I just want to start off by saying if you want an answer at the end, prepare to be disappointed. There just isn't one

I just want to start off by saying if you want an answer at the end, prepare to be disappointed. There just isn't one.

Attached: squidward's suicide.png (1366x768, 517K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/nosleep/wiki/contest_winners
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For you

What makes a good creepypasta anyway? Is HumperMonkey's Ghost Story a good example?

Attached: 1551623346461.jpg (480x479, 68K)

The best ones were made quite a while ago

Now even ones using technically good technique and the like seem dull because we've seen it all so many times before

So more to the point, a good creepypasta needs to find a way to be new but not also fall on its face with the gimmick

are people out there still writing masterpieces like Dipper goes to Taco Bell?
I miss content like that

Isn't that just a shockfic like Cupcakes?

Yeah, but then the 50 Foot Ant add ons got kind of gay

OOOOOOOOOOO SPOOOOKY

You can look up here for shit like Bill killing the Hill family.

yes pretty much, but there haven't been any notable shockfics and creepypastas in years

The only thing that separates creepypasta from other short fiction really is the theming of it being something that actually happened. A modern urban legend or folktale.

NoSleep uses (or is at least supposed to) use the same format but in longer form.

Attached: He Didn't Survive.png (300x300, 79K)

Give me some good creepypasta

reddit.com/r/nosleep/wiki/contest_winners

Thats sorta why NoSleep sucks though, it itself ruins the immersion that should be there by not letting you have that "Urban Legend" effect. The best modern equivalent to a creepypasta is weird ARGs that shoot for suspension of disbelief and immersion.

Attached: SUSIEBOXXY.png (1206x1127, 365K)

Those ARGs break my immersion faster than anything on nosleep

>wow holy shit this ghost talks in base32 for some reason so spook

Man I am not talking that shit, fuuuuck that, people need to learn that making people decode dumb shit doesnt make it not dumb shit. Everyman hybrid, while dated, was good, most of the early slender shit was, and they did it, so now every hack out there thinks imitation = success. Don't Hug Me I'm Scared was effective, probably the best modern example even if it doesn't follow every definition of ARG.

Attached: DELETTHISSUSIE.png (270x422, 28K)

AND THE CARTOON KILLS WHOEVER WATCHES IT

LUCKILY I WAS IN THE BATHROOM AT THE TIME SO I CAN TELL YOU ABOUT IT

BUT IT'S STILL OUT THERE

Based

Attached: the_mcdonald_s_building_creepypasta_by_hereforsmut-d6w30rj.png (684x969, 191K)

Jesus Christ this is one of those bad on purpose ones right?

>See corpses all over the place
>Decide to take a break and eat some McDonald's

Attached: 1552254457543.jpg (255x287, 9K)

>shoot gun off lock to break into a mcdonalds
>having a quick snack in an abattoir
Yes

>Just a random ass bomb sitting on a table
>sets it off with a pocket lighter to open the door he specifically sensed evil behind

I'd say genuine.
Writer was probably an ESL teenager. I mean I'm ESL and that's the kind of thing I'd have written when i was like 14.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (676x572, 112K)

Ah, you must not be American. Well here across the pond as you Brits like to say, that's standard practice. Granted, we don't have as many street corpses as we had in the 70's, but McDonalds is still a favorite!

ESL? English Sign Language or am I retarded?

second language

This shitpasta becomes way scarier if you imagine the creature as the one in that jesus christ painting that was ruined by some random lady.

English AS a second language

WELL OF COURSE HE KNOWS YOU'RE AWAKE, YOU'RE TYPING UP THIS FUCKING ESSAY WHILE YOU SHOULD BE PRETENDING TO BE ASLEEP YOU DUMB SHIT

Attached: jvk.png (746x4207, 536K)

Better than 99% of videogame creepypastas.

Yeah it's one of the few unironically good ones because it actually does ride the line between being supernatural or just an insane person.

>that pic
Is that AF Branco? What kind of paint thinner is he huffing these days?

Shit like that are both legendary and horrifying. Thanks for reminding me

Attached: 40FEEA2E-230B-4DAA-B1EB-8FED7BEB825C.jpg (640x484, 16K)

>leddit

You're about 12 years late to complain about your secret club

Bump