What the actual fuck was his problem?

What the actual fuck was his problem?

Attached: 0A0D085D-6BC0-46E0-9B38-C7369BD1E0FA.jpg (471x515, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookplus.com/?dlid=60947
tapas.io/series/The-Power-of-Stardust
youtube.com/watch?v=S-XEINagmaU
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Passageway_Manipulation
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Nothingness_Manipulation
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Sexuality_Embodiment
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Weak_Force_Combat
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Death_Manipulation
misterkitty.org/extras/stupidcovers/stupidcomics29.html
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Absolute_Change
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Holiday_Lordship
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om_mani_padme_hum
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Periodic_Element_Solidification
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Demonic_Aura
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Which one of them?

Hes the proto-rorshach

Attached: 1551852545122.jpg (750x1024, 343K)

Stardust is great you shut your mouth

My favorite part of Watchmen is when Rorschach find the guy who killed that little girl and rips off his head and puts it onto the body of a headless cosmic giant then flies away while the murderer pleads for forgiveness as his head sinks into the giant's body

>not picking up on the moral absolutism of stardust

Hurm.

More like immoral absolutism

Stardust saw that the head committed evil and he punished the head for it

They're both absolutists who view everything in a pure black and white context and because of this justify their extremes.

The big difference is that Stardust is more like the alternate universe where Rorschach ended up getting Dr. Manhattan's powers.

>not picking up on a shitpost

Tut tut.

I see Rorschach more as a criticism of what superhero vigilantism would actually do to a person's sanity and ability to function in normal society. Stardust is just crazy fun.

Kovacs was fucked from the start, his vigilantism was just a result of his craziness.
batman saw this and put rorscach 2 in Arkham

Fletcher Hanks abused his wife and son and drank all their money before one day walking out with whatever cash the house had at the time, never seeing them again. His wife reportedly considered the theft a bargain to get him away from the family.

I'm tempted to say that Stardust's absolutely bullshit power level was a power fantasy for Hanks, but realistically it was probably an attempt to copy the success of Superman, who also basically never faced challenges in his early stories. The bizarre, cruel punishments for its villains, though, was probably Hanks challenging his anger or frustrations. It's worth noting that not *all* of Stardust's stories include stuff like , so it probably was the result of Hanks being in a particular mood.

Hanks was a bastard I think stardust could be a reflection of his twisted sense of justice with a child like view of evil I was suprised to learn how pathetic the bastard really was he died homeless frozen to death on a New York bench a shitty death for a shitty person

Is there any Yea Forums related phrase that's more terrifying than "You are now in the power of Stardust."

>Is there any Yea Forums related phrase that's more terrifying than "You are now in the power of Stardust."
My name's John Constantine and I'm here to help.

Attached: 0DE48BB4-9B14-4B9D-9405-9C1999F3DCA5.jpg (886x1665, 243K)

De Structo did kill hundreds of unsuspecting servicemen and women.
Maybe he deserves this.

Racketeers get the rope, if they're lucky.

>Bendis is now writing [YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER GOES HERE]

Bonus points: ROB LIEFELD IS DOING THE ART

>died homeless frozen to death on a New York bench a shitty death
Heh

Attached: 83F469D7-0AD8-4460-A186-9539800688EB.png (500x358, 401K)

THIS IS ACTUALLY REAL?!

Mobsters kept trying to blow up America/the world.

That's a problem he keeps dealing with.

>Bonus points
Nah, at least he's entertainingly stupid in a HOW HAVE YOU STILL NOT LEARNED HOW TO DRAW FEET kind of way. My nightmare mode would be someone like Greg Land or Erica Henderson.

I think my favorite part of Stardust is how he flies facedown like a cheap action figure.

Technically speaking, Question is the Proto-Rorschach, and Mr. A is the Proto-Question

Could stardust even HOPE to stop THE fat little shit.

Attached: H.P.jpg (453x450, 49K)

Alan Moore has a stardust reference in one of the League books where he describes this very scene. In League canon Stardust ended up being defeated by one of his own machines

It was very mean-spirited, too. A cheap swipe at its author. Tasteless.

>they are immediately enveloped in a stardust flash
Wait, does that mean Stardust actively did something that causes the head to be absorbed by the giant body? I am confuse.

It's odd how often characters' face are not in view in this comic. Often turned just enough to not be visible. I guess it was easier to draw?

Stardust is so clearly the product of a twisted, sadistic mind. It's great, I love it. He's like Punisher if he had god-like powers. But actually no, Frank mostly just wants to see criminals dead, I don't think he would be this creative in making new ways to cause suffering. Stardust doesn't want criminals dead, he usually ends up leaving them in some state where they will be tortured for eternity.

Honestly my dudes the man was indeed a jackass, but judging from his work and all the crazyness in his life, he was probably a schizophrenic or something like that that never got diagnosed.
These comics read like very outsider art, but since it's being read as some z-list golden age comic, we all kind of expect the insanity and the cheap-ish art.

Stardust belongs in the sourcewall

Frank fucking Castle would be appalled by the shit Stardust does, or at least suggest more worthy targets for the fucked up shit.

Huh you learn something everyday, in my head, Mr. A always looked like editorial fucked Ditko over in his Question so he did a not-the-Question character to tell the stories he wanted to.

Not really. Stardust is just someone with no sense of proportion or personal consequences. He's a superwizard who is presumably indestructible, immortal, and has no near peers in ability or intellect.
Any idea he has of how the justice system works is bound to have been bent out of shape by millennia of isolation, should he have one at all. IIRC he has no canon past explaining how he got all his shit. For all we know he's the only survivor of a precursor race who finished science and then died-all except him.
Like imagine if you were an epic level wizard IRL. You could do practically anything you wanted whenever you wanted and nobody could stop you: The only limit to your powers being how much your sanity slipped as time passed. And that's exactly what happened. Stardust went mad and occupies himself by playing crime-fighter like people play video games. He has increasingly fucked-up ways of disposing of criminals because things like sending people to prison or merely killing them just get boring the billionth time.

Attached: No_sense_of_right_and_wrong.png (190x221, 7K)

That's a nice retcon but you're assuming the author meant for the character to seem insane and had a logical reason for why he became that way. More likely Hanks had a tenuous grasp on sanity and morality himself and the character was just a reflection of that.

Fletcher Hanks was an alcoholic who beat his kids bad (even by 1940s standards).

He died frozen to a bench in Central Park.

>Their look on their faces
They know that they will face a fate worse than death

Attached: russel.jpg (815x980, 289K)

The guys Stardust goes after get up to some pretty horrible shit. Like my man De Structo over here Caused some kind of horrible, gigantic tidal wave killing most of the eastern Seaboard or some bullshit.

Some say he's still there, frozen to that park bench. A frozen spacite, able to see and think, but always motionless! In his frozen condition he'll live forever - to think about his crimes!

I dunno, man. People are known for doing or writing fucked up shit in fiction they'd allegedly never do IRL. Maybe Hanks just decided 'fuck this, I'll write whatever I want so long as it sells'.
You're probably right, given how much the theme of incredibly disproportionate 'justice' comes up in his other works, but we live in a world where a billionaire orphan dressed up in a bat costume sells like hotcakes no matter what he does. It's patently absurd but it just works. The horrifying implications of things like Arkham Asylum's revolving doors and whatever the fuck Clayface turned into are secondary to the show that is Batman.

I don't think any crime deserves an eternal punishment, just put him out of his misery.

I own the original two Fantagraphics volumes (the second coming from a library (thanks, Amazon)), but I'd switch those out in a heartbeat for the newer single-volume release.

I can't find a link but I'm currently watching IASIP on my other monitor and reading your description of Batman while Charlie says "wait, he's just a guy dressed as a bat? That can't possibly what all those movies are about" has taken me to comedy levels I never knew I could reach, specially with something I've watched a million times.

wuss

This is horrifying, but I can't help but laugh at the fact that the ice prison is just a normal brick building, just floating in ice with big icicles dangling from it. It's just so childish.

comicbookplus.com/?dlid=60947
All Stardust comics

>still hating based Rob
Fag.

What problem?

Stardust never had any problems. Only solutions.

Just Chad things.
You wouldn't understand.

I agree.

Attached: scrunch.png (615x661, 742K)

Im not sure what the intended tone is here.

It reminds me of the Book of Genesis at times, at least in narrative structure.
At one point,Stardust intentionally makes an enemy larger, baits him into attacking, only using the validation of that 'bad' action to justify the punishment.

Consent.

Attached: consent.jpg (485x646, 130K)

I know Stardust being a 15 foot man with all the powers of God is weird. But the guys he fights are really bizarre too. They are mere Mobsters or war saboteurs yet they somehow all possess super science weapons and seem to think destroying the earth will be their ticket to living richly.

I don't know about that. Stardust is demented, but his targets are pretty much all murderers and innocents pretty much never get caught in the crossfire. Frank probably wouldn't approve of the "flair" but I don't think he'd get in Stardust's way.

IIRC, he was already justified in taking him out. Stardust just wanted a tussle.

"She is ma sis from another miss"

Jokes aside, there really isn't because it pretty much just means you will either die a horrible death, or suffer in eternal restless torment, according to Stardust's mood that day.

My favorite is the guys who reverse gravity so everyone leaves earth while they're chained down and rob banks. You need a Stardust to deal with this.

Is that Porky?

"We believe that the title could do with more diversity and feminist themes."

Asking unironically to Stardust buffs: could he beat Thanos?

Attached: top-anime-fights.gif (500x736, 97K)

Hell yes it is. He did a slightly less demented one where it's a jungle witch on Earth attacking poachers and tribesmen, a largely unremarkable sci fi series, and one about a woodsman who is extremely good at fist fighting. Aside from the inane content, they're really only remarkable in that he did everything himself, the writing, the illustration, and the terrible coloring.

Which one?

with ease

Stardust would absolutely have some kind of bullshit "anti reality ray" on his belt that would counteract any effects of the infinity stones

He basically can beat anyone considering that we don't even have a slightest clue of what his upper limits are

If i remember correctly, he kind of just leaves her in one of his beautiful palaces on some far off world and we never fucking hear about her ever again

Rob is based. Greg Land woukd be MUCH worse.

I need to storytime Fletcher's other excellent work 'big red mcclane'
It's the same shit, but instead of Biblical superhero punishments it's just a big angry lumberjack kicking the absolute shit out of people.

Villains...

I don't really know much about the Infinity Stones/Gauntlet, but almost certainly. Even if Thanos was literally unkillable, Stardust could just carry Thanos out of reality and strand him in the middle of a void where the Infinity Stones don't do anything. And then freeze him in a block of ice or something just for kicks.
Basically Thanos would have to be some sort of extra-dimensional threat that exists outside of the reality of Stardust, and even then it's not like we know the limits of Stardust's power so even then it's a crap shoot.

Fantomah was the first superheroine in history of comics.

I love that Fletcher fucking Hanks of all people has this distinction

Best thing is that Stardust knows exactly what they are doing and could have saved all prior but because Stardust can only punish after the deed he lets them do it so he can punish them.

Hanks was older than the rest of the comics artists. Will Eisner recalls him as a dude who mostly worked and went home. He was better as an artist than all of them, but according to Eisner he was a bit "odd"

>He was better as an artist than all of them,
The art says differently

Id read that.

Stardust needs a real challenge, not that poser.

Attached: the-fury.png (282x409, 72K)

Honestly I wonder how he would take Manhattan's simultaneous temporal perception. Manhattan grew basically bored at life with everything being predetermined. I have no idea how Rorschach would handle it except poorly

the infinity stones and gauntlet would be considered a show and tell kid science project compared to what Stardust has achieved

Pretty much everything from america chavez.

Nothing a lesbian meme could do to me is even a quarter as frightening as Stardust.

Eh, atleast you would get a laugh from America. In Stardust's case you will scream forever.

lol

Attached: 37.png (423x376, 360K)

STARDUST! VS!
>Onslaught
>Molecule Man
> Legion/X-Man
>The Void

The full panel from OP disproves you

Attached: star.png (566x393, 511K)

>red doesn't line up with the circles on his belt

That's just shitty coloring, the art itself is pretty good, especially the shadow play.

eternal draw

>"That's him, that's my father"

Attached: fletcher hanks.jpg (121x120, 10K)

Hank's cartoon work is absolute dogshit yeah, no discussion. I bought the hardback omnibus of his work though and it has some of his non-comic art in the beginning. The guy had no real formal training and a shitload of raw talent. Eisner might've clarified that Hanks was a shitty cartoonist struggling to convey normal human emotion, but the man could draw.

The same as that of Captain Marvel

>Beat Thanos
With ease, him can transform it into an ant and crush it or make it immortal only so you can never be with your beloved death while you are imprisoned in an ice prison.

>Thanos with the stones
Stardust will use his superscience and create an anti-infinity beam that will cause the stones to be destroyed and the glove to melt, then beat Thanos in one blow and throw him into the sun

Remember that the paper and printing quality of the time made it impossible to put out art with fine detail in cheap, disposable books like these.

Hw definitely suffered from something it given the fact that he was born in the 1880s and was a shitty father in the 30s everyone just chalked it up to him being an asshole and a drunken bastard which he probably was

Lol what? Literally 1 inch shorter

I have the single volume release and it’s great the book itself is excellent from a design point but having all of fletchers work in one volumes a nice treat, plus that ending comic based on the real life interview with hanks son was good too

Attached: smssw.jpg (1944x1142, 473K)

Actually he did take art lessons through a mail system or something e was apparently pretty good

>has been openly mocked by that scoundrel Dane Cook
First time I laughed at Dane Cook since middle school.

Attached: stardust three_fourths angle.jpg (298x327, 30K)

A lot of people who have something and never get diagnosed often turn to booze or drugs, which in turn furthers their condition even more.
Remember kids, get wrecked with responsibility.

Attached: largemaninfrontofwall.jpg (837x609, 61K)

Shitty printing more like. Nothing to do with Hanks.

Fantomah is rad

>"But dear, you are home! Here with me and my friends. Like that large saxophone or that slab or rosewood."

>In 1959, Stardust attempted to force his way into the realm of the Science-Elders, who granted Captain Universe his powers. He eventually fought and was defeated by Captain Universe. Stardust's defeat was due to the fact that he was drunk, stumbling and uncoordinated which allowed Captain Universe to throw him in a chamber of Ice-9, freezing him in his own concoction that he previously trapped his victims. Stardust's headquarters was taken over by Captain Universe, and his frozen body remained there and put on display.

wish that was in the comic.

>Stardust the Super Wizard first appeared in Fantastic Comics (1939), and was created by Fletcher Hanks. Stardust is a superhero in the original comics, but his actions are considered by a modern audience to be very harsh. Stardust's drunkenness and demise is based on the death of Fletcher Hanks, who had frozen to death, penniless and likely drunk in 1976.

holy shit is moore a dick

Attached: CaptainuniverseStardust.jpg (178x384, 28K)

top fucking kek

Reminder that Stardust and Superman come from the same kind of autism.
>ALL POWERFUL ALIEN COMES TO EARTH IN ORDER TO FIGHT... PETTY CRIMINALS!

Attached: stardust2.jpg (550x379, 122K)

Two things wrong with that statement, Stardust is never confirmed to be FROM another planet, he just hangs out in space a bunch, and Superman wasn’t sent to fight crime, he just decided to do that at some point after having grown up on Earth.

"Thanos, you tried to kill millions to preserve ressources. As punishment you'll be transformed into a gigantic grapefruit that will feed millions."

It will also turn out that fruit-Thanos is sentient and regenerates, meaning he continues to scream in pain year after year as millions of people crawl over him and feast themselves.

Attached: stardust got this.jpg (1024x714, 286K)

will somebody draw this?

Regardless, Stardust was probably trying to ape Superman's formula in the hopes of getting even some of the same success. That's how media works.

here you go, my masterpiece

Attached: art.png (516x405, 6K)

>The G-Men are mystified.

t. a manlet

Mm, I dunno, maybe don't abuse your family? Maybe draw better comics?

>whose vast knowledge of interplanetary science has made him the most remarkable man that has ever lived
>devotes his abilities to racket-busting

I wouldn't even say that Stardust was 'aping' Superman. In the 20's and 30's, sci-fi was popular for a time and all manner of heroes were from space or went into space. Buck Rodgers and Flash Gordon are other examples of the fad. The problem isn't the sci-fi elements, but the whole 'they fight crime' angle; which is nothing more than a retarded way to tie in with ANOTHER fad of the era, gangster and G-Men stories. The fact is that it isn't fucking interesting when Luke Skywalker is fighting a bunch of Earth mobsters. Jabba the Hutt? Sure, he's one part mobster, one part Fu Manchu, and one part Barbary Pirate. A lot of elements are unique to that character. Superman fighting some biker gang? That's dull as fuck, we all know who is going to win even if the gang gets their hands on kryptonite or whatever. Now, Superman fighting Lobo the space biker? That's not only interesting, but fun as fuck. This is the problem with Stardust, he is an overpowered space wizard without overpowered villains to match wits with.

And if you are going to pit overpowered vs underpowered, it has to be a villain like Lex Luthor or Xanatos who you almost want to root for because their conflict is Man vs God, and deals with the question of whether regular joe's can even survive in a world with overpowered capes or if it's all just some cosmic horror story minus the tentacles and nigger ancestry.

Attached: co.gif (196x160, 837K)

Needs the wrinkled chin

You can tell Yea Forums is a reddit infested shithole by the fact that there are 2-3 different posters bringing up Fletchers alcoholism and death as if they aren't common knowledge, it is like bringing up Lovecrafts racism, we get it, we know.

Did you know Fletcher made the first female superhero? A whole year before Wonder Woman.

Golden Age is a hell of a drug.

He’s just a little eccentric and like to indoctrinate boys apparently

Attached: 1F879570-ADF0-4552-A5E3-BA383128D626.jpg (975x1378, 232K)

>Those outfits
>Also he apparently has no problem giving little kids his powers including fucking telepathy

Attached: 0651E38A-D97F-4094-9527-E8EA2FBAA536.jpg (975x1378, 252K)

he was to Chad for anyone to handle

Looking at Hanks' work on its own in 2019 might led you to believe he was a shit artist, but he was above almost every artist from the Golden Age. They used to have very loose linework and would mostly limit themselves to "just draw" things as the scripts demanded, but Hanks would add a sense of weight, strenght, form and physical energy that was seriously lacking in Golden Age comics of the day. Not even Superman had that, it's like the cars he lifted were made out of styrofoam. Stardust choked, punched and really hurt his enemies all the time. The faces might look weird too, but when Golden Age artists just placed a few lines here and there to suggest a face, Hanks' characters had fully rendered expression lines.

Attached: 311127E7-C3CF-4942-94F4-4B4845EA5A81.jpg (975x1378, 259K)

Attached: DF6627E8-EE9E-42B0-8428-4B1018EB7998.jpg (975x1378, 250K)

There’s something surreal and uncomfortable about all this

Attached: BBE6B604-7875-4CD5-8260-5906E1DD8428.jpg (975x1378, 247K)

Depends of if Herbie has his Hard-To-get Cinnamon lolipops or not. Otherwise, Stardust's attacks would greatly annoy him, but the kid wouldn't be able to win.

Now if Herbie has his cinnamon lollipop with him, Stardust is boned to kingdom come.

Attached: 1BE7645F-CFD1-4240-8FC3-DD39524655B1.jpg (975x1378, 262K)

>all i want is some pants

Attached: 1545674991245.gif (500x281, 297K)

Attached: 2D2228EF-7608-4F87-A137-B47A40BC6A17.jpg (975x1378, 264K)

Attached: B6669094-3431-4E67-80DB-4ED659107CCE.jpg (975x1378, 249K)

>holy shit is moore a dick
>He was so mean to the man who smacked his own family around!
Yeah, Moore's really heartless...

I remember someone asking me to draw this years ago, when I cared about drawthreads.

Attached: Stardust vs Superman.jpg (432x576, 59K)

All secret traitors must be rooted out and pulverized.

>Kovacs was fucked from the start, his vigilantism was just a result of his craziness.
>batman saw this and put rorscach 2 in Arkham
That wasn't the reason.

Attached: BatmanInRealLife.jpg (584x960, 174K)

>The second Rorschach is black
Now that makes this pic hilarious

Attached: black rorschach.png (1122x419, 418K)

Mr. A and Stardust teamup.
How quickly is world peace achieved?

Attached: mra.jpg (1532x2147, 661K)

Don't forget that Stardust has a unique and memorable style while most Golden Age DC comics kind of melded altogether. Their best stuff is stuff they bought from another company.

Hanks paid for 20 lessons to the W. L. Evans School of Art, where he'd mail in drawings and receive critique on his pieces from Evans. As strange as Stardust, Big Red McLane, Whirlwind Carter, and Fantomah's art was, Hanks did some really solid anatomy compositions and political comics before he became a complete alcoholic.

You guys should pick up a copy of "Turn Loose Our Death Rays and Kill Them All!" if you ever get the chance. It's got a really good biography on his life and a fantastic afterward done by Paul Karasik about the meeting he had with Hanks' son. It went for about $30 on Amazon last I checked.

STARDUST! VS!
Kirby.

>Then Stardust crashes into the horde with such tremendous speed that the friction turns them to ashes
What a hero.

Attached: 1543641284397.jpg (1199x1200, 172K)

starbump

so who currently owns Stardust? could he ever make a comeback in either cameo or comic?

Might be public domain, so anybody who wants could probably put him in something.

Public domain.

He's in the public domain. Anyone can make anything they want with him and sell it. There's been a bunch of one-shot comics and there's an ongoing webcomic of him and a bunch of other PD capes.

Reminds me a bit of the outsider artist Henry Darger's work, especially with the child soldiers and the surreal poses

It's a cheap shot. "the creator of this character was a drunken shit lol"

You might as well reduce all of Moore's work to "he's a pompous blowhard lol"

I agree that people need to separate the creator from their work, but in Hanks' case his alcoholism did directly affect the quality of his comics.

The way he flies face down is the xreepiest part

Like his humanoid form is just a vessel and sight is unneedes

You can ser by the way he flies that his legs are fucked.

The original Fletcher Hanks comics are in the public domain. That's why he's shown up in LOEG and also some other people's comics.

>like I dont do that whenever I reference him in my own art

>ongoing webcomic
where?

tapas.io/series/The-Power-of-Stardust

Good Lord!

>holy shit is moore a dick
Yea Forums really is the most sensitive board on this site

You know hwhat?
This makes me mad

If this actually updated more I'd highly recommend it

He is an agent of vengeance for a cruel and unfeeling god.

Here’s a quick sketch

Attached: 0D56EACD-32D8-4114-92D7-CDCFDFF62E65.png (683x1024, 555K)

Omega Samction vs Stardust
What's worse?

Come on Moore, a gas from a certain star made Stardust immune to heat and cold. Read the lore.

Attached: 5.jpg (975x1378, 290K)

The petty criminals in stardust are always into major shit like world domination. Like literal mobsters trying to conquer the world...

you can tell he had a lot of fun drawing those faces

STARDUST

Attached: stardustseesfifthsympathisers.png (221x232, 142K)

Batman was a dick to Reggie and now is crying like a bitch for not listening to him.

Nothing new, i remember seeing interviews with him and Gaiman where they basically call Ditko a crazy person for being a moral absolutist.
Like, shit, man, i'm no absolutist, but have you ever heard of "don't shit where you eat"? Ditko and guys like him set up the ground work for modern comics, and it's disrespectful as fuck to just shit all over them.

Ditko kept shitting where he eats because of his moral absolutism. He basically wanted comics like spiderman to be like Mr A. But Mr A sucks as a comic and character. The character is so autistic that he is borderline sociopathic and all. The villains in the comic are basically chaotic evil. Each of them is like O-Dog from menace to society. They take petty shit and level that up into first degree murder just cuz.

>Superman, who also basically never faced challenges in his early stories.
Have you read Golden age Superman though? There were entire issues were he would hardly even throw a punch. The point of Superman wasn't about winning out in a tough fight until much, much later.

He is a dick tho

Stardust movie when?

Who could or would even direct a StarDust movie that accurately displays the complete surreal insanity of the comic?

So I’ve read through a lot of Hanks work and another weird thing about them is how little development or even solid plot most of them have, everyone has little characterization besides doing extreme actions against their enemies and the plots usually just involve assholes invading, stealing or killing before it ends

Guillermo del Toro or Darren Aronofsky.

Cuaron for the keks. Imagine a Stardust movie in Roma style, with an omniscient narrator telling how Stardust tortures his foes.

t. Moore

Tommy Wiseau.

Nobuhiko Obayashi is the only man for the job.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Ice-9 isn't hot OR cold, it just IS.

And what it is?

Attached: Untitled-41.jpg (630x420, 150K)

Stardust looks like Sting here.

That guy who directed Mandy and The Black Rainbow.

Jesus

Snyder is the right answer.

>Wizard of murder

Why’s he got fucking spider hands?

The Imega Sanction that traps you with Stardust.

anybody have that thing were he insuated that the rotheschilds faked pearl harbor in order to enter the arms market and get the US involved in WW2?

So this was just personal power revenge fantasy from the author?

A short Storytime

Attached: 1.jpg (1036x1600, 556K)

Attached: 2.jpg (1032x1600, 549K)

Attached: 3.jpg (1045x1600, 556K)

Attached: 4.jpg (1040x1600, 537K)

>Genestealer Cults . jpg

Attached: 5.jpg (1040x1600, 516K)

Attached: 6.jpg (1055x1600, 570K)

I have always maintained in my own headcannon that stardust is actually an ancient being that has grown bored with his unlimited power and wants to just mess with people using his power. Unfortunately he cant just mess with random innocents for some reason. So he secretly "leaks" some of his incredible machines to mobsters (where else do these people get shit that can stop the rotation of the earth) and waits for them to commit some giant crime or at least be in the middle of committing it to stop them. Rather then preventing it from happening like he obviously could so that people know the badguy is "evil". That way he can "punish" the evildoer by doing the crazy shit he wants under the pretense of "justice" and leaves before anyone can question him about all this. When the planet he is currently messing with catches on he just leaves for the next one, with earth being the latest. I'm also sure that the headless headhunter giant is a victim from a previous cycle.

Thanks, that was kino and much more tasteful than Moore's bitter reference. Is it from an actual Spongebob (R) comic?

It is. It was from Spongebob Comics Annual #2.

My headcanon is that he is some really powerful supreme alien being with no grasp on reality.

all the space beams and distant star rays have fried his brain

My headcanon is that he's Cowboy Henk, who on his world went to some kind of community college and took a course on superheroing, then got assigned the Earth seen in the Stardust comics.

Can the Authority defeat or at least contain Stardust? Bear in mind they defeated God, the not avengers and Seth.

Muy headcanon is that he is adultos Johnny Test who got some serious braon damage due to his sisters and the cia experimenting on him.

Well we know that there is a machine that takes away his ability to use rays. Engineer could try to recreate that on a larger scale, then the others fight him while he's ray-less.

The laws of physics as we understand them hold no power over STARDUST, if something he does makes no sense, that's just because he operates under different unknowable laws of physics from a different reality, the reality of STARDUST.

Attached: superiority beam.png (156x211, 50K)

The guy is basically "no u" the character.

>Stardust parody in a Spongebob comic
This is an awfully deep cut.

Even if some character tried shooting him with some kind of doomsday/kryptonite/bullshit gun, the comic would only read
>"this ray should destroy you, Stardust!"
>"It does not!"

Yet Moore OC defeated him.

It was a sub-par clone, I won't accept any other explanation.

A drunken sub-par clone.

YOU DARE TO DEFY THE MIGHT OF STARDUST?

Amazing

Attached: tumblr_inline_oputlhZ8vG1qdwxx9_500.png (500x358, 397K)

So, who can actually defeat Stardust?
>Un b4 Moore

only with his own power

None can defeat STARDUST.

whoever created and wrote this shit is a moron.

>flying face down
that’s a nice touch

t. salty fifth columnist

Get a load of this racketeering scum.
Preemptive F

More like mentally ill.

Alcoholism

>gives a bunch of little boys skintight suits and collars

Attached: 1523410148109.png (160x160, 4K)

You're just jealous you don't get a suit made of star-metal and a telepathy necklace.

wow so original and funny nobody in the past century has ever made that joke wow haha you should do stand up user

Shazam's origin story had a boy following a very odd man into an abandoned place.

Getting kids or kid characters to show up in comics was a staple of the Golden Age and meant for pandering to their readership as self insert vehicles more than anything else. That's why Robin exists.

True, but the majority of comic book writers aren't as..eccentric as the fellow who made Stardust.

>He doesn't know about the drunkard loser fuck Fletcher Hanks.

Ohh boy.

Chuck Norris.

He probably created her just to stick it to any would be female creators of the future. He preemptively stole their thunder. What a boss.

>Namor's temples are square
>Ha-ha!
>Hi, I'm Black Bolt

Attached: 8183EA4E-2D2A-417F-A65C-C2B951042E0F.jpg (720x720, 35K)

>How do we defeat the Fifth Column?
>By creating a Sixth Column!

Attached: graad.jpg (280x359, 25K)

Beautiful.

Six is greater than five, user. It's science.

OR DO YOU DOUBT THE AWESOME SCIENCE OF STARDUST?

Stardust would make an excellent Doom Patrol villain.

Attached: fear the sky.jpg (815x960, 145K)

>OR DO YOU DOUBT THE AWESOME SCIENCE OF STARDUST?
O-of course not. Down with the Fifth Coumn.

He was probably a drunk schizo, moron have a poor grip on reality. Fletcher Hanks had no grip at reality at all.

Good, the only thing worse than racketeering is Fifth Columnist sympathizers in our midst.

I forget, what's it a column of? Is it related to the Islam, or was that something completely different?

People within your country or group who sympathize with the enemy and work against you to support them.

Is there a sixth column? if it exists, is it better or worse than the fifth? Any more columns than that?

>"During the Siege of Madrid in the Spanish Civil War, Nationalist general Emilio Mola told a journalist in 1936 that as his four columns of troops approached Madrid, a "fifth column" (Spanish: Quinta columna) of supporters inside the city would support him and undermine the Republican government from within"

I get the impression that Earth was actually pretty far on the bottom of his list. He's just gotten most the rest of the universe DONE already.

Attached: 4chan banner end civilization.jpg (300x100, 45K)

So those kids and Stardust just murdered a bunch of innocent sailors?

Passengers, it's an ocean liner, and yeah they're dead as fuck. Par for the course though, not the first time a passenger ship has been the victim of warfare
IS IT, GERMANY?

That doesn't mean he was challenged. That's just the reason Superman stood the test of time and Stardust didn't.

>end civilization
WHY!? WHAT DO YOU GAIN FROM IT?
I can understand wanting to get rid of democracy and becoming some sort of dictator, since it benefits you, but civilization isn't something you just get destroy, maybe A civilization, like a specific one, like a foreign country that you don't like, but ending civilization, in general, FOREVER, does nothing for you, or anybody in your group, which as long as it's together, is part of civilization, and if your gang was the only people left in the world, it would still be a civilization until it ends, so why the fuck would anybody follow you?
Also, before anybody says anything about anarchy, that just means no real government, it can still be civilization without a proper government running things.

So, what are you saying? We live in a... society?

It's all just gotta go.

Attached: burn it clean.png (596x711, 394K)

The blue suited one looks like golden age Luthor. Same face, same hair...

>WHAT DO YOU GAIN FROM IT?
Some men just want to watch the world burn

well, he'll be rich

You forget this was written a by an undiagnosed psychopathic alcoholic

>tubular spacial
>he's going to tell us what to do
>also their faces are hideous
>world-invaders from the Eastern Hemisphere
>suicide squads
>winged shells
>baloon
>BALOON
>give 'em the full load
And a whole gang of men in suits all want to work together for it?
NO HE WON'T!
I'm not questioning the sanity and intelligence of the man who wrote this, I am well aware of the many problems he had, but the sanity and intelligence of the actual characters, THAT is what I question!

Huh, yeah kinda.

Attached: Stardust comes for Lex.jpg (461x415, 128K)

>And a whole gang of men in suits all want to work together for it?
If they are of the same opinion, I don't see why a group of gentlemen can't conspire together to once and for all end this "civilization" issue.

>I've nothing to do with this ray
That's a pretty nonchalant reaction to being engulfed by an unknown space ray.

He deals with Superman, that's probably the least weird thing that happened to him that day.

To be fair, that american boat that the germans sank in WW1 was loaded with weapons for the Western front.

>"The seaweed of crime bears bitter fruit"
>A fucking Spongebob comic drops a Shadow reference in the middle of a Stardust parody.
Holy shit

You don't know that, it could have been ferrying those innocent artillery shells to an ammunition convention!

The guard is also like
>what kind of weird shit is going to happen to make Luthor escape this week?

Stardust has infinite plot armor while Thanos doesn't. Like, Thanos uses some items of cosmic power that he has to put in effort to acquire, while Stardust can just pull as many arbitrarily powerful items from his ass as he desires. The only character that could stands a chance against Stardust would be a meta, fourth wall breaking kind, like a hero whose power is to retcon all of the opponent's actions into playing into his ultra complex plan.

Attached: magicr.jpg (720x479, 82K)

>"A mysterious ray from outer space? Luthor, is this your doing?"

That's one of the most hilarious things about him. People give characters like Tony Stark and Reed Richards shit for using their science prowess to fight caped villains instead of curing cancer and ending world hunger, but Stardust explicitly wastes his godlike powers on torturing petty crooks and there ain't nobody brave enough to call him out on it.

>implying Yea Forums wouldn't do the same if they had Stardust's powers

you do not question the ways of stardust

Attached: stardust_by_fletcher_hanks_by_schwartzillustration-d65dhzl.jpg (1024x1412, 417K)

This is pre-WW2, right?
>mfw Stardust predicted V-3 and the Amerika-Bomber

That poor girl never escaped from Stardust's castle.

He didn't specify what kind of "rest" he was talking about.

hey now, he said for as long as you like, and he's a man of his word

>Alright, just tell it to him straight. "I'd be crazy to think about it!"
>"Oh, Stardust! I'd be crazy about it!"
>Shit.

Attached: starquiz.png (400x255, 238K)

I have a goal to make one someday

Regular live-action film, but Stardust himself done as a living drawing, altering the fabric of whatever space he occupies. When he speaks, the voice is heavily distorted like the old Sinnestar one, and louder than the rest of the cast in the mix like Bane's voice was in DKR.
youtube.com/watch?v=S-XEINagmaU
>"YOU ARE NOW IN THE POWER OF STARDUST. RUN, RUN, RUN!"

Godspeed user.

Good luck.

This is whismically autist.

"I'll send these vultures to Venus. Then I'll turn you into a worm, and send you to Venus. Then I'll take this woman who wants to be my girl friend to my magic palace, I'll have sex with my new girl friend because she wants to have sex wth me in my magic palace."

Attached: burger.gif (200x224, 871K)

I'd rather prefer Stardust to be a live actor, but with SFX to make him uncanny valley (i.e. CGI-stretched to his comic proportions, acting very slowly/very fast with footage then brought to normal speed so his motions are almost natural but slightly off, etc)

I don't think the most remarkable man who ever lived is interested in something as trite as sex. His only passion is racket-busting

And have him speak without moving his mouth.

Jesus, just him glaring at you while his voice emanates from all points simultaneously, even from within your chest, as he declares
>YOU ARE NOW IN THE POWER OF STARDUST

>But Mr A sucks as a comic and character.

That is only an opinion and not a fact. Facts can be proven. You cannot prove your opinion because it is not based on fact. To claim that opinions are fact is an injustice. Only evil commits injustice. For the continued protection of society and those that live within the laws and covenants of society? I will now destroy you without sympathy for you have made your selfish choice.

Attached: 40581683_10215175159586253_4565763493659148288_n.jpg (448x960, 45K)

>I fucking wish, officer Dan

>"For your many crimes, my temporal-displacement ray will first transport you into the distant past, away from the innocent lives you sought to destroy! Frozen in this cave, your still-living skull will remain imprisoned forever so you can think about your crimes!"

Attached: Petralona skull.jpg (300x225, 14K)

I'd be surprised if he had sex with her. Earlier in the story, IIRC, he's going to plop her back at home but she insists on sticking with him because her whole family is dead. He probably just forgot she was there and she spent the rest of her life in opulent isolation.

>To claim that opinions are fact is an injustice.

To falsely accuse people of things is an injustice. I never claimed my opinion to be a fact.

Attached: 8F5BC63F-339C-4FED-A696-ECCEE38FC24D.gif (500x264, 968K)

>you want i should bop you with this here lollipop

His catch phrase is so ominous. It’s like the author knows his hero is a complete lunatic with a god-complex.

>”You are now in the power of Stardust”

>["Good lord!"'s in fossil]

>Standard heist movie; bunch of petty criminals and people down on their luck band together to get a big score for each of their own reasons
>One third into the movie they already successfully pull of the heist and are now at their temporary hideout about to figure out how to split it up, which all seems oddly early for such a movie
>Suddenly, while they're arguing between themselves, Stardust fucking appears out of nowhere, says his spiel about how their life of crime is now over, ending it with the "You're now in the power of Stardust" line and starts going to town on one of them with his insane punishments
>The rest of the movie is set up more like a slasher/monster flick with Stardust as the "killer", and the criminals trying to hide or get away from him
>Stardust were nowhere in the promotional material, and it was just advertised as a standard heist movie

>that frozen chill in your spine when you hear those words
>that certainty that your life is over at that moment
>the utter horror that an agonizing death is your best possible outcome here
Movie probably work better as a horror flick, honestly

STARDUST being a terrifying entity you can't possibly reason with is the best angle to write for him, he's a monster and should be treated as such.

That's a pretty terrestrial looking star you've got there.
Also, were those vultures actually from Venus? Are they some sort of special vulture, or are they ordinary vultures that just might be from Venus? Or are all vultures from Venus in this story and he;s sending this specific flock (or whatever the group name is) of vultures to Venus?
And is this "Kaos" a man or a woman? I can't tell from the panel that isn't a "worm" (if anything it's more like a caterpillar, but with an ugly "human" face) if that's just a dude with long hair or a blond chick.

Have any pictures of that?

Make it "I'm John Constantine and i consider you a friend"

I think between all the threads I've seen in the last few years, that I've likely seen every Stardust comic made; no one has ever begged for mercy and succeeded or otherwise dissuaded his wrath, have they?

Nope. Once he's set his sights on you there's not a damn thing you can do

the vultures are from venus, can't remember anything about the kaos-chap

Bad news anons! STARDUST is after you and only a character from the last show/game/comic you watched can protect you. How fucked are you?

I don't think so, he barely even acknowledges any attempts to appeal to his mercy, delivering only a single line about his victim having no mercy and therefore receiving none.
He cannot be reasoned with, because he makes no mistakes. All that transpires, does so according to the wishes of STARDUST.

I want a Bohemian Rhapsody styled docu-movie about the comic and Fletcher's life, with some of the comics done up in live action

If he won't listen to reason, I'll just have to speak the universal language.

Bah-weep-grah-nah-weep-ninnybon?

Attached: hotrod.jpg (320x234, 15K)

>Simpsons
I am screwed.

Judge Dredd would try his best, but Stardust will not be denied.

Attached: dredd (4).jpg (506x566, 124K)

I am about 98% sure there is something in Simpson’s canon that could manhandle Stardust.

Not what I meant, but I suppose we could try that before my idea.

Attached: Nick Fury.jpg (750x375, 26K)

Oooohhhhh shit

Attached: DCSuperheroGirlsGroup.jpg (1000x1000, 184K)

Like what? Something from the Halloween specials?

>Doom Patrol show
I have better chances than one might think because Stardust is that existential weird horror that the Doom Patrol deal daily. But I fear having Stardust that early will mean horrible endless horror on them, but a experienced Doom Patrol may be capable of wipping out some semantic weapon against him.

Attached: Danny_the_Street_001.jpg (1024x752, 206K)

*coughs*

Attached: 103E8E33-8DFF-4BFC-A8B5-5623B51F820A.jpg (500x380, 26K)

Enforcers from Crackdown 1 would stand absolutely zero fucking chance. The entire city from that game would be his for the taking, too, since the population is 70% criminals.

Cry somewhere else, we're having a good time

What about the last comic I read?

So fucked that I use my last moments free of torture to so some serious elf molestation.

Attached: Rayla 1.jpg (1280x1280, 527K)

>character from the last show/game/comic
>comic

I’m fucked

Attached: 7BE97A2D-ED5A-4A72-9364-79B7C8F20379.gif (480x270, 2.39M)

the last comic i read WAS stardust though

It’ll be a little hard since we barely know anything about fletchers life, we know from his son he was a drunken bastard but there’s large chunks of his life missing with only a few gaps filled in all that we know was that he froze to death sometimes in the 70s

>Blond, blue eyed autist super wizard
>Nazi killing machine

Well, that would be interesting

Attached: Wtno-william-joseph-bj-blazkowicz.jpg (900x1170, 182K)

You don't think there's a pretty big degree of difference between beating the shit out of your wife and kid versus being a pretentious blowhard?

Hanks encountered the real Super Wizard STARDUST and struggled to capture the bizarre being's exploits in comics. The gaps in Hank's life are the times when STARDUST kidnapped him for trips across space, trips Fletcher never asked for nor wanted. The time spent with the maniac wizard drove him to take out his frustrations on his kids before driving him to drink.

That's not the point. Moore reduced an artist's work to his personal failings. It's a cheap shot and meaningless to boot.

I guess I didn't read carefully enough.
STARDUST, protect me from STARDUST!

O no

stardust is coming to ice-9 you, but you can survive.
are you luck, will you roll a good power?

you find out
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

rules
you only have 1 roll and 1 reroll
if the power is useless you may reroll again, but if its overpowered as fuck you must reroll.
and explain how you would beat him

>Technomagic
STARDUST witnesses my attempt at replicating his many rays and imprisons me for all time within a star for my curious technomagery.

What if John Constantine befriends Stardust?

Digimon World 2

Wargreymon would put up a better fight than most, but I'm still fucked.

powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Passageway_Manipulation
All I can do is run away
So he casts a spell that creates a giant face that can see through all and I can see it always and it's always coming towards me and it's literally a nightmare I've had since I was young but all I can do is run away

That's not a Moore OC. That's Captain Universe, who was created by Mick Anglo (who also created Marvelman). Seriously, didn't you even read the indica?

I don't think Arthur Morgan will be much help to me

The Spongebob Stardust Comic is written by Paul Karasik, the guy who put together the Fletcher Hanks collections and interviewed Hanks' son. R. Sikoryak is the artist, but he is the guy who wanted to do a Stardust-style comic for Spongebob and wanted Karasik to write it because he'd know the stuff very well.

stardust is a alien with super advanced tech not magic. he can be beaten but its hard as fuck(he is superman with superman power but if it was techbase and not organic). you will be able to keep escaping as long as you are fast enough

Could Squirrel Girl beat Stardust?

He'd just turn her into a squirrel, she'd be cool with it though.

>Underwater-Lightning Manipulation
Well, fuck

>Disproportionate Force

Eh? Maybe? A small amount of effort to knock him cold?

Hit him in the legs. His legs are fucked since he doesn't walk.

>Attack Ignoring
>The power to cause any/all attacks to ignore the user.
I guess he can't do anything to me, but I can't really do anything to him either.

powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Nothingness_Manipulation
I got this.

>Nothing can stop Stardust
>Attack him with nothing
That's his exact weakness!

That wasn't my initial plan, but that works too.

Of better yet his lips move but do not sync with what he’s saying at all

His atrophied legs are his weakness.

And give him Thom Yorke's soft yet creepy voice.

I use nothing to break his legs.

Stardust the Super Wizard. The titular, tumultuous-enduing and homicidal maniac millions have come to loath and fear. It's just the way things are going these days. A pocketful of discord always turns a country's head while this smörgåsbord of chaos brings the world to its knees just by giving a wink to the camera. Stardust would give Batman's Super Ego a run for its money. Vain -- moi? Certainly, but I'm not stupid. He has presence. Longevity. Id est -- he is Somebody.

I really should get around to fixing that.

Attached: Mister_Nobody.png (308x476, 321K)

You all forget the kind of stuff he had to deal with
>the petty crooks who turned off gravity so they could rob the planet when everyone had been launched into space
>the petty crooks who created a tornado machine to wipe out mankind if they refused to pay a ransom
>the petty crooks who caused a tsunami to destroy New York
>the alien crook who set fire to Mars then threw Mars at the Earth
Despite everyone looking like they're from the 1930s, the average gangster had atomic powered rayguns lying around.

Dredd hates vigilantes even more than regular lawbreakers though. You're fucked but you can bet your arse they'll have some sort of anti-ray field ready for the next time Stardust shows his face.

Attached: dredd hyperman.png (560x736, 349K)

David Lynch

Attached: twin_peaks_03_black_lodge-2.jpg (1000x747, 156K)

powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Sexuality_Embodiment
Please don't take me to your private star, Stardust.

>Did you hear that? The Fifth Column and the American racketeers are working together to help conquer America and take over American business!

Stardust and his minions are certainly devoted to protecting capitalism.

Stardust probably doesn't know what money is

I think that might be the most horrifying concept I've ever seen in a comic

Attached: 1523643012642.jpg (746x1024, 338K)

You know it be interesting to see a story where StarDust is literally just dropped into another story filled with heroes and villains like MHA or something and disposes of villains who can barely process his punishment

Goddamn, he didn't need to combine them all into one being but did anyway.

He created an entirely new person, a living being filled with the conflicting thoughts and memories of dozens of people. And before it can even realize what or who it is, this infant creature is thrust into an existence of suffering for the crimes of the people it is made of. That's fucking horrifying.

>He didn't need to ___, but he did anyway.
That's basically Stardust in a nutshell.

Of it could be he literally just shoved them all into one body, each restrain their own individuality but stuck in a single body that’s blasted into space

Life-Force Blast

Im not sure it will be enough but hes not getting me alive

Stardust vs 2meta4u heroes?

Honestly my dude just send your scripts to Gary Groth I'm sure he's willing to find someone to draw them.

STARDUST dispatches them horrifically for their crimes against literature.

>whether regular joe's can even survive in a world with overpowered capes or if it's all just some cosmic horror story minus the tentacles and nigger ancestry.
this honestly feels like my life as a 30 yo in the third world so I guess capes are relatable and mature and sophisticated

>USING HIS SPECTACULAR RESURRECTION RAY...

>user IS DOOMED TO A SISYPHEAN FATE, DYING AND RELIVING THE SAME DOOM FOR ALL TIME. MAYBE THAT WILL TEACH user NOT TO RACKETEER AND/OR SHITPOST

The process of becoming a Super-Wizard stripped Stardust of human emotion, replacing it only with a twisted sense of sadistic justice.

To be fair, if you're going to send them to stalk gangsters, banksters, and facists then giving them super powers is only responsible.

That is one thing that makes sense.
There are too many capes who are written to be millennia old with godlike powers, but still somehow think and act like baseline humans.

powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Weak_Force_Combat
I punch him so hard he turns into radiation

That merely scatters him into a powerful STARDUST RAY that spreads outwards, vaporizing all racketeers and fifth columnists everywhere.

>Stardust becomes one with universe. All is Stardust

I don't get why people say Saitama is an "overpowered character done right." He's humorous at first, but honestly the gag gets old quick.

Does that make Stardust Royalty if he was in K6BD?

Indeed. Perhaps in gaining those god-like powers, he gained awareness that it would unerringly corrupt him as long as a shred of humanity remained.
Perhaps the greatest act of heroism Stardust ever performed was martyring the man he was to kill the monster he'd become... and still wind up doing seriously fucked up stuff regardless.

Even they would fear being in the power of Stardust, because the absolute last thing he'd be trying to do is kill them.

I was playing as a Chaos Sorcerer in The Last Stand. With the Icon of Summoning. That makes a copy of anyone I wish. This could get fucky real fast.

All is now in the power of STARDUST.

I am so fucked.

Attached: When your favorite store on the Citadel replaces its Lego stock with Megablocks.jpg (428x359, 43K)

I'm confident that Mr. Darcy will drive the scoundrel away in the manner of a true gentleman.

Attached: prideandprejudice8.jpg (714x359, 24K)

>the only way to survive this scenario is to have shit taste
ah, such a true statement about the world

I fucking love the fury. I wish there was more art of that cold robotic son of a bitch

>MI GENTE

What would happen if Stardust and Fantomah teamed up?
What would happen if they had kids?

Attached: a-dreadful-penalty.jpg?fit=937%2C828.jpg (937x828, 391K)

The children would look normal(I mean as normal as a child of Stardust would), until they use their powers, when their visages turn to resemble their mother.

powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Death_Manipulation

I might actually have a chance. Not a big one, mind you.

Attached: Death.jpg (842x486, 47K)

Attached: Stardust good lord.jpg (550x378, 129K)

What about the more important ones?

More important what? I'm just bumping for more Fantomah, Stardust is the only Fletcher Hanks creation I'm familiar with and I'd like to see more of his strange take on superheroics.

misterkitty.org/extras/stupidcovers/stupidcomics29.html

This shit is brilliant!

read the text in the image you posted.
Yeah, that's definitely something he'd do.

At least you'd be dead pretty fast, and hurtling through space forever is a kinda neat way to go

Stardust in Dwarf Fortress.

>At least you'd be dead pretty fast
You truly expect Stardust to be so merciful just because he did not state that you would suffer for eternity?

Attached: 1508139323031.png (2176x1036, 162K)

>Spirit
>Plastic Man
>Captain Marvel
>Stardust
Any other Golden Age cape comics that stand out from the crowd?

>>Captain Marvel
She's awesome!!

If we talking about not-ordinary characters, i will say Madam Fatale, first crossdressing superhero.

Can Stardust defeat Pickle Inspector with full imagination?

Attached: 340.png (105x336, 2K)

>"Stardust then hits the girl with his orgasmic ray, drowning all her senses with overwhelming sexual stimulation. He then places her body, wracked with pleasure, into an ice chamber, ensuring that she will never grow old or die. There she will stay frozen and motionless, being able to experience the most intense orgasm for all eternity."
>"His work here done, Stardust quickly departs to fight injustice once more."

powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Absolute_Change

Well that's just the same power Stardust has, isn't it?

>Ratboy Genius
RBG can create alternate dimensions with his dreams, change something from 2D to 3D, come up with ways to stop existential threats to the universe, and write some damn good opera.
So, we might actually stand a chance.

What is this Ice-9 being mentioned? I tried looking it up, but there are a lot of results, and I don't know which one to look at.

Sounds like it's based on the Kurt Vonnegut one.

>Send Penultimo (Unknown consequences)

Attached: th.jpg (474x624, 29K)

>powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Holiday_Lordship
I mean, i guess if it was some holiday based around forgiveness, i could use my powers to make Stardust simply not want to come after me anymore. I wouldn't beat him necessarily, but i would escape with my life.

Basically yeah. Dude was fucked up but it led to some pretty unique comics

Are there any cape comics that didn't start off that way?

yup, this is the work of a madman

Can Stardust kill the Grimace?

Attached: Grimace.jpg (600x608, 74K)

Holy shit. It's literally golden-age Sonichu.

Omae wa mou shindeiru

>THOUGHT SPIES with THOUGHT RECORDERS

yeah thats not fucking terrifying at all

It'd have to be someone who could somehow reflect Stardust's powers back at him without him nullifying it.
Either that or someone who can cheat reality on an even harder scale.

only if you're a fifth columnist or a racketeer

I'm just trying to comprehend the series of decisions that led to that second panel.

>For fucks sake, not again with this ray shit Lex.
>It ain't me this time.

So if everyone else is in space, where are they going to spend the money?

DRAGONFLYMAN

Thank fuck, he's the only dude who's superpower of bullshit SCIENCE! can stand up to Stardust and Adam West.

>Doom Patrol

Morrison era could handle it, for sure, between Crazy Jane, Rebis, and even Dorthy. But it would not exacly be easy

If Mr Nobody got involved and brought in the Painting and his crew in it, then Stardust would be fucked... unless Nobody decided to let him go out of sheer admiration for his cruel, unusual, and absurdest punishments.

>Darger
Has Yea Forums ever really discussed Darger? I feel like people here would love his whole thing.
>autist spends his entire life creating his own private ongoing fantasy saga in which he fights a surreal version of the American Civil War with an army of futa loli daughterus

Attached: henrydarger2.jpg (1600x1098, 511K)

>spending money when they can just take whatever they want to
this goes far beyond any mere bank robbery

the one thing in the entire universe that triggers my inner autist is people making art of stardust being defeated
i don't know why but the concept of an impossible god being destroyed is incomprehensible

Darger is so fucking overlooked

Attached: henry-darger-900x450-c.jpg (900x550, 578K)

I just fucking love how terrifying Stardust is

Attached: stardust.jpg (579x782, 222K)

They’re going to prostitute those girls, aren’t they?

hey I think I have seen that animé

Darger had no conceptualization of sex. They're probably just going to be tortured or worked to death.

> Beats them to death and tosses their limp forms into the ocean
> Uses anti-gravity to hurtle them into the sky
> Incinerates them when they get there
Jesus Christ

Attached: 1479206013245.jpg (583x1508, 224K)

Those poor girls

Does he ever make a facial expression aside from the autist glare?

Hm...

Attached: sai.jpg (1920x1080, 304K)

Anti-punch rays will fix his wagon

If Darger had lived to see modern anime I think he would have shed a tear and realised there were other people in the world who understood him. His lolis with horns and tails look like a precursor to Dragon Maid, and I imagine he'd get a real kick out of Made in Abyss.

Attached: 4200717190_12f2f4106f_o.jpg (2816x1872, 3.74M)

Nope, Fletcher Hanks never changes anyone's facial expression in his comics

There are no prisons, police, judges or juries in that world. There is only Stardust.

Personally I like imperfections like that. It gives the work charm.

I can't tell if a lack of punctuation at the end makes this phrase funnier or even more terrifying

Attached: 84dccaaf00278bc4e9dd62600522cce2.png (358x311, 113K)

Punctuation implies an ending, unlike your soon to be eternal torment

I just want to say I hate the term outsider art, it is literally just the 'high art' world exploiting crazy people for entertainment

They guy who wrote him was literally mentally insane.

Died drunk homeless on a bench like Poe.

>it is literally just the 'high art' world exploiting crazy people for entertainment
As opposed to exploiting the public via a scheme not unlike the story of the Emperor's New Clothes like they normally do?
>look at this... log
>it's art, because I paid ten thousand dollars for it
>now come and see it in my art museum
>sells log for a million dollars

I'm going to assume only loosely. The Ice-9 in Cat's Cradle is just ice with a higher melting point than normal ice and which converts water into Ice-9 on contact. It's not any tougher than normal ice and, when melted, just turns into ordinary water.

I've never read any comics in which it appears, but I have to assume Alan Moore's version is a more science-fantasy-style concept. Vonnegut's Ice-9 will kill normal people just fine if they ingest it or (presumably) if it touches their mucous membranes, but I'm sure a lot of superheroes could shrug it off or just smash out of it if encased.

Pfft, who cares about that? They'll be rich!

>with an army of futa loli daughterus

Let me guess... the guy had no concept of female genitals?

the art world is literally money laundering for foreign embezzeled drug money to enter the US

possibly.

His creator was a drunkard.

He can uninfinity the stones and smash the gauntlet.

There's a theory that he did not know about female genitalia, but i think that he chose to draw dicks on little girls as a coping mechanism for his own abuse.

A lot of people seem to presume as much, but it seems like Darger was quite a complicated chap with regards to his thoughts about gender - He spent his childhood being abused in a children's home (who knows what shit anyone subjected him to there) and along with his possessions they found a letter someone had written him where they referred to him as "boy", he'd crossed it out and written "girl". Given his reclusion, I suppose we'll never know for sure whether he didn't know, wanted to be the little girl (and that was a way of imagining it) or that he just liked the idea of little girls with dicks.

His story reminds me a bit of Jacko, in a way - A guy whose own childhood was fucked up and who clearly never really managed to get over it, instead fixating on children and childhood itself. There appears to be no suggestion he was a sexual being at all though, his loli-love seems to have been pure, he just subjected his child characters to horrible shit because it had happened to him, but in his stories he could save the children.

Yes I think the concept of 'outsider art' is probably a symptom of the general ridiculousness of the art world

Friendly reminder that the guy putting up the pisspot wanted to be called out on it and people seeing artistic value in it was the opposite of what he wanted.
Everybody copying his concept of 'what is really art?' by throwing together something ugly without passion or skill is making true his worst nightmare.

Keep going.Also I think this is relevant.

Attached: 1458640264891.jpg (1280x1894, 769K)

>Google Henry Darter

What the fuck.

Attached: henry_darger_600_outsider_art_violence_controversial_illustration_caretaker_article_Kids_of_Dada_gra (600x600, 89K)

Attached: 1458640107603.jpg (1280x1894, 742K)

Attached: 1458640029214.jpg (1280x1882, 720K)

My neighbors above me are blasting 8 mile loud enough to hear the bassline but not much anything else. I hate my life.

Attached: 1458639962406.jpg (1280x1866, 798K)

Fuck! Why are the images posting in reverse? Ugggg

Attached: 1458639881636.jpg (1280x1899, 643K)

Attached: 1458639813473.jpg (1280x1871, 907K)

Attached: 1458639727364.jpg (1280x1903, 840K)

Attached: 1458639661763.jpg (1280x1876, 605K)

Moore taking potshots at a dead guy does seem pretty pointless.

I have no idea what a "padme" is outside the realm of the Star Wars prequels.
Also, what the fuck happened in the bottom two panels?

That's one theory, but IIRC he worked as a janitor in a hospital for a while, so I figure he'd have seen a vagina at some point. There's another theory that it was some esoteric way of showing the female characters were as powerful as males and equally capable of defending their magical kingdom.

Stardust un-uglied that child.

Darger...had a hard life.

>Also, what the fuck happened in the bottom two panels?
Fat little NPC kid turned back into a real boy.

>I have no idea what a "padme" is outside the realm of the Star Wars prequels.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om_mani_padme_hum
>Also, what the fuck happened in the bottom two panels?
The kid is transformed.
>what, how, why
Because Stardust

Would Stardust Netflix series be good?

Attached: Stardust-the-Super-Wizard-from-Eagle-Eye-Prime-1.jpg (500x490, 34K)

Moore takes a lot of pointless potshots.

Yeah, combining your own history of child abuse with the American Civil War, the Bible and newspaper articles about murdered children will do that.

It's kinda touching how he immortalized a murdered little girl as the leader of a rebellion of children against abusive adults though.

Attached: Elsie_Paroubek.jpg (351x353, 99K)

Yes. But only if it’s full on straight faced serious like the comic.

who made this and is there more

powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Periodic_Element_Solidification

I can maybe give him a heart attack by solidifying the oxygen in his blood, assuming he works that way, but I'm probably boned.

I don't think the guy who made this bit understood Stardust at all.

>In 1968, Darger became interested in tracing some of his frustrations back to his childhood and began writing The History of My Life. Spanning eight volumes, the book only spends 206 pages detailing Darger's early life before veering off into 4,672 pages of fiction about a huge twister called "Sweetie Pie", probably based on memories of a tornado he had witnessed in 1908.
fuckin based.

Netflix is too cucked to produced Stardust kino.

But are they strong enough?

powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Demonic_Aura
>Option 1.
I manage to use my abilities to temporarily slow him down, but ultimately I'm not going to be able to put a dent in him. Demonization is also out.
>OPtion 2.
He recognizes the demonic aura right off the bat and decides that I am a paragon of evil. NOt good. He's then going to have a field day figuring out the best way to screw me over.

Basically I'm fucked.
Fantastic Comics #24 (2008)

I think he's definitley emphasizing the more positive aspects. Not every villain undergoes some eldritch mutation as their punishment. Some are just suspended in the air until the police come by. Stardust can be PG....when he wants to.

Attached: stardust_the_super_wizard_by_ianjmiller-d8ja10t.jpg (1024x1554, 548K)

Stardust would probably have a ray that erases momentum in an area so Saiyans wouldn’t even be able to punch.

Saitama, not Saiyans fuck.

HOW DO YOU WRITE 4672 PAGES ABOUT A TORNADO

Going through his catalogs for Stardust. Will post what i find.

Attached: I Shall Destroy All Civilized Planets!-005.jpg (2361x3056, 3.73M)

Attached: I Shall Destroy All Civilized Planets!-006.jpg (2361x3056, 3.64M)

Who names a tornado "Sweetie pie"?

Apparently he had a picture of the girl who got killed, and got so mad at god when he lost it that he made his self insert character switch sides in the war, then later come back when he starts to think that maybe god was just testing his faith.

Attached: I Shall Destroy All Civilized Planets!-007.jpg (2361x3056, 3.7M)

Attached: I Shall Destroy All Civilized Planets!-008.jpg (2361x3056, 3.55M)

Attached: I Shall Destroy All Civilized Planets!-009.jpg (2361x3056, 3.87M)

Okay, I forgot about the Skeletons. Still, these people got off easy.

Attached: I Shall Destroy All Civilized Planets!-010.jpg (2361x3056, 3.68M)

Isn't Ice-9 from Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle

>a jungle witch on Earth attacking poachers and tribesmen
And then they turned her into an Egyptian princess for some reason.

Attached: 21E6B240-DD60-4D73-82AB-1E64F9B7C9CB.jpg (320x316, 22K)

>"Fuckin' Stardust, right?"

Attached: stardust skele.jpg (316x625, 102K)

Moore's a big Vonnegut reader

Well Hanks was no longer involved with the comic long before that point.

>This is the night we're scheduled to bump of the president
But Bill, you were the President.

Probably a lot of illustrations.

I don't quite agree, he is not shown to do or say anything out of character.
However, he is certainly utilized in a different way than we're used to seeing him.

Attached: stardust cruel.jpg (1245x1626, 2.33M)

>Stardust in Dwarf Fortress.

eh, he'd only have 50/50 shot against HolisticDetective and her backpack.