Found these at my local library. Am I in for good times Yea Forums?

Found these at my local library. Am I in for good times Yea Forums?

Attached: batmanbooks.jpg (2535x1972, 785K)

Yeah sure.

Long Halloween is one of the staple Batman stories and Dark Knight Returns, while it hasn't aged as well as other stories, is fascinating to read in the context of the 80s and for it's historical relevancy. So sure, yeah.

Yes

I started with Dark Knight Returns. Some great reaction faces in here. I'm gonna have to scan the image of Bruce having PTSD while watching Zorro before turing this back in.

Long Halloween has a shit ending but DKR rules

If you want some solid reaction faces Dark Knight Strikes Again is prime material

Attached: 0223192230-1.jpg (1904x2231, 721K)

Loeb gets a lot of deserved hate but Long Halloween is great.

The Dark Knight Returns is pretty much the best comic ever.

I was sad to learn Loeb socks, it's like reading Ultimate Spiderman and learning about Bendis.

I just got to part two. Did old man Bats just blast a dude with a machine gun?

Your local library seems really cool. Which other comics they got there?

They had a lot of comics. Batman and Superman were the most but they had a lot of other random stuff. I took a picture of the Batman section.

Attached: batmansection.jpg (1913x2614, 1.12M)

Bruh you should see his illustrations in Dark Knight III. Borderline cave man paintings.

Attached: Frank-Miller-Dark-Knight-Returns-III-645x370.jpg (645x370, 67K)

His older work, specially with Tim Sale, is very good, but yeah, he took a (frankly, very justifiable) downturn in recent years.
I also feel like Marvel knows he's not the same anymore but they also know all he has left is his work so they keep sticking him in these weird corners just so the man can stay busy.

Frank Miller was kind of a weird dude

Attached: Nakedbathug.jpg (1608x3109, 810K)

These are some good bat-books and if they also have the Carl Barks library and the Bill Watterson library their catalogue must be at least adequate

>was
my boy Frank is probably even weirder these days since everyone is so interested in throwing money his way so he can become weirder.

WYou should check out Batgirl: Silent Knight next. Kelly Puckett's Batgirl run is greater than 90% of what is on that shelf.

Your in for half of a good time

not a comic guy more in this for the cartoons, are you telling me these were actually printed and sent out for fans to read? Yikes!

Speaking of sexual overtones, the dialogue during the fight with evil Dick Grayson is one of the reasons I've never understood why people take this stuff at face value.

I'm down for some Batgirl

>carl barks
Based. We have an entire section for comics in our town library but it's available for local reading only (we can't borrow).

Believe it or not, there were actually people in the 80s who looked like that

You should read Year One before Long Halloween, LH is a direct sequel to Year One.

>Dark Knight Returns, while it hasn't aged as well as other stories
eat shit and/or die

Thanks for the info I'll finish Dark Knight Rises and take it back to switch for Year One before reading Long Halloween.

DKR is literally the best Batman story of all time.
Long Halloween is pretty much garbage though. Ugly art too.

TLH is indeed quite good but if you think TDKR "hasn't aged well" you aren't paying attention. To literally anything, the comic or the world.

This.

This.

Kys.

dark knight returns is probably one of the best batman books, good choice op.

yuck, frank miller.

80s frank was best frank

good finds. Def. slab the DKR

>slab this trade paperback that is one of the most reprinted books on the market, that you also don't own
wot

the ending of long halloween was kinda weird, but its just a good solid book.

Attached: good solid tank.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>TDKR hasn't aged well
What? Miller predicted the rise of cable news and the dominance of the 24 hour news cycle perfectly.

Dark Knight Strikes Again was drawn published in 2002 you absolute troglodyte.

long halloween is a noir-esque murder mystery.
the dark knight returns is a big bombastic wagnerian opera

This was the face I meant.
Yeah they really nailed that. Doubt this comic cloud be made today with Batman disguising himself as a diseased black hobo.

Attached: 3000600.jpg (1827x2737, 730K)