Musker & Clemens could have adapted Terry Pratchett's Mort

>Musker & Clemens could have adapted Terry Pratchett's Mort
>Made Moana instead
Fuck this timeline

Attached: turbo-waifu-fodder.jpg (300x538, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hUJoR4vlIIs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wasn't the problem that they would've had to buy the rights to the entire series when they just wanted to make Mort?

That sounds interesting.

That and the suits suddenly got hesitant about the idea of Death being a good guy in one of their movies.

What can I say except "You're Welcome"

Well played

The concept art by Keane's daughter is pretty cool btw

Attached: not-ysabel.jpg (740x464, 76K)

You're saying this as if a Disney adaptation would have been any good.

Which studio would do it better iyo?

Probably Laika?
I honestly feel the Discworld books don't really lend themselves to movie adaptations, since so much of the humor is in the narration, not dialouge, but at least the visuals would be pretty great.

Attached: death swag.jpg (450x600, 28K)

>since so much of the humor is in the narration
Yeah, I totally agree. The stories themselves are OK but they're definitely not the same without the author describing the characters' thought processes and stuff. Still, a well done compromise would have been nice to see, and Laika's definitely best when they're not writing their own stories

They wanted tone down the death aspect, I'm happy it wasn't made.

Surprised they didn't think of ducktaping elements of Reaper Man onto their adaptation as a "Have your cake and eat it too" solution. New Death could take the villain spot and they could sell Death of Rats plushies in every theme park giftshop.

Don't forget annotations, Terry sure did love annotations, he also did nice shit with fonts, the Page Spread NO was a memorable moment too.

Legit my favorite writer of all time.

God, I hope Good Omens doesn't suck when it comes out.

I already was the one cranky fuck in my group who didn't like the Alita movie and the Hellboy movie looks like it's shaping up to be absolute garbage...

That's probably a good thing in hindsight.
I want to know what's happened with that Ankh Morpork City Watch TV series.

I think Alita was fine as a movie but it's a pretty dreadful adaptation when you consider they took away pretty much all the pathos from the manga.

>CSI AM
Shit, that was such a good concept. Probably also for the better nothing came out of it though

Well, Death's arc in Reaper comes from the fact that he did nothing to prevent Ysabell and Mort's death. It would have been pretty bold to kill off your main characters from the first half of the movie

Yeah, that was pretty much my problem.
There were some changes that I actually liked, like her sword being Martian, but it was too divergent from the source material for me to enjoy.

?
They die in Soul Music, pretty sure that happens after Reaper Man.

>Disney could have raped Pratchett
>they didn't eventually
And the problem is...

you're joking right

Reaper Man is so fucking philosophical though, its power really lies in the narration

Pretty sure he's bummed out in Reaperman because Ysabell and Mort don't want him around Susan (he mentions that he has lost touch with his daughter).

The concept is great I love the Watch I love them so friggin much i must have read the books 8 times cover to cover at least but, once again as it has been said in this thread, the strength of these books likes in the narration of characters' thoughts behind the actions...

Oh right. I had to read those again, I thought Death's sabbatical in RM came from that

>liked Moana.
>Also like Pratchett's books, of which Mort is one of my favorites.

Eh, I'm happy either way.

Attached: Dog_Eating_Pipe.jpg (299x303, 29K)

Wasnt he fired by the auditors for becoming too quirky? They replaced him with a death that loved his job a little too much.

Theyre adapting Good Omens?
That might be my favorite book, it's the right balance between poignant and hilarious.

>Theyre adapting Good Omens?
youtube.com/watch?v=hUJoR4vlIIs

I'm carefully optimistic.
The casting looks good in any case.

I think there have been rumours about films and series for decades. I'll believe it when I'll see it

... and then I'll probably gripe about it

Pratchett was apparently more enthused by Clements and Muskers pitch than he had been about any other adaptation

i mean he's not entirely a 'good guy' in mort, it's the sequels that fleshed him out

This Ysabell would have been a different character I guess. She did some more accurate ones like the OP pic and this one

Attached: ysabel+dress2+stomping.jpg (1047x720, 349K)

Isn't just Ysabell as a little girl and the idea was she got gothier as she got older?

She was already a teenager when Death adopted her and remained the same age for some decades iirc

>Expecting Disney to follow the book to the letter

Well, having a 15 year old kid ending up with a 40-50 year old woman was probably something they would like to drop