet they told him they were never going to permanently fire him

...from greatness

They agreed production won't really begin until Gunn is done with Suicide Squad.

Gunn please, stop, it's disturbing

Didn't Gunn claim HE was molested by a priest? Because that kinda' puts his edgelord humor into perspective.

And also makes him the second victim of molestation in the MCU.

because it's retarded to cheer over guun

>A year before Marvel hired him, he had NOTHING going on for him, in fact, what he had was a blog in which he would write articles about what comic book characters he would like to fuck. And he was 40.
Where do you think you are?

I haven't even checked the catalogue and I guarantee you there's a thread dedicated to Raven's ass up and running right now.

Just the other day I saw someone unironically saying that the Captain Marvel woman should have been fired for saying racist and sexist things.

it's a good reason to fire such flat ass

You're not exactly wrong

Attached: clos.png (379x585, 201K)

>Good job, Disney.
this but unironically
the evil mouse fired gunn publicly to cool down the outrage tards, then they're still going to use him now that people probably mostly forgot about that shit

Gee, Jim, how come your boss lets you make TWO movies?

Why? He was unjustly wronged and now he's been vindicated. Or are you one of those people who hates justice?

What's the difference between a dead baby and a Butterfinger?

About 500 calories.

>Get fired

>backlash to being fired is big

>get hired for big movie by competition of the people who fired you

>the people who fired you rehire you but let you work with their competition too

Pretty much everything worked out amazingly for him in the end.

what's the next step in his master plan?

the justice for gunn would be if he got Fired

Crashing Suicide Squad

Fucking this. It’s hilarious that people tried to claim this wasn’t a factor when realistically it was the main issue.

GUNNN!

enacting his edgy jokes live on kimmel

Could be interesting though, Pratt and Saldana will be in their early 40s by the time it actually comes out. It will of course still have Gunn's sense of humor but we could see a more weatherbeaten GOTG with uniforms

maybe delaying GOTG3 was part of the plan. In order to use characters they couldn't use before march 2019

>shill strikes again
you guys are never tired, aren't you?

Who was the first? RDJ in prison?

No, that would be injustice. James Gunn did nothing wrong and only retarded people say he did.

Just dropping in to say the first Scooby Doo movie is great.

get your gunn user
youtube.com/watch?v=phjXoYqYE2U

otherwise he gets your underage ass

Which scooby-doo movie?

Tim Roth was molested by his grandfather. His movie THE WAR ROOM was semi-autobiographical.

Attached: Blonsky.png (612x816, 896K)

You're proving my point, user. You're retarded.

jews are known pedos

>So all that dumb bullshit was for nothing then?

Our culture in a nutshell: lots of righteous indignation and pretending to have principles but nothing really changing in the end. The appearance of accomplishing something is less important than actually fixing what anybody claims to be upset about.

best posts of the thread

at least I'm not a pedo, unlike gunn

Crash both franchises with no survivors.

With no survivors!

>He should make it shit on purpose just as a fuck you to the cunts

The old Sam Raimi tactic

Why would I believe you, retard? You're lying about James Gunn, you're probably lying about not being a pedo.

>Why would I believe you, retard?
because deep down you know I'm right

i feel like youre just actively choosing to not understand the point hes trying to make

More like deep down you long for your fourth grader niece.

No, deep down I think you're projecting.

The first live action one.

It's fun. I mean, it has acouple stupid scenes, but it's funny and the actors are all great for the roles.

Point being there's no signs of it slowing or dying

I see that I stroke a nerve, the way gunn strokes little toddlers

This decision was 100% effected by Captain Marvel

Disney is in too much drama and needs to get the core Marvel fanbase back, they had to buy tickets to Captain Marvel to meet the opening weekend projections and avoid losing money from a lack of word of mouth

Theaters were EMPTY despite selling out tickets

he's a romantic little shit
sad part is he'd have went the Brendan Fraser way if he wasnt massively more successfull than Brendan

which DC character would you cast Depp as for a DC streaming show?

John Goodman can carry a show, but Gunn was pretty clearly the lead voice in Guardians.

We won bros!

this supports the theory that disney simply wanted gunn out of the way because his employment could jeopardise the fox deal if he was still hired at the time. Now the date for the acquisition is set in stone and nothing can be done to cancel, they'd hire gunn back.
Basically please the squeeky clean shareholders until it was out of their hands

That's why they rehire a renowned pedophile? What could possibly go wrong?

Killmonger / Afro-Futurism / Soundtrack worked well, but the main plot was pretty bland.

it's not that people think he's amazing but both gotg movies were pretty good and by him so people hve reason to believe his third will still be pretty good.

>John Goodman can carry a show
Can he play every role? Call the show "A Few Goodmen?"

people love that shit, they pay money to watch that shit, and until a miracle happens, it's going to stay that way. mcu = mcdonalds

because the fans, hate captain marvel, the fans like GOTG and james gunn and were pissed he got fired over bullshit

if captain marvel wasnt a critical flop, they probably wouldnt have got gunn back

if brie larson wasnt a miserable cunt, bad actress and charisma black hole, they probably wouldnt have got gunn back

Did Gunn somehow come out of this situation as one of most powerful comic book movie directors?

I think that would be a big massive finger to the fans. I mean Disney just allowed captain marvel to be a thing. They clearly don't care about standards but the fans do

/pol/ btfo

Who is Brendan Fraser?
>Constantine

We won!

>critical flop
Says who? The massive amounts of money and praise

Seething casualcuck

I think you're the one that wants to snake your tongue into a girl's mouth and taste the heady mix of Lunchables and Oreos

user, let's face it, marvelfags are idiots, they'll support everything, no matter how bad it is. cm being flop or not is irrelevant, people will still see endgame

you can say that he knows his audience. intimately

JUST

That's right, keep piling on the conspiracy theories. That will make it all better.

Remember, Marvel gets 100% of their movies gross on opening weekend from theaters, they have no reason not invest in a movie to build up hype, thus ensuring they get good word of mouth and publicity for the following weeks.

Apparently you dont know what the word, critical means

>conspiracy theories
We know Rotten Tomatoes deleted negative user reviews to keep it positive

well shoot my ass and call me zoroaster, but anyone who thinks its a bad thing to do, shouldn't be working as an accountant on the outskirts of town

If we can forgive MJ, we can forgive Gunn

>Wow, the MCU is toast. This movie doesn't have any of the MCU's big actors. People aren't going to go see it.

Said by this user before the release of Guardians of the Galaxy in 2014.

>he cheers a pedophile
yikes

not that guy but who gives a shit about wether it's a critical success? worst case scenario they don't do a captain marvel 2, it's not like they don't have half a dozen other movies to throw resources at

frankly, I don't have a problem with gunn, I just enjoy making fun out of his pedophile tendencies

True, a man of culture ought to be able to take some lighthearted ribbing. Sort of like a 12 year old.

Thank Gunn that I had a beard when I was a teenager. It spared me a lot of tromatic experiences

what

I'd legitimately watch that...

People in Dc make not only bad decisions but bed decisions too

Meh. I'm done with the MCU after the bitching from both sides of the Captain Carol bullshit. Fuck all these cunts. There are actually good movies still being made. At least until Disney buys them too.

Name one good movie this year that had zero involvement with Disney

But noone said nor implied that, shitposter.

>We know Rotten Tomatoes deleted negative user reviews to keep it positive

Yes, that's a good example of a conspiracy theory.

He's playing 5D Chess. Mike Cernovich and the Trumptrainees were just his pawns.

Attached: 86860-111373-access.jpg (420x640, 18K)