A japanese tv show with a joke art style has consistently better animation than any done in the west in the last 20...

>a japanese tv show with a joke art style has consistently better animation than any done in the west in the last 20 years

Attached: saruto-spurash.webm (854x480, 1.52M)

i feel like i've seen this exact same scene play out about 900 times

Japan goes balls-deep into fundamentals, but it feels like it's at the cost of original composition.

It's almost like art style isn't the same thing as animation, and you're just fishing for attention with a meme that's been repeated for decades.

I'm puzzled as to why you find a close up of the character's mouth so fascinating, faggot OP-kun.

Attached: 1538522735102.webm (480x600, 1.11M)

MP100 is legitimately one of my favorite cartoons of all time

It's god damn genius. I love how optimistic it is. NO, there is never an excuse to be a prick. NO, you are not being cool by being deliberately anti-social. At the end of the day we all have to learn about one another and accept one another or we're not really living.

Or it might be ur seething lmao

As much as I love MP100, I can only watch it with subs. I tried the dub, attempting to ignore the fact that somehow, fucking Kirbopher landed the role of Reigen.

My intense dislike of Kirb won out, and I've remained subs and manga only for MP100 since then.

Mob also has better animation than 90% of tv anime, not a very fair comparison

The MP100 is literally dripping with soul. Maybe it's not the region, but the staff.

This is a scene that specifically mimics a classic anime fight layout -which happens to feature some jackass salt-punching a ghost- It works better without innovation (which otherwise the show is filled with)

Attached: professional-ghost-services.webm (852x480, 2.01M)

I think the fact that any artstyle that's different from the usual anime artstyle is considered a "joke artstyle" in Japan says more about the creative death of anime than anything.

Imagine if people were laughing at any cartoon that didn't look like Calarts.

>look how over the top we are! so funny!

Attached: 1525265578337.gif (500x374, 1.7M)

japan is superior when it comes to animation

Attached: Cow Girl (Ep 2) - Imgur.gif (800x450, 2.71M)

A tour de force indeed

Except the meme is true.

The best animation I've seen in the west is pretty much the Boondocks, Avatar and Voltron. And Invader Zim.

And even then, anime outshines them all one way or the other. To prove the point

/wsg/ has only a few cartoon thread
It has way more anime threads
The problem here is not that one style of animation is better than the other, the problem is that bigwigs in the US think animation "is only for children and teenagers".French animation proves to be an exception against the norm, but Yea Forums still shines.

*extends an arm palm up* You are right user *extends both arms and leans forward* Have you any more insight on the "proper" approach to animation

There is and has always been variety in style everywhere, even within so called "calarts" style. It's a leap to say japanime is creatively bankrupt, just that most of what's made (everywhere) is not the best of its respective medium

>the problem is that bigwigs in the US think animation "is only for children and teenagers".
user... western animation is only for children, not even teenagers.

Yea Forums is the only active cartoon community, and it's anonymous. There's a reason for that

eat shit OP, the west also does mouth close-ups

Attached: 1527010880695.png (793x589, 347K)

Is there a name for those fully-rendered closeups? Also, are they ever used for anything but comedy beats? I can only think of some stuff in Batman TAS that does something similar for dramatic effect

Attached: 3504858-6186538201-tumbl.gif (500x400, 486K)

>Yea Forums is the only active cartoon community
imagine being this fucking sheltered

MP100 is not among my personal top favourites, and I like OPM better, but it's still pretty good stuff.
I'm particularly impressed by the characterization of the guy in the OP. He's such a slimy, manipulative, lying fucker, yet somehow he still manages to be an endearing character and a positive force to the people around him. He went completely against what I was expecting from him, and I have no idea how it was possible to pull off a character like that.

Attached: become-a-good-person-that-is-all.jpg (500x288, 43K)

>The best animation I've seen in the west is pretty much the Boondocks, Avatar and Voltron. And Invader Zim.
Ed, edd and Eddy had better animation than these and most anime. You aren't talking about animation. You just prefer the anime style.

The majority of western animation is done for the sake of children and stoned adults, neither of which have substantial money

Japanese animation is done for childless, girlfriendless otaku. In japan you are expected to work yourself to death and having drugs is heavily punished, also autism is on the rise so people are less likely to have sex. This results in a huge demographic of men who have lots of extra money to spend on anime and anime accessories, creating the need for the industry to pump out stuff that isn't total barebones shit.

Being in college a few years ago when it was translated en mass during the winter was sublime. I'd be drunk on a weekend or up at 5 AM on a weekday before class, just reading Mob.

That was also the year that Vertigo ended so Yea Forums was dumping Constantine comics almost constantly for a half-year or so. There was a lot of great stuff happening in 2013-2014.

I see
so you wanted to make a MP100 thread but not in Yea Forums because they're such massive faggots

Attached: CPm9gytWIAIeO6q.jpg (620x330, 27K)

Kill yourself faggot

Endeavor to perform intercourse.

>Animating on 3s
Come back when you can Animate at a consistent 24fps

>he thinks that's good animation
OP that's almost on par with Flash tweening

Attached: bait.png (350x350, 67K)

Yea Forums sucks NuNuTMNT's dick 24/7 and it's mostly animated on threes too

wakfu animation was pretty good

That's not a joke art style. This is a joke art style

Attached: serk.gif (320x200, 1.38M)

>a meme that's been repeated for decades.
For a reason

One is a aberration, not the norm for Jap comedy.