Unsounded

Even on the battlefield, bullies gon bully.

Attached: ch14_16.jpg (600x900, 262K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/183436180550/just-finished-drawing-the-ostensibly-innocuous
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So weird to see Duane as a background character.

The Vampire is the copper we saw last page right?

Yup, Roger Foi-Hellick, future sacrifice to the rapesnake.

Suspected as much, the snake's venom did him pretty bad because his demeanor gives the impression of a completely different person.

Attached: ch14_15.jpg (600x900, 216K)

>we could blow his BRAINS up through the khert!
Didn't they already dismantle the Dammakhert hubs in Avelpit for exactly this reason?

>Suspected as much, the snake's venom did him pretty bad because his demeanor gives the impression of a completely different person.

Everything he's doing in Cresce is an act

I believe it was mentioned they were able to re-raise the dammakhert in the area

But maybe I'm wrong. And the kid certainly could be wrong.

Sure, they COULD re-raise it, but if a sting relies on the dammakhert being in place they couldn't kill the guy with it until he waltzed his own self into an affected area. And if a war's going on one would assume the dammakhert is difficult to re-establish unless the territory is retaken.

...unless a sting doesn't even need the dammakhert to operate, and can fly through the regular khert just as well, it just requires the dammakhert be in place when someone's born so that they have an identity to sting in the first place.

Nah, you have to be in the dammakhert. Once you cross into Cresce (like Quigley) or into shartshane you're good. Don't forget Quigley has a standing kill order in Alderode.

Wait, does he realize they are heading towards Alderode right now?

Somebody has to actually do the sting, it's not an auto-death on re-entry and presumably doesn't have infinite range or Quigley's job wouldn't have been to go out and make them happen. If they don't expect him to be in Alderode (why the hell would he be?) he'd probably be fine for a little while.

Do you think bullying can bloom even on a battlefield?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/183436180550/just-finished-drawing-the-ostensibly-innocuous

Reminder to be on the lookout, lads.

It does have "infinite" range within Alderode, but they have to send someone to collect the knocked out people.

The last mention she made of a buffer put it at around 30 pages. If she's working on a page 30 pages from now that should place it around 10 weeks in the future. That should put it around May 22nd or somewhere in that time period.

Right, that. Bit fuzzy on the details, thanks.

Still wondering how they could kill the dude if the fucked-up khert's been deleted though.

In the opening prose bit where Duane was introducing the story he said that the Dammakhert has been reinstated and they used it to decapitate the rebellion's leadership. Vampire/Roger/Whoever-it-is was likely outside of Alderode (maybe in Cresce) when they retook the area and so wasn't hit by the attack, if they even knew his name which seems to be a necessity for Dammakhert Stings. So he comes back in, they don't know his name, so he can walk around in the Dammakhert "freely."

Oh, fuck, I got my timeline all confused because I forgot pages from literally just weeks ago. I'm going senile. Nevermind then, thanks.

I want all the children to be friends, stop picking at each other, fuckers.

No problem user, it's a pretty complicated mess of a story which is why I love it. It's easy to get shit mixed up sometimes.

Isn't Vampire his Lieutenant or partner or something? Roger was known but he fucked off to Cresce for reasons people in universe didn't, and still don't, really know. Vampire is the one left behind to try and salvage the rebellion now that their super star leader who almost singlehandedly handled their overall strategy skedaddled.

I want to touch those kids inappropriately

we have no confirmation that roger is vampire. All we know is roger fucked off, 'vampire' took over in his stead and now roger has been seen ambushing an attack on 'vampire's base.

Probably someone (probably himself) mentions that he is a tacit caster to someone who later told Bastion.

Bastion is an opportunist who got hired for the hit and then heard the mark was a tacit gold, he didn't have anything to do with the decision to target Duane. That's probably somebody in his own political faction. Duane's hit reeked of politics.

Yes, but the Avelpit revolt already lost its initial rebellion due to Crescian reinforcements not showing up, so Alderode put the hubs back up and stung everyone whose name they knew through the khert. Roger was known to have fled, but he's obviously back now.

There remains mundane fighting to be done against the shit-tier rabble who are not well-known enough to simply be named and stung.

She said forty pages on Patreon for last Friday's update. Add another three weeks.

re-reading right now.
Holy shit, cope doesn't pull any punches right at the start.

Attached: ch02_59.jpg (600x900, 75K)

I must wonder why Roger came back at all and why/how he didn't get a kill-sting when it was realized he had

Nobody knows he's back but with what we know of the queens future designs on pulling down/usurping the dammakhert it's probably to gather intelligence.

Sometimes I'm amazed by the lack of reading comprehension in the audience both here and in the site's comment section. People can't string together simple events.

Does the webcomic audience at large have so little comic book literacy? I've noticed it happen with other titles too.

Maybe people are just stupid.

critical thinking is hard and modern audiences have been actively discouraged from doing so by simpler storytelling spoonfeeding them. I blame capitalism.

This is why you keep records of everyone in your country. If shit like this happened you could just have everyone report to authorities and sting everyone that doesn't check in.

Attached: 1429796857378.jpg (1280x797, 218K)

We don't know how long it takes for the temples (I think) to perform a sting. That kind of forewarning could lead to some real damage before/if you manage to get them

That still carries the risk of leaving alive anybody you've missed in your record-keeping. Insidious invaders and all.

Better yet would be some sort of negative of that effect: call All Loyal Citizens to report in and "anti-sting" them: hit them with some effect that'll act as the lamb's blood on the doors as the Dammakhert Angel of Death eradicates all unprotected human flesh in the targeted area.

>Mass core-leeching

Is there lore of this being tried as a weapon? It sounds too devastating for someone to have never attempted it

I don't think the khert would actually tolerate that, in general. It acts as the GM of reality and makes the judgment calls that enable the cool pymary without the sort of world-ending tomfoolery that would result if there was no governor on it. Attempt to core-leech too much and the khert will just zap you instead.

No idea if that would still hold against Dammakhert-scale modifications to it. But I doubt that there really is some "fail-deadly" mass sting mechanism in place because you know everyone would know if Alderode had it.

isn't it also basically impossible to cast on a person unless they just sit there like idiots the whole time?

Well, it's clearly not completely impossible or we couldn't get the cool pymary duels we do. But I believe that pymary generally works by identifying materials and locations, so while I suspect that a pymaric command like "remove [essential aspect] from [living human flesh] in [such-and-such a volume]" would probably get you the khert's stink-eye unless you were really careful not to ask too much, it's probably theoretically valid.

Only in this scenario, the command would be "...from [all non-whitelisted human flesh] in [the entire ginnal of Avelpit]," which would be a doomsday weapon that the ordinary khert would DEFINITELY not allow!

It would depend on the skill of the wright, how quickly they can get the tainish out, how good they are at constructing the pymary and whether the other nigga is casting back

pymary duels usually don't consist of casting directly on people though, taking aspects from immobile objects and throwing them at people is probably not the same
it's the same reasoning behind why people don't just take their enemies' sight aspect right away

Unsounded is more of a traditional comic than a webcomic, and webcomic readers are mostly used to talking heads. If you do a dramatic scene change or indicate the passage of time with the sun changing position or any of the other fairly mundane and conventional things that graphic novels do, normal webcomic readers flail and panic.

Also what said.

There's also the problem of the days between pages. You can go back and read this chapter from the beginning, and it all flows perfectly. Duane told the kids to fall back to the road. Where are they now? On the road. What did the little boy say blew up earlier? The medical cart. What are the officers discussing now? How the medical cart was attacked and blown up.

It's a standard graphic novel, coherently written, but with two days in-between each page. I only read the comic on Fridays for this reason. Three pages together a week work much better for me than spread out over seven days.

Attached: tumblr_po2rvvGBmq1sn9q38o1_540.png (540x382, 119K)

this but also at the same time i'd fucking die without muh unsounded every couple of days
hiatuses are suffering

Why are Plat's always the most massive twats?

Short lifespan, massive ability they're robbed of the time to really utilize, the frequent condescension or lust of the other castes

To what are you specifically referring?

I just realized that Jet talking to the commander guy person is one of the Red Letter Media cameos we were promised.

>Red Letter Media cameos we were promised.
Why were we promised such a thing? I didn't ask for this, Cope.

I don't think it's a cameo. She just modelled a character off the fat guy so people would stop bitching about all the pretty boys.

Just slug back, little Silver lad

>I'll be fucking fine ass hoes for another 25 years after you charlie brown looking bitch niggas are ashes

Even Matty?
Especially Matty?

Matty is pure. He inherited Vienne's mutant genes for bretty coolness

>well jay, what did you think about this ambush?

Matty is the cutest little mayfly, don't you dare

It's why I can't play ball on Quigley's reform. The dude was helping traffick people who had had their organs scooped out and replaced with cargo. Children, specifically. Even by Sharte standards that's vile.

He dragged people to the Aseptics for a living while in Alderode

Aside from the sheer Oh Fuck nature of Prakhuta's experiment, the maiming and killing of children is nothing he hasn't seen already

>Children, specifically.
He specifically demanded the children to be released and had to bitchslap silverfish with pymaric to get him to do that though.

Attached: ch03_10.jpg (600x900, 211K)

Ex-fucking-scuse you

Attached: precious cinnamon rolls too good for this world, too pure.jpg (600x900, 235K)

Christ, don't let Mike know this, it's cruel. "Yeah, Mike, you were specifically used as a model by some artist who needed an example of Peak Male Unattractiveness.

kek

She did it for the others too though, we've seen a preview.

>What did the little boy say blew up earlier? The medical cart. What are the officers discussing now? How the medical cart was attacked and blown up.

I guess there's some bridges too far even for the Aldish, interestingly enough.

>It was very meh. What did you think, Mike?
>Now I know I say this a lot, but I think it may be the worst ambush I've ever experienced.

I'm sure there's plenty of Ald commanders that aren't so scrupulous

Released to what? Die? You don't survive having your guts scooped out, user, not for very long.

Probably filthy Plats.

Exactly. This is probably why Matty accuses him later of being full of bullshit. He never intended to help those kids. He couldn't.

>his is probably why Matty accuses him later of being full of bullshit.
I mean let's be honest here, quigley is trash.

I'm still waiting on total confirmation that he was the one who snitched on Vienne.

>I'm still waiting on total confirmation that he was the one who snitched on Vienne.
He couldn't have done that, I mean, if you read his internal monologues in "Orphans" it quite literally goes against it.

Source? I don't remember a contradiction in there. In fact it seemed weirdly vague on the matter.

I'm too lazy to check, so you might be right

>He’d been crafting pymarics without a license. Had lost it, couldn’t pay that year’s fee. He wasn’t hurting anyone. He wasn’t crafting trapweavers or weapons, only sewing aids. Self-fastening buttons. A wee chattering mechanical moth with a glowing body. It fluttered at his shoulder asking what was happening and when the Aseptic smashed it the Silver wept and wept.”

>“What did they do to him?”

>Mathis shook his head, his voice creeping hysterical. “They cut off his hands, tore out his tongue, and sent him north, to the oubliettes in Valyne. And you know, they came back from the sentencing, those two Aseptic bastards, and they said he was fortunate. That if he’d not been so young and pitiful they would have simply executed him. ‘Fortunate,’ Vienne!”

Man, Alderode is fucked up.
But at least there aren't any filthy crescians

>oi wots all this then, you got yer pymarics loicense?

I'm glad this is prose and not comic cause i'd motherfucking lose it if I had to watch that little moth bot get smashed

>Not wanting to see Vienne straight up delete a nigga's head in full comic glory

If you step away faster than the wright can speak, you are probably safe. You'll notice that wrights during combat often target stationary objects rather than people themselves.

And they then throw chunks of stuff at people along Khert lines so that they don't have to hit you directly. If a wall of Solidity that is 4 meters by 4 meters is coming down the Khert line, moving a couple of feet isn't going to save you.

Alderode is a hellstate. Silvers are clearly the true semen demon caste.

I honestly think he's better looking than Rich Evans and the bald one.

Matty is only pure because Quigley has been sheltering him from all the shitiness of the real world. He's like one of those freaky homeschool kids who aren't allowed to eat processed sugar.

Matty's well aware that the world is a shitty place, but he seems to reject that.

I believe that Matty saw when his mother was killed. That's... a long way up the shitty world scale.

It was the last thing he EVER saw.

I cant friggin keep track of all this crap wtf

Have you tried Dr Seuss.

even worse with all the reboots desu

We're barely past the opening scene and you're already complaining? Ashley probably hasn't even finished introducing important characters and we don't even know what the main narrative thrust of this is going to be yet, and you can't even follow what's going on? Christ I hate to use this term but you are a grade-A brainlet.

I just dont get some of the aldish politics going on and how it related to the quibleys. Like I guess his wife was killed by magic nazis for making shrek or something but they still have shrek, cresciasn like them since they dont like magicnazis who duane is but the naked guy made him who is running from illgyang cult whos settes mom whos with crece but not illgyang and nobody knows any of this and alds are fighting eachother but only in the past so whose separtist ald and who isnt and what I want to know is, where's the caveman?

Cresce and Aldore are at war. Quigs wifey supported a rebellion, so they killed her. Quigs got mad and went rogue with his wifeys arsenal. Cresce likes him cause they hate Aldore. Quigs got into merc work to take care of Matty, and now everyone hates him. It's not that hard to follow. Tittybirds motives have not been revealed tho

She’s basically an immortal with oneitis whose husbando has amnesia and her best friend killed the gods became God and then peaced out to who knows where

There is one little plot thread that's been left mysteriously dangling for a long time, and that's the fact that the queen had Uaid in custody for a little while before Quigley fled with him.

This is weird because Cresce hasn't done much to try and recapture Uaid or Quigley which makes me think they may have gotten whatever they wanted from them while they were there, and now just let Quigley run around largely unchecked in case they need him again.

This could be nothing, but there's been a running gag in the comic of people recognising Quigley from a propaganda play, almost to remind us that the relationship he has with Cresce is a Thing.

Maybe the Queen is building her own better Uaid.

She's also Sette's mom, probably.

Someone commented at one point in the comic that while Vienne's work is revolutionary it requires a huge amount of First Materials that make it less practical to employ in the field. It's a nice bit of pymaric genius but Cresce isn't gonna spend a whole lot of effort capturing it because it won't really pay dividends in a short amount of time. Their forces are needed elsewhere, not running after a scientific curiousity.

The only thing of note about Uaid from a non sentimental POV is his extended anti-Khert field property thingy

Would be useful for fighting Alderode’s excellent wrights in a normal, but at this point we know Sonorie is really gunning for Alderode’s very soul

True, but maybe she's using Vienne's tech in some other way. It's just weird because now the gang is in a shrine full of construct equipment, Bell has reason to believe the queen is up to shenanigans there and... I don't know, having it tie in with Uaid seems perfect, especially since I'm almost certain Quigley or Matty are going to be killed soon, so this thread needs to be tied up.

Anyway, if something like this happens, remember that I motherfucking called it.

>This is weird because Cresce hasn't done much to try and recapture Uaid or Quigley
They probably figured Quigly is a dangerous fucking dude, and it's just not worth the trouble. Remember, he not only had Uiad, he also had his wife's pymeric bug blanky, his own combat pymery skills, and an infant son to protect. Not someone you want to fuck with. He'll be dead in 10 years anyway, just keep an eye on him until then.

Yeah they chased him initially and he laid out some fuck on them so they probably decided they had better things to focus on