I may be writing a comic script

Just a question, do y'all think A green shapeshifting idiot (Beast Boy) could sustain his own solo series if it was a comedy action based series with some sad moments?

Attached: IMG_pngjm6.jpg (1065x1286, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=28gesnVafoA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Of course, with the right writer like anything else. Russell's Wonder Twins, with BB is just that.

Put some characters arc like club disco dance or a tournament for more variety.

I had one arc planned for a villain who literally just plans to corner the coffee market in Manhattan. But you're giving me an idea for a disco villain.

"Robin fights Joker, Raven fights Satan, I Fight $*%@! Disco Stu!"

The plan I had for it was a little more serious. Like, the same idea as Wonder twins, but just slightly more mature. Like, still downright weird events, and people making fun of Gar, but a touch of maturity to it.

Bump it.

if you want a green idiot with a comedy series

Attached: ambushbug.jpg (182x277, 22K)

You make an excellent point.

Beast Boy is shit. Animal Man is great

Attached: Animal Man.jpg (1500x2248, 502K)

That's the idea I'm getting at here. If animal man can be made great, who's powers are somewhat dumber than beast Boy (he even says himself "How Do I fly without Wings or breath under water without gills?") Why can't beast Boy? There's potential. Green asshole of an underdog who pushes away everyone who loves him because he has it stuck in his head that he's fault for people dying. (Blames himself for not saving his parents, The Doom Patrol, Steve Dayton, etc. Practically becomes a teenage alcoholic when Tim Drake Dies). And now, that it's proven he's still connected to the red, the totems can start harassing him like they did Buddy. It can even be used to bring Buddy back into action.

Stories with garfield should be about family, death and life choices, so making a solo series bout comedy rather than something thought out with comedic moments seems a mistake right from the start.

Attached: gar kills thieves age 8.jpg (600x900, 121K)

And much like he can shapeshift his body faster than he can blink, so should his personality shift from lighthearted banter to thoughtful or caring or any other state of mind quickly and seemlessly.

Attached: gar victor friendship.jpg (1008x1534, 730K)

I agree there. But I don't want it to be 100% death and depression. My plan for it would be start out more comedic and hit sadder territory as his background is explored. With him witnessing the murder of the king who saved him, the death of the Doom Patrol, his parents, terra, etc. Like, it won't be balls to the wall comedy. But he's going to face some absolutely idiotic criminals.

Again I 100% agree. He shouldn't be one dimensional.

Also he won´t mind chewing the scenery ever.

Attached: gar and the titans tower.jpg (1041x1600, 553K)

Seems only the WAFF is missing.

Attached: CyBB friendship.jpg (365x721, 89K)

I'm a bit of an idiot, dude, WAFF?

Bump

Warm And Fuzzy Feeling. Basically being nice and good things happening.

youtube.com/watch?v=28gesnVafoA

On another note, seeing more partial transformations would also be cool. Like not only he can stop and hold a transformation mid way, he can also transform into diferents animals at the same time, although not too many and not too diferent from each other.

Attached: BB mid transformation.jpg (800x516, 68K)

All I ask is you utilize Rita Farr and Gar’s relationship, it’s one of the best dynamics but is poorly underutilized

Attached: E66E2428-EFD0-42EA-B4D0-23B8C2E8B7FD.jpg (323x156, 19K)

I think Beast Boy from the Teen Titans cartoon could sustain his own series if he goes serious mode like during the Brotherhood of Evil Arc.

That's what I figured.

The partial transformations I can guarantee would be part of it as I write it. His first transformation is him only morphing his arms and upper body. That's one thing I'll give the current Titans run, it utilized the partial morph for its action scenes.

That would definitely be a necessity. It's rarely touched upon anywhere anymore. Steve either. Young justice finally reminded The fans that he had an adoptive mother.

The great thing about gar´s power is that it is ridiculously versatile and it is useful in almost any environment, without being so OP that he can only be threatened by gods (at least until he gets old enough to fully use it´s potential).For example there is a specific wasp that resists radiation that he could use to explore a failed power plant, or he can regenerate entire limbs by turning into a starfish.

I think the biggest difficulty with wrinting him is giving him a goal, something to look forward to. Batman is about cleaning up gotham, Superman to make sure earth doesn´t suffer krypton´s fate, Nightwing about being his own man, but gar is much harder to pinpoint.

Acting not only has next to nothing to do with his powers, but i see it as something he uses to cope and get attention, which is what he really wants. Since he is green and so unique, I figure it´s impossible for him to have a secret identity. Maybe you can make a really compelling story about a superhero who wants to helps people, but hesitates to tackle dangerous criminals because they will target his loved ones and he can´t keep keep them hidden...

Are you actually pitching a series to DC or just writing fanfiction? Either way props user

>yfw your stories are so well crafted and complex that DC or Marvel will never be interested.
I can write SJW and LGTB with the best argument to make it natural, but I know that they will not be interested in anyone outside the US reliving their capeshit industry.

Attached: 1541090536496.jpg (798x850, 276K)

If they're so good go ahead and self-publish them online.

Oh fuck you buddy. Read Animal Man before opening your dumb mouth.

Look, I know how the economy works and I know that my stories don't give to a larger audience.
At least the Internet exists and I can buy copyright in case something happens.

Wait scrap that starfish idea since it takes months. A planarian can regenerate entire bodies in weeks.

Teen titan team not shit enough for ya? Dude
Check out my burrito.

I did. You can't deny before Grant touched him he was a total fucking dork!

I'm currently writing a script for an actual series pitch. I need at least one issue made to make a pitch, that includes an artist. It's a pain but it's a dream.

Dunno, maybe this oneshot will be good.

Attached: BB dog days summer.jpg (1080x1350, 247K)

Beast boy and Buddy Baker would definitely be friends if they met outside of world ending scenarios. Buddy being an awkward family man would get him symphathy points instantly.

My idea moving forward with it is that he will be given a goal, as time goes on. He's just finding himself in the first, say... Five issues. Then, he gets hit with big purposeful thing. My idea is The red. In the current Titans run, he was just controlled by the cult of blood invading the red. They're going to be all screwed up after this. And my idea was with Gar being one of the youngest Red users in the DC universe, the totems will summon him to be some form of savior or chosen being to fill out their tasks. He will be reluctant at first. But forced into it eventually. Then as time goes on he finds himself doing good not just for the Red but the world.

And don't get me wrong, issue one is already having his Cousin Matt nearly mauled by a Human-dog hybrid. It's going to involve the double life scenario.

Cool, good luck with it!

Good luck with that, fellow artist.

My idea is I would push the Morrison Animal rights angle with Buddy and have him and Gar team up for a smaller less serious thing, before Having them fight a bigger threat. They played off eachother well in RotWorld, and it would just open up the possibilities.

Thanks, mate. I appreciate it.

Thanks, dude. I need it lol.

I don't even want to think about how many good stories DC has turned down in favor of... Female Furies...

The titans comic is bad but not like horrible. It's just kinda sad to watch it crash.

See that´s another thing i don´t like about new 52, the red connection. Swamp thing can stay more or less unique, since Poison Ivy plays a completely different role, but BB, Animal man and Vixen just step on each other´s roles.

Since BB has a more scientific origin than the mystical knowledge of the others, maybe the way to make it interesting would be if the red saw him as a renegade of sorts, something artificial that was not meant to be. But since he is a hero, the red would be somewhat devided on what to do with him. Maybe those wacky villains you´re thinking could be agents of the red that want him to do something to prove he should be eliminated. Just a thought.

That's actually a really good idea. Yeah I can build on that. He's connected to it, but not like Animal Man or Vixen. He's not chosen or special. He's connected by luck. They take interest in Gar after he fights the Animal Human hybrids, and send him several challenges in the form of, say, obscure 60s villains reimagined. These will just be agents in disguise, but will act as ways to measure his power and morals! They find him reckless, but useful. THANK YOU, YOU GENIUS!

Making Beast Boy another Deadpool like they did with Harley Quinn is an awful idea and represemts a complete misunderstanding of the character.

So fucking don't.

>60´s villains
Of course, the brotherhood of evil is a must.

Attached: RCO024_1469381392.jpg (1041x1600, 758K)

Oh no, not like that. I was thinking more along the lines of plastic man or Peter Parker.

The NTT/X-Men crossover should be an example of how to get the comedy right.

Attached: gar and kitty.jpg (900x1348, 472K)

I mean, sure, it can work. You are still writing a character that was defined by The Judas Contract (even if Nightwing was technically the protagonist, that's why Dick's role was greatly reduced in follow-ups and adaptations). Literally the only way you could make that story more melodramatic is if it turned out Terra was pregnant at the end.

With out question. But I was thinking more along the lines of incredibly obscure villains. Say, Bugman or Zebra man. Bugman, instead of being a guy in a dragonfly plane, could be a human sized dragonfly like empath able to control insects. And Zebra man could be renamed to just "The Zebra." And be another odd, freaky hybrid. Say, with a power similar to vertigo, except instead of just making you dizzy, he can "replicate" himself and create disorienting visions. Incredibly obscure DC properties, brought back. Like the aliens in animal man's new 52 run

I wouldn't go that far or odd. If anything, I don't want terra really involved in it save for a mention and a reference. I did however have a love interest in mind that would untimely either be a flop or a stay. If you read the rebirth teen titans series, Gar becomes involved with a young tech genius names Joran. We aren't given much info about her besides the fact that she grew up in northern California, is a super genius for tech and AI, and she fell in love with Garfield while working with him. Of course she was a villain, but from the end of #19, it shows that Gar still had feelings for her. And she isn't entirely mad it him, smiling at him through the glass of her prison cell when he visits her. There's potential there.

Exactly. The situational humor. And the wise ass remarks. Not off the wall "HAHA funny JOOKE!"

Well if you asked wolfman he would probably say the protagonist of the judas contract is actually slade wilson, but the entire idea is to make gar go through madame rouge´s betrayal all over again, and despite the fact that the outcome was much better than the way the doom patrol went, the tragedy was that rather than act on his suspicions he hoped that terra would change out of love, and she didn´t.

And that's what made Gar such a compelling character to me. He can watch his girlfriend straight out tell him he's a no good slimy fool, watch his greatest enemy reveal he was behind it all along, and he will still have emotion for terra. Then the issue after Judas contract, where he practically kills an entire group of gun runners. It's emotion and character! Something he's missing now a days.

BUMP

Why? You made this reply only 7 minutes after the last answer.

Gar is not entirely wrong about loving terra though. To complete her mission she didn´t have to get involved with him romantically, and she was not forced into it. That alone proves she was atracted to him, even if she were 100% evil as the story claims.

What attracted to him is harder to say, maybe it was that both hid their real selves from their teammates, maybe she really liked the attention, maybe she enjoyed the teasing and the games they played with each other, or maybe she was interested in the darker parts of his personality. Like she saw him interrogate a mook by turning into a lion and showing the claws right in front of his eyes. The way he went after slade afterwards is also really disturbing.

Attached: gar slade in prison.jpg (1041x1600, 565K)

Attached: BB animal rights.png (1280x1600, 532K)

It's was slipping into the forum pretty fast, didn't want it to get clipped.

In a way, I feel like the Term titans cartoon did this scene better than the comics did and ever could now that Slade has his own series. To have a kids show that never took the killing morality into question, suddenly make it seem like Beast Boy just murdered the man Robin couldn't even handle, was a really dark twist, even if only for a few seconds.

You have no idea how annoyed I was at the end of this issue though, with the damn diner.

The titans comic crashing is sad to watch because whenever abnett tried to do anything, management screwed him over. Ric grayson was just the final nail on the coffin.

While I would never hit the nail on the head so directly, the series would have se mentions of animal rights considering I was going have Gar spend a decent amount of time at the Bronx Zoo (similar to how animal man was at the San Diego zoo often)

I really feel awful for Abnett, because like you said, he kept getting screwed. First with his lineup getting changed. Then ric. Then having at least five issues wasted for crossover filler for the justice league that didn't even get used. Now he's being canceled and probably had to rewrite an entire three issues.

Yeah that he just gave up because slade refused to put the mask was total bullshit, considering he had zero problems attacking him in prison.

The diner scene i´m not opposed to in concept, if it had resulted in slade giving up the deathstroke persona forever and turning himself in for his crimes, and entrusting his son and daughter to the titans because he didn´t want them to be led astray like grant was. THAT would have been a powerful conclusion, not that garbage that tried to pass itself for respectable.

But it could only have taken place years later, after garfield had fully grown and slade had gotten weary.

What kind of style are you thinking on?

Attached: teen_titans_by_ducklordethan_dctimns-pre.jpg (1064x751, 158K)

I'm not entirely sure, is the issue. I want a style that can be visually captivating, yet not feel over crowded.

That´s more to do with panelling and visual direction than art style, which probably has to conform on some level with the other comics.

Attached: NTT artstyle.jpg (540x1762, 241K)

That ending would be great.

My idea for it would be he pulls a dark knight. He comes thiiiiis close to killing Slade, the first death be is actually responsible for. Say, he has his Jaws clamped on slades throat and is slowly drawing blood, trying to bring himself to do it, to end it all... But he can't do it. He can't bring himself to end a life this personally.

Then we have the diner scene and Slade resigns. Boom. Cut. But NAHHH

Let's have Garfield forgive the killer rapist who goes on to try and kill them again a week later

Good point. But still, there are some artists who I personally have a hard time reading a story with their art because it feels they have too much a flashy style.

The first death he is actually responsible for is madame rouge, not slade.

And it would have been nice to see dayton being the one to actually step up on his duties as a father by stopping gar from committing first degree murder.

Attached: BB kills madame rouge.jpg (1860x1626, 735K)

they tried.

Attached: beast boy and rita TTG 28.jpg (1024x1576, 766K)

Well the fanartist behind this picture somehow got dc management to let him her, so it´s not impossibr

Attached: teen titans hunt red x.jpg (1080x919, 211K)

With current Blob Rita thinking of herself as a monster, that is incredibly sweet of Gar, really heartwarming