SUPERMAN: YEAR ONE regular covers, #1 release date announced

>Superman: Year One by writer Frank Miller and artist John Romita Jr. is now scheduled to launch June 19 in a special, large-format size whose details are unspecified. The three-issue series, part of DC's Black Label imprint, is scheduled to run every-other-month with a collected edition following on November 12.

>Superman: Year One is described by the publisher as the "definitive origin story" for the Man of Steel.

>"Superman: Year One is a coming-of-age story for the future Man of Steel, featuring a young alien-boy just trying to find his place in a new world," reads DC's description of the title. "Faced with the need to hide his heritage and powers in order to survive, Clark will find his humanity through the grounding of the Kent family and the relationships that will define the man he will become."

>"Told by two of the most revered voices in comics, Superman: Year One is more than a superhero story - it’s about the choices made by Clark Kent on his path to becoming a legend. It’s a testament to the importance of choosing to become a hero."

>Superman: Year One was announced back at 2017's Comic-Con International: San Diego, with Miller describing it then as a 100-page graphic novel. The book was originally scheduled to debut in August 2018, but was later pushed back to November 2018.

>Superman: Year One #1 (of 3) is now scheduled to come out June 19, 2019.

newsarama.com/44327-miller-romita-s-superman-year-one-landing-this-june.html

[JRJR drew the individual issue covers while Miller illustrated the cover of the collected edition.]

Attached: 1_Superman_Year1_CVR1.jpg?1552664839.jpg (2543x3245, 3.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2018/10/07
youtube.com/watch?v=AB3uVARNhmM
newsarama.com/44329-dc-comics-june-2019-solicitations.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 2_Superman_Year1_CVR2.jpg (2543x3245, 2.44M)

Does everyone need a “Year One” story? Flash is getting one too

>John Romita Jr.
Absolutely dropped

Attached: 3_Superman_Year1_CVR3.jpg (2543x3245, 2.16M)

(Logo not final)

This was leaked by PRH

Attached: 4_Superman_Year1_collection.jpg (2543x3245, 2.04M)

Rad. First Big Two comic I pick up in ages.

i remember frank miller saying hed like to write a book about superman in ww2 i hope this is it

I am so excited for more modern Miller madness.

this looks pretty good compared to JRjr's previous Superman output
im keeping an eye on this book

Attached: IMG_8007.jpg (655x994, 330K)

>them cartoon colours
That shade of red does things to me

>June 19, 2019.
Fucking finally.

It was originally due to last november.

Better colorist, less LINES and a cover that isn't the most boring form of dynamic all help

>JRJR
I’m in.

>Supes and Whores will come out in your lifetime
Color me surprised

Attached: Joey Samoey Chokes Bork.jpg (500x500, 35K)

>JRJR post early aughts
I'm good y'all

Has Frank Miller written anything good since 300? I’m curious.

I don't think so.

Good? No
Serviceable? Some

Looks great. Frank Miller's work after he jumped the shark( DKSA, ASBAR, Holy Terror) has always been more entertaining and enjoyable than his rather overrated works on Dark Knight Returns and Daredevil, which don't particularly hold the tests of time.

Nice cover but he seems too young

Is this top contrarianism?

>Frank Miller
>writing a Superman story

Attached: giphy.gif (480x277, 2.62M)

That's not foreshortening, Supes left leg really is shorter than his right.

Read DKR again. Frank actually gets Superman.

Why's his arm so long?

there will be thicc lois ?

Attached: 3jx267c4wedx.jpg (1200x1822, 470K)

Granted this is by Miller, who did Batman: Year One and started everything. Though just like Batman, this should be Millerverse Superman and not general Superman.

Sinclair's colors are a lot worse though. Christ you're ignorant.

You mean like the part where Superman is made into a governmental stooge, doing the business of the US government, gets hit with a nuclear missile and is shown to vampirically drain the life out of a lush country-side so he can keep living? Cause if there's two things that I know about Superman, the first is that working for the US government is something he always does without hesitation or moral consideration, and he DEFINITELY kills everything around him to perpetuate his own life. Oh, and don't forget about the sequel where Superman stages a fascist takeover of the entire planet.

Please, sign me right the fuck up so I can have more of an addled mad-man making nonsense out of the greatest superhero of all time. Maybe the comics store clerk can punch me in the balls too, just to make the whole transaction as consistent as possible.

>Governmental stooge
Because they had his friends hostage

>Vampirically drain the life out of a lush country-side
Shown to be a child of Earth cared for by his mother.

Get fucked moron.

It’s almost like that was a separate continuity from the regular dc universe

Oh yeah, cause this is meant to be a positive image, and not something other-worldly, eerie or creepy. This is certainly a positive depiction of Superman, who is, without a doubt, doing a good thing.

Whether it's in continuity or not doesn't make it a good interpretation or re-telling of the character.

Attached: 6Hexf.jpg (600x678, 97K)

>Because they had his friends hostage

You know what Superman typically does when the bad guys have his friends hostage? He saves them, and brings the bad guys to justice, because that's what Superman does. He finds the best possible solution when there isn't one readily found. He doesn't work with tyrants and war-lords out of expediency.

Attached: ac 14-04.jpg (544x666, 171K)

To this day it's still hard for me to accept that BYO Batman is the same one as pic.

Attached: ASB&R.jpg (1024x589, 215K)

Jesus fuck, JRJr just keeps getting worse. Someone needs to amputate his hands already.

>Not getting that the entire scene is to show that Superman is on the side of Earth, not the United States, and that the Earth cares for him like a son.

Your reading comprehension skills are sub-middle school.

He worked against the government you moron. It's why he didn't rat out Batman in the end and threw the fight. He did what he could.

maybe, MAYBE Miller can pull this shit off since he's always wanted to bring Superman back to his routes but man JRJR is just the wrong fucking choice

It won't be the TDKR Superman, that was Millers commentary on how the character was being ruined by making him a corporate propaganda sellout

>actually gets Superman
He gets he was being used like this, If you think TDKR superman is true Superman you are delusional

If anyone has the right to write another “Year One” it’s Miller, but origin stories are a dime a dozen for Superman. We just recently had Man and Superman by Wolfman which was yet another fucking origin story.

I always thought it was the residual radiation of the Nuke washing off of him that killed everything.

oh no

>This is your brain on superhero movies

You're talking to fanboys who assume writers are also fanboys and don't understand what writing is all about. It doesn't matter what the story is trying to say and if it's good at it or not, it only matters that your favorite superhero comes off as the best ever. The kind of people that made Geoff Johns a successful writer.

Where does sin city fall on this spectrum?

>doesn't matter what the story is trying to say and if it's good at it or not, it only matters that your favorite superhero comes off as the best ever.
Do you like what King is doing with Batman?

No, but because I generally don't like King as a writer, not because "he doesn't get Batman". Heroes In Crisis is shit too.

It'll be DKSA Superman, which is worse. Frank Miller already promised that each issue will see Superman dating two women, which includes Wonder Woman, and by the end all the women will come back as Superman's harem.

>Because they had his friends hostage
It wasn't his friend, it was the blotted city of Kandor contained the miniaturized kryptonians. His people. The same people that later tried to take over the world when freed in the third book.

>which includes Wonder Woman
Oh, boy.

>Kandorians aren't his friends
user...

He gave it a lot less lines then the new52 suit originally had. He got the balance just about right.
The ones in the middle of the arms could go but the ones around the shoulders and especially the ribs are nice.

Even then he was still well characterized. He was a man who made a hard decision to save his friends and loved ones, and then being Superman followed through on that decision to the fullest.

Attached: Superman Wink TDKR.jpg (736x569, 63K)

He said that Superman will bang all his love interests in every issue: Lana, Lemaris, Lois, Diana, Kara, Cat, and so on. Yes, he's going to bang his cousin baby girl. It's going to be hilarious.

You both got it wrong.

DKR: Superman agrees to work for the government in agreement that the government doesn't go after any of the other superheroes. Braniac and Luthor aren't in control of the government at this time.

DK2: Braniac and Luthor are in control of the government and holds Kandor hostage.

> It'll be DKSA Superman, which is worse
Read the epilogue to The Dark Knight 3, everything people complained about his version of Superman he rectified with that.

The government also threatened to start a nuclear war against Superheroes if he didn't comply.

Well, his friends were cunts and tried to take over the world.

And Superman fucked their shit up

There were more Kandorians than the evil ones. Unlike what Bendis would have you believe Superman has had friends in Kandor for decades.

>Read the epilogue to The Dark Knight 3, everything people complained about his version of Superman he rectified with that.
Nah. The Master Race was terrible and differently from Strikes Again had nothing interesting to offer in terms of script and art. Just because it had Batman cumming about how Superman is a great fighter or Superman trying to be a father after being a deadbeat father throughout the previous books that doesn't change anything. The entire book is still awful.

Because of Batman.
Every Kandorian shown was evil. Hell, even Superman's daughter was an evil cunt. Well, Wonder Woman's also a huge cunt in it.

> You know what Superman typically does when the bad guys have his friends hostage? He saves them, and brings the bad guys to justice, because that's what Superman does. He finds the best possible solution when there isn't one readily found. He doesn't work with tyrants and war-lords out of expediency.
It wasn't for expediency, and Reagan & the American people who voted to outlaw superheroes aren't tyrants nor bad guys.
This was the best possible solution, the only alternative was rebelling against America & the will of it's people.
Read Superman's narration during the scenes with him fighting Russians in TDKR.

Superman also doesn't start nuclear wars on American soil you fucking retard.

The book is weak but nothing about it approaches awful.
The point is his narration was hopeful & inspiring showing that Miller understand what Superman is suppose to be now.

But he very obviously always understood per this scene Just because he had a narrative that made Superman an antagonist doesn't mean he doesn't get the character.

If Miller could only understand Superman by the end of the third book, then... well, he doesn't seem to understand Superman at all. And that epilogue felt empty and hallow. Don't try to present Superman as a good boy after showing him killing tons of innocent people during a session of supersex.

>Frank Miller understands Superman

Attached: Batman - The Dark Knight Strikes Again (2002) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr-Batman - The Dark Knight S (1988x3056, 500K)

>Superman's attitude cannot become dark after 20+ years of emotional abuse by his greatest enemy and 20 years of doing work for the government that he finds morally reprehensible.

>At least one editor looked at these and thought "This anatomy is perfectly fine."

Attached: 1303778982220.jpg (402x285, 16K)

Yes. The Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade was great

>Though just like Batman, this should be Millerverse Superman and not general Superman.
Year one is canon and ran in the ongoing, casual

People that include it in the millerverse are idiots

It was mostly written by Brian Azzarello.

>Implying he's wrong
Fuck the "I'm just a good ol' boy from Kansas" shit that's taken over Superman like a cancer ever since Byrneman.

Superman is not human and that's okay.

So was DK3

Miller's ascribe to the idea that Superman's superior and see himself above us. We're like little dumb creatures that he oversees like children. That can be your Superman, but it's not my Superman.

> Superman is not allowed to have disillusioned low points in life even in a ALTERNATE FUCKING REALITY!!!

That's not Superman being dellusioned or at a low point. That's Superman waking up to his reality and it's supposed to be a high point for him.

Are we going to see Clark subjugate and rape Diana, the way Frank described in DKSA? Would the editors even allow that after the Batpenis controversy? I wanted to see that.

>Hating on Romita Jr.
Fucking zoomers.

JrJr is shit, though.

His issues of "Avengers vs X-Men" may be the ugliest comic books in history.

bleedingcool.com/2018/10/07 ... nycc-2018/
>Miller then talked about how “Superman has the best girlfriends in comics” and “should be the sexiest character around– Batman jumps then either falls or catches a rope – Superman stays up!” the crowd found this hilarious. Miller talked about the scene in Richard Donner’s Superman movie where Superman flies at night with “the beautiful Lois Lane” and called it “one of the most natural and erotic scenes in fantasy film”.
>“I mean the guy has a mermaid in his life!” exclaimed Miller. He then talked about how each issue of Superman Year One features a different love interest – Lana Lang, Lois Lane, Lori Lemaris and “I’m pushing for a certain Amazon to get involved” (obviously Wonder Woman)
Oh, and Batman will also show up in it as an antagonist. The book pretty feels like a continuation of ALL-STAR BATMAN AND THE BOY WONDER.

Attached: Batman - The Dark Knight Strikes Again (2002) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr-Batman - The Dark Knight S (1988x3056, 1.26M)

I mean, we already have Earth One which is exactly this. Why? Definitely the least interesting title of Black Label, at least for me.

Get fucked.

To be fair, I like Batman Year One and Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot. Miller has a tendency to be a bit all over the place as a storyteller. An exemplar of this is "Give Me Liberty".

JRJR can be good, but AvX was atrocious user

>I’m pushing for a certain Amazon to get involved
Miller probably masturbates to fanarts of Superman and Wonder Woman. Dude is completely obssessed with that.

This is going to be funny as hell.

Attached: bomdiaflordodia.jpg (416x416, 55K)

There are going to be more book,
>SUPERMAN: YEAR ONE, with John Romita, Jr., where a part of the series will be about Superman's many love interests: Lana Lang, Lori Lemaris, Lois Lane, and of course Wonder Woman.
>THE DARK KNIGHT: THE GOLDEN CHILD, with Rafael Grampa, which will be all about Superman and Wonder Woman's child. It's not clear if it is about Lara or Jon, or both of them.
>THE DARK KNIGHT: CARRIE KELLEY, with Ben Caldwell, which will be all about Batman's partner: Robin/Catwoman Carrie Kelley.
And two other mystery books.

Attached: file.png (1500x1874, 1.93M)

Bro, he is not the same artist he was on his ASM run. He hasn't been for years.

kek it really is going to Supes and Whores

>Batman jumps then either falls or catches a rope – Superman stays up!
Is that... is that a penis joke?

It's all so tiring after awhile.

Attached: Year One Comparison.png (850x1000, 1.59M)

Frank should have never done Superman: Year One. As a Superman fan, this will just cement to people that Batman is superior. Batman: Year One was done when Frank was at his highest. It has beautiful art. This is not only going to have shit art, but is done by crazy Frank and will be filled with stupid, vapid shit. Goddamn it. Anyone reading it will say that Batman: Year One is the superior product.

>what is silver/bronze age superman

He felt more like a kryptonian for a long long time

I like him he just doesn't do a good superman

>Anyone reading it will say that Batman: Year One is the superior product.
And as another Superman fan, they will be correct, especially when DC is saying
>Superman: Year One is described by the publisher as the "definitive origin story" for the Man of Steel.
Christ I wish DC could get it's head out of it's ass.

Attached: Green_Lantern_Vol_5-29_Cover-1_Teaser.jpg (780x1200, 497K)

>Romita Jr.
>drawing the definitive origin story
I just hope they don't decide to make this comic canon across the board. Specially if it's going to have more SMWW retardation. Or maybe that's Didio plan? We all know Bendis is trying everything he can to sabotage Superman and Lois marriage.

>it's another DC can't decide which Superman Origin they want to go with episode

The history of this shit after birthright came out is embarrising, they are in the same situation they were in before, they have 2 concurrent origins with Morrisons action and Johns awful fucking Secret Origins. Meanwhile Batman still has Year One.

>DC reveals that Jon Kent is biologically Superman and Wonder Woman's baby through insemination (or not) because Lois couldn't carry to term

Attached: 1395627383180.jpg (400x400, 34K)

Part of me kind of likes his face here ...

,,, but another part of me see this body and just wants to throw up,

and another part of me is just sad to see a poor imitation

Attached: Superman Returns.jpg (1280x1024, 411K)

When did Clark become the property for over the hill creators? Between Miller, Bendis, and JRJR, it's almost almost like they are refusing to let anyone not over the hill work on him.

>Superman and Wonder Woman dated and had an accidental miracle that neither could commit to because of their role as super-heroes
>Superman then gets with Lois Lane and Lois decide to raise the baby as her own
>Lois reveals all of this in the upcoming tell-all book she has been shown writing in Bendis' Superman and Action books
The meltdown this would cause would be hilarious. Kinda wish it can happen.

Attached: Joey.jpg (500x379, 26K)

>Meanwhile Batman still has Year One.
WHICH IS STILL BEING REFERENCED AS RECENTLY AS THIS MONTH.
For arguably being THE origin story people across the world know so well that it can be summarized in 4 fucking panels, they really refuse to choose a definitive version of it.

Attached: The First Part, at Least.jpg (1024x1587, 578K)

Grant Morrison's Action Comics run could have still been the new origin of Superman following Rebirth if kept in isolation, since during the entire run Lois have a heavy presence in it. Hell, the Kents are still dead without an explanation following Rebirth so i don't see why not.

The problem was Geoff Johns and his desire to make his Secret Origin book the canon one. Now Didio is fucking him over by making Frank Miller's the new definitive origin. What a shit-show.

I wish they'd just make it morrisons action. Secret Origin is so fucking bad, it's just a weird zombie fanboy version of the silver age and donner movies without Clark ever actually fucking growing or facing adversity outside of kryptonite.

Well, not Miller's Superman and his Bitches: Year One is the canon one.

Yeah, that'd suck ass. I was angry when OMD happened, but it taught me how to become Didio's nightmare.
At this point though, Jon is already ruined by Bendis. That'd just be pissing on top of ashes.
I'm already waiting for the next reboot of the DCU. That'd just solidify it for me.

I mean are we sure "Definitive Origin" isn't just advertising? It's an adult label for one so I doubt it will be the canon origin plus if it's shit (which is likely) DC won't make it canon

Superman looks like THAT?

So this is out of continuity, right?

Most characters have HAD a Year One already. DC did themed Annuals in the 90s, and one year it was all Year One stories. Nearly every DC hero has had a Year One, albeit only in the form of an Annual in the 90s.

Get fucked.

It's Frank Miller, user. It well sell based on his name and the title "Year One" alone. Also several of the Black Label comics will be canon to the main line. Johns' Three Jokers, for example, is a Black Label comic and that will be a major Batman event that will shape the Batman continuity going forward.

Black Label is just their way of elevating the status of books. It's a place for Elseworlds, and things that aren't necessarily canon unless someone decides for them to be. If Black Label was a thing when Batman Year One, The Killing Joke, or even Doomsday Clock were started, you can bet your ass they all would have been part of it.

>Rafael Grampa
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE
fuck yes

>So this is out of continuity, right?
It will be canon.

That'd be nice. I am a little hungover though, so tonight probably wouldn't work, but thank you for suggesting it.

>Kara
Gonna source on that one

Morrison's Action is retarded shit

Dark Knight III was OK with a few great moments.

The Last Crusade was surprisingly solid.

The 300 prequel that came out a few months ago was also pretty decent.

Once Miller recovered from his alcoholism and returned to the industry a few years ago his writing actually drastically improved. As a basic rule, you can separate Miller's work quality by decade.

80s Miller = Literally the best writing ever in comics.

90s Miller = High quality writing, though (intentionally) over-reliant on genre conventions, so it hasn't aged quite as well as his 80s work.

2000s Miller = SHIT (the alcoholism period).

2010s Miller = OK. Obviously not on par with his classics that made him a legend in the industry, but better than most of what's coming out nowadays.

Dude, it's been confirmed as non-canon YEARS ago.

It was fucking great and had a nice progression of golden, to silver, to modern age superman giving us a true version of the character without any retarded shit like him being born in america or just rehashing donner.

KEK ok I want this now

DC just said it'll be the definitive origin.

What the fuck is wrong with his leg. And most of the cover art

>Supermans face

what in the literal fuck, who drew this what the fuck were they going for neanderthal superman?

youtube.com/watch?v=AB3uVARNhmM

HE literally said he wants to rectify what was done to Superman

Frank.

What was done by who?

He has been saying that since Returns, and his attempts to do it are extremely juvenile. His idea of rectifying is showing Superman as the strongest, sexiest god ever to walk on Earth. Just Superman showing how awesome he is by scaring people with his strength and having graphic sex scenes.

Solicits are out

newsarama.com/44329-dc-comics-june-2019-solicitations.html

Meet Leviathan

EVENT LEVIATHAN #1
written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
variant cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
The groundbreaking and always-inventive team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Alex Maleev (Jinxworld’s SCARLET, Marvel’s Daredevil) reunite on a mystery thriller that stretches across the DC Universe and touches every character from Batman to Superman to the Question to Talia al Ghul. With startling ease, a newly dangerous and aggressive Leviathan wipes out all its competition and now turns its sights to molding the world into its vision of order. Can the new threat’s growth be stopped...and who’s guiding its new agents of chaos?
ON SALE 06.12.19
$3.99 US | 1 of 6 | 32 PAGES
FC | RATED T+
This issue will ship with two covers.
Please see the order form for details.
Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.

Attached: leviathan.jpg (791x1200, 208K)

>His idea of rectifying is showing Superman as the strongest, sexiest god ever to walk on Earth. Just Superman showing how awesome he is by scaring people with his strength and having graphic sex scenes.
Got you senpai.

Attached: Dark Knight III - The Master Race (2015-) 009-017.jpg (1988x3056, 795K)

It is very cool, and a significant departure from how he has depicted Superman thus far.

It is also very not-Superman.

Attached: Dark Knight III - The Master Race (2015-) 009-018.jpg (1988x3056, 762K)

whose face is he annihilating? a thug or a kandorian?

Oh, look. Batman acting awed by how awesome Superman is at fighting. So Superman fanboys can have an argument whenever someone bring up Dark Knight Returns, despite DKR make it obvious that Superman didn't want to fight his friend.

What a mature take on Superman.

One of the invading fucks. Were they from Kandor?

wait nvm

I agree its dumb but a lot of people who bring up that TDKR fight have probably just watched the youtube clip and are drooling retards who need something like this to spell it out for them

based

Yes, they were the Kandorians Superman was betrayed everyone for. They repaid Superman's sacrifice by trying to take over the Earth and annihilating the humans.

I want to see this

>despite DKR make it obvious that Superman didn't want to fight his friend.
It wasn't obvious enough for some people.

Attached: zack-snyder-photo.jpg (275x400, 129K)

Superman didn't want to fight Batman in Batman v Superman either, though,

Eh, I don't think Miller writing Superman as a main character will be anything like when he's written him as a supporting character in the Batman universe.

In fact, since he knows Superman is a different sort of character, this probably won't be grimdark at all.

It'll probably be like how Morrison didn't really know what to do with Wonder Woman in JLA, and how his Wonder Woman: Earth One is a totally different take, because he focused on her and what he wants to do with the character and what makes her tick. It ended up being superior to his JLA Wonder Woman, who was just kinda "there."

That's why he threw him from the ground thought the side and roof of a building. Because he didn't want to fight.
Additionally, his "not wanting to fight" didn't stop Batman from being able to stop and almost kill him with no qualifications.
Personally though I spoiled that image because I didn't want to derail the thread. Agree to disagree.

As shitty a director as Snyder is, damn, he's a handsome man.

>Additionally, his "not wanting to fight" didn't stop Batman from being able to stop and almost kill him with no qualifications.
Batman able to take Superman down with kryptonite, specially a Superman who doesn't want to fight, is nothing to cry about.

Not as much these days.

Attached: 1470154219644.png (209x271, 102K)

Both wrong/right, he didn't want to fight initially then he got gassed and punched in the head alot so he got pissed off.

Anyway agree to disagree but agree about not wanting to derail thread just wanted to put my two cents in

is he gonna be alright?

That was from before his daughter an heroed, so he has probably gotten worse.

derp derp derp, worst origin ever

I doubt you needed to spoiler your first line

>That was from before his daughter an heroed, so he has probably gotten worse.

fuck, hope he gets better

old photo is old

Attached: Zack-Snyder-Wipes-His-Ass-With-Your-Happiness.jpg (550x666, 260K)

Not crying, user. Just going back to what was in this thread.
Superman was holding back in DKR, and it was described as obvious, but apparently not to such a degree that it was deemed unnecessary to confirm it 30 years later for those who it was not clear enough for which I would argue included a particular director.

ok

But like i said Superman didn't want to fight Batman in the movie. Superman essentially almost let himself be killed in the movie.

Pls stop arguing he said agree to disagree keep this thread relatively comfy I'm sick of arguments about snyder ruining every Superman thread

So let's go back about Miller sucks after Returns and how this Superman book is going to be an entertaining mess.

Exactly, I'm so goddamned excited for this book even though it will be shit you know it's gonna be entertaining

Fucking retard. Literally everything Superman does in Miller's books goes against this. If he believed humans were dumb little creatures he would just take over the USA, not bow to Regan and Luthor.

He bowed to Lex Luthor and Brainiac because they had the miniaturized kryptonians from the bottled citty of Kandor held hostage. Not because they threatened humanity, but because they threatened kryptonians. Then in the end he revolts and vow to never bow down to humans like Luthor ever again. He'll be acting as a benevolent tyrant. Hell, he even killed tons of innocent beings by super-fucking Wonder Woman which created tons of calamity just so he could prove her that he was still the superior man that took what he wanted she initially fell in love with (after he bested and raped her into submission).

This is how Miller writes Superman.

Attached: Batman - The Dark Knight Strikes Again-114.jpg (1988x3056, 1.15M)

>Kenneth Rocafort
but also
>Bendis
Fucking waste

What the fuck is wrong with his leg. And most of the cover art

Humanity, his friends and humanity were explicitly threatened in TDKR, the government said they were going to war with Superheroes, so Superman and the heroes made a deal to stop it.

Bendis notoriously hogs all the good artists in an effort to polish his turd scripts.

Returns was when Miller was sane.

So your argument is that he knew how to write Superman and then went crazy? Where the fuck are your goalposts nigger?

Holy terror

No, Superman sucked in Returns. He bowed down to the government and hunted his own friends. He ripped Green Arrow's arms. Miller was criticizing Superman in Returns. More specifically the neutered version that was mostly used as a patriotic propaganda.

>Now Didio is fucking him over by making Frank Miller's the new definitive origin.

Wait, when did they even say Miller's will actually be in-continuity? Black Label was for out-of-continuity stuff.

Black Label are prestige comics for in-and-out-of-continuity books. Johns' Three Jokers is a Black Label book and that book is very much in-continuity as a follow-up to Darkseid War.

Three Jokers seems to be a one off thing since they didnt know what to do with that retarded plot from Darkseid War.

Other books will be canon also.

does the mean he gonna be the motherfucking superman we already got the god damn batman now its time for motherfucking superman

So you have absolutely no argument and just change it when points are made against you that counter your narrative? Please kill yourself faggot.

My point is that Miller's Superman sucks.

He's a fantastic antagonist in TDKR. DKSA and DK3 aren't good to begin with. So basically it's an argument of NOT MUH?

This. Fuck Frank Miller. Also,

>there will be thicc lois ?
This is a very important question which is being ignored. If Miller gives me Mrs. THICC, then I'm in.

No it won't. Black Label is entire out-of-continuity stuff.

Three Jokers is Black Label and that's a follow up to Darkseid War.

This sounds pretty fucking great.

This confirms that it's the Dark Knight continuity then?

That doesn't mean the OFFICIAL origin, you fucking moron.

It's Dark Knight continuity. They even mentioned that it'll have him dating Wonder Woman, which is a Dark Knight continuity thing and not a main DC universe thing.

It's both a Dark Knight continuity thing and main continuity. If it was only a Dark Knight continuity thing the book would be called Dark Knight: Superman or something. They purposely took the Dark Knight title out of it.

Superman: Year One will be like Batman: Year One, an origin that's canon to Miller's works and the main canon.

Is Dark Knight IV still happening? Miller said when Dark Knight III ended that he had plans for Dark Knight IV.

>which is a Dark Knight continuity thing and not a main DC universe thing.
New 52 said hi.

No. That's... not how it works. Superman hooking up with Wonder Woman and having a kid together is a Dark Knight continuity thing that never happened in the main universe. And it's already confirmed that their relationship is part of the story, which confirms that it's now in the main continuity.

That's been retconned out of existence and you know it.

It can easily be brought back. The ones against it were Dan Jurgens and Geoff Johns and they don't have a say anymore.

meh

I'll probably pirate it and when I can be fussed to, might read it but since I've pirated TDK and NEVER read it, who knows

It’s coming back nigger. But it’s hust at the begging of Superman’s career

Why

Frank Miller at his worst is better than anyone else working at the Big 2 right now at their best

I wouldn't say that, but he's definitely somewhere in the Top Five.

This. I hate it.

Attached: 1545118495340.jpg (328x727, 117K)

I'm willing to believe this is just a bad cover because the others look fine, but after last crusade i deffo expected better quality, it's hard to be a JrJr fan these days

>Another Superman origin story
For fuck sake Superman Earth One and Birthright aren't even that old. Plus we only had Man of Steel 6 years ago.

Anatomy isn't that import. Gesture is what most artists focus on.