Daria is one of the most iconic animated shows, yet, according to IMDB...

Daria is one of the most iconic animated shows, yet, according to IMDB, the voice actress hasn't had a career since the end of the show. Most of the VAs for the show pretty much haven't done anything since. How the hell did none of them move onto other roles?

Attached: dar.png (970x497, 320K)

They were probably atheists or something lol.

Maybe they got their break in voice acting and thought they could be actual actors from it. When they realized that they couldn't get work as actual actors, they probably just gave up.

That or they never had a desire to be an actor and was just hired to voice act for the series because they were cheap and not a part of the actors/VA guild.

The actress who played Daria was an mid-level MTV executive who was friends with Judge and Eichler.

Wendy Hoopes did live action acting mainly. The guy who voiced Kevin/Mr O'Neil/Mr DeMartino later went on to become a respectable voice actor and even voiced Casey Jones in the 00s TMNT show.

The rest were literally recruited by the show's writers out of local theater productions (the guy who voiced Jake explicitly states that he was hired while doing dinner theater).

Eichler pretty much stated, after the show ran, that he hated most of the voice acting cast that he had to hire dirt cheap. And bitched that he only did so because MTV wouldn't spring for professional voice actors

Tbh I sort of assumed the VA for Tom did the voice of Superman from S:TAS, I was pretty surprised when I found out he had more or less no other acting credits

Funny, I found the voice acting to be one of the more charming parts of Daria. Brittany, Mr. Oneill, Trent and the Fashion club in particular.

Technically the Simpsons cast were hired back in the Ullman short days because they were cheap and available and only Nancy Cartwright was a professional voice actor.

Charming because they aren't the same 10 VAs the get passed around for every western production.
Doesn't mean they have range for a bunch of rolls.

>Daria is one of the most iconic animated shows

Daria is pretty and I want a gf like her

>"Heh-heh... Diarrhea, hah-cha-cha!"
>"Uhh-huh-huh-huh-huh... Good one, Beavis."

Reminder that Daria exists due to executive meddling.

Daria is too cynical. Jane would make a better gf.

Fuck that stuck up narcissistic cunt. Jane all day, man.

Good taste men.

I hate this meme. You're not any cooler for liking Jane. I didn't like her all that much at all.

In house Viacom employees. Trent was just some guy that worked on the show.

>You're not any cooler for liking Jane
Fuck off, we're talking about cartoons as if they are gf material on a Mongolian face-painting forum . No one here thinks they are cool.
I like Jane better because Daria is too cynical. I'm already on two different anti-depressants, why would I want a gf who would just feed into more negativity.
Jane's aesthetics and characteristics line up with my preferences.

Attached: 11d.gif (500x375, 493K)

I would most definitely fuck Daria.

Reminder that she was basically a rick and morty tier cunt who thought she was smarter than everyone in highschool and that these people are insufferable, especially in college where no one cares if they grow up

Fucking or not fucking Daria has no bearing on whether she would make a good gf or not.

is this one of those things where when you hire low level actors or voice actors you get better, more natural performances compared ot hiring some big name voice actor or celebrity and just getting variations of the same character over and over?

Think, we could have gotten yet another Billy West/Tara Strong/Cree Summers character. Truly we was robbed.

Attached: fc20d7ba75499df5113b2b3f94b87730.jpg (512x384, 22K)

Or the characters could have been voiced by the talented and criminally underused John DiMaggio and Tress MacNeille.

This is one reason why I've never warmed to Futurama.

Studios nowadays are increasingly hiring celebrities over professional voice actors. Let's be honest, the latter have a massive racket/monopoly going.

to save money, this show just went to a local college and hired students. they weren't really actors. it's just like how the live action Nick shows mostly those guys never worked again

>The guy who voiced Kevin/Mr O'Neil/Mr DeMartino later went on to become a respectable voice actor and even voiced Casey Jones in the 00s TMNT show.
but... he was terrible. and he was a canadian 4kids actor.

>but... he was terrible. and he was a canadian 4kids actor.

Not all 4Kids VAs are terrible.

most are good outside of those dubs.

Marc Thompson is now voicing Megatron in the current Transformers show.

That's generally more the fault of the Director then the actor, plenty of actors have depth, but get hired because the Director wants a character they are known for. Actors generally dislike being typecast even if it can be "good" due the stability the popularity of being associated with a type can bring. Voice or not.